• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scorpion Master who?

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
if you get them off the board, jump of the boards and cape to turn around. it will make you lag i the air just enough to reach people who are trying to recover from far away. if you need an example watch one of N0ne's videos

M@1funk$hun

Smash Ace
join the club. if you can't be the best theres no point in trying =P

also I'm finally starting to realize how good spacing uairs is. if they hit they're easier to capitalize on too

j3ly

Smash Champion
uairs in general have alot of shield stun for some reason plus there is a smaller gap between shield stun -> followup than with bair. spacing shields with uairs bair wavelands jabs, poking thru shields with fsmash nair/reverse bair is **** **** shiz i was brutalising the other docs marios ganons with it at SNY

M@1funk$hun

Smash Ace
since you mentioned it, it seems to me many ganons have very transparent playstyles. of course kage and linguini don't, but the ones I played usually are easy to beat after I play them for 2-3 games. like it focuses around you running into their attacks a lot and they never expect the bair waveland. trick them by constantly spacing bairs, then shbawl into an utilt/jab to grab

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
this is what i do to teach my friend to DI. while Utilting , I just tell him that this wont happen to him if he use DI........He learned lol

M@1funk$hun

Smash Ace
no. do not use your iphone

if you have a laptop get a recording device like dazzle and a video editor like iMovie

or set up a video camera on a tripod

and don't make the mistake of leaning forward so your head is in the way of the vid

like I did >.<

Pine

Smash Ace
i didnt read anything but i watched the marth game. you nair and fair approach too much for me, its a terrible approach.

play more like pine

j3ly

Smash Champion
thanks but i've been a falco main for (by now) the majority of my smash career!

you were good once upon a time were u not?

Pine

Smash Ace
i still attend some tournys but very rare these days maybe 2ce a year. ye i have won games against great players. mostly with doc though but i like mario more. ive still got some stuff in me. meybe ill upload some vids eventually. i got a combo video up too

either way your mario aint bad it just does some interesting things for me. defencive play and bair approaches i have found work better then a chaotically offensive approach. hell, i love to just stand still for 10 seconds and then U-tilting their approach. mario needs to be tricky and find ways to get inside but you need to be patient and weigh the benefits and risks of it. mario mostly gets better through experience and understanding which moves in which situations has the best chance of leading into something else

j3ly

Smash Champion
yeah i have learned to gap space since those uploads. thanks Dr.PP :)

i switched from mario for the reason u suggested above, i play too offensive and impatient. it's not that i cant camp well.. i just CBA! literally its just too boring to camp. but with falco... camping becomes more artistic than Shakespeare or the guy who painted the mona lisa ever were

j3ly

Smash Champion
wait, pine are you from the UK? i'd **** you differently in that case

Blanky

Smash Journeyman
Pine! would you be down to play me sometime? i need some pointers so that i can play more like Pine

Blanky

Smash Journeyman
lol i am busy with work a lot. ill prob go to the next MM though if you go to those
aw damn haha yeah i go to those. you were in my friends pool once i think. the only people i get to play around here are my two friends and Irish Mafia :( so i'm always looking for people in MA and NH to play. i'll definitely look for you at the next MM though.

Top Bottom