• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

tubes

Smash Ace
@ Scar: you should probably just ignore the people who didn't like the music. You can't possibly please everyone with music.

But seriously, how do I get as good as you at comboing?

Animal

Smash Lord
holy **** scarr your falcon has evolved so much since ikm2. best uairs in the game. sick mindgames. covering every option fukkkkkk

legion598

Smash Ace
can someone explain in detail to me how full hop Uair > knee combos work on floaties/semi floaties . I just realized how **** it is but id like to know what all u can do depending on DI etc.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
the editing was way better imo, but the speed of IKM3 felt so much faster. If scar had a better program then windows movie maker he'd have much better vids.

Editing in movie maker is like stabbing yourself with a knife over and over again.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
IKM2 just had so much amazing revolutionary stuff that I could never do no matter how hard i tried.

IKM3 was really good, but...yeah.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
^
You're starting to play Ice Climbers, so your opinions are instantly invalid and null. Get.

And speaking of Ice Climbers, don't you DI towards the ICs and downwards when being dthrow -> daired? A description of what I should be doing with the sticks would be even better. I'm getting behind Foxes when they waveshine me now because Pocky mentioned the moving the analog from bottom/top diagonal inwards to the other diagonal, neat stuff ^_^

D

Deleted member

I smash DI really hard in the other direction so in 2 or 3 waveshines you will flip onto the other side

Tomacawk

Smash Master
sdi doesn't change the direction of your trajectory, it changes your starting point
so you would have to sdi so hard that the fox wavedashes past you and shines you backwards the next time...i don't think that's even possible

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
yea thats how you can do it. or you can go past them with a perfect wd if they dont di, or drill them and di to the other side of them. its flatlanding infinite but it doesnt work anymore because people di the shine better

D

Deleted member

sdi doesn't change the direction of your trajectory, it changes your starting point
so you would have to sdi so hard that the fox wavedashes past you and shines you backwards the next time...i don't think that's even possible
i can do it

Tomacawk

Smash Master
if you can SDI that strong, then the fox should see that you're behind them and waveshine backwards, anyway
but I suppose attempting that is better than just taking your hands off the controller and waiting until he's done wave****ting you everywhere

D

Deleted member

its extremely hard to gauge when, as fox, to waveshine backwards. literally no technical fox who is waveshining me ever did a waveshine in the right direction as soon as i switched

i think darkrain SDI's really hard (in the same direction that the fox is waveshining to get super far away) to buffer roll

SDI-ing is the future and will get you out of a lot of crap, another good spot is when a fox drills you and you SDI so the shine misses. Great investment in return of eventually wrecking ur control stick

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
wow! that combo video was LEGEN. . .(wait for it). . . .

and
IbetyouknowwhatscomingnextsoimjustgonnaDARRRYYYY!!!!!

so anywhoooo, great video scar! I am now a full fledged fan
your uairs are hella frame perfect (or near perf) and the dairs that were being used as the primary dz aerial are pretty interesting now that ppl are di'ing to avoid the fairnowadays. . . . uair still works too. . . .
and great musicality. and ,iono, but I really enjoyed the last song moreso. . . gives you that warm feeling . . . cheesy, i know =D
Thanks again.
awesome4daze!

question about the sdi, about how many frames before/after the hit/shine are you hitting the stick over? if anyone knows if there was a frame chart posted about this and could post it, that would be great!
It kinda feels that, when I do it on instinct, that its like 10 or so before getting hit, but I could be wrong.

D

Deleted member

you have to **** the **** out of your stick so hard

for people who play or used to play smash 64 this comes natural

edit: this is assuming the fox is doing consistent good waveshines

Scar

#HarveyDent
That's why I didn't like Scar's vid. What you call "risks" and going "a little crazy" I call stupid and doesn't work against competent players. I liked Darkrain's because the combos were efficient, smooth, and had that quality of skill that only experience brings.

Darkrain combos = skill
Scar combos = luck/random

Obviously this is not for 100% of the combos it's just an in general sort of thing.
what do people think about this

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
saying your combos are luck/random is a slap in the face. they're frequently silly, sure, but comeon, credit where it's due. and ****, I see you do ledgecancel fair -> dair all dai in tourney so I'm not sure Foward understands how hard even some of your silly **** is to get out of.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
i can do it
Me too

IKM3 was pretty good, but I prefer the other two because they both had some sort of revolutionary/crazy tech or combo in them. The first one introduced us to Scar jumping and the second one had the insane ledgecancel fair > dair among other things.

3 did have some ludicrous uairs though, I liked that about it.

Top Bottom