• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

DrewB008

Smash Lord
use both

i use A for uairs because of all the advantages you listed, and c stick for those late ones that require a delay anyway that will hit grounded opponents

also c stick for like running off plats or ledges and uairing is easier generally

Daedatheus

Smash Lord
So, do any good players normally do their uairs like this (using the A button), or am I just dumb and people have hands that can reach the c-stick earlier than me?
It's just so much harder to reach the C-stick in time for a uair unless your hand is pre-positioned beforehand (which is a stupid idea).
Ideally for the best speed, you should not be handling the C-stick with the tip of your thumb, just like you should be pressing A with the tip of your thumb. Ideally, the end of your thumb only presses the jump button you use (which, if it isn't Y, you should get into the habit of using as it is closer to everything), while the joints of your thumb press the other things.

While in position to press Y, the middle bend of your thumb usually fits perfectly over A and can access B quickly (although for some characters IE those with shines, sometimes using the end of your thumb for B is better for technical precision), and the joint at the bottom of your thumb, or at least close to there, can wield the c-stick without having to move too far.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
At low percentages for falcos dtilt I'm pretty sure you're just bum****ed for a bit.

Then my suggesting would be up an away

metashinryu

Smash Ace
umm i have a big question here.

recently i have found my falcon gameplay stuck for a bit,i really think i cant learn more stuff other than mindgames and stuff(which i hate) and wanted to freshen up a bit and tried chicken for secondary,learnt some good falcos sh¡t(waveshining,pillaring etc) that im still practicing,and i found out that it REALLY improved my falcon gameplay,like,i can gentleman **** easy,spacing nairs **** now,faster and more fluid movement and all the crap you could think of improved dramatically as hell.

so my question is,does being technical and stuff can replace mindgames tricks,etc? cuz my falco gets good everytime i practice at home(and that somehow affects my falcon mobility) and my falcon gets worst(well not worse,bored as per say) everytime i start to practice crap on cpus,but gets hella better everytime i play real people(which i dont play very frequently) and i still dont think i can play falco to ppl till it gets better.

should i use the chicken as a training tool or something or i should start considering picking up falco,cuz i really have a facility learning *technical* stuff(hell,i learned drillshine practically 5 mins ago)

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
What the **** is teh chicken.

And you shoudl have a balance of mindgames and techniqual stuff, never just one or the other.

Mokumo

Smash Ace
mindgames and technical skill go hand in hand with captain falcon because it takes a lot of technical skill to control him. chances are if you improve your technical skill and learn some trixies then your mindgames will improve too. I mean, the key to mindgames is setting up your opponent to put them in an bad position compared to you so that you can exploit their mistakes. I think if you're faster, it'll be easier to catch your opponent.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I often use the chicken reference.

Heres the thing. Really the best is playing smart, and just outplaying your opponent with spacing, good use of mindgames, moderate tech. I think ppl can argue that this is unbeatable.

Tech skill allows you to do what it is that you want. What tends to happen is that either you play smarter than your opponent or you try to outtechskill them.

+Basically more techskill makes the game easier to play as far as controlling your character and doin what you want to do-All the way across the board.

If you are more technical then you can change your metagame to some more detailed micro actions because you have a higher level of precision +

More tech skill means diff gameplay and essentially easier as long as you have the spacing and basic knowledge of the metagame. Go for both
[I feel that whole thing was poorly worded :(]

skyheart

Smash Lord
yeah that makes sense, that's one of the things i've noticed myself struggling with, i feel that i could be a lot faster

Scar

#HarveyDent
DrewB008 please return to normal Captain Falcon discussion, this is your second warning. Regulation of SWF is enforced by handing out infractions, which can potentially lead to a forum ban.

We value your membership.

skyheart

Smash Lord
when should i use the light shield with falcon? and when you are infront of fox, as in right in front of the character, what is the best thing to do as they are shielding?

Scar

#HarveyDent
fox prob isn't shielding if he's in front of you, but if he is the best option would be to run up and grab him, or if he expects that run up and do nothing and punish his mistake, but he can nair OOS which would suck

idk fox has too many options it all depends on the player and their individual weaknesses, there really are no hard and safe rules besides after dairs and other times when they are vulnerable and in stun etc

light shielding is dumb, bigD when do you light shield

skyheart

Smash Lord
mmm fox is by far my hardest matchup, i just can't get around some of the stuff, i guess i'll keep trying at it, sometimes it just feels hopeless

DrewB008

Smash Lord
light shield fox's dash attack and he wont end up behind you, and for edgeguarding marth

BAM

edit: ive seen that light shielding fox's dash attack thing happen but no promises on whether or not it actually works with falcon

light shield with dk

Oracle

Smash Master
DK has a small shield. It's unrelated haha

Is F-Tilt angled up a useful launcher? I know it works on another captain falcon from a D throw at mid percents, leads to a nice, easy up air->knee combo.

DrewB008

Smash Lord
its ok but i think its really hard to get the timing to follow it up

cooler combo: uthrow normal ftilt in falcon dittos at like 50-60%, most people will miss the tech because they hit L/R to tech the throw at the same time they got ftilted, free knee

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Scar can Falcon beat Fox, Falco or Shiek, ever?

DrewB008 please return to normal Captain Falcon discussion, this is your second warning. Regulation of SWF is enforced by handing out infractions, which can potentially lead to a forum ban.

We value your membership.
this is probably my favorite post on smashboards ever.

for the record, some words are censored when they appear within others like the f bomb:

****tard
****hole

*** is not though, since it would interfere with a whole lot of real words like assassin.

Top Bottom