• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
lmao its funny because he put up his vids in the pichu thread

and like 2 seconds later he was declared the greatest pichu in the world

hahahahha

Tomacawk

Smash Master
Who doesn't??? I call you out on IC's. Show vids or it's not true.
lol right

i was thinking more along the lines of

peach/ness/yoshi/pichu
possibly m2/kirby
my ICs are okay. my peach is good. my ness is good. my yoshi sucks. my pichu is okay.
my m2 is good. my kirby is better than most but probably not "good"
I want to make an all character combo video >.> it sucks because I'm not great at this game but I'm good with a lot of people
I'd trade it all in to be great with one person (falcon?)
i request links to this pichu yall speak of

Tomacawk

Smash Master
I don't think he's the best pichu at all
KDJ is way better
Jona, with all due respect, I think you should stick to falcon :p

Tomacawk

Smash Master
idc if he's active or not KDJ is still the best pichu most likely lol
anyway, back to falcon
i played some falcon today and tried to play like nes n00b used to. I approached very little and naired very often and made SURE all my nairs landed behind my opponent or in front of them outside of punish range. It worked extremely well. Once I slowed down my game and conciously thought to myself "do NOT nair/approach until I know I've got it spaced" things just kinda clicked.
And I was also more thoughtful on my tech chases. I just dded grab for the most part and am getting quick enough to knee missed techs on reflex
and I was also thinking constantly of how to bait people
I would empty short hop and land behind my opponent, etc. and it was pretty effective
and I was applying uair more and being very very very very very safe, i.e. i didn't fly around off the map trying to hit people
to sum up, think about everything you do. don't let yourself go on auto-pilot.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
when you get fast enough

auto pilot ***** for tech chasing

when im on fire

i barely miss a tech chase

and even if i do i still keep up to get the grab or w/e

its hard to do that tho, like i really need to be feelin it

its like a random burst of ****

but def think about what you do when youre approaching

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
aww my nigga that's hella tight <3 LOL

but in all seriousness, if we ever are at the same tournament, falcon ditto MM $10 best of 5 yoshi's story only

Magus420

Smash Master
@s2j

Peach can always do something to avoid the knee if they DI the d-throw down&away, away, or anywhere inbetween, though as long as you time the knee well it's often very difficult and with a high risk of terrible DI/wasting their DJ or float if they don't do it right. Perfect DI is between those 2 angles and is closer to down&away. The only characters it actually combos regardless of DI are Jiggs and Kirby, but if they just DI down&away it combos on a few more of the lightweight/floaty characters.

If the Peach doesn't DI in some form of away or downward, it can start legit comboing starting as low as 55/60 or so as long as the knee can connect while starting it right as you leave the ground. If she's too low for a FJ knee and too high for a SH knee and you need to instant DJ into it it'll be a bit later, especially if the DJ killing your momentum would require you to run slightly farther than normal before jumping. This keeps comboing beyond like 150% and you'd generally be able to start killing with u-air when it stops working.

Around that same 50/60 area if they DI plain away they can only avoid a properly timed knee with a DJ away/wiggle into an airdodge away/away&downward. The dodge needs to be in an away direction or you can reach them with the knee before they get invincibility off it. If they just DJ away the knee will hit. They can get a n-air out in time, but as long as you start the knee early enough before getting too close they'll trade at best, and often leave them with sub-par DI on the knee. Since they need to dodge they can't do much about it if the throw puts them offstage and you can reach them.

Around 90 on plain away DI they can start avoiding it with just a DJ, but there isn't really any room for error on the DJ until 120/130ish so realistically they'd still need to be dodging. Around 100 or so they'd start going high enough to also be able to dodge upwards (and in) over a SH knee if they need to (just like at 2:40 in the video).

If they DI the throw down&away they can start DJing away without a dodge (becoming avoidable offstage) around 70/75 or so, and around 90ish they don't need to time it perfectly.

