• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Jeapie

Smash Journeyman
hey jeapie, you ever gonna come to america?
Im probly coming in May.
Not for smash but to check out the great city NY ^^.
I guess i could play some matches with you Americans as well if there is a tourney when Im there :bee:
Only NY is pretty big so yeah lol..
I`ll play some melee if someone promise me to show me around NY ? =o

btw Orion is living here now in Groningen. ( The Netherlands ) I dont know if you guys know him but he is a really good American brawl player who is learning to get better at melee ^^
Hes good friends with Hax he told me =)

g-regulate

Smash Hero
that's what I was talking about...it is simple in theory but pretty difficult in match

LOL
you think so? i do it often. same thing works on peach.

CG them once or twice, and they will almost always pick another DI, then you **** them.

then when they get sick of your CGing, they will never DI that way, making the start of the combo even easier

Reaver197

Smash Lord
I live near, went to school, and currently work in the city. I've picked up a thing or two about the place.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Jeapie, go play Hax$, if you aint scared to go to da boogeydown bronx *****.

edit: Jeapie, a ****in dropzone with a uthrow? The Jeapie Special?

Jeapie

Smash Journeyman
I live near, went to school, and currently work in the city. I've picked up a thing or two about the place.
alright. If you have time in May when i am @ NY , showing me the city will be awesome.

lol as a tourist i will probly get robbed in da bronx yo D=
But im definently planning to play Hax if I get the chance ^^
After all, he did beat Amsah in pools and should have beaten Armada.
He is too good = )
any tournament planned in May in NY or monthlies? =o

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Not sure if anything that far ahead has been planned yet, but I'm sure something will come up for then.

I'll definitely be around in May, and would love to show you around New York, especially Manhattan island.

Niko45

Smash Master
Interesting, I've always felt like CF could dthrow chain grab Marth but I always figured I was just doing something wrong because I assumed it would have been mentioned/exploited by now in a 9 year old game. I guess it's legit.

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
at what %'s tho? i can't help but worry they are gonna break out and im gonna pull a reneblade and dropzone a shyguy instead and die XD

Pr0jecT

Smash Ace
jeapie has one of those falcons where you're like

"cool movement bro"

and then combos the **** outa them while moonwalking everywhere

wtf

DuckPimp

Smash Ace
at what %'s tho? i can't help but worry they are gonna break out and im gonna pull a reneblade and dropzone a shyguy instead and die XD
lol at "pulling a reneblade"

its great because everyone has done it, but only roneblaster has documented it and received publicity for it

best dropzone ever

anyways, percents and characters would be great for uthrow dropzone. its like a slap in the face

except a knee

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
nice picture!

i think upthrow dropzone works alot. because think about how pretty much everytime you upthrow someone, and they arent @ a ridiciulously high percent. they hit the ground! so you with the proper DI from the opponent it seems like upthrow dropzone would work ALOT.

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
^trufax^

maybe i'll experiment with it some in friendlies at my next tourney <_<

dmacs showing up :] i gotta play his fox/gannon some lol

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
ok so instead of going to bed @ my bedtime tonight, i decided to learn how to moonwalk.

yeah i didnt know how to moonwalk. i can do it pretty decently now after a little bit of practice. i can get some pretty good jump distances right now, but if i dont jump i dont go very far at all.

if i record my hand movements while practicing moonwalking, and upload it to youtube, will you guys tell me what i'm doing wrong/should be doing?

edit

i'd do it right now but i'm not wearing any pants.

and i'm lazy.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
ok so instead of going to bed @ my bedtime tonight, i decided to learn how to moonwalk.

yeah i didnt know how to moonwalk. i can do it pretty decently now after a little bit of practice. i can get some pretty good jump distances right now, but if i dont jump i dont go very far at all.

if i record my hand movements while practicing moonwalking, and upload it to youtube, will you guys tell me what i'm doing wrong/should be doing?

edit

i'd do it right now but i'm not wearing any pants.

and i'm lazy.
all the more reason to do it now.
showing us your hand movements probably won't produce any useful critique. come over to my apartment and I'll teach you the ways. I know the common errors people make and how to identify which error you're committing

D

Deleted member

easy cheap way is to hold the control stick in one direction all the way so you are walking

then moonwalk in that same direction

you want to not do a 180 all the way around

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
i pretty much got it down after i posted that.

great success!

i have a harder time moonwalking facing to the right, than i do moonwalking to the right. but i'm sure i can just practice that out.

theres 8 ppl lurkin the falcon boards right now. one of ya'll better post something, i'm bored.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
fun way to practice Moonwalking and know that you're doing it right. Go to FD, grab a ledge > Waveland on > double moonwalk > SH any airal > edge cancel > grab ledge.

Just repeat it over and over and you'll learn to moonwalk in both directions.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
im still working on multi-moonwalks.

do you just input the moonwalk motion multiple times or do you have to do something inbetween?

JPOBS

Smash Hero
yea s2j has wierd recovery tactics. Like, at one point in the set vs shroomed, he was recovering high and shroomed jumped out to hit him, but got YES'd.

so instead of just falling to the ledge after blasting shroomed away with his bearhug of justice, he immediately B-up'd again, which gave shroomed time to get back and edgeguard him properly for the kill.

lulz

JPOBS

Smash Hero
^ someone help this nukka out. He reminds me of a version of hax that doesnt camp, just gets off.

i wud but i dont play falcon lol

Top Bottom