• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scorpion Master who?

M@1funk$hun

Smash Ace
best stage for Mario is battlefield imo
he has a pretty legit platform game and it doesn't hinder his recovery

also
ROM3 BABY
I'm gonna get some vids up of me finally

M@1funk$hun

Smash Ace
yeah I could debate yoshi's with ya. sometimes I think it's TOO small though
and it's only hindered me with that like twice cuz I usually jump slightly backwards if I'm straight under the ledge trying to get back up

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
that actually why i like YI (except for Marth and sometimes Falco) ill pretty much take anyone here. tech chasing with Fsmash is something i do a lot on YI

examiner

Smash Rookie
so turns out the camera died before I got a chance to record my Mario...
but I have plenty of vids of my Marth for you guys =3

-malfunkshun

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Best stage for Mario is a tie between FD and FoD imo. Platforms generally get in the way of Mario's combos and juggles and as fun as platform waveland shenanigans are, Mario doesn't really benefit from them as much as some other characters do.

FoD however is great for Mario since the level of platform shenanigans he's allowed to do compared to other characters is much more balanced. Plus walljump recovery shenanigans every so often.

otg

Smash Master
I like FoD as both Mario/Doc, but I don't know if it's so much that the stage is good for them but rather most spacies/Falcons don't like that stage. Marth seems fine there, Sheik's it comes down to preference and I think Peach is really good there personally.

M@1funk$hun

Smash Ace
I'm already recruiting people from my school to play melee. I've been telling them the legend of
PP M.D. and his battle against the king of mews.
as the King swung his sword the cunning doctor knew that his gun would prevail until he saw an opening!
"YES! I can reflect him upwards" he exclaimed as he ran in to shine not once, but twice, and into a shiawia kill off of the top of Yoshi's Story

book of Funk 10:12

http://www.youtube.com/user/GrangerDanger14?feature=mhum
if you guys want to check out my marth vids they're here on my channel

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I like FoD as both Mario/Doc, but I don't know if it's so much that the stage is good for them but rather most spacies/Falcons don't like that stage. Marth seems fine there, Sheik's it comes down to preference and I think Peach is really good there personally.
I'd rather take a Sheik to FoD over say BF and YI since her platform strategies there are really gay, especially when the platform lets her combo into U-air KOs more easily.

Vs Peach I would consider more a matter of preference than the other mus. If you never mess up survival DI and are confident in your ability to recover, the large stages are fine against her. Although the smaller stages can to an extent help Mario combo into a KO move in a pinch. And to be honest, I'm not entirely sure what you mean when you say Peach is really good on FoD, when frankly, most of the advantages I think she gets from it are also matchup related.

The key thing that makes FoD good for Mario and Doc is they benefit a lot from moments the platforms are either low or high. It puts their platform pressure games on par with that of other characters. Marth can U-tilt you from below when the platforms are low, but you can do the same back to him and given that he's really tall, you can attempt to D-smash or even grab him while standing on the platform in some situations. Neither of you can U-tilt each other from the ground when the platforms are high.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I actually enjoy FoD but its a small so i dont like to take marth there
Stage size hardly matters against Marth. He zones you mostly with his range, as opposed to his mobility, unlike Fox and Falcon. You can't exactly projectile camp him for very long anyway even on FD. More importantly, the platforms on that stage are MUCH more in your favor. Being able to U-tilt him from under the platform (especially considering that you're a much smaller target than he is), and being able to hit him while standing on the platform is an extremely useful asset.

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
well i think its not a good idea to take marth somewhere where his Fsmash range is al;most if not half of the stage. but i will try it out today since thewre is a smashfest about to go down

M@1funk$hun

Smash Ace
I think what they're saying is that it gives you a quicker close in time (getting inside of marth) which is basically the majority of the matchup right there

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Yes, in theory I'm pretty sure you can 0-death chaingrab Fox and Falco starting with U-throw chains to about 80, and then D-throw chains/techchases that eventually ends in any Smash of your choice. The problem is at the moment, I find it inhumanly difficult to do D-throw chains. And I'm not good at techchasing on reaction.

What IS practical however is D-throw -> D-smash. Does good damage, and people often don't DI it, so usually you can get cheap edgeguard kills immediately after.

Top Bottom