• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

School is in Session 4: *Results!!* UPDATED!! January 8th, 2011!

Kel

Smash Master
So all I've heard so far is that M2K planked Coney in order to win a 70:30 MU in favor of MK.

I'm disregarding M2K vs Ally for multiple reasons; the largest of which is that it was Allys ROB lol.

This isn't the only SIIS tournament that has had no LGL. The best in the tournament all seem to still place in their respective placements. This to me sounds like a competitive game.

Why should we change the game if the tactic is beatable?
Vinnie stops planking all day with GAW (I know personally from doubles).
M2K still wins MK dittos.
I have never personally been planked for a victory (because I know how to beat it)
M2K even said during the grand finals that Snake can beat Mk's planking.

So if planking is beatable there's no reason to nerf it, other than scrubby reasons so far.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
you know why people don't perfect plank for 8 min? because people don't want to for that long.

so people play like normal for about 5 min. and if its still close such as last stock then they plank as hard as they can because they want to win. its not an option to win in the first 5 min. but playing normally is.

if playing normally doesn't get the job done then plan king becomes an option due to time.

MK effectively takes 3 min off the timer to win games

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Kain won Brainshock Alpha, which is nothing to scoff at. He won a couple more tournaments around that time, too.

But yeah, what Kain said.
Yeah, he did.

This probably doesn't mean much, but there were almost no MKs at that tournament. We had one in top 10.

I just wanted to put that out there. He still did a great job because he's got a great Wolf.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Didn't you guys try to ban MK like a million times and failed each time?

Give it up already he isn't going anywhere.

Sago

Smash Lord
Lol, if M2K says Snake can beat it then he must be right!
i cant beat snake at all. i just get nade camped for like 6 minutes and get frustrated and run in to ftilits.

also just noteing the fact that 85% of my shout outs at this were about my physicall appearnace :embarrass: ..... or maybe its :charizard: i was looking for.

Kel

Smash Master
you know why people don't perfect plank for 8 min? because people don't want to for that long.
I don't buy it. You're telling me that out of all the people in this community, no one goes straight for the throat with an "UNBEATABLE" tactic? No way. People chose to play Ice Climbers because one grab can potentially mean death for an opponent. And learning all the Chain grab timings is much more difficult than planking!

Not to mention that what you're referencing can be done with or without a LGL. Dojo's done it. M2K's done it. I've done it. It happens. You can try to make all the ******** mechanic-changing rules that you'd like and MK STILL finds a way to make you frustrated.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not exactly FOR an MK ban. I just accept the game for what it is: a camp fest. The gray area seems to be each individual's threshold for this said camping.

I'm not totally against limiting MK either. I just completely and whole-heartedly disagree with a LGL; as it changes basic game mechanics and shifts the balance spectrum toward a different set of characters. I'm still curious to see the logic behind why everyone is saying that this tournament "proves we need a LGL" as I'm not seeing any hard evidence to lean me toward a pro-LGL movement.

Cook

Smash Master
SHOUTOUTS!

1. Mew2King: You're pretty good I guess.

2. Ally: You're pretty good, too. I want to play you sometime! (but not your ICs)

3. Katy Perry (Atomsk): You're not as good as the first two, but still quite decent. Come back and stay with me again soon!

4. AlphaZealot: Glad someone from the Midwest could do well at a Midwest tournament, lol.

5. Coney: Trust me, I wave bounce inhale all the time, too! I just don't do anything else good with DDD like you do, lol.

5. Kingtoon: Didn't talk to you or anything, but TL is gay. But so is Olimar.

7. Vinnie: You d-smashed my pal...

7. Kel: I want to play you sometime because I hate MK and, like, you play him.

9. Logic: :( Don't lose to G&W. Of course, I lost to a Kirby, lol. Hope to see you again soon!

9. Kain: Woooooollllffff!

9: Y.b.M.: Don't beat me and then forfeit! If you beat me you have to get like top 3 or something so I look better!
Good games, though, next time I'll try to not be dumb against you.

9: Krystedez: Waaaaaarrriiooo

13: Arty: Where was the double Falco?

13: DJ Iskascribble: I'm sad I only got to do a couple matches with you.

13: Blue Rogue: You farted on me... it was nice playing you, though, I don't get much Wario practice and I feel like I
learned some stuff playing you. Maybe I'll get you next time!

