• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Scar

#HarveyDent
ps to everyone

the title of this thread is "always listen to g-reg" so why is anyone doubting anything he says?

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
scar knows im right tho

when g-reg went to brawl this place sucked bad lol

there was like all spam and garbage in every thread

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Really, honestly, I don't think a lot of people disagree that the emergence of Scar has helped the CF boards. but your hot shot way of talking, whether you are joking or not, sucks ***, and doesn't help the community in anyway. There are ways of communicating the same thoughts you are trying to convey without sounding like a pretentious prick.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
nah im not joking

its just me

dont take it to heart iight

dam are they like any other normal people on smashboards?
that wont like agree with people just to agree, or to be "cool" with other people
seriously everyone is like jona is speaking against the norm! hes speaking his mind!
lets say stuff to hurt his feelings and maybe he'll stop

lmao
im just glad i always give my honest opinion and im not scared to ruin my "internet rep" by saying whats on my mind

GAwes

Hidden Boss
mmmm nah

you lose that once you go to brawlgarbage

honestly

where do you think i used to go to when i started posting and stuff?

to g-reg's thread, because he was awesome and the best at the time

he moved on to brawl and left the falcon boards dead.

all we had was scar

ss and darkrain dont help, jiano doesnt really help either

we had some decent falcons posting and that was all.

he went to brawl so all the rights to show off and talk all the crap is gone to me

LOL. This is so ****ing funny. This is smash bros, not montel williams. Yeah, g-reg is not the best falcon, in fact he never was. He was still a beast (and i never watch videos or keep up with OOS tournies anymore, so i have no idea how he is now) but it doesnt even matter. He played a video game, he posted good threads, and he had fun, or else he wouldnt have kept doing it, he doesnt owe you, or anyone else ANYTHING. Its just "melee", not "Super Smash Bros A Guy Stopped Playing as Often and Possibly Dropped Down in the Ranking of Who is the Best With His Chosen Main Character So its My Place to Cry About it as If its Going to Change Anything In Anyone's Life or Contribute to the Competitive Nature of the Game in General-elee"

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
lmao

woooooow

mad people on g-reg nuts

so what if i made a post that came off kinda whine-ish?

wasnt even talking to anyone besides g-reg in the first place

i swear i create drama everytime i post

its awesome

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
lmao

woooooow

mad people on g-reg nuts

so what if i made a post that came off kinda whine-ish?

wasnt even talking to anyone besides g-reg in the first place

i swear i create drama everytime i post

its awesome
Lol you really thrive off attention, kid.

One of these days they'll drop, I promise. :chuckle:

MexicanBJ

Smash Journeyman
nah im not joking

its just me

dont take it to heart iight

dam are they like any other normal people on smashboards?
that wont like agree with people just to agree, or to be "cool" with other people
seriously everyone is like jona is speaking against the norm! hes speaking his mind!
lets say stuff to hurt his feelings and maybe he'll stop

lmao
im just glad i always give my honest opinion and im not scared to ruin my "internet rep" by saying whats on my mind
sounds like a good fcuking john.

stfu.

Cups

Smash Ace
this thread should be called "feed the trolls thread" or maybe "make the EC look dumb as **** thread"

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
anyway......I just recently decided to pick up falcon, but I can't stop my jab combo after the third hit which really makes it hard for me (because I'm afraid to jab). Am I just being an idiot, or is there some special method used to stop after the third hit. If anyone says "just press A-A-A", I will be mad.

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
anyway......I just recently decided to pick up falcon, but I can't stop my jab combo after the third hit which really makes it hard for me (because I'm afraid to jab). Am I just being an idiot, or is there some special method used to stop after the third hit. If anyone says "just press A-A-A", I will be mad.
It's called the gentlemen. The key is to hit A>A> (brief pause) HOLD A. This will make it much easier.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
jona your either trolling or posting out of place. sure you have your right to post but no one respects you. i mean cool you feel like your special because your posting your own opinion on the internet behind your monitor yet you have no tourney experience.

its pretty disgusting how much you talk for no tourney experience.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I'd say

Darkrain/SS 1st and 2nd I don't know which is better
Hax because he's able to beast doubles quite nicely and has good singles performance
Scar after I believe

Hax

Smash Champion
i'm MMing ss at genesis for $50, and i'll probably do the same for darkrain if he accepts. i think when i'm on fire i'm the best captain falcon

über-venom

Smash Rookie
Hi folks. I just started working on the gentleman. The thing is, I picked it up so fast I was wondering if I was actually doing it right. Basically all I did was tap A to the rhythm of the music in FoD. You know, the kirby theme. And I was getting it out really consistently. After that I could do it without the music fairly consistently too. So I was just thinking about how awesome I was, until I watched a vid of someone else doing it where I realized they were going much faster. Is the speed of your gentleman just a matter of preference? Or is it true that with a slow one, your opponent can get out of it? I don't have the tools to upload a video. But if you just do a gentleman to the FoD music, you should be able to replicate what I did pretty easily.

Mokumo

Smash Ace
gentleman:
press A (do the first jab), press A again (do the second jab), press AND HOLD A (knee). You should do something (dash, shield, jump, falcon punch) right after you do the gentleman for top performance, although you can just keep holding A and stand there for a sec. Keep in mind the first two jabs HAVE TO HIT in order for this to work, if you hit nothing with either of the jabs, you fail and there will be no gentleman.

lolnothard

über-venom

Smash Rookie
gentleman:
press A (do the first jab), press A again (do the second jab), press AND HOLD A (knee). You should do something (dash, shield, jump, falcon punch) right after you do the gentleman for top performance, although you can just keep holding A and stand there for a sec. Keep in mind the first two jabs HAVE TO HIT in order for this to work, if you hit nothing with either of the jabs, you fail and there will be no gentleman.

lolnothard
Oh, I think I was just doing the air gentleman. Does that have any practicality in battle?

soap

Smash Hero
see i dont wanna wake up man, i wanna keep sleepin.

dont wanna wake up man, i wanna keep dreamin.

keep dreamin still hopin to fly, maybe one day its real when i open my eyes.

über-venom

Smash Rookie
How do you do the air gentleman anyway? I've always wondered that.
Try what I did. Tap A (3 times) to the beat of the music in FoD. That should be extremely close to the rhythm you want. That might actually be a really good way to learn it.

if you end up doing the fast jabs you're going a little bit too fast.
if you end up doing the first jab again you're going too slow.

Top Bottom