• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

`DNS`

Smash Lord
watching matches i played the other day.. such an isai moment: vs marth at 10% - stomp nair nair uair.. hit him off stage, he used his over-b to help his recovery and i kneed him all the way off the screen

then i use an aerial raptor boost off the edge and die, losing the match

=D

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
my cube got jacked @ Pound.

+ I dont know how to practice, ive never in my life practiced in my room for more than 15 minutes in one sitting. Except for that one day I practiced Scar-Jumping. That was cool, i practiced for like 2 hours in one day. I got 6 and had room for more but i ****ed up and died.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
yeah it was pretty sweet how we were told that our **** was safe because people werent going to be allowed to move set-ups until monday night, then i get there Day 2 and they moved EVERYTHING on one side of the room, the side my **** happened to be on.

Oh, well, i aint that mad about it anymore.

D

Deleted member

All you guys need is smash 64 smash DI to get out of reverse Icey chain grab

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
sdi exists in 64?
i always thought you got touched once and lost a stock

not trying to be an ***, I really dont know

have you decided if youre going to be in sf this saturday, s2j?

those sdi tips are helpful too, thanks guys
completely forgot jeff sdi'd a few of m2k's jabs at tourneyplay GFs
hopefully ill remember next time

D

Deleted member

Are you immune to Fox U-air and Dair?

That would be so cool if you were.
I am extremely good at getting out of D-air so Shine misses but I am really bad at gauging Fox up-airs and usually end up DI-ing across Foxes up-air and getting hit anyways

I am also very very bad at Di-ing to the left and will usually opt to C-stick DI

D

Deleted member

sdi exists in 64?
i always thought you got touched once and lost a stock

not trying to be an ***, I really dont know

have you decided if youre going to be in sf this saturday, s2j?

those sdi tips are helpful too, thanks guys
completely forgot jeff sdi'd a few of m2k's jabs at tourneyplay GFs
hopefully ill remember next time
SDI is the only DI in smash 64 and is a necessity to getting ***** less 25% of the time

ya i have a 80% chance to go, u going?????

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I am extremely good at getting out of D-air so Shine misses but I am really bad at gauging Fox up-airs and usually end up DI-ing across Foxes up-air and getting hit anyways

I am also very very bad at Di-ing to the left and will usually opt to C-stick DI
That's really cool. I wish I could do that.

[/sincere]

JPOBS

Smash Hero
smash 64 has crazy sdi but i dunno how it works

i was watching some superboom vs isai and was like "lol wut thats not how that attack should work whats going on here"

JPOBS

Smash Hero
iirc
Left stick/D-stick/control stick is used for smash DI

the c-stick inputs one frame of ASDI in the direction you're holding.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Can someone explain how roll buffering works? I keep seeing Darkrain do it to get away from Falco shield pressure and it looks pretty good.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
buffering works as such:

start in shield
hold a direction on your c-stick
on the first actionable frame, your character will do the same action they would do if you tapped the control stick in that direction (roll, spotdodge or jump)

just to see what's happening, hold shield and hold down on the c-stick and you'll see your character spam spot dodge as quickly as possible. This is especially useful when doing stuff out of shield, as shield stun timings are awkward and buffering it lets you not have to worry about timing at all.

Top Bottom