• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

School is in Session 6: Road to Apex! Results Thread! BRACKETS UP! :D

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer

Oh hey Olimar, I see you getting ripped apart by that u-smash. Good stuff by Judo, I don't even know what else I can say about that. Just too good.

Thanks to everyone for coming and making this tourney so amazing. It was great seeing all you guys and hanging out with you. I was thinking of maybe not coming but I decided to come and have fun and absolutely 0 regrets. This might be my last tourney, I don't know what's happening in my life. The day before the tourney my father actually divorced my mother after a lot of bad family events. I'm glad that I was able to escape reality for at least a couple days to hang out with my friends and have one of the best weekends of my life. Thanks for making it happen Day and Arcade Legacies, thanks for bringing me SP, and thanks to the awesome community.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
As much as I really would have loved it to see a sheik get that far (trust me, this hype was close to the amount I get from Junebug/Trela's shenanigans, Sheik is just so awesome), I think the rules were the ultimate call, and hence at the same time the biggest reason to blame. "Sportsmanship" could've gone either way, but the stronger example to me imo would have been to give the win. However, I think the call should've been on the TO, and then afterwards a revision would probably be necessary to assess what needs to be done.

Count

Smash Champion
Why does it say didn't pay by Fizzle lmao? Interesting results. I miss the scene fo sho. Too much real life.

Good stuff to the top placers, looks like there was a lot of intense matches at this.

MJG

Smash Hero
Shoutout to Rauleen for steppin it up and taking care of all of us.
Shoutout to Corey and Nicole for transporting me around and showing us the true meaning of salt through NBA Jam
Shoutout to Todd for losing to me by one point
John Stockton toogood
Shoutout to my man Judo for puttin on a good show and puttin in work. You were the hype of the tourney
Shoutout to my 10 hour bus trip
Shoutout to the God Kais...I won't see a lot of you ever again. GK <3
Shoutout to the Midwest and our janky characters.
Shoutout to Shugo, Nicole and Infern for puttin in work.
Shoutout to Coney/Logic...your team combos were ridiculous. Also, you were so close to winning every event Coney :\
Shoutout to the random black kid with the Afro at the club.
Shoutout to Yoshi.

Thanks for teaming with me Kain...you are on your bus and salty as **** I am guessing LMAO. Long *** trip. Good sht.

@Nicole: Don't you ever say you suck again...good sht
@Shugo: I am honestly not surprised at your placing...you still my ***** tho
@Infern: I don't understand you and your snake lmao. #recoveringfromtheclub

Also, thank you logic for giving me a simple task for brawl after the tournament was over. I actually forgot that I had done that almost a year ago...Its time.

We out.

GOD KAIS!

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
We from Michigan would like to congratulate Shugo for winning School Is In Session 6 as well as the stipend for Apex 2012. That's quite an honor in itself. But now, we would like to bestow upon him an even more prestigious award. We are awarding him the title of:

Black Ohio Version of Judge

Shugo, you enjoy a good party just as Judge does and you are also a God Kai like he is. You come into a tournament hungover and still beast. And lets not forget that hilariously gay drunk laugh BOTH of you have but can only do when you're plastered. You also turn into a ditzy school girl when you're drunk.....just like Judge. And therefore this award is yours. The Midwest community missed our little gay lush and we 've had an Ohio right in front of us the whole time. So from Michigan : The Jankiest, Crunkest state in the Midwest we would like to say congratulations.

- TC

:phone:

Coney

Smash Master
don't wanna do full shoutouts so here are just some thoughts

- really wished logic and i had switched sides of the bracket...might've seen a ddd at 2nd then? :teeth:

- REALLY wanted judo to win so i could play an exciting, interesting set with judo than play someone from my own region in a ****ty matchup

- 1st in brawl teams, 1st in minus teams, 1st in minus singles...5th in brawl singles. wanted the full sweep :(

- brawl minus is a bad game to play in tournaments, get luigi'd midwest

- holy **** when did i get so fat, i guess you don't see it when you look in the mirror but after watching the stream i look like the fat kid from drake and josh, time for dat diet

- i got duck tales 2 for NES, ****'s actually rare yall, HELL YEAH

- mjg looks like supa hot fire http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BrkmIqUXck

- i think i'm a strong candidate for brawl's least clutch player

- this event was great, see you guys at the next one

- sorry for spreading that judo paused on purpose. AZ said it at one point and i kinda went along with it, i think he might've heard it from someone, or just inferred it from judo's reaction (the defeated "i lost...")

