• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
I agree. Fighting sheik it often seems as soon as your run in to punish her spotdodge/tilt/whatever you get punished instead.

I just approach the matchup differently then I used to. Basically both characters are looking for the grab so they can 0-death the other hopefully. The sheik just has a much larger margin of error due to her moves all winning. So since I never win trades, just dashdance/nair camp in the safest way I can and wait for sheik to mess up and allow me to grab, or hit her at all. Without platforms I'll techchase to either u-throw knee eventually or stomp knee, with platforms you have the great upair.

Sheik's needles are easier to deal with than other characters also. If she happens to throw one and you see it you can nair over it and hit her. When you do happen to catch her with any hit at all, make sure to get the grab or techchase her reaction and lead to something.

That's how I approach the sheik matchup in short, hope it helps.

If Hax vs Amsah is up from pound, watch that.

D

Deleted member

jiggly is a tough matchup, look up mango's falcon vs hungrybox and think about what he does that makes falcon work against jiggs

i have very very little experience against jiggs so i can't say much on the matter, you can try b-air camping like hax

Animal

Smash Lord
S2J i cant find any matches when mango uses falcon against Hbox. link plz?

pockyD

Smash Legend
"mad" wouldn't have worked in this situation

i hella can't post on the boards though
"mad" can only describe an adjective (when used like we're talking about anyway) - "hella" can describe an adjective or a verb (which is how scar used it)

now feel enlightened

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
not really, I'm just pointing out that if you go to youtube and search on hungrybox mango falcon, the top two results are the desired matches, so Animal clearly didn't put much effort into finding the videos on his own.
he wouldn't.

scientology

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
well put

I wonder if 'wicked' ever has the chance to pick up wind again

"Those tech read dairs were wicked clean."

eh?

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
"mad" wouldn't have worked in this situation

"mad" can only describe an adjective (when used like we're talking about anyway) - "hella" can describe an adjective or a verb (which is how scar used it)

now feel enlightened
i think he used it as an adverb actually. dont bank on it though. im a comp-sci major :p

megapup

Smash Apprentice
I have a question. do you ever fast fall your short hopped nair? also is there any point in l cancelling a non fast falled nair?

noodles

Smash Champion
the only times you wouldnt wanna fast fall is when you want more directional influence.

D

Deleted member

yea

if you do a n-air and 'float' past or away from them you can trick them into shield grabbing the air while you proceed to ****

for most other situations u should fast fall though

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
I would for around 12-15 matches, at least

prolly watch the rest at some point

I def need help in the MU, and would love to see a bunch of them

I feel as watching them helps me more than most, and even combats getting exp from playing at times

Scar

#HarveyDent
ya i no no johns

but for real i wish i had played them right after we played HMW+shiz

that "finish teams finals after singles starts" **** is really ****ing stupid

Top Bottom