• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Ryzol_

Smash Apprentice
Greenville, SC (school) Charlotte, NC(break)
Not sure if this is useful, but CF can hit standing Fox/Falco with a rising sh uair. You have to be fairly close, but not too close. The spacing is a bit out of CF's grab range.

Also I remember reading about something similar to this called the "love zone". If you think they will DI the dthrow in and you are worried they will tech it you can hit them with a reverse uair -> rising reverse uair. Reverse uair is untechable until very high %. If you are wrong and they did not DI the dthrow in, you hit them with a normal uair which is okay, but not great.

I'm working on shieldstabbing with nair. I think nair has the potential to shieldstab 100% of the time a shield tilted up or down.

D

Deleted member

Fountain of Dreams is good if Shiek counterpicks it on you since you can DI up onto a small platform when getting d-throwed and duck his tilts and get away instead of getting tech chased forever

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Sheik's platform game >>>> falcon's platform game on FoD. Small stage = greater possiblity of getting knocked off. Sheik gets a lot of advantages on FoD and falcon gets like two. So you're better off trading the higher ceiling and slightly less tech chase **** for better platforms, banning FoD, and going to Yoshi's.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
The misconception is that the platforms help you on FoD.

***** can still chase you and she can get a solid hit even easier from it.

the stuff down there is good, some things to add: no scarjumping on FoD, worse platform combos, harder to techchase for falcon, harder to move about
vvv

Nakamaru

Smash Master
I guess i worded that wrong. Sheik's platform game doesn't really change on FoD. It's just that falcon's SUCKS in comparison. Plus you get the small chance of randal coming to save the day on yoshi's. Its not much, but every little bit counts.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Sheik's tilts are so much more spammable and Falcon's stomp/knee techchases are restricted. That's significant to how I play the matchup, both ways.

D

Deleted member

I guess the rest of the world is wrong then :(. I just think that on FoD, you have a chance to get away from a Shiek that can tech chase perfectly even if they are tilt happy since you have the power of ducking to buffer jump

edit: on Yoshi's, ALWAYS edgecancel the cloud so that you can double jump knee them since they are probably gunna just barely jump off the edge and you get an unexpected knee

i don't think falcon's tech chase game is more limited, just different and u have to just be perceptive on FoD. Like the platform in the beginning is barely lifted so you can n-air without fast-falling and land both hits and not get kok blocked by the platform

Milos

Smash Lord
Raptor boost tech chasing when the platforms are just barely raised covers every single tech option on the platform no matter what lol

if you're hitting them from below and you have the time to start the raptor boost right before they land of course

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
You can't knee if they tech in place under the low platforms on FoD, sometimes even the edge. You're limited to regrab and raptor boost which aren't the best options at certain percents. FoD with Falcon you have to use bair way more in order to do well. It's not as horrible for Falcon as some people say, but it definitely works so much better for Sheik.

D

Deleted member

its impossible for them to tech in place under 'low' platforms because they would go on top of the low platforms except in extreme scenarios like barely the inside edges where you can still knee them

even so you can still stomp on top of the platform with prediction if they tech underneath a platform

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
FoD? Seriously? Time to change the thread name to Ask Reneblade how to play Falcon. :p

<3 S2J.'

OMFG NINJA'ED BY A GG7 POST?!?!

HOLY ****! WELCOME BACK!

NOW ALL WE NEED IS A THUMBSWAYUP POST AND IT'LL BE LIKE THE OLD DAYS!

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Jaja Tai talking about me to random oos people wtf.

Whenever Chris and I both get a chance to go to Cali, you guys better have a Falcon-only tournament!

Anyways, back to FoD: I don't mean only the lowest height of the side platforms. I mean anytime that they interfere with your short hop attacks. If they don't tech, you can't knee them from above. You'd have to full jump to hit a stomp, but they can react to a full jump easily so it's not a useful option against players with competent reflexes. All they have to do is not tech often until you start trying options like Raptor Boost which is rarely Falcon's best option.

Sure, it's possible to still techchase them, but you are definitely limited in the routes you take. The stage really cuts out Falcon's shffl efficiency while Sheik can just run around and dash attack safely if you don't tech and punish hard.

There's that match of Vanz v. Darkrain on FoD. Vanz comes very close to winning but wasn't playing gey at all. If he was, he probably would have won by at least a couple stocks. That's how slanted that matchup is, and Darkrain is great at the matchup for a Falcon. M2K 4-stocked him on DL64 but I don't think he would be able to do that consistently. FoD on the other hand...

Other Falcon strategy talk: if they tech away torwards the edge at mid percent, I think it's the best option to knee them. I see other Falcons go for the regrab and dropzone or uthrow. If the knee hits them and they are still DIing away because of teching away, they'll get butchered. If they have decent DI. it's still an easy edgeguard. Am I missing an obvious advantage of the regrab?

D

Deleted member

Darkrain ****ed up big time vs mew2king on dreamland if you look at his 2nd or 3rd death he misses some offstage aerial and dies for it

anyways i just asked tai who he thought were the best people in az and he said u constantly beat gg7 and stuff

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
After watching m2k vs darkrain at genesis, I stopped watching most sheik vids and all of m2k(sheik) vids for about 3 months. It made me sooooooooooo sad.

"I JUST BEAT MANG0! WHERE YOU AT?!"

<3 the warrior

_marth1_

Smash Lord
some things ive learned recently:

1) vs falco on fd sucks
2) vs fox on stadium sucks
3) i can only consistently win vs spacies on battlefield

im going to be banning stadium instead of fod from now on because nobody has the guts to take me there anyways

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
some things ive learned recently:

1) vs falco on fd sucks
2) vs fox on stadium sucks
3) i can only consistently win vs spacies on battlefield

im going to be banning stadium instead of fod from now on because nobody has the guts to take me there anyways
fox vs stadium isnt bad at all for me i dont know what your talking about

falco on fd only sucks if you cant powershield

wiitubeaccount

Smash Apprentice
i am still having trouble doing the gentleman. can someone please explain how to do it and its uses with good detail, and how to practice this( i can usually only play against the cpu : / )

oh and is there a so called manly tier in smashboards?

D

Deleted member

i am still having trouble doing the gentleman. can someone please explain how to do it and its uses with good detail, and how to practice this( i can usually only play against the cpu : / )

oh and is there a so called manly tier in smashboards?
magus420 explained it pretty technically in his post

my way of explaining it though is 1st two jabs must be quick, 1st jab must hit and you hold A and something else (down). Don't let go of a or down until u duck. Not really the 'correct' way but pretty much guaranteed and crouchcancelling to me is useful

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
magus420 explained it pretty technically in his post

my way of explaining it though is 1st two jabs must be quick, 1st jab must hit and you hold A and something else (down). Don't let go of a or down until u duck. Not really the 'correct' way but pretty much guaranteed and crouchcancelling to me is useful
can you point me to this post?

Top Bottom