• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

DrewB008

Smash Lord
you just do it as fast as you can, be careful with the c stick and you shouldnt bair

pchu, try playing a couple matches where you try really hard to not do any moves that dont connect, you do moves the whole time even when they have no chance of landing and that leaves you vulnerable and stops you from being able to punish things your opponent does. youre better off just standing and watching him or just dashdancing if youre not close enough to hit each other. just look at all the edgeguards you missed because you shffled aerials instead of just getting in position

metashinryu

Smash Ace
got 2 questions here(yeah i know... TOO MUCH XD)

first,when im edgeguarding on FD i almost always hog onto edges and ledgehop to bair and grab the edge again,but sometimes i just walljump from the very edge and knee,if someone knows how to make this in command tell me,i would really apreciate it.

second,im playing some campy samus b¡tch and she just spams missiles from the other corner,this is a small problem but nothing compared to his **** crouch cancel game, every time i try to approach she just dodges in place dsmash,crouch cancel dsmash,i try every stupid thing that comes to my mind to get her out of ground and when i finally got it she just nair the crap outta me , i really need sme tips about approaching,thanx.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
From the ledge you can hit back very subtly just to get off but not enough to DI away and then you smash away for the wall jump[be quick]. You would have done a bair but the wall jump turned you around and now you do a fair.

Samus has low priority missiles. nair thru them and run up on samus and that should force her to stepdodge if thats what she has been doin and then grab or uair into a knee if u can. When you get close ur getting punished for being too direct. Dash dance not just for the hell of it, but maybe run in and then out[to dodge any attacks] and back in for a grab.

To combo samus well you need to uair alot at low percents and into knee.

Scar

#HarveyDent
lol last time hugs's name came up in this thread he yelled at me for no reason

good times can't wait for genesis

Scar

#HarveyDent
how fast do you need to DI into the wall after csticking away from the ledge for scar jumping. i seem to bair and kill myself alot
just do it immediately. the easiest way to get the hang of it is to DI into the wall and fall pretty far down, then walljump and double jump back on the stage. tighten up the timing until it's as fast as it can be, then you can do whatever you want on YS.

Big_R

Smash Champion
watty is...? i just beat that guy for like the 3rd oturny in a row

hahaha im the samus slayer i guess yayuhzzzzz

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
lol, I guess I'm just talking about his movement. I think there's probably a lot more subtlety to HugS's game cause he was like top 8ing all that MLG **** with such a terrible character, but Watty just reminded me of him with all the tight movement in and out of shield into spaced tilts vs. my approach.

Santana

Smash Apprentice
Question:

What throws and percentages can I land an inescapable knee follow-up, out of the grab on Marth and Sheik?

I have trouble killing both out of grabs.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One

NO..

i haven't played watty since VLS and i believe he is good. but i don't think he's near HugS level yet. and he place 17th at RoM

oh, and the best Samus is Treble. I'm 100% sure of that.
Dam that bigass green writing is kinda intimidating lol.

But yea thats coo. Treble huh. Never heard of him either. I really gotta get to know the samus players lol

Cia

das kwl
Oh man.. where do i begin. Treble is this legendary player that no one knows about (except some of tri-state)

he's SOOOOO **** smart, he makes the general smash populace look ********. most of his videos are on Eggm's youtube (www.youtube.com/theeggm) hopefully he has some recent ones, but even his old ones are ****.

Sry Scar,

uhh.. Falcon is a broken character and i'm trying learn him. Any advice for someone who has really poor tech skill but can tech chase like a monster?

/ontopic

DrewB008

Smash Lord
woop woop

treble is quite good, i havent seen him play in a year and a half though

and yeah watty isnt getting like top 8 at national tourneys like hugs used to, but hes doing at least as well as hugs lately

and watty is considerably better now than he was at vls (a year and a half ago). 17th at rom may not be flattering in and of itself, but his only losses were to pc and jman, and his set with pc came down to last stock on green greens third match. had a few little things gone differently there people would not be doubting

HugS™

Smash Lord
I placed 7th of 128 at Mango Juice with zero warm up/practice for 3 months.

No one will ever be better than me with Samus until they do what I did. Even Watty knows this.

He knows that if he does have the title, it is by default in my absence. So when you mention best samus, you say "In HugS's absence" as a precursor.

But even in my absence, my high placing at mango juice kind of ****s it up and makes it arguable now...

Sorry Watty :). I still want to keep the title.

DrewB008

Smash Lord
vanz tech chase with forward b, you dont have to position yourself correctly or space or anything (aka need tech skill) as long as you know where theyre going, its great

hugs yeah we know, but you should know better than to play the zero warm up/practice for 3 months card, unless youre hyping it up because you plan on warming up/practicing and getting better

HugS™

Smash Lord
I'm playing the card because I'm stating that I do better than all samus players without being anywhere near ready. It implies that I can do better with practice (obviously) and that I'm still ahead of the curve without it.

It is very necessary to mention that, otherwise people will assume that I was as ready as ever when I entered the tournament. Which would then cause people to assume that my "prime" is outdated and wouldn't survive now a days. This would not be the case.

That's why I mention it.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
aite then. HugS is tight. So are u planning on gettin better, playing more, frequenting tourneys?

like arent you coming to WA's tourney play?

DrewB008

Smash Lord
i dunno, ive just always been of the mindset that it doesnt matter why anybody is at a certain level, only that they are at that level

obviously you would be in top form if you were practicing, but you arent. thats all im saying.

soap

Smash Hero
these best character titles r so dumb, especially when azen + mango would just **** everybody with their own characters anyway.

HugS™

Smash Lord
these best character titles r so dumb, especially when azen + mango would just **** everybody with their own characters anyway.
Not with Samus.

@ Kaostar, I plan on going to tourney play but I'm not sure if I'm entering both events.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
probably. modern day PC is not really the same as old PC and old HugS was capable of taking Bo5s off of old PC. And it's also speculation and therefore pretty meaningless.

yea, and I dunno if PC even plays anymore. he never wants to play anymore and I don't think he's been to a tourney since RoM, so yea...

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Didn't Hugs often best PC in tournament sets when they were both in their prime?

He took PC's Sheik / Peach to game 3 at 0c3 and the set overall was ridiculously close. He beat him at Evo Worlds too. And to my knowledge he's beaten PC's Fox and Falco more than vice versa (I could be wrong on this).

Hugs's prime > any other Samus by a vast, vast margin IMHO.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
i thought pc loved melee again, he did a massive article on it because he went to a no johns randomly and got back into it. but he's more busy and not able to play or go to stuff. pc still got 4th at RoM, don't discredit him with him being rusty and sht, he took dsw to g3 pc is so good still

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I know, I live like 20 minutes from PC. When he was getting back into it, we would play like, once a week, but since after RoM we haven't played at all and I don't think he's been to anything. *shrugs* I guess it was just a midlife crisis, reliving his old Melee glory days :laugh:

And I know he's still beast as hell, but just like HugS is still mad beast, but not quite what he used to be, so is PC. Watty taking a game off him now isn't even close to the same thing as if it happened at OC3 or something.

Top Bottom