• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
HELL NO DA DOESNT BREAK CC. Thats mainly why the move sucks imo. I use it because of the weird angle it sends you in if you hit it on the bottom of the hitbox.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
I don't see how eating meat makes somebody manly
There is a strong positive correlation between amount of time spent playing falcon and manliness, though

linkoninja

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys I know you can Gentleman by pressing L/Z/R on the 3rd hit
but my question is what are the exact button inputs?
Do you press L/Z/R before the 3rd hit, after, at the same time? What's the deal
and in your opinions what is the easiest method to Gentleman?

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I had gentlemaning down at some point and then I lost it -_-
Magus says A + A + A and hold is the best way to do it no matter what
I can only get a decent run out of my gentleman doing A + A + (A+Z), but I'm trying to do the hold method because it's apparently just strictly better than doing it any other way haha

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
if you do it fast enough you can do A+A+A hold without hitting anything
the extra hitlag from hitting someone during the first two jabs though usually makes it far easier. just make sure you hold A until you perform your next action, be it a dash or jump or whatever.
the issue with a+a+(a+z) is that you have to pause a bunch and what's the point if they're just gonna shield partway through.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
A+A+(A+Z) doesn't require pausing, I had it down pretty well before I stopped playing Falcon for it bit
Just gonna have to practice in my room some more until I'm S2J

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
Eating nandos after gym is a manly thing to do because large servings of chicken is an excellent source of protein, which is important for muscle development after a workout.

Just throwin that out there.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
There are other sources of protein besides chicken. Soybeans are actually a more efficient source of protein than all meat; they have all essential amino acids without meat's fat, cholesterol, and medication/antibiotics/growth hormones.
Additionally,
"...oy products such as tofu, soy butter, soy nuts, or some soy burgers should be beneficial to cardiovascular and overall health because of their high content of polyunsaturated fats, fiber, vitamins, and minerals and low content of saturated fat. Using these and other soy foods to replace foods high in animal protein that contain saturated fat and cholesterol may confer benefits to cardiovascular health." -- Sacks et al. 113 (7): 1034—Circulation Article

tl;dr people who think meat is necessary for normal or high protein diets are mistaken

I could go on with an extensive list of vegan/vegetarian athletes/olypmians, but I don't think it's necessary. Let's try to stay on topic :p
with that being said I will debate anybody who is open minded in private.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
No doubt you're right, but nandos uses free range 100% chicken, no fatty cuts etc. Besides all that it tastes ****ing good. Lol.

Not knocking vego foods i love tofu, p
but nandos makes some GOOD meals.

Bamesy

Smash Ace
...making interesting maneuvers in the Okanagan...
Tomacawk knows what's up. I would debate it too, but Tomy got this.

Meat was a rarity at one point, and it was never meant to be eaten at every meal. It's literally not even good for eat when you go into detail from every side of the idea behind eating meat. That's another story though...

Jab-Jab-Zab is good, Falcon is good for manliness, but I'm very unmanly still. :/

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
There are other sources of protein besides chicken. Soybeans are actually a more efficient source of protein than all meat; they have all essential amino acids without meat's fat, cholesterol, and medication/antibiotics/growth hormones.
Additionally,
"...oy products such as tofu, soy butter, soy nuts, or some soy burgers should be beneficial to cardiovascular and overall health because of their high content of polyunsaturated fats, fiber, vitamins, and minerals and low content of saturated fat. Using these and other soy foods to replace foods high in animal protein that contain saturated fat and cholesterol may confer benefits to cardiovascular health." -- Sacks et al. 113 (7): 1034—Circulation Article

tl;dr people who think meat is necessary for normal or high protein diets are mistaken

I could go on with an extensive list of vegan/vegetarian athletes/olypmians, but I don't think it's necessary. Let's try to stay on topic :p
with that being said I will debate anybody who is open minded in private.

there are different types of protein though

edit: and there are athletes/scientists etc on both sides wrt soy proteins vs animal proteins. not suggesting you don't know this just putting it out there for out there for others

linkoninja

Smash Journeyman
As Falcon what do you guys do when your under pressure?
I've been rolling which I know is a bad habit, but I can't think of anything else to do most of the time.
So what are some tips to deal with pressure? ESPECIALLY against Fox/Falco
I always just get pressured hard by them >.<

Top Bottom