• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

g-regulate

Smash Hero
so ive been working on mastering this tech that may well be very useful. it's not really a tech, but it seems difficult and not used often. its like a waveland onto flat ground, except you go directly horizontal, and there's still airdodge invincibility frames to take advantage of, without falling lag. You land as if you were wavelanding. What I think happens is you just airdodge horizontally really really close overtop the ground/platform/ledge, and with perfect spacing it is done correctly. I spotted myself doing it in a match recorded on dazzle a month or so ago.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7zrGJ50WIQ
3:18 onward is an example of the seemingly lagless horizontal airdodge

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
so ive been working on mastering this tech that may well be very useful. it's not really a tech, but it seems difficult and not used often. its like a waveland onto flat ground, except you go directly horizontal, and there's still airdodge invincibility frames to take advantage of, without falling lag. You land as if you were wavelanding. What I think happens is you just airdodge horizontally really really close overtop the ground/platform/ledge, and with perfect spacing it is done correctly. I spotted myself doing it in a match recorded on dazzle a month or so ago.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7zrGJ50WIQ
3:18 onward is an example of the seemingly lagless horizontal airdodge
If you can dodge a non-aerial, non-shine, non-sheik-d-smash move by doing that, you recover.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
thats good once in a while but thats not good to do everytime

its more of a fakeout then anything

once you airdodge and land and your in your shield you should roll a few times to get out of the corner

if you stay in shield your going to get violado

D

Deleted member

i do that a lot purely on accident

its **** when it happens and people think u did it on purpose but its simply because I slightly messed up a waveland and get a way better result

buffer jump is also **** as a mix up

g-regulate

Smash Hero
the key is the lagless recovery. Anyone who sees the airdodge will immediately try to punish (usually), but you can shield immediately after invincibility frames, or dash or roll to avoid punishment. im not saying its amazing every time, it's just another option for falcons recovery, and varying options are all falcon has to recover, since all of them are ***** by spacies/sheik.

McLevelin

Smash Rookie
I'm new to falcon, and am having some trouble with my edge-game. Edge-gaurding, combos from the edge, etc. I'm just too predictable, and because of it, I get severely punished. Any ideas? I neeeeeeeed to get better with him....

I'm trying to become less predictable in general, so can you give me some ways to switch it up, maybe some mindgames and junk like that.

Thanks in advance Scar, You're the best!

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
scar sux, ask big d or hax.

i dont even know what to say. like edgeguard with uptilt...that works sometimes, otherwise grab the edge make them come back on the stage.

or just let them recover, but dont let them back in the middle of the stage.

Zephyr

Smash Lord
Generally the best thing to do against anyone but Marth is to grab the ledge and punish their landing lag on stage. It's much easier and less dangerous than going offstage and trying to kill them before they get to the stage itself.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
I like to bair/reverse uair when someone is trying to recover high, but what has already been mentioned is very good as well.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
the problem with falcon is

his recovery.

if he could use his car like wario uses his bike he would be ****.

Class of 2010

anyone wanna see my ring? its sick

and it says jona on it haha

i should have but PC Jona lmao

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
Do people ***** at you guys when you don't approach? The guys I play with are starting to say that I play gay, wtf they use fox and marth and **** and I just don't run up to them kneeing their shield like a ****** and apparently that's "gay".

D

Deleted member

stomp at 60~

reverse weak knee

dash attack

(they miss tech)

pivot turn around low f-tilt to up-air --> knee

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
ok s2j but if i had to guess, the weak knee, the dash attack, and the pivot angled down ftilt were all accidents

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
the problem with falcon is

his recovery.

if he could use his car like wario uses his bike he would be ****.

Class of 2010

anyone wanna see my ring? its sick

and it says jona on it haha

i should have but PC Jona lmao
class of 2010?! oh god no wooooooooooooonder

Mokumo

Smash Ace
this happens with a lot of moves but

sometimes when i stomp people when they are at a high % and it should send them flying or even kill them, my opponent does some weird DI and they don't get sent up as high.

makes for an easy knee but... what is reason for this?

mers

Smash Ace

sometimes when i stomp people when they are at a high % and it should send them flying or even kill them, my opponent does some weird DI and they don't get sent up as high.

This happens to me a lot too. I always assumed it was CC or something, or possibly hitting with a different hitbox of the stomp (nipple spike vs meteor foot), but those explanations don't seem to work fully. Shouldn't CC only cause them to stay on the ground at very low percentages, but once they're high enough to leave the ground it should be the same?

Idk.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master

this could be crouch canceling (REAL crouch canceling and not just asding down. this does not work if theyre in lag)

Animal

Smash Lord
yo milhouse, i dont even post on fox boards, im just smart enough to know htat falcon blows.

Top Bottom