• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Walt

Smash Ace
How do people not know how to fight ICs? Midwest has Trail and Peef, WC has Fly, Azn Lep, Choknater and Boback, South has UberIce and Wobbles, MD/VA has Chu and Me, Tristate has Nintendude, New England has Kyu Puff.

And ICs are still a novelty? Really now?

(I guess in your defense, Canada doesn't have any ICs)
For the record boback hasn't gone to play smash with anyone in like 2 months, sucks. Dude lives like 4-5 miles from Zelgadis's house where we usually play and never drives up he just plays WoW instead.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
omg, i hate my life.

on stadium, marth f-smashed me into the fire transformation tree. I wallteched -> double jump -> stomp -> nair - WoF.....

didnt record it. am now hooking up my recording setup cause i got a sacred combo earlier that didnt get recorded either.

D

Deleted member

How do people not know how to fight ICs? Midwest has Trail and Peef, WC has Fly, Azn Lep, Choknater and Boback, South has UberIce and Wobbles, MD/VA has Chu and Me, Tristate has Nintendude, New England has Kyu Puff.

And ICs are still a novelty? Really now?

(I guess in your defense, Canada doesn't have any ICs)
Fly has a fairly different strat than most Icies, he is probably the most defensive so when I fight an IC who isnt' as defensive like Chu, i get worked

Azn Lep is pretty much semi retired but he hosts tourneys for the sake of the community. Class act and i think he ***** me last time i played him in tourney

Either way its hard to get a hold of Icies to practice it and Socal players have pretty much stopped playing friendlies anyways

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
To elaborate on what s2j said, I think a lot of regions are only accustomed to their own good ICs players. Every time I watch a Socal player go up against a good ICs player from another region, they always seem to have a harder time than I feel that they should.

Walt

Smash Ace
As someone that had a 70 belf rogue and an 80 human rogue(and 3 more 80s): pvp is fun but damn WoW is never as fun as smash.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Damn, looks like I have a long Falcon ditto to-do list at SMYM.

1. Play Renechris
2. Play Gooey
3. Play Tempest
4. Play legion
5. Play voorhese

Wait, voorhese doesn't use Falcon.

****ing voorhese

Mokumo

Smash Ace
im studying abroad this semester, and i found the Roman smash scene... there's a tournament here in about a week. I haven't played since mid January (ugh), so i hope i can warm back up real quick and **** some italians with captain falcon :D

linkoninja

Smash Journeyman
MooseEatsBear is my favorite upcoming Falcon player.

What do you guys think about Falcons meta-game as it stands now? I see all of you guys saying that Captain Falcon is a bad character, but I think there is a possibility that maybe he's not being used to his full potential? I could just be talking non-sense since I've only been into Melee for like a year. But just like when we thought that Melee as a whole would die, and the meta-game couldn't evolve like Wife said, "here we are ten years later. And the metagame is still evolving"

Mokumo

Smash Ace
MooseEatsBear is my favorite upcoming Falcon player.

What do you guys think about Falcons meta-game as it stands now? I see all of you guys saying that Captain Falcon is a bad character, but I think there is a possibility that maybe he's not being used to his full potential? I could just be talking non-sense since I've only been into Melee for like a year. But just like when we thought that Melee as a whole would die, and the meta-game couldn't evolve like Wife said, "here we are ten years later. And the metagame is still evolving"
if falcon doesnt get hit and is able to get a hit/grab, comboing perfectly will get you a stock. right? and since falcon is the fastest character in the game (pretty much), he's really good at out camping nearly the entire cast into baiting an approach. the current metagame (i still don't really know what that means) shows us that falcon's approaches are pretty ****, but his combo potential is the balls.

i think if you can play any character to their "full potential" you can own anyone. but then again, what if both players are playing their character to their full potential? i suppose the tier list comes into play at that point.

i would love to still be playing this game 10 years from now. a 31 year old still going to melee tournaments XD who knows though, maybe by then entirely different strategies will be discovered/renewed and maybe certain matchups will play differently.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
To elaborate on what s2j said, I think a lot of regions are only accustomed to their own good ICs players. Every time I watch a Socal player go up against a good ICs player from another region, they always seem to have a harder time than I feel that they should.
Imo learn your matchups, to me it's just punching the **** out of ICs no matter who it is. Falcons should knee those *****es all day. lol.

Scar

#HarveyDent
I lost to TehSpammerer's Pichu like 4 years ago at my first tournament.

THEN I ***** HIS FALCO 2 YEARS LATER

gg kashif

Tristate's hidden bosses definitely include kashif and elkomosutro

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
I lost to TehSpammerer's Pichu like 4 years ago at my first tournament.

THEN I ***** HIS FALCO 2 YEARS LATER

gg kashif

Tristate's hidden bosses definitely include kashif and elkomosutro
plus the lolmaster

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
now that the cats out of the bag regarding armadas young link, i can finally ask for advice in this matchup

he just destroys me with bombs and other projectiles. regardless of how i approach he just throws a bomb in my face and if he doesnt lead to to a nair or somethin he just starts platform camping. when i try to approach him when hes above me with uairs he just throws bombs down at me (sometimes at the platform, so the explosion hits me when i get close)

its makes me feel hella dumb since cf is supposed to be one of the best at not getting ***** by projectiles, but i have no idea what to do lol

also how garaunteed is uthrow knee with di away? i keep missing that ****, the spacing/timing seems to be very different from for example sheik, and since hes small it makes it harder.
ill probably test this myself in training mode tomorrow though and post results (although its hard to tell the exact % in training mode because sometimes with uthrow knee you can space it so you cover jumping, not jumping and so you will trade with any potential aerials)

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Does anyone have a techskill routine they do while waiting for Marth to approach? I always get mad bored and run at him like an idiot -_-

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
mike

hit/dodge boomerangs

avoid bombs at all costs

you can double jump real quick over projectiles and bair or something, if you see an opportunity to run under one take it, ylink cant take big advantage of you not having a double jump so dont worry too much about him hitting you out of it

be more aggressive when he doesnt have a bomb, but at the same time you can keep in mind all of the stuff he cant do while he has one, which is anything but boomerang, up b, and shielding/rolling

uthrow uair is probably a better bet, ylink isnt the toughest to edgeguard so just knock him out there and try your best

Top Bottom