• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scum Wars Mafia - Game!

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Holy **** this game moves faster than the Brooms. Who the **** is Hando?

Also, I think I got this: Vote: Darth Vader - I'm on to you...

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
This game is going to move much faster then the BRoom CK, just letting you know ahead of time :).

Swords, are you going to be productive this game or are you going to continue with the polly the parrot game we are all accustomed to seeing you play?

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
BAH! I'll keep the thread open then.

So, I could use some meta-game help: How is Macman's game going? In the Broom game I played with him, he was just assaulted by Iggy and such, so I really couldn't get a feel for his play style.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
@kevin - look who is talking. You're the one who just says, "i think *insert person here* needs to go, like" and leaves it at that. You're asking me if i'm going to be productive when you are almost never?

@king - Macman is a good town player, but he has a tendency to tunnel.

M.K

Level 55
Lovely how this first day produces such baseless votes, unless somehow I'm a threat because of being new to the game.

I'll vote Hando when he's actually playing the game. For now you should all quicklynch Meta-Kirby.
And you are the voice of the people? For what reasons do you justify your claims? If anything, why should we believe YOUR impulsive claim? If you really ARE the miller, you have put yourself wide open. However, if you aren't, then this was an elaborate rouse to escape the first day's lynch.
Isn't it funny how your impulsive claims lead you to wrong assumptions? I may be new to the game; however, I'm not as stupid as dirt, as you make me out to be.

This game is going to move much faster then the BRoom CK, just letting you know ahead of time .
That statement is suspicious to me. Such confidence shouldn't be so hastily drawn. Are you ready to act upon something, or is this a way to corral the voters to one person?

FoS: KevinM

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
hando wagoners: how much did you guys pay to get into this game? aka wagon scummeta-kirby

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
"The Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together."

1st Vote Count
Meta-Kirby (3) - Xiivi, Marshy, Gheb_01
Marshy - (1) Mentosman8
Xiivi (1) - Macman

Not Voting: (10) - Crimson King, Ronike, KevinM, Frozenflame751, Blue Yoshi, Cacti, Scumfever, Meta-Kirby, Nicholas1024, SwordsRBroken

With 15 alive it takes 8 to lynch.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
@Steel
How come my Hando vote wasn't on the votecount? :mad:

@Meta kirby
Relax. Anything said this early into D1 is rarely more than semi-serious.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Meta-Kirby's reaction is somewhat interesting, but I think it's just a reaction to the sudden, random bandwagon on him. Is he a newer player or has he played before?

I am quickly getting a feel for people I haven't played with before, but there are still so many that I barely know, much less can have a valid opinion on them. We still have people who haven't even replied to the game...

M.K

Level 55
Meta-Kirby's reaction is somewhat interesting, but I think it's just a reaction to the sudden, random bandwagon on him. Is he a newer player or has he played before?

I am quickly getting a feel for people I haven't played with before, but there are still so many that I barely know, much less can have a valid opinion on them. We still have people who haven't even replied to the game...
This is my first ever Mafia game.
If I seem to be rather impulsive, it's because I've never experienced the Random Voting stage as a whole, and it surprised me when it was all bandwagoned against me. O_O
And yes, there are others who have not yet responded/replied in the game. The bandwagoning is keeping me on edge; I don't want to be ousted merely due to a random fluke, that wouldn't be right.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
This is my first ever Mafia game.
If I seem to be rather impulsive, it's because I've never experienced the Random Voting stage as a whole, and it surprised me when it was all bandwagoned against me. O_O
And yes, there are others who have not yet responded/replied in the game. The bandwagoning is keeping me on edge; I don't want to be ousted merely due to a random fluke, that wouldn't be right.
Fair enough, but what do you have to offer? Being a new player means, you are far more likely to make a mistake, so what can you offer us to make yourself useful to the town's goal of surviving?

You aren't anywhere near being lynched yet, but I'd like to have people in the game who will work towards winning the game, not just looking for a fun experience. Cold, but true.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Vote: CK

For moving starfox mafia here ;)

I'm actually pretty excited to be playin with ya ck. Always good to have another player you know is smart. Hope you play with us more.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
The pace is much faster, but I'm enjoying it so far.

Do you have any real suspicions on people? I've never enjoyed RVS because all votes on town by mafia can easily be pushed as being "random" and pointless, thusly, I like to push past it as fast as possible and get real discussion going.

M.K

Level 55
Still demanding an answer to this. How is Xiivi suspicious for claiming Miller?

:059:
Oh crap! Sorry! I thought you meant "Elaborate" as a cynical adjective, not a verb. Dx
I would like to say that I won't use my n00b status as an excuse, but in this case, someone claiming a role so quickly just came off as suspicious to me. I didn't think of it as common in Mafia games to claim so quickly, and it just struck me as "odd". I suppose I must have used the wrong word. An immediate claim, to me, says "I'm trying to cover something up", but now that I think about it, doing that so early in the game wouldn't...be much of a benefit.