13: Hylian: :( Sickness. But you still outplaced the rest of us when you were half-dead, so good job!

17: Infern: You're lucky I got you warmed up for doubles or you would have gone no where!

17: Capem: I played you once. It wasn't at this tournament. You beat me a bunch. It was an ok experience. We
should do it again sometime, but maybe I will win some.

17: Z: Good games in doubles!

17: Gimey: Tripping should be banned, lol. I should play you next time I see you!

17: Cook: I'm Cook!

17: Fizzle: I don't know you, but you beat someone really good, so good job! But then you placed the same as me, so
I guess bad job!

17: Fonz: I didn't see you at this tournament. Saw Nope a couple times, but didn't talk to him. Oh well, hope you guys
enjoyed yourselves.
I'm JK, it was you, not Nope!

17: Sago: Where was Samus? She's much more attractive than MK.

25: SASSY: Not sure who you were, but glad you came to the Midwest!

25: Quik: Didn't talk to or play you, but I'm glad that you are not dead and do apparently still travel some.

25: King Beef: Nice seeing you again. I wanted to play some games with you... but then I realized you play Peach and
I don't need any more of that in my life. I should actually play your Pikachu next time I see you, though, because no
one plays that dude and I don't understand what he is done at all!

25: xzax: Never met you, but thanks for making the trip!

25: Nicole: You're snoring. Ok you stopped.

25: Shugo: Nice talking to you briefly for the first time, you seem really cool/nice. ICs are no fun at all, just remember
that.

25: Dooms: Not sure who you are, but hi!

25: Kenny: Dunno who you are either. I hope you're a cool person!

33: Scythe: I think I also don't know you. Maybe I will someday!

33: Roller: I thought you were a girl but you aren't!

33: Sai: I think I've met you before, but I didn't talk to you here. Hope you had fun!

33: ArgentStew: You play Lucario!

33: KassandraNova: Good games in doubles!

33: Quivo: TL is gay! And MJG is a lot better than you! :psycho: You're pretty good, though, the doubles matches were
fun.

33: Judo: Hi person!

33: Future: We did so well and so bad at the same time, lol. I dunno what happened to you in singles, but you should
not repeat it. I never heard you snoring, so good ****!

33: Links: Good games. I hate TL, but I think playing MJG gave me enough experience to end up coming out ahead. Olimar is gay!

33: SneakyTako: Lol, I dunno what to even say. You ***** my DDD pretty badly and showed me why I shouldn't try
to play him in tournament yet, haha. It was nice meeting you, though, you are very cool and very good at
edgeguarding me!

33: Meneil: You almost won the girl match with girl f-airs and girl jabs!

33: Luminoth: I don't know who you are but you play Wooooollllfff and he has a laser!

33: Akashi: I would like to play you sometime, I hear you're pretty good.

33: Tutu: Lol, Falco on Norfair.

33: Hilt: Olimar dittos in doubles! Actually, the fact that it was doubles made playing the ditto almost bearable, lol.
Not sure who ended up beating you, but I hate those two people now. But I also hate you for beating my buddy
Tmacc!

33: Mister Eric: Beep beeeep beepo? Beep... beep~!

49: TKBro: Lol, I'm glad that I didn't turn out to be whatever douchebag you had pictured, haha. I didn't get to hear
any of your commentary, but I'm sure it was solid as always. Don't beat Tmacc next time, he deserves better than
that!

49: Lou: Nice seeing you again, even if the only time I saw you was for a couple doubles friendlies.

49: SoraSin: Hey, I don't know you! Do you know me? Because that would be weird if you knew me but I didn't know
you! Just sayin'.

49: DLA: You, like, died at some point during this tournament. I'm glad you came back to life! I hope you end up in
Columbia next year, it should be good times.

49: MX778: You play Yoooosshhhhiiii!

49: Fuujin: You play Zeeeeelllddaaa! But I actually know you! **** YOUR BLANKET BEING IN MY FACE!

49: Slim: Hey, are you a cool person? If you are I hope I meet you someday.

49: Legan: You are a cool person a lot! You must have had a pretty tough pool. I think you need to just go back to
basics and focus on creating earth; the kills will then come naturally. I'm still waiting to hear your story from the
club, lol.