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
@Infern: I don't understand you and your snake lmao. #recoveringfromtheclub
I know right? **** matchups, I do the same **** against everyone and it works /swag

Shoutouts when Im off work

Can I just get a second opinion on the character usage here? Direct C+P from what Krystedez posted, but I just want to make sure everything's spot on before I compile this one.

Check the top players, and confirm their character usage is proper, please.
And make sure these payouts are correct?

3: Infern :snake: ($65.80)
I got 97$ and not sure if pools count but I won there with Mario and Bowser

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Oh yeah, not that it matters much since I didn't get out... but I only won (a) set with Pit at this tournament, so I guess Pit should be next to my name.

I'll do more shoutouts after job hunting ****.

Shugo-Chan

Smash Lord
LOLLLLL awww Tech, i'm honored <3. I miss judge though. I neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed to drink with him.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Man D3 v. Sheik would've been such a cool match, I was hoping for a showcase of that MU, since nobody except sheik mains believe that it's a pretty close/non-**** matchup.

Coney

Smash Master
oh yeah, one more thing

judo's prolly my new favorite player to watch ever--he is, like, the epitome of "well this dude's really behind, can only really do something if he makes something big happen, but since it's brawl you can't really hope fo--WHAT THE **** WHAT OH GOD WHAT YES"

ZTD | TECHnology

^ Its true. Michigan Sheik is too broken. The only thing more broken is Kentucky Sheik.

@Shugo: Gifts and I decided we are dragging Judge's *** to the next Ohio regional whether he wants to or not.

Its time God Kais reunite with their drunk mascot.

DDD/Oli is such a gay matchup for us. There's only one way to win it and its extremely hard against a good Olimar who has mastered their recovery.

Coney

Smash Master
I thought u said the match up with Oli wasn't that bad for DDD, Coney? Flip floppin brah?

:017:
yes actually!

if you watch all of our sets logic and i go about even, then he turns the camp on and it's near-impossible to get in to get the kill, that same exact situation has happened at least three times in our recent sets (me being almost a full stock up then losing), it's not like i can outcamp him or anything

what can i say though, he learned the MU :teeth:

then again it's not like he didn't deserve to win anyway, he's been consistently playing recently whereas i've kinda stopped for a while, and coming back on that last stock meant he def deserved it

just mad

Count

Smash Champion
If Shugo can handle two shots now before being drunk that's a huge step up from the 3/4 of a beer that had him stumblin' at Nope's a year or so ago. Swag?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
My shoutout:

Thanks everyone for buying these things from my girlfriend and me! :D

Special big thanks to Y.b.M., who got a ton of the things!

If anyone else wants some, let me know.

ZTD | TECHnology

^ OMG YES!

I wanna see my dance moves with Nicole...lmao.

Also everyone needs to learn how to GIMR! Best white boy dance ever.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Okay, so... I need to know what those payouts are...

As well as a re-affirmation on the characters that the higher placing players used, c'mon.

1: Shugo :falco: ($???)
2: Nicole :peach: ($???)
3: Infern :snake: ($97)
4: Logic :olimar: :metaknight: ($???)
5: Krystedez :pit: :wario: ($???)
5: Zak :dedede: ($???)
7: Kain :wolf:
7: Judo :sheik:
9: Kel :metaknight:
9: Sparta Kick :snake:
9: MJG :toonlink:
9: AlphaZealot :diddy:
13: HadesBlade :yoshi2: / :dedede:
13: Legan :zerosuitsamus: / :metaknight: / :link2: / :marth:
13: Bpow :wario: / :metaknight:
13: GIMR :gw: / :falco:
17: Thugs :metaknight: / :pikachu2:
17: y.b.M :kirby: / :zerosuitsamus:
17: Shadow Phoenix :metaknight:
17: Ralph Cecil :snake:
17: Kassandra Nova :metaknight:
17: Ripple :sheik: / :dk2:
17: Mister Eric :rob:
17: Fizzle :lucario: / :dedede:
25: Ori_Bro :marth:
25: Tutu :sheik:
25: TKBro :
25: TMacc :wario:
25: Roller :pikachu2:
25: MX :yoshi2:
25: Smile :metaknight:
25: Oreo :sonic: / :metaknight: / :luigi2:
33: TheKiest :dedede:
33: Sneaky Tako :rob:
33: WTP :sonic:
33: Excel :
33: Jinx :zerosuitsamus:
33: Forward Air Rage :yoshi2:
33: DtJ Composer :wario:
33: S2 :dk2:
33: King Beef :peach: / :marth:
33: Luminoth :wolf:
33: Chuee :lucas:
33: Sorasin :falco:
33: DTJ****Whitman :olimar:
33: Tech_Chase :dedede:
33: Blitz :

