• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

ZoSo

Smash Champion
are u trying to reverse my reverse pyschology????
Reverse reverse psychology = .... forward psychology? I'm confused.

i heard ur the best in banana bread so thats kinda cool

idk i think were gonna have close games

i have close games with everyone
I think I'm just going to have fun and ****talk a lot no matter what happens. =D

The truth comes out. We're going to **** you guys so hard in a crew battle MM at the next No Johns. I can't wait.

Yeah, Dave is def a beast. I thought he mained Fox and Marth mostly?
Is that crew battle ever going to happen? I'd like to see it.

I really just play whoever.

Last time I played... I think it was against Yedi before Mass Madness 20 and I played mostly Peach. Trying to prepare him for Irish Mafia. :laugh:

pockyD

Smash Legend
i don't know who either of the players are but if you guys want to band together and give me 10:1 odds i'll bet on the other guy

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
so because you have a video of you ****ing around = sandbagging? i'm sorry but do you know what the word even means?

sounds like johns to me baddy

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
yeah lolol cause to me your version of sandbagging = not having enough control with falcon to do cool stuff that impresses people but instead end up SD'ing

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
so because you have a video of you ****ing around = sandbagging? i'm sorry but do you know what the word even means?

sandbagging is not trying nub

thats exactly what we were doing

some one needs to work on there falcon movement
my movement is better then urs *****

yeah lolol cause to me your version of sandbagging = not having enough control with falcon to do cool stuff that impresses people but instead end up SD'ing
my first tournament ever

i played friendlies with someone called just sexed

i sand bagged hard and he was "****** me"

i just wanted to see what he was like

then in tourney he was the first person i had to play

guess who won

yall niqqas have nooo idea what ur talking about since youve never played me

ZoSo

Smash Champion
LOOOL at any of you who claim to sandbag

what a joke

Wow, you're ****in' stupid.

dave and i were wrecking up on euros in teams at pound 4, i think it was zghetto and adam and someone else. that may have been the best i was playing all weekend (except when i was thrashing ka-master in friendlies)
And yes, those friendlies were too good.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
The good Falcons are really good at this game.

The bad ones just sandbag because they like to feel themselves and do stupid stuff in combo vids.

Not that it really matters. Stupid stuff is funny and gets views.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
or u can do both?

friendlies are friendlies

tourney is tourney

sandbagging in tourney is a tottally different thing

if you cant play friendlies while just messing around

then u need to re adjust your attitude

playing to win in a friendly is stupid

if you are asked to play seriously its different

if your asked to a mm its different

come on now

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I suppose that's true.

I always felt friendlies were a good time to work on really important skills that you absolutely 100% need to be good at, especially if you're not great with them. Like reaction based stuff. Since it's basically established at this point that you need to be able to hit tech chased regrabs on Fox/Falco to beat them with Falcon/Sheik/Marth/characters and the vast majority of people that play those characters can't do that **** to save their life. But then again I'm generally a boring person to play with so what do I know?

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
when i wanna learn something then yea ofcourse im gonna practice it

but idk

friendlies are imo supposed to be fun, a time to joke around and hang out

aka sand bag

because your arent putting all ur concentration or effort into it

i like having fun > having to play to win

but then wen ur playing someone thats talking trash

you step it up and whoop em lol

idk

sand bagging isnt supposed to be a bad thing

its like tactical in alot of ways

its good for tourneys

Pr0jecT

Smash Ace
Falcon dittos with friends = LOL COMBOS DURR

non falcon dittos = lets see how i can work out this issue and correct my gameplay. Sometimes its just fun to **** around and try and do the most stupid redic **** possible homie.

pockyD

Smash Legend
nah

people who announce that they sandbag rarely have much more to offer

the good players who sandbag don't bother to tell everyone about it because they have nothing to prove