49: Izumi: Lol at TKBro's shoutout to you, that was mean. If I had been watching the stream I bet you wouldn't have
annoyed me!

49: Rowan: Peach player! I want to play you some time maybe!

49: Silhouette: I heard you were tall, so that's cool!

49: Warfie: Can't say that I know you, sorry!

49: TWSS: Your name is made up of all consonants. It's unpronounceable!

49: Twilight Prince: Three-ways are awesome. Three-way ties are gay. Heed my words!

49: Ripple: Thanks for driving us, big guy! Sucks that you had such a tough pool.

49: Excel: Don't sweat it man. I def didn't think you were a joke, I just figured you didn't have much Olimar
experience and you pretty much have to know the matchup to do well against Olimar. If I thought you were a joke I
wouldn't have used Olimar both matches! But if you want some advice for MK vs. Olimar just let me know and I'll help
you out next time I see you.

65: Smash64: You and Corey were doing some pretty cool stuff in doubles!

65: fZk: What a strange name. Is it foreign?

65: Fromundaman: Your name is interesting!

65: Tyr: I saw you for like a second!

65: Zwarm: I might have played you in doubles? If so, good games! If not, then I'm sure our games would have been
good had we played them!

65: HadesBlade: Ally is such a jerk for charging all those d-smashes! At least you made him look like a scrub with all
those pivot grabs at the edge, lol!

65: Jiffy: Yo dawg. I don't know you, but I feel that that is an appropriate way to greet you!

65: Today: Fun tournament, though it had some problems as everyone has said. It is impressive that it ended by
2:30, though, considering how late it started. My advice would be to do pools first. Actually assign pool leaders so
that someone is making sure the pool gets done as efficiently as possible. In between your pools matches work on
doubles bracket. When pools finishes, the doubles bracket should be ready and you go ahead and start doubles (or
have a break). While doubles is going on tally up the pools results and make the singles bracket. Once doubles is far
enough along that there are several open setups, start singles while doubles finishes. That should be efficient
enough to finish by a reasonable time, imo.

65: Solecalibur: I played your game once. Well, the sequel. I used Link. For some reason your name is spelled
differently from the game, though.

65: Wrath: Your humunculus is pretty gay, you should switch your name to Pride or Greed or Lust or something!

65: Zephil: You took me a bit by surprise when I played you in friendlies, I wish we had been able to finish!

65: Sleep: Not yet, but I do have school tomorrow!

65: Machine Gun Norm: I played you in doubles! It was pretty fun.

65: Xyless: Lol, I wish you had beaten Krys with Zelda!

65: Katakiri: What an interesting name, it must be Japanese!

65: Auspher: Good games, Olimar is impossible if you don't know the matchup because he is so gay, lol.

81: Tmacc: Tpal, why didn't you make it out of Tpools? Stop Tchoking! I guess you had a difficult Tpool. See you this
Tweekend!

81: JoshKip: You did pretty good when I saaw you play Nicole, Sonic is annoying, haha.

81: Dajayman: Ook...?

81: 4Biddin: I may have played some doubles friendlies with you...?

81: Clowsui: Thanks for housing us dog, it is nice to not be kicked out of our housing for once, lol!

81: Pane: Sorry if I seemed rude by not wanting to play you very much in friendlies, I was worried that I was
supposed to play my bracket match. Good games, though!

81: VGM: You are another person with no vowels, oh no!

81: King: Pika pika! (Pikachu is very cute)

81: Geno: You aren't the Geno I know, and I refuse to speak to impostors.

81: Composer: I think you are HAWT. Jk, I don't even know who you are. But you can pretend that I think you're hawt
if that would make you feel good!

81: Mr. E: Wait... are you the beepo beepo guy? If so... beeeep beep beep. Beep? Beepo.

81: Technical Chase: I like that you play DDD because he is fun! But you play Snake, too, but that's ok because he is
really cool!

81: Aposl: Haha, our set was finally completed nearly a year after it was interrupted. Good games!

81: WPT: I'm not sure what the point is either. Perhaps searching for the answer is the point itself. Perhaps there is
no point. Regardless, I wish you luck in your quest. Godspeed, sir.