Coney

Smash Master

As well as a re-affirmation on the characters that the higher placing players used, c'mon.
i can tell you i went wario two games, one against ybm and one against kel, if that counts for anything

also i got $27 for 5th

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I was freaking out at the venue.

Shugo, Kel are among the really good MK's in our region and as for the other region that came out: MD/VD there's Omni (arguable), NEO (mostly Marth iirc) and Junebug. Outside of Junebug (because he's a national level player) and Shugo there aren't national level MK at all. Kel is also arguable, I think.

Plus, you know, the Midwest is kind of known for character diversity among it's top players.

And me/Korn buddy for good Md/Va :metaknight:s.

:018:

Shugo-Chan

Smash Lord
Lol @ gifts: ybm sat me down at a table, and said i needed to chill for a bit, then some random chick came over and petted me lol so then i went outside, talked to az, went in to get some water with him, and then came the hooker..

And yeah kaffei, all of my sets were recorded yesterday

Krystedez

Awaken the Path

1: Shugo :falco: ->:metaknight:<-($???)
2: Nicole :peach: ($???)
3: Infern :snake: ($97)
4: Logic :olimar: :metaknight: ($???)
5: Krystedez :pit: :wario: ($???)
5: Zak :dedede: ($???)
7: Kain :wolf:
7: Judo :sheik:
9: Kel :metaknight:
9: Sparta Kick :snake:
9: MJG :toonlink:
9: AlphaZealot :diddy:
13: HadesBlade :yoshi2: / :dedede:
13: Legan :zerosuitsamus: / :metaknight: / :link2: / :marth:
13: Bpow :wario: / :metaknight:
13: GIMR :gw: / :falco:
17: Thugs :metaknight: / :pikachu2:
17: y.b.M :kirby: / :zerosuitsamus:
17: Shadow Phoenix :metaknight:
17: Ralph Cecil :snake:
17: Kassandra Nova :metaknight:
17: Ripple :sheik: / :dk2:
17: Mister Eric :rob:
17: Fizzle :lucario: / :dedede:
25: Ori_Bro :marth:
25: Tutu :sheik:
25: TKBro :
25: TMacc :wario:
25: Roller ->?:popo:?<-
25: MX :yoshi2:
25: Smile :metaknight:
25: Oreo :sonic: / :metaknight: / :luigi2:
33: TheKiest :dedede:
33: Sneaky Tako :rob:
33: WTP :sonic:
33: Excel :
33: Jinx :zerosuitsamus:
33: Forward Air Rage :yoshi2:
33: DtJ Composer :wario:
33: S2 :dk2:
33: King Beef :peach: / :marth:
33: Luminoth :wolf:
33: Chuee :lucas:
33: Sorasin :falco:
33: DTJ****Whitman :olimar:
33: Tech_Chase :dedede:
33: Blitz :
Roller probably used Ice Climbers and not Pikachu. I don't know for sure
@ EVERYONE WHO DA !@#$ ROLLER USE?

And also I got 27 dollars or the same as coney too whatever it was, I didn't even know I won money until Arcade Legacies guy comes by and says "here's your cash" lol...such a happy moment for me T_T I won money for the first time in so looong...

Also I forgot Shugo uses Falco and Metaknight. Put that change in too.

Great tourney Day. I had loads of fun at this.
Bracket was a little rough for me as I got Bob-omb'd by a certain Peach main....
Yeah, same. I slumped in my chair after that heart breaking loss, losing my stock at 40 percent after I MAD DI'D that bomb omg... But I still shook her hand, she's improved so well, she proceeded to (mlp-yardovich) "***. ***. ASSS. ***. ***.. AASSSSS. assassassass.***.***." me over and over (dat ***/b-air)

Top Bottom