Cacti

Smash Journeyman
@Meta kirby
Relax. Anything said this early into D1 is rarely more than semi-serious.
Nicholas dismisses things in RVS. Always a bad thing to do; RVS is not a different part of the game.

Ousted? As in, ousted as mafia? Or did you have a different interpritation in mind?
When I looked at "Ousted" first, it actually looked like "outed" to me, and it looks like Nicholas took it that way too. If you thought "ousted" meant "outed as mafia", could you also think of any other things that Meta Kirby could be "ousted" as?

Vote: Nicholas he's da scum.

M.K

Level 55
Fair enough, but what do you have to offer? Being a new player means, you are far more likely to make a mistake, so what can you offer us to make yourself useful to the town's goal of surviving?

You aren't anywhere near being lynched yet, but I'd like to have people in the game who will work towards winning the game, not just looking for a fun experience. Cold, but true.
I completely understand you position and appreciate your honesty. Of course, a new player would be subjected to making poor decisions, especially those which hinder the enjoyment/success of other aligning players.
You ask what I have to offer? Yes, it's true that a new player may come into mistakes easily, but roles also play a huge role in the success of the town. You ask what I as a player have to offer; however, rather you should acknowledge what powers I may have as a member of the town. With me, it would be entirely easier to take down the scum.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Nicholas dismisses things in RVS. Always a bad thing to do; RVS is not a different part of the game.

When I looked at "Ousted" first, it actually looked like "outed" to me, and it looks like Nicholas took it that way too. If you thought "ousted" meant "outed as mafia", could you also think of any other things that Meta Kirby could be "ousted" as?

Vote: Nicholas he's da scum.
I do NOT dismiss things in RVS. Usually once it ends, everything from the RVS is forgotten. However, there are some (rare) exceptions, so it pays keep on the lookout.

However... I think that ousted as "out of the game" isn't really a natural interpretation. I won't push a lynch on it, but I've got my eye on you, Meta-Kirby.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Nick: I should point out my first thought reading his post was as he says he intended it. While I see the other way too, they are both reasonable interpretations. I highly doubt it's a freudian slip, and if it was it could mean several things.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
@Swords, what are you basing me never playing off of? Rofl

Anyways, this Hando wagon is fruitless and garners no discussion as such its a pretty safe joke vote for mafia to just slip in and get more and more pressure on with no one raising an eye on it.

Just saying Rule #1 every game is starting to get old fast.

It's like the whats your alignement jokes from SPM2.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Lovely how this first day produces such baseless votes, unless somehow I'm a threat because of being new to the game.

And you are the voice of the people? For what reasons do you justify your claims? If anything, why should we believe YOUR impulsive claim? If you really ARE the miller, you have put yourself wide open. However, if you aren't, then this was an elaborate rouse to escape the first day's lynch.
Isn't it funny how your impulsive claims lead you to wrong assumptions? I may be new to the game; however, I'm not as stupid as dirt, as you make me out to be.

That statement is suspicious to me. Such confidence shouldn't be so hastily drawn. Are you ready to act upon something, or is this a way to corral the voters to one person?

FoS: KevinM

Wait, I have no idea where you're coming from in either of the things you said here.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
meta-kirby millers claim immediately because if a cop claims guilty on someone later in the game people often don't believe the person who claims miller resulting in a mislynch

best solution is for the miller to not claim and the town to not just kneejerk to a cop claim but people like to turn this into epicmafia whenever an investigative role claims

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
think thats what kevin was saying mentos. we get nothing from wagoning someone not in the game

M.K

Level 55
Wait, I have no idea where you're coming from in either of the things you said here.
Impulsive behavior that doesn't merit any real worth. That's about where I was coming from XD. I FoS'd you, but then I re-read the conversation and I repealed it in my head, but not on the forums.

meta-kirby millers claim immediately because if a cop claims guilty on someone later in the game people often don't believe the person who claims miller resulting in a mislynch

best solution is for the miller to not claim and the town to not just kneejerk to a cop claim but people like to turn this into epicmafia whenever an investigative role claims
Alright, thank you for helping me understand that situation. Jeez, there really are some things that MafiaWiki can't explain >__>.

M.K

Level 55
TBH, I am beginning to feel like there are individuals in the game who are sitting back and not posting for a reason. I see at least a couple on the list who may be just sitting back and letting pro-town do each other in. Where are these people?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
think thats what kevin was saying mentos. we get nothing from wagoning someone not in the game
This, thank-you.

Follow the cop is a terrible idea, but SWF ADORES it.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
@marshy the miller almost never is told that he is the miller. I'd rather not base it off of a claim, because mafia may just claim miller *insert role here* in order to avoid being lynched.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
swords what point are you trying to make? what do you mean by the "it" in "I'd rather not base it off of a claim"?

also survivor should claim because im pretty sure there is one and he should get out of this game

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer

"Let me see if I can get the newbie to hint if he has a power role or not."

unvote: vote: Crimson King

Top Bottom