81: Radium: I assume you drove well, so good ****! I hope having a sick bf didn't ruin the tournament for you some.
:(

81: Jowii: Olimar is gay, what can I say? No matter what character you ultimately decide on, I think patience is what
you need most to win that matchup.

97: SpongeJordan: Your name is cute!

97: Juushichi: I hope your name means something interesting!

97: FYJ: You may have been in my pool? If so I hope I didn't make you want to quit by playing Olimar!

97: Kiest: I still must hear this legendary voice...

97: Jayford: I played some doubles with you! Seriously!

97: Xero: Ban Mario!

97: Hael Phael: Your second name is almost your first name!

97: Prime: DO I EVEN KNOW YOU???

97: Calebyte: Also ban Mario! But don't actually, because he is kind of ****ty.

97: Steep: I don't think I have much of an idea of who you are, but I bet you know exactly who you are!

97: *: Good ****ing **** you ****ing ****** asterisk. I hope this isn't actually a person, or I might feel bad.

97: Rikku: You are a girl maybe!

97: Cobra Chain: I will assume you play Lucas!

97: Jnkoln: And I bet you play Lucario!

97: 134: Hm...

97: Calebyte: But I already left you a shoutout and I don't even know! You are not getting two shoutouts. Wait...

113: Umashi: Good games in pools, I hope I didn't make you sad by going DDD!

113: Jetzger: Are you German?

113: Exclamation point: Good ****, you make shoutouts worth doing!

TeeVee

Smash Lord
lgl is ****ing ********, it puts an unnecessary nerf on characters like rob, pit, and marth while putting an unnecessary buff on snake, falco, diddy.

ban mk
get rid of the lgl

problem solved

Zwarm

Smash Hero
5. Coney - GG's in pools. Sorry, I was a little off all day, and I think you just took advantage of that and noticed that you did. You've gotten a lot better since we last played though, so part of why you beat me was because you improved, honestly.
7. Kel - I really appreciate the housing, and good stuff on top 8! I've been working on being a bit campier since you gave me that advice, so hopefully I'll do better against you next time we play.
9. Logic - I'll be honest, I didn't really want to MM you from the start, I only did it because I don't get the chance to play good Olimars like, ever. I think I could have given you a better game if my DI wasn't so off game 1. Either way, gg's, it was a fun set.
9. Kain - GOD KAINS! It's always fun talking to you too, we need to play a few games next time I see you, probably MAS? And seriously, your kid would be the best Wolf in the entire universe.
13: Arty - GG's in pools. I should've stuck with ROB game 2, but I wanted to see how my Lucario did against you since you have so much Diego experience. Thanks for the tips though, I'm working on using dair less as Lucario. :)
13: DJ Iskascribble - GG's in pools. Your MK is really good! I like to think I did pretty well against you, despite being ROB and all. :p
13: Blue Rogue - Fun friendlies at Kel's before the tournament. Even when I thought I had a good lead, you always brought it back last stock. Your Wario is too good.
17: Sago - I'm sticking with ROB, don't worry. I'm just gonna use other characters for a little bit to hopefully get rid of my awful habits with him. It's always nice talking to you at tournaments, and your reaction when Jake asked if you were wearing a hood was priceless, haha.
25: Quik - I really hope you can start making it to more tournaments, I love talking to you. Your reaction to King being black was hilarious!
