• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
How do you trigger the instant walljump with Falcon? I can do it on command with Fox, but only by accident with Falcon.

D

Deleted member

up-throw near edge --> up-tilt when they don't sweet spot edge like noob

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
it depends on what timing you want the l-cancel.

in my experience, ive only just recently developed being able to sh uair with the control stick. This is better for getting an uair out FAST. this is good for defense against aerial foes (nairing spacies, fairing marth/sheik etc.) the l-cancel comes at the end of the animation, if at all.

I use the cstick for when i want to l-cancel JUST as the hitbox connects, giving me the ability to dash after people and/or follow up combos. basically an empty short hop with an lcancel of the uair right at the end. this gives me the ability to fast fall and not have to press up at all.

so in short, i use both.
all right man thanks :). have any advice on how to quickly tilt the control stick up early in an sh without accidently double jumping? (just stop sucking on my part i guess :S)

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
The College Park that I attend is in Maryland.

Because the uthrow dropzone depends on them DIing offstage.
The word "guaranteed" implies that is possible 100% of the time. Something cannot be "more guaranteed". It either is or it isn't.

Also if you uthrow and they DI away, you can just uair them instead of kneeing. Gets more damage than an fthrow and accomplishes the same thing or better, unless they're at a high enough percent that dropzone knee from a uthrow wouldn't work anyways even if they didn't DI.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Reneblade and I had amazing fun matches last night

His Fox vs my Mewtwo. He won about 10 in a row but finally, palms sweaty, mind racing I was able to pull off a win =D

PEEF!

Smash Hero
couldnt you use mewtwo sexylong wavedash right after the dthrow?
That might make it, but since I play ICs I fail at his sexylong wavedashes because of mewtwos slow jump speed. I can't WD correctly with characters that have jump speeds slower than 4 frames .

g-regulate

Smash Hero
bowser WDing isnt terribly difficult, but i cant expect everyone to have it down-pat, considering the timing is way different compared to other characters, and virtually no one plays bowser ever

PEEF!

Smash Hero
With M2 WDing is hard. Does anyone know her jump speed? Whatever it is it makes me mess up at least 1/3 of the time.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
a falcon losing to fox? typical.

edit

when you clink sheik jab's it makes the same sound as 2 swords clinking.

BROKEN

BROKEN

BROKEN

what about the commentary? pokefloats?

Top Bottom