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
when i wanna learn something then yea ofcourse im gonna practice it

but idk

friendlies are imo supposed to be fun, a time to joke around and hang out

aka sand bag

because your arent putting all ur concentration or effort into it

i like having fun > having to play to win

but then wen ur playing someone thats talking trash

you step it up and whoop em lol

idk

sand bagging isnt supposed to be a bad thing

its like tactical in alot of ways

its good for tourneys
I disagree with this, namely because I like winning.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I always felt friendlies were a good time to work on really important skills that you absolutely 100% need to be good at
This is why i chaingrab in friendlies. Actually I ask if it is okay if I CG in friendlies every time. If they say no then...they know that I am seriously handicapped, and I just try to do crazy stuff. If they say yes then I get to perfect my pressure CGs.

peef is my boy. but he hasnt beaten anyone yet.

$1 billion on jona.
I beat illboyzeus, who I think would beat Jona, and I handed it to Smeesh, who I think is as good of a Falcon as Jona.

I go even with alot of good players, and I've never had real trouble with a Falcon. Besides Darkrain =[[[ I really did fine against RockCrawk's Falcon. His ganon 3 and 4 stocked me tho wtf that was sad.

I don't think I'll **** but I really think it will be a good match between PC Jona and I.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
I beat illboyzeus, who I think would beat Jona, and I handed it to Smeesh, who I think is as good of a Falcon as Jona.

I go even with alot of good players, and I've never had real trouble with a Falcon. Besides Darkrain =[[[ I really did fine against RockCrawk's Falcon. His ganon 3 and 4 stocked me tho wtf that was sad.

I don't think I'll **** but I really think it will be a good match between PC Jona and I.
idk who illboy zeus is

but smeesh? i love his falcon...i havent seen any videos of him lately

i thought he was like a top falcon in the mw?

also i taught darkrain falcon so ur screwed

lol nah

but idk

im just gonna try not to get grabbed lol

also @KK

youve never ever played for fun? your gonna have to play me

i swear i get the best out of everyone

i laugh so much during friendlies

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I play for fun when the mood takes me, but most of the time I am bothered with my numerous imperfections and want to rectify them. I have the most fun when it's challenging and I feel somewhat tested, or when I know I have things to consider when playing and some important decisions sometimes that can affect the match outcome (except vs Unknown lol, the man hurts my soul).

Otherwise it's just running through tech skill drills so I can have fun vs better people later.

Being stupid against bad people and getting away with it got old a while ago.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
idk

seems like a bad attitude to me

no one can be perfect at this game

everyone screws up

even the robot m2k lol

if your trying to get warmed up for tourney then yea thats diff

or if your getting in practice for a MM then yea thats diff too

but like

to play every single time caring about your mistakes and stuff

i would go nuts

but i guess its up to the person?

idk i like to laugh

playing like a ****** makes me laugh lol

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I get that the chaos of just doing random stuff and watching it sporadically work is entertaining. And I used to do the same. But at some point I realized that my basics sucked. So here I am.

Caring about mistakes makes it more fun for me. It means I still care about the game and how I do in it. As long as it doesn't reach a boiling point where I get upset (which can be dealt with in a whole bunch of ways and prevented), it's all good.

otg

Smash Master
Peef is gay.

Jona the thing you gotta realize is that someone like Kirbykaze actually has the potential to make $$ off of this game unlike you. If/when you have that opportunity, you will/would approach friendlies from a different perspective.

For me personally, I like to have a mix of both, like tfs in particular REALLY ****s around a lot, but if its just me, wes and niko? We're going to put in that work. Plus the fact that I can't play this game sober without going insane tends to lead to a lot of ******** **** happening, mostly involving the extender.

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
lol i like how this thread talks about how to improve ur falcon game...and not random side topics like pc jona sand bagging.....if its even possible for him to suck even more....might as well just put down the controller....it'll give the same outcome

Niko45

Smash Master
lol i like how this thread talks about how to improve ur falcon game...and not random side topics like pc jona sand bagging.....if its even possible for him to suck even more....might as well just put down the controller....it'll give the same outcome
umad? PC Jona posts just making ur blood boil?

Top Bottom