33: Scythe - Stop being better than me! You don't even play this game!
33: KassandraNova - Thanks for the housing! Fun friendlies during the tournament. And I'm not Justin Beiber. :(
33: Meneil - I think I only talked to you once at this, but I heard you did work with Ike, and I saw a few of your pools matches, it looks like you've really improved. :)
33: Akashi - It's weird, but I didn't really see you much at this tournament besides during Melinda's pools matches. Where were you hiding all day? :p
33: Mister Eric - Your ROB never ceases to amaze me. I'm slowly trying to get my playstyle more like yours with the wavebounces and everything, but I still want to camp at the same time, so that's what my playstyle ends up like. I'm really glad you were impressed when we played though, it means a lot. :) beep.
49: DLA - I didn't see a lot of you at this tournament, but you were asleep for most of it, so it makes sense. I saw you when you woke up, and holy **** your eyes were bloodshot. Also, try not calling me at 3 in the morning next time when I don't even live with them anymore. :colorful:
49: MX778 - GG's in pools. Your Yoshi is really good, one of the best I've played, I wish I could be that good with him. :( I'll be honest though, when you didn't go back to Yoshi game 3, I was sad, so I went Peach to see how I could do against your Fox, when I probably should have gone ROB or something. :p
49: Legan - Fun MM! Honestly, I did better than I thought I would, but your Link is too good.
49: Silhouette - ROBbro! Whenever I see you next, I want to play some matches with you. Our ROB playstyles seem similar, so I think I could learn a thing or two from you. :)
49: TWSS - I watched your first doubles match, and your G&W looks like it's gotten better. How dare you get better when you don't even go to tournaments! Guess we'll have to play some matches next time I see you to see how much you've improved. :)
65: Zwarm - Start actually practicing this game. :/
65: Today - Thanks for running the tournament, it was a lot of fun. :)
65: Machine Gun Norm - Norm Machinegun Norm! Always fun talking to you at tournaments. Does this mean you're playing Brawl again?
65: Xyless - Beach! Your Peach/Beach is definitely improving, keep it up. :D
81: Dajayman - Sorry I'm such a bad teammate and hit you with my attacks a lot. Guess I'm just not used to teaming with someone who plays so aggro. :/
81: Clowsui - GG's in pools. I really wish you would have brought out your Falco for a match, I need more Falco experience, and I play against Marth a lot, so yeah. Still fun matches though. :)
81: Pane - I still don't know how you knew who I was, haha. We only played one match, but it was a good game, I wish I was more awake to remember it though. :/
81: King - Omg King you're black?! I still haven't played your Pikachu since LoLiS5 more than a year ago now, we need to play again soon.
81: Geno - Genosamus! I need to play your Samus again soon, this time I'll go ROB instead of D3. :)
81: Composer - Jake. <3333
97: SpongeJordan - I'm still salty about that MM. Rematch at MAS? Also, it's always nice talking to you at tournaments, you're a pretty chill guy.
97: Jayford - GG's in pools. Stop having the same Marth as Oro!
113: Umashi - Really glad you could get off work to make it to this, and thanks for helping me get a ride and housing, I really appreciate it. You're definitely improving no matter what anyone says, so don't give up. <3

