• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Turazrok

Smash Master
hey scar, **** you.

ive been waiting for this since 12:00 this morning. you ruined my hopes and dreams.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
i guess he was just waiting for the falcon tourney videos

so screw video game boot camp for making scar wait

theyre uploading the videos now

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
what took you so long

was it movie maker crashing on you? lol

what you gotta do next time is take like 2 minutes of combos then publish it

another 2 another 2, like that

then add the title music put em together and bam

no problems

oh i was the first to watch it btw ; ]

Scar

#HarveyDent
haha i saw

yeah wmm crashed at least 15 times during this process

i didn't want to publish like that bc i didn't want to compress it several times and decrease the quality, i figured ok i'm not gonna hit my 11:59pm deadline i may as well just keep going and get max quality

i did the credits on a different project tho

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
werd thats true but idk

i dont think it gets compressed if its already converted into the type of file your going to publish it to

pretty sure it only compresses when its converted

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Good stuff Scar. I liked it. Was that the combo that you were talking about that Isai did to you, only to SD, at the end during the credits? If so, lol.

greenlink

Smash Apprentice
Darkrain was clearly sandbagging. Like, no johns but he was playing mad sloppy. But I've never really seen Hax vs Marth before.
See, what you did here was you johned- then said no johns- then johned again

And third, Darkrain clearly had a hangover. Like, no johns but he partied really hard the night before and had a major headache the next day. I mean no johns but I don't think that match counts since Darkrain had such a massive hangover.
And then you johned- said no johns- johned-said no johns- then johned again

No johns combos

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
haha i saw

yeah wmm crashed at least 15 times during this process

i didn't want to publish like that bc i didn't want to compress it several times and decrease the quality, i figured ok i'm not gonna hit my 11:59pm deadline i may as well just keep going and get max quality

i did the credits on a different project tho
learn to use sony vegas or Adobe Premiere Pro CS4, u can get them for free off the internet
if ur doing alot of editing i suggest looking into it, windows movie maker is a ***** and a half

btw good **** on the combo video

_kSo_

Smash Master
sony vegas 7.0 works great for me
i have it pirated >_>

Great video scar!! really enjoyed it

BUT as was mentioned by someone else, the music choice could have been better...I didn't think that eminem fit too well for the beginning. The second song worked out really nicely, though. I think the guitar shredding blends really well with the visual impacts of falcon's combos and really meshes the whole video together. This is why I loved IKM II with enter sandman
**** was so cash
and darkrain's mindreader with the duke nukem theme

All in all, I thought the combos were excellent, video overall was well made, but the music choices were lacking slightly.

9.0/10

:-D

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
you already made not just one, but two combo videos, why would you make another? we've already seen everything you can do and I could do while watching IKM3 was yawn at predictable combos and be upset at your terrible music choices. IKM1 rocked the world with shockingly awesome combos (knee -> knee -> knee, WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!), IKM2 blew cause it was just more of the same and IKM3 continued the rapid decline in quality by just flat out sucking ****. READ A NEWSPAPER SCAR! no one should ever make more than 1 combo video cause they're all the same.

It was pretty good, didn't care for the music, but jesus *****-****ing christ Scar's fast

PEEF!

Smash Hero
lolz i meant that falcon's grab leads into his best moves, making his grab almost always the best choice of action, amirite
I knew what you meant, and yeah, vs most characters grab is a super safe and dangerous punishment.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
literally just started watching

and whoever said they don't like the first song is ****ing ********

edit: well it might not be that great for a combo video

but the song still *****

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Scar, what's your general advice for the Falco and Sheik matchups? They're probably my worst ones. With Falco I have difficulty getting grabs and avoiding lasers, and with Sheik I have difficulty doing anything. It seems like I just get needled, grabbed, tech-chased, and gayed. I'm really not even sure how to approach Sheik. With Falco I just aim for powershield -> n-air, but more often than not I don't make the powershield. I'll let you know when and if I can get matches uploaded.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
People complain about songs that aren't in their genre, and like the ones that are. Obvious. The song doesn't make the video, the video makes the song.

Look out for my custom hour-long playlist of combo video songs that I'm putting together in the next couple weeks. It will have tons of tracks from your favorite combo videos, including shined blind, ssbm metagame, the IKM's, mind reader, silence, rapex2, shadowclaw, all that. The perfect music for your smashfest occasion. =]

Meneks

Smash Lord
People complain about songs that aren't in their genre, and like the ones that are. Obvious. The song doesn't make the video, the video makes the song.

Look out for my custom hour-long playlist of combo video songs that I'm putting together in the next couple weeks. It will have tons of tracks from your favorite combo videos, including shined blind, ssbm metagame, the IKM's, mind reader, silence, rapex2, shadowclaw, all that. The perfect music for your smashfest occasion. =]
Theres a thread on that already man...
I think gimpy fish made it theres a bunch of songs from various combo videos...

Top Bottom