• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

0Room

Smash Lord
3 things

kooksters always tech in
aggressive, stupid technicals want to tech in place to get back up and mess u up
wimpy people tech away
smarter/patients no-tech more often then react accordingly based on what you do
1)
I've seen that before, but i dont remember if it was you who said it.

2)
Back on the topic of playing to learn, JesiahTEG more or less sums up what I was trying to say.
Not being one to let anything slow me down, I spend massive, massive amounts of time in my room practicing and testing different theories I come up with. There are about 2-4 really motivated players in my region at this point, and although they’re all at a very low level of play, they still come to practice with me every week. So, oddly enough, about 80% of my game has come from practicing with what most people would refer to as noobs. This has led me to develop an extremely analytical mindset in order to cope with the lack of competition. I’ve begun to develop an extremely deep understanding of the game.
This is good, but when I went to the tournament after coming back from Boone, where my situation was the same, I saw things that I never would have even thought about in my analyzing of the game. That, and while things might be really good in theory, I had trouble adding things into practice.
So, that's what I'm talking about. No matter how good your understanding, it's almost impossible to really be good without playing people that are better than you.

3)
I felt like you, Wenbobular, when I was playing at the tournament
Pivot nairs all day
It's so good

Walt

Smash Ace
I stopped watching after like 30 seconds of campy double jump dair. When you said flashy I was expecting run at him and like gentlemen to falcon punch or something.

Windrose

Smash Lord
I loled...this is going to be the new gay style that everyone will play as. It's the hungrybox revolution #2.

0Room

Smash Lord
Except 0room, he loves everyone.
Lol I really do.
I think everyone's worth something.

They just need to work on stuff, that's all.
It's what I really like about this game. Given enough time, effort, and experience, anyone can be the best.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Lol I really do.
I think everyone's worth something.

They just need to work on stuff, that's all.
It's what I really like about this game. Given enough time, effort, and experience, anyone can be the best.
Anyone eh? There's only room for 1 guy to be best. =)

Windrose

Smash Lord
^LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

Also, how is that flasher89 picture still up? o_O It's a guy flashing his plastic fake penis >____> It's kinda disturbing... why does a man need to wear a costume of a fake penis....wtf

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
I realize that your metagame has not developed far enough for you to appreciate Flasher89's flashy flashiness. And how could you not see how flashy the ending was with that flashy knee?

Walt

Smash Ace
I realize that your metagame has not developed far enough for you to appreciate Flasher89's flashy flashiness. And how could you not see how flashy the ending was with that flashy knee?
EU sux like a hooker getin payd 2 much
ya got a peach an a sheik the rest of yall just suck butt
'merica skills r a clean lambo, europe is a truck coverd in rust
u can look but u cant touch
whine an go stand in front of a bus
or accept it and quit throwing a fuss
:troll:

Windrose

Smash Lord
Everybody camps in this game. I don't play melee without bringing my tent and marshmallows...But in all seriousness...this game is pretty campy. Patience is good in this game.

Windrose

Smash Lord
Yep...

People are getting better and better at punishing mistakes and can easily lead to a stock. That flasher89 falcon is a window of the future falcon metagame:troll: (or maybe not :troll: @_@)

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
Just realized I lost a set vs a falco recently because of my spacing being off by a few millimetres

gayyyy

Sliq

Smash Master
I will forever remember sliq for losing that crew battle at pound 3.

GOOD ****!
You're mean. :c

is every post in this thread gonna pop up on sliq's namesearch? thats great
Don't give anyone any ideas...

> type sliq's name in your favorite thread
> sliq namesearches, finds your thread, and posts in it
> your favorite thread is now even better

works every time
Not EVERY time, but almost all of the time. The Sonic boards used to be dbags and spam my name. It made name searching a lot harder.

linkoninja

Smash Journeyman
Here's a question. How do you determine whether your moves beats another move? For example I'm like S2J and use N-Air a lot
and I was just wondering how i would know if my N-Air is gonna beat another move (such as Fox's N-Air)

linkoninja

Smash Journeyman
So what exactly is "spaced properly" cause I know peeps have many definitions for good spacing
such as: Hitting with the tip of moves, others/etc

0Room

Smash Lord
Short answer:
Outspacing the other move, so that they won't hit you when you hit them.

Another short answer:
The hitboxes overlapping and stuffs
you don't want that
You want your hitbox to hit their hurtbox but you don't want their hitbox to hit your hurtbox

Long answer:
Magus
Magus420

Top Bottom