EDIT: Cook, that wasn't me, but I'm sure they would have been GG's too, haha.

Coney

Smash Master
sooo many people

here we go

never say i'm not inclusive

while you're reading
how about some music?
go ahead. you've earned it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkJQ3m6uilc

2. Ally - good seeing you!
3. Katy Perry (Atomsk) - i appreciate all our talks. it means a lot to me that you're so invested, i wouldn't have gotten this far without the collective support of a lot of people, you're one of them. now just team with me!
4. AlphaZealot - good set! your z-drop to z-catches confused the hell outta me, rofl
5. Coney - get better
5. Kingtoon - good **** repping east coast, bad **** in that set with AZ
7. Vinnie - hello boyfriend, good ****, learn diddy :<
7. Kel - we should talk more at tourneys homeboy
9. Logic - md/va sucks
9. Kain - i honestly hate taking out people more talented than i am
9: Y.b.M. - how come we've never played
9: Krystedez - i had to bite my tongue after hyping you up against ddd so much, rofl...i'm sorry if i put any pressure on you, it's just because i know you're amazing
13: Arty - i said it in the other thread, but i hope you know it still stands--i can't thank you enough
13: DJ Iskascribble - finally got you back! hahah, like you said, i was VERY prepared man, mks are everywhere these days
17: Gimey - gym? what's a gym?
17: Cook - dat b-reverse...also wtf @ four purples, i laughed out loud
17: Fizzle - we didn't talk as much as i wanted to, you remind me a lot of myself tbh, i know you've done well in the past but i think you have the potential to make 1st a consistent theme
17: Fonz - good set! your lucario surprised me, i prolly would've lost but i literally just played junebug very recently and kinda learned the match as it happened, hahah
17: Sago - do i really look that angry? i hear i look very mad when i play, not so much when i'm not...i wasn't mad! well i was there at the end but that was it!
25: SASSY - it meant the world to me, seeing you after that, considering you and i have come so far together. remember our basement tourneys? rofl
25: Quik - WE NEVER PLAYED >:[
25: King Beef - WE NEVER PLAYED >:[
25: xzax - THE GREAT CONEY DODGES YOU ONCE AGAIN, XX
25: Nicole - don't sweat it at all...i couldn't ask for a better teammate. yeah, tornado might be easier to deal with with a different teammate, but i put my trust in you because of the **** you can do on your own and that i never have to babysit you--case in point, that clutch **** you did against infern. i'll let you know if/when i'm headed back out here
25: Shugo - glad i dodged you, not so glad @ this placing! everyone has bad days dude, you should've blown some steam off at the club :cool:
25: Kenny - yes i would've very much liked a soda :<
33: Roller - WE NEVER MM'D :<
33: Quivo - MY clutch kills?! did you SEE your dair?! i died at like 40% and i'm supposed to live to like 600, wtf
33: Future - you def. had me, that matchup is nerve-wracking for ICs because dropping the grab could potentially mean losing the game...i guess all their matchups are like that but hey, rofl
33: Meneil - see below!
33: Akashi - great seeing you guys again! it's been A WHOLE YEAR! i think it's funny we didn't say hi for so long and then talked so freely after, hahah
33: Hilt - i wanted to thank you for being so receptive in terms of brackets and changing around md/va and stuff...i normally am kind of hesitant to ruffle feathers but you actually listened and gave me reason without just, i dunno, rolling your eyes and blowing me off, i really appreciated that!
33: Mister Eric - show me more of your ROB magic tricks later
49: TKBro - take a breather after every set...remind yourself that it's a new set, a new start, a clean slate...i know it sounds stupid but it might help!
49: DLA - you looked SO TIRED man! i wish we talked more, lol :<
49: MX778 - yeah ddd's annoying, sorry...you prolly would've beaten me tbh, but i've lost to an md/va yoshi in friendlies over and over before realizing "wow wtf am i doing, i need to learn this"
49: Legan - ayo so ima pressure this shield kinda hard ANYWAY i'm out
49: Izumi - you totally slept in the last four days!
49: Silhouette - i hate visiting the MW because i can never actually play or spend time with everyone @_@
49: Twilight Prince - wtf those mk gimps on my poor dear zero suit, too much
49: Ripple - don't get discouraged! it must be hard for you, being all out on your own without anyone nearby to practice with...but if you want it bad enough, you'll make it happen, right? i guess the opposite is true, don't make it a chore or anything, heh...
49: Excel - i liked our MM! wish the tourney didn't end at, like, 8 AM so we could've talked over some S&S
just kidding i hated that place
65: Fromundaman - thank you for the kind words! we should play next time i'm out there, hah
65: Zwarm - yeah like i said, i didn't mean to be rude or anything, but i just got a weird vibe and i felt comfortable bringing it up to you since i felt like you were level-headed enough to know i wasn't being insulting or anything, hahah. def. good seeing you, catch you next time i'm out here!
65: Today - thanks for everything!
65: Xyless - man minus is doo-doo now :<
81: Tmacc - i appreciate what you said...but don't do something just cause i'm doing it, you know? follow your own path, do what's right for you. if it's ddd that's great, and i get the feeling it is from the talks we've had, but if deep down he's just not for you, gotta do what's best for you. the primary objective is always to win.
81: Clowsui - i had fun during our set! wish it could'a been on a lagless tv though, for both your bdacus' and my powershields, hah
81: Technical Chase - we never got that picture! :<
81: Aposl - we didn't talk much at all...OH WELL YOU LIVE LIKE 20 MINS AWAY
81: Jowii - thank you for the support...
97: SpongeJordan - man i didn't talk with much of IL at all this event did i, rofl :<
97: Juushichi - we didn't talk much at the place but i appreciate your kind words, we should play next time i'm out there, yeah?
97: Jayford - our set was fun! ddd can be a ***** for marth unless the marth has like, a ton of exp...and i have no idea wtf puff is supposed to do in that MU, LOL

*phew*

welp now that i'm done, nothing left for me to do but

*DiP*

ADDENDUM:

i don't know how me/m2k would've ended had i not put myself in awful positions jumping off the ledge, but i sure as hell wasn't going to lose to that if there were absolutely anything i could've done to stop it--it wasn't that i felt comfortable putting myself out there, it wasn't that i wasn't at a severe disadvantage, it was that there was literally no other course of action i could take.

is that just symptomatic of a bad matchup and should players just learn to dealwithit.gif? is it deviant, unfair play that needs to be discouraged?

you decide!

