• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

DuckPimp

Smash Ace
nair so nice.

it work bery good.

Honestly, learning to space nairs is very important, cuz they go through a lot, can start combos, and allow you to get a feel on your opponent

falcon has projectiles, and they are his feet and knees

kpm91

Smash Cadet
I guess if your teammate is recovering, you can always grab them and throw them back on the level like SS does. Other than that, I can't really think of any other "safe" moves to do that wouldn't cause considerable damage (depending on their %).

DuckPimp

Smash Ace
i cant really think of any falcon moves that would not kill one of you.

generally, if theyre off the stage and cant recover, theyre at a high damage. You can try sourspotting bair or knee, but its risky
and if you try to angle an uair to knock them onto the stage, chances are youll die, from either edgeguarding or simply distance.

you could always mercykill them with the knee

edit: ^roneblaster yeah, those could work. im just not good enough to do them and make it worthwhile haha

Tomacawk

Smash Master
down tilt works really well for saves. it not only puts a hitbox on the ledge (which presumably has an enemy holding it) but it also poops (not a typo) your teammate up and has good range off the ledge
if you're really desperate you can up b them towards the stage but then you probably get ledge guarded
if they're good you can stomp them and they can meteor cancel or you can drop zone bair and give them a chance to tech
also nair

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
in friendlies ill use reverse strong knee to save my teammate.

if theyre close to making it back, but wont. tomacox is right, dtilit is probably the way to go.

rapid jabs are good but leaves you even more open to get ****ed.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Awesome, double post.

How do you guys all do pivot fsmashes? I'm seeing too much success with them from SS so I'm gonna try and incorporate them in my game. Right now I'm doing them by using the C-stick, but is anyone else finding more success with using A instead?

Tomacawk

Smash Master
I find the timing to be exactly like running usmashes when using both sticks; it's just a little tighter (no 3-5 frame leeway)

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Awesome, double post.

How do you guys all do pivot fsmashes? I'm seeing too much success with them from SS so I'm gonna try and incorporate them in my game. Right now I'm doing them by using the C-stick, but is anyone else finding more success with using A instead?
lol opps mybad. I only read the last part on my last post. I do it with the A button.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Yeah, I just started doing it with A now because that way I can charge the Smash if necessary because I always grab instead of Smash if I try and use C-stick + Z. Only thing that sucks is that I'll occasionally dash attack instead which is no good >_<

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
up b them to save your opponent

it sends them away, but they get their jump back, theyll probably make it

PLUR, that **** can work but its so **** hard that you probably wont be able to do it in the small window necessary to actually punish the lag of something

LordAizen

Smash Journeyman
I have a quick question sometimes when I wavedash backwards I'll also change the direction I'm facing. Like if I'm facing right and I wavedash to the left backwards then sometimes I'll end up facing left after I'm done wavedashing. is that bad?

DuckPimp

Smash Ace
its situational, it depends on what youre going for. its because you hold the control stick a little longer than you should if you want to stay in the same direction. it can be good, if you want to turn around and grab or something like that

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
btw etwist, i L O V E love the name blastroner, it makes me giggle everytime i say it or think it, but Roneblaster is deeply embeded into the hearts and minds of the 10's of 10's Reneblade fans now.

LordAizen

Smash Journeyman
Dynamo? Too plain, add some spark. :D

dynamotastic.
LOL

And @ Blastroner, you know the name is amazing.

~Cellphone post
lol. I was basing it off of a character named Dynamo from Megaman X that I really like plus it's original, I've never seen a pro named Dynamo.

Also I'm getting the hang of L Cancelling but I have one problem. I'm holding the R for too long because the Shield keeps popping up. How do I get rid of this habit?

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
combos videos are there to inspire and awe, not to be used as teaching or learning material

combo videos made me wanna play falcon too, but i soon figured out that they dont happen easily, and that i really need to get the fundamentals down before i even tried them

yeah, i agree, practice l canceling with characters who make it really obvious, like link with his dair, and ganon and bowser (with all of their moves)
DuckPimp really is the best name ever

Top Bottom