• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
yeah thats true

meta, lo que scar dijo es correcto, y tu ingles es bueno, lo siento que scar no puede entenderte
Wouldn't it be "su ingles" instead of "tu ingles"

And scar you don't need to say "yo" in "yo entiendo" the conjugation of the verb already implies you are doing that action. Well at least I am pretty sure. Grammar nazi for Spanish which is a language I can't even speak even semi well. Aww yeah.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Yo se que Scar solomente es usando un dicionario para hablar espanol aqui.

Grande D, puedes hablar espanol o solomente estas usando un dicionario tambien?

Sorry if my ****'s rusty, I don't actively speak spanish anymore. Also, the tu isn't inherently wrong, but you would sound like a gringo using it.

DrewB008

Smash Lord
completé mi menor en espanol el semestre pasado, no puedo hablarlo perfectamente, pero no necesito un diccionario

i was gonna do the fancy n in espanol, but when i do the alt code it makes firefox go back a page

me and meta are way too tight for me to be using su instead of tu

and yo isnt necessary before a conjugated verb but in that context it was pretty appropriate for emphasis' sake

chule xibanyawen yiwai, wo hai shuo yi dian zhongwen, nimen dong bu dong?

Scar

#HarveyDent
lol i don't even know when to use su, but i didn't use the dictionary and anyways how are you doing on triple nairs

DrewB008

Smash Lord
i did have numlock off, but im on a laptop so the 4 is just the u key, i guess it still knows its a back arrow though

it let me do the é without numlock, so that didnt even occur to me

for the second nair you wanna kinda stop running before you jump, thats what works for me

DrewB008

Smash Lord
actually now that i think about it, its different for different characters

ganon and bowser you can jump while dashing and DI back, but marth and peach you need to kind of fun forward then stop yourself so you jump more in place, and hit them with your feet, not your legs, otherwise they can easily get above the second hit

basically look at where they are in relation to your nair, and adjust accordingly so that youll be in the right spot, you can figure it out with practice

tubes

Smash Ace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5AkW5gD-CE

this vid makes me wanna main Falcon.

My question is, why have I never seen you do up angled ftilt **** combos like that, Scar and BigD?
Imma go out on a limb and say whoever did that had a little help from action replay. **** that was cool though.

Also about multi-nairs: Is it really some set pattern of DI you use for each nair or is multi-nairing more about adjusting and controlling your nair so you hit with the tip. Going off what I've learned about this game so far, I doubt this is something you can just practice in training mode until you can do it blindfolded.

metashinryu

Smash Ace
i got tired of trying triple nair i think its just not my style T_T now im intrested in moonwalking:

i saw the youtube vid tutorial and the guy makes falcon jump like a flea backwards with moonwalk and i dont get how to do it ?_? and i can only make falcon go back a wavedash distance too -_-

tubes

Smash Ace
i got tired of trying triple nair i think its just not my style T_T now im intrested in moonwalking:

i saw the youtube vid tutorial and the guy makes falcon jump like a flea backwards with moonwalk and i dont get how to do it ?_? and i can only make falcon go back a wavedash distance too -_-
Try doing the multi-nairs on Mewtwo. ITS REALLY ****ING FUN! I got off like 5 or 6 nairs into a knee. Also, too answer your moonwalk question. Try doing it faster.

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
yo i got a question, wats the highest % C falcon can down throw and tech case shiek before she can jump out of it, and wats the lowest % that C falcon can up throw shiek and connect with an uair afterwards

DrewB008

Smash Lord
i start uthrowing after 30, i have no idea what the real % is

technically she can jump out of a dthrow at 0 if she DI's in, but then you can nair or regrab or something. i dunno what the % is if she DI's away, but a lot of players will wait and tech for a while past the lowest % they can jump out, just a habit they have i guess

metashinryu

Smash Ace
hey man i have found a way of doing perfect gentlemans! just need to do the first punch and wait a little bit then press a twice: no matter how fast you press it as long they are 2 times will do it XD

btw which is the exact percent to tapion punch a falco?

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
at :53 when you got bair'd and used your jump into nair, dont do that, i do it to..i do it cuz it seems no one does it..but it doesnt work..if your not sure its gonna hit you shouldnt nair in the air like that..

you did it again at 2:44 and got lucky, he just randomly threw out that fsmash, if he would have timed it right you would have gotten raapppedd.

basically what happened was you were pretending to be ss for a little but then you forgot how to do it lol

but seriously you stopped doing what worked..like tech chasing..thats really all i saw, you got kinda sloppy with your dairs towards the end to..

Top Bottom