Kel

Smash Master
lgl is ****ing ********, it puts an unnecessary nerf on characters like rob, pit, and marth while putting an unnecessary buff on snake, falco, diddy.

ban mk
get rid of the lgl

problem solved
This is my point.

Rob mains generally understand how much the game changes with a LGL. There is more or less a trend where if you main Diddy, Falco, Snake, Peach, etc. (IE your character sucks on the edge and you only find yourself there after you've made a mistake) you demand a LGL and will complain relentlessly unless one is instated everywhere and everyone plays the game how you desire.

Inversely, ROB, Pit, and MK mains generally are opposed to a LGL. They realize that match ups and the game in general changes when you instate global rules.

I'm open to experimenting with different rules (I've been to plenty of LGL tournaments), including, and up to, banning MK. If the only way to keep a LGL out of tournament play is to ban MK, I'm all for it and will support these tournaments. What I'm opposed to is changing the rules because people have knee-jerk reactions to something that their character doesn't auto-win against.

P.S. Coney is the ****

QUIVO

Smash Master
Oh yea, I forgot about that dair... loll

Kel, I agree. Brawl is just ****ed no matter where we take it. I still enjoy the game though

Btw cook, I know MJG is better than me. If I still cared about being a good TL (or good in this game at all), I wouldn't have taken so many breaks with this game. I've slowly been trying to pick up Diddy anyway.

If anything, it's just annoying when people say that. I know he's better, i don't care. At this point, he's been playing more than I have and I hope he would be better than me. If not, it'd be really sad. I'd also have "Best Toon Link in Midwest in my sig if I thought I was better than him : P)

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
i love reading posts about brawl where ppl plank for 8 mins to win. Makes me feel good for playing melee lol

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Kel sometimes the good guys can't win. It's ****ty, I know.

I don't feel like arguing the LGL in a large series of posts like always happens. But just so that my stance is said, this one post sums up everything I feel about the argument and I felt like sharing it.
I already tried to ban MK. People said no, live with the consequences. We get Meta Knight, the edge is his playground.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Shoutouts
81: Jowii :kirby: :fox: Barely talked but was cool seeing you again. I always think of how pissed you make some people on this site when I see you in person XD
Online, I don't know any of these people, I don't care what they think of me so I'll be myself. IRL, if I don't dislike you right off the bat, then chances are I'll be a nice guy until I find a reason not to like you (though I'm not looking for one). Next tournament I'll get a conversation goin' with you, maybe I can get some friendlies with you? That'd be cool.

81: Jowii- Good games. I got careless game 2 and I paid for it. You won't be seeing anymore of this guy :sonic:.
But...it wasn't even carelessness? And I didn't see any of sonic anyways? It's whatever lol. I just picked Fox up that day for the most part. I hadn't played him outside of a handful of doubles matches in StL friendlies before this tournament.

u main MK so ur point is invalid. good try though.
KT is hilariously right.

81: Jowii: Olimar is gay, what can I say? No matter what character you ultimately decide on, I think patience is what
you need most to win that matchup.
Lawl, I <3 you Cookie. You're really ****in' good too. Even though Olimar is gay, you somehow manage to put lipstick and a wig on him to make him even gayer. You're just that good. I'll beat you eventually though. Before WHOBO3.

81: Jowii - thank you for the support...
<3 Mad love Coney.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
If a rule has to be added for just one character who can abuse a very strong tactic, then the character is banworthy, no? If planking is beatable, then a LGL is a dumb rule that nerfs a strong beatable tactic.

Agreed with Fonz here's some reading material for you people.

http://www.sirlin.net/ptw

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
I have no problem with MK being banned, however I see no need for him to be. I'm for a LGL. I'm sorry if having a LGL makes inferior characters more inferior. It's just survival of the fittest.

DtJ SquidBurrMoneyBurr

Smash Champion
I have no problem with MK being banned, however I see no need for him to be. I'm for a LGL. I'm sorry if having a LGL makes inferior characters more inferior. It's just survival of the fittest.
Having a LGL would also be saying "hey my characters inferior to meta knight"

Just sayyyyyyin

But it's just survival of the fittest right?

