• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Milos

Smash Lord
im not AMAZING but i can answer your question.

try landing behind their shield to avoid getting shield grabbed or punished, if they space well and you're forced to land in front of them, you can try and grab first, or gentlemen, which is what you see SS doing after almost every aerial. if you land a stomp on someone's shield, and you're too far to followup but you're close enough that they could wavedash out of shield and grab you, run in and out with a nair but try to hit them with the toes.

if you hit them with a stomp low enough on their shield, it's sometimes good to mix it up and throw out another stomp, especially against say jiggs, who's grab can be avoided with a shorthop.

just keep space and make sure to always stay in motion and out of grab range.

metashinryu

Smash Ace
well im not that good but i will try -_-

i didnt understand very well but if you mean u throwed an attack to their shield you dont know what to do then? if you shffled the attack well then you might just roll to prevent a shieldgrab or jab if you want to keep on pressuring

GOD!

Smash Ace
im not AMAZING but i can answer your question.

try landing behind their shield to avoid getting shield grabbed or punished, if they space well and you're forced to land in front of them, you can try and grab first, or gentlemen, which is what you see SS doing after almost every aerial. if you land a stomp on someone's shield, and you're too far to followup but you're close enough that they could wavedash out of shield and grab you, run in and out with a nair but try to hit them with the toes.

if you hit them with a stomp low enough on their shield, it's sometimes good to mix it up and throw out another stomp, especially against say jiggs, who's grab can be avoided with a shorthop.

just keep space and make sure to always stay in motion and out of grab range.
That was helpful, thanks. Usually it's a running aerial and they aren't standing still, so I can't space right out of range or on the other side of their shield.
Gentleman is good. I think if you could grab immediatley that would better because of combo potential.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
yo, general question:

Is Falcon kick not a sexy move?

I think it's both sexually explicit and useful in situations. Try just doing one randomly, it's pretty effective cause you can't punish it that easily........well at least not as much as Raptor boost

Mokumo

Smash Ace
word. he can get there on time? scar is really fast so i guess falcon can cover that much distance and space a nair.

so what do you do when they shield the nair? dash behind -> grab or some other fancy stuff? neato

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
yea, he can usually get there in time to beat a laser and outspace a shine or jab. I usually try a turn around utilt to try to catch him overextending. If I shield, he has applied pressure successfully and will exploit that advantage in any number of different ways.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
yea, he can usually get there in time to beat a laser and outspace a shine or jab. I usually try a turn around utilt to try to catch him overextending. If I shield, he has applied pressure successfully and will exploit that advantage in any number of different ways.
In what kinds of ways can one apply shield pressure with falcon? And if you are willing, in what manners could one "exploit that advantage"?

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
nairs aerials buffer roll aerial gentlemen buffer roll

he cant just stand there and do movesliek falco or something but he cankeep pressue on with high shieldstun moves (knee) then buffer roll or gent is good

EWC

Smash Ace
If you do a really well spaced nair on someones shield, you should be able to dash away slightly punish any of their oos options. If they jump, get under them and up-air, If they roll, run and grab them, etc. They only thing that they can safely do that doesn't let you hit/grab by reaction is wavedash back. If you can predict this, you still get a grab. Even if you don't, you can do another spaced nair and keep on the pressure. If they keep retreating, they will eventually get pinned against the edge, and then you can molest them.

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
u can shield pressure samus and maybe link wit knee, due to the fact that they cant sheild grab u rightway due to the lag from the knee and their slow grabs on the shield and the knee will beat their up b's

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
oh buffering is using shield and cstick to do the move as soon as possible, here's an example:

do an aerial like the knee, l cancel as usual KEEP HOLDING THE R (or L) BUTTON and hold left or right with the cstick and you will buffer the roll i.e. do it as soon as possible

you can jump and spotdodge also (up and down cstick)

isai uses buffer rolls A LOT

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
EDIT:

That was a stupid question, I figured I wouldn't waste your time.

When DD camping, should I just vary my DD from fast to slow, or is there good reason to put more purpose behind it? (If so, what is the reason, and what is the purpose)

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
EDIT:

That was a stupid question, I figured I wouldn't waste your time.

When DD camping, should I just vary my DD from fast to slow, or is there good reason to put more purpose behind it? (If so, what is the reason, and what is the purpose)
don't DD aimlessly. The whole point is to maintain a particular spacing relative to your opponent. if he moves towards you, you should utilize your broken Dash Dance to stay in the DD further away, if he moves away, it's the same deal. All you're trying to do is stay close enough to bait a reaction without being close enough to get hit.

DrewB008

Smash Lord
i just got back from out of town!

MOKUMOS QUESTION

it depends a lot on what you predicted and where they actually went. in the example you gave, where you guess away and they go inwards, you wont really get there in time with anything considering how far you have to go to get the tech away, so you should run towards them to scare them at least but dont just blindly jump in with a move because you wont make it in time by a longshot. in some other situations though, like if you guess in place and they go away, you can follow with pressure of another aerial or some jabs or a grab even cause they might shield as soon as their tech finishes. basically once you miss tech chasing with an aerial, its back to normal fighting, you just have to judge how close they are to you and therefore whether they will remain scared and try to escape (rolls or spot dodges or something) or feel comfortable going back to dash dancing or doing moves or other things that are punished differently

a lot of people say stuff like tech chase with regrabs until theyre scared enough to be predictable, but a lot of people are learning not to really be scared of that so you cant depend on people doing obvious tech patterns. to land stomps and knees it really comes down to guessing and getting experienced in what a lot of people like to do. there are some tricks like when a knee seems possible but you know youre not gonna make it, theyll probably be DIing in so theyll then tech in as well. that kind of thing is hard to think about on the fly, but the more you make an effort to predict the more naturally the right decisions will come to you.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
DD has offensive and defensive purposes.

for offense like Db008 said you can force them to attack, roll, scare them, and punish that particular attack.

for defense you keep good spacing. You dont wanna really DD back in forth really fast with out gaining and losing ground. You are keeping spacing in which case if they attack you can put yourself in a better position to deal with their pressuring.

@pakman, I take it these are car batteries then?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
yes. it does.
depending on the terrain you might need to instant dj or full jump, but ya.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Okay, this is just sad: I just found out today that you if you hold a direction while doing the Falcon Punch that the Punch will move you in that direction (i.e. hold up and the Punch will send you slightly upward when it comes out).

How long has this been known for? z_z;; I can't believe I'm just figuring this out.

DrewB008

Smash Lord
bunbun not if falcon uairs, thats too fast

and i was referring mainly to dthrows at 50%, theres no way falcon can knee that with away DI

i have no idea about any percents or anything in general though, so i have no input on that over 83% stuff

Top Bottom