• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

DrewB008

Smash Lord
grabbing those characters at low % you cant do anything

after like 30 uthrow uair

before that, you gotta read em

rehab against spacies you gotta hit with falcons feet, or not even try to really beat it is the best idea probably

in dittos honestly its impossible to reliably outnair another falcon, sometimes you get lucky sometimes you dont, youre better off trying to just punish the nairs with a grab or something

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
d >_>b... So... Lately i've been playing lots with Falcon... So far I've been able to pull off consistently some combos here and there...

The thing is... I can't find good combo setups from grabs angaints; Marth and Sheik since those characters react too fast or dunno something...

Any good setup against those characters?
Downthrow against marth and if he DIs away regrab if he doesn't DI nair...Sheik good luck with that. LOL You can either downthrow and set up for techchase or upthrow and hope you know their reaction out of it.

Edit: This is all for low percents at higher percents like Drew says upthrow combos.

DrewB008

Smash Lord
nah they can nair and hit you or jump out

you cant nair marth if he DI's away at low %, and im pretty sure you cant regrab either. generally you can tech chase but they dont actually have to tech either

if you can do those things, im impressed cause i cant do it

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion

you cant nair marth if he DI's away at low %, and im pretty sure you cant regrab either. generally you can tech chase but they dont actually have to tech either

at 0%? im sure they cant do anything out of a up throw except di

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
falco

falco dittos are sexy if you get in the first hit, and i havent gone falco vs a sheik yet so idk...

but dont do the fox/marth thing like everyone else for the love of GOD

demodemo

Smash Ace
lol really i'd honestly prefer anybody but falco (spacies in general) since my technical skill is pretty limited (jump cancelled shines are too hard right now)

but i guess that doesn't leave much of a choice left. I guess i'll work on those shine combos

Ryan-K

Smash Master
you can learn the fox v falco matchup, if you do it wrong you will get ***** but it's not too difficult to get down and **** in either

or you can try marth but sheik will still beat you unless you get **** at that matchup.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
lol really i'd honestly prefer anybody but falco (spacies in general) since my technical skill is pretty limited (jump cancelled shines are too hard right now)

but i guess that doesn't leave much of a choice left. I guess i'll work on those shine combos
this whole thing is a huge john

"limited tech skill"

non sense

practice, everyone had to do it.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
you can learn the fox v falco matchup, if you do it wrong you will get ***** but it's not too difficult to get down and **** in either

or you can try marth but sheik will still beat you unless you get **** at that matchup.
I think fighting Falco is one of the most difficult match ups to learn... :(.

Because he makes you feel like you should be shielding all the time. And falco ***** that D=.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
yah...or just switch to sheik and play smart :D

fighting falco sucks for everyone involved.

I.B

Smash Lord
^ Truth. When in doubt, just switch to Sheik, noob. :laugh:

Could you up-air him instead?

I.B

Smash Lord
I guess up-throwing, waiting for their aerial (most likely fair), then punishing would be one of the better options.

DrewB008

Smash Lord
dhtrow is good at low % cause unless they DI away its really easy to get them, and if they do DI away most of the time theyll tech and you can tech chase them

dont tell anybody, but they actually have to tech, they cannot forward b or jump or something

but if you think theyre gonna fair after the uthrow thats a pretty safe bet too

last edited by scar for secrecy

Scar

#HarveyDent
yeah thats like first post in the greatest falcon thread ever

uthrow vs marth does nothing below 30% besides you getting faired, unless you wait for it but still nothing is guaranteed, marth can DJ away or wiggle out or whatever he wants really

dthrow combos into nair vs survival DI but we all knew that anyways

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Okay, I'm going to ask a couple of questions, hopefully no one has asked them yet!!!

First off, I'm in need of some Fox & Falco matchup help. One of my friends I play has a pretty sick, techy Fox and the same can be said for his Falco(even though he says it sucks, who cares, it beats me still). Anyways, I'm mostly getting ***** in my shield with like...no choice to do...His Fox just shine, shffl bair, shine, wavedash behind me, shine, sex kick/bair/whatever or some kind of variation of that, and all I can think to do is shieldgrab, and sometimes that doesn't even hit =(. So basically, how do I deal with these two's shield pressure game? Any other tips that might aid me in the Fox & Falco matchup as well? Only thing I know is to try my best at tech chase :p.

Onto the second thing...rather basic but I'm hearing two different stories on this. Now, when I'm ledge attacking, I usually press back and then jump and DI towards the stage and use an aerial, but one of my friends says I should press down instead of away, while the other agrees with what I'm currently doing. Can anyone shed some light on this issue please?

Thanks in advance =D!!!

DrewB008

Smash Lord
gooey banana do w/e you want for ledgehop, it doesnt really matter

you can stomp out of shield as long as he shines after every aerial, do it asap after the aerial and youll be higher than the shine. when that stops working, wd out of shield and stuff

ryzol i dunno i suck at shieldgrabbing, if they hit above your head though go for it is all i can say

I.B

Smash Lord
^ the stomp oos doesn't sound like it would work if they aim lower on your shield.
correct me if i'm wrong though.

NIXN

Smash Apprentice
Wat can i do against a marth? I play me friend and he just freaken reads me since we have been playing so long, and so i want to know if there is a best method to use against marth. Ideal combos.

Hax

Smash Champion
big d is amazing.. now i'm tight with both the makers of my thread :)

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Dear Scar,

I met you at Mass Madness whatever it was. I talked to you and Wife for a bit while we were grabbing food. You and Wife encouraged me to try Melee despite how daunting it was. I entered a super tiny Melee tourney Saturday, and did not come in last place. I owe it to you.

It's nice to stop playing brawl and combo people and be able to follow up Rapter Boost with stuff rather than... y'know, nothing. Thank you.

From,

That guy whose girlfriend wants to sleep with you cause IKM2 was so **** great.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well if Mango can do the Falcon/Fox very well.. then i don't know.

Does Fox really **** Falcon? =P I'm doubting the matchup a bit more now.

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
I think Fox has an advantage given Falcon's low traction and fast-falling. The matchup isn't ****, though.

Top Bottom