Right?

Go meta knight kids, Earn da moneys and shower da ladies in it.

Cook

Smash Master
Is there a reason why there can't be a LGL for MK only?

Also, LGL only applies if the match goes to time, so it is only likely to affect people who are using the ledge to stall, not just using it tactically. So ROB and Pit players shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Okay, ban him. Period.

"If he needs a change to be viable, he's not viable. If hes not viable, he needs a ban."

Seriously, people. You guys keep wanting to perform plastic surgery on a character that has been altered 1,001 times just to get considered "legal". If you put an LGL on, the planking MKs in question are going to scrooge and if you ban that, then they are going to play the Zoze and Gambino game. Eventually, it'll kill the game.

But that's my 0.02.

Take this LGL talk to Competitive. I want more shoutouts damnit!

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
That's one thing about the BBR I don't understand

They say if your gonna limit a character cause he's so broken why not just ban him. Well, if there's a sure fire way of limiting him that can be easily done in tournament with out the TO having to monitor matches(IE the LGL) that makes the character not broken, why not just limit him?

For example, if there's an exploit that makes it so you can stall for a long period of time, we just ban the exploit and not the character. Why when it comes to MK and the ledge do we say, ban the character not the tactic?

and what's wrong with making a different a LGL for different characters? Characters with multiple jumps get less ledge grabs because they can spend more time in the air in between ledge grabs. It's pretty simple imo. But I digress...

D

Deleted member

Is there a reason why there can't be a LGL for MK only?

Also, LGL only applies if the match goes to time, so it is only likely to affect people who are using the ledge to stall, not just using it tactically. So ROB and Pit players shouldn't have anything to worry about.
AZ knows what's up. He's doing this for his tournament this weekend.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
For example, if there's an exploit that makes it so you can stall for a long period of time, we just ban the exploit and not the character. Why when it comes to MK and the ledge do we say, ban the character not the tactic?
Because he can perform outside of the ledge on a level that no other character can perform on. If they challenge it, they lose.

What's wrong with making a different a LGL for different characters? Characters with multiple jumps get less ledge grabs because they can spend more time in the air in between ledge grabs. It's pretty simple imo. But I digress...
Every other character that plays on the ledge can be beaten on the ledge pretty solidly. The risk vs reward is nowhere near as bad if you try to stop GW from planking. Same with ROB, Pit and Marth.

Once again, can we not talk about the LGL in here. I don't want this thread to get closed because of heated arguments over something that can and should be discussed elsewhere.

Nicole

Smash Champion

ban mk
get rid of the lgl

problem solved
get out of here, EC rules (even though EC uses an LGL to my knowledge). THIS IS THE MIDWEST!

"hi my name is Teevee I play ROB, i want to be able to plank and be a total gay wad but i dont want to get beaten by MK cause he beats my character, so i had to pick up MK and use him. but if he were banned then i could be gay and plank and shoot dumb projectiles and make everyone hate me and there wouldnt be mks to do anything about that!"

<3 sorry teevee, you're a nice person, but i hate ROB and planking and projectiles :awesome: (and i hate playing super ledge bros.)

This is my point.

Rob mains generally understand how much the game changes with a LGL. There is more or less a trend where if you main Diddy, Falco, Snake, Peach, etc. (IE your character sucks on the edge and you only find yourself there after you've made a mistake) you demand a LGL and will complain relentlessly unless one is instated everywhere and everyone plays the game how you desire.

Inversely, ROB, Pit, and MK mains generally are opposed to a LGL. They realize that match ups and the game in general changes when you instate global rules.

P.S. Coney is the ****
Gee, ROB Pit and MK, characters who CAN ABUSE the fact that there's no LGL don't want an LGL? Really? I think they must just understand the game better, and how changing the rules to make the game more enjoyable to play and watch just couldn't work. They surely dont have any personal agendas. They dont want to win by planking. They wish they could be forced off the ledge into a worse position with an LGL but because they understand the game so well, they realize that an LGL just wouldn't be good for the game. It has NOTHING to do with their character choices.

If you're for a LGL that's fine, but don't act like certain players who choose certain mains are superior to others when they're not.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Super Ledge Bros is the best damn game in the world tho. Just saying

Top Bottom