With perfect DI they'll always be able to just DJ away with a small window even at the lower damages, and a dodge makes it easier. They get even more time to do it as they get up to the higher damages. U-air still combos fine though, so if they try to escape the knee they'll DI that poorly.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
aww my nigga that's hella tight <3 LOL

but in all seriousness, if we ever are at the same tournament, falcon ditto MM $10 best of 5 yoshi's story only
yea son we'll do it

but yoshis is my stage ***** be careful what you ask for

people have told me theyre scared of me on that stage lol

but yea iight whenever that happens

i think ima get off tho

D

Deleted member

@s2j

Peach can always do something to avoid the knee if they DI the d-throw down&away, away, or anywhere inbetween, though as long as you time the knee well it's often very difficult and with a high risk of terrible DI/wasting their DJ or float if they don't do it right. Perfect DI is between those 2 angles and is closer to down&away. The only characters it actually combos regardless of DI are Jiggs and Kirby, but if they just DI down&away it combos on a few more of the lightweight/floaty characters.

If the Peach doesn't DI in some form of away or downward, it can start legit comboing starting as low as 55/60 or so as long as the knee can connect while starting it right as you leave the ground. If she's too low for a FJ knee and too high for a SH knee and you need to instant DJ into it it'll be a bit later, especially if the DJ killing your momentum would require you to run slightly farther than normal before jumping. This keeps comboing beyond like 150% and you'd generally be able to start killing with u-air when it stops working.

Around that same 50/60 area if they DI plain away they can only avoid a properly timed knee with a DJ away/wiggle into an airdodge away/away&downward. The dodge needs to be in an away direction or you can reach them with the knee before they get invincibility off it. If they just DJ away the knee will hit. They can get a n-air out in time, but as long as you start the knee early enough before getting too close they'll trade at best, and often leave them with sub-par DI on the knee. Since they need to dodge they can't do much about it if the throw puts them offstage and you can reach them.

Around 90 on plain away DI they can start avoiding it with just a DJ, but there isn't really any room for error on the DJ until 120/130ish so realistically they'd still need to be dodging. Around 100 or so they'd start going high enough to also be able to dodge upwards (and in) over a SH knee if they need to (just like at 2:40 in the video).

If they DI the throw down&away they can start DJing away without a dodge (becoming avoidable offstage) around 70/75 or so, and around 90ish they don't need to time it perfectly.

With perfect DI they'll always be able to just DJ away with a small window even at the lower damages, and a dodge makes it easier. They get even more time to do it as they get up to the higher damages. U-air still combos fine though, so if they try to escape the knee they'll DI that poorly.
thank you very much

I remember some guy told me you can d-throw knee peach in "reasonable" percents without fail

i'll keep this in mind

and hope that peaches don't know this... sigh

---

gg7 is the great unknown falcon who ***** at falcon dittoes. u are about to get ashole torn

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
WC doesnt know about me niqqas

but r00r does

he was wc moved here

so ya

also lol at random person named tom

Reaver197

Smash Lord
So, is the nair able to combo then when the knee can't, or are they able to hit through that somehow?

Scar

#HarveyDent
uair you mean? when are you dthrow nairing peach and why are you doing that, she can just DI up and press A and now you just did her 4 damage and she hit you with a nair

CF peach is gay but apparently you can beat her by being patient

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
yea uair too

who cares tho peach is combo food like marth

it just takes one grab with bad di

get over it nukka

Reaver197

Smash Lord
I hardly ever get to play good Peaches/Jiggs, so, I have to learn all my stuff from vids and smashboards.

Ok, so, uair is the better option against Peach, at least ones that DI the nair.

Scar

#HarveyDent
yeah jona next time i see that in my thread you're getting a censor dodge infraction

this is your warning

also if you ever post a match where you're SS and not scar you're getting permabanned esp if you win

scrub

Magus420

Smash Master
Full jump to fastfalled nairs are still good to use on her at lower percents when they don't DI the throw too far away. You can act sooner after the 2nd hit than you would an u-air that combos off the throw, and FJing through with the 1st hit then coming down with the 2nd prevents them from going over the 2nd hit.

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
I mm'd jona and did not get zero to deathed ever
except for my last stock, but that was ******** because I lost my DJ
I'm getting that $5 back jona

/johns

little tip, kids: never cp peach to FD. It doesn't work. She will zero-80 cg you, simply because she can. and then hit you with stuff.

Top Bottom