• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scum Wars Mafia - Game!

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
lol isn't the point of breadcrumbing to like, ya know, not be obvious that it's breadcrumbing until you point it out later?

Otherwise you're just like, pseudo claiming =/

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
calling a xiivi/marshy team

but um, more responses to my Qs/activity please

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
I still see CK as the scummiest here. He hasn't bothered to defend himself at all! Just said, "what's to defend against?" and not said anything else. He needs to go.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I still see CK as the scummiest here. He hasn't bothered to defend himself at all! Just said, "what's to defend against?" and not said anything else. He needs to go.
Swords, the votes on him were predominately with no real reason. Honestly I see no good reason the wagon built on him and there was never really an argument for him to defend against.

And Xiivi, no reason in particular, but why not have my vote on someone?

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Looks like it's a leftover from the RVS since the only other thing you mentioned was Rule #1 in that post. That not the case?

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pretty much exactly the case Xiivi, I just haven't found another place to put it yet, and haven't found a reason to bother taking it off yet. Seems kinda odd that your so interested in a single vote on Marshy that he himself has not commented on though.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Don't like RVS leftovers. I actually like that Ronike took his RVS vote off CK instead of just leaving it there.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
"Traveling through hyperspace ain't like dusting crops, boy. Without precise calculations we could fly right through a star or bounce too close to a supernova, and that'd end your trip real quick, wouldn't it?"

3rd Vote Count

Crimson King (5) - Xiivi, Gheb_01, Marshy, SwordsRBroken, KevinM
Frozenflame751 (1) - Macman
SwordsRBroken (1) - Nicholas1024
Marshy (1) - Mentosman8
Nicholas1024 (1) - Cacti

Not Voting: (6) - Crimson King, Frozenflame751, Blue Yoshi, Scumfever, Meta-Kirby

With 15 alive it takes 8 to lynch.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
lol I didn't actually THINK they'd hammer, but can't one always hope?

TBQH had KevMo not informed everyone he had put CK at L-1, I wouldn't have been surprised is someone accidentally hammered. It's easy to lose track of how many votes people have in RVS.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
you still sounded fake as hell. You shouldn't have been disappointed because you shouldn't have expected ****.

WHOSE THE PLAY FF?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I really don't see why that line is getting you all riled up. It's basically what Gheb said earlier but just minus the explanation:

Gheb said:
What's the problem with a quicklynch? A townie for a scumbag on D1 is a good deal in my book. Unless we have a seriously ******** town player who hammers somebody off 3 days into the game we have auto-scum on D1. Don't see the problem with that.
Idk, I'm kinda curious about Gheb's #138. I can see the FoS @ me if you're just gonna follow Mac but the mentos FoS seems a bit out of the blue. What's the deal with that?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
@Steel
How come my Hando vote wasn't on the votecount? :mad:

@Meta kirby
Relax. Anything said this early into D1 is rarely more than semi-serious
I do NOT dismiss things in RVS. Usually once it ends, everything from the RVS is forgotten. However, there are some (rare) exceptions, so it pays keep on the lookout.

However... I think that ousted as "out of the game" isn't really a natural interpretation. I won't push a lynch on it, but I've got my eye on you, Meta-Kirby.
Blatant contradiction to cover his tracks after being called out upon being dismissive of the RVS, as well as the fact that he kinda leaned on M-K here.

Look man, if I was a miller (and was told so), then I'd claim. That way, you don't waste a cop investigation and mislynch later in the game. Anyone that claimed miller after coming up guilty in an investigation, I'd lynch, as it would probably be a last-ditch effort by scum to get off the chopping block.

lolwhat? Um... getting the survivor to claim is good for town. It gives us a cleared non-mafia that we can rely on pre-mylo, and we can prevent him from joining with the mafia in mylo/lylo. (Assuming the mafia doesn't kill him before then to get rid of a trusted player.)

Vote: Swords for FAIL.
Fail, how can we rely on an independent role in lylo, mylo? They can align with whomever they want and win at that point you realize? So say it takes three to lynch there are two mafia, mafia can essentially quick lynch because survivor would want to end game asap to fulfill his win condition. Do you think he's going to have some sense of loyalty just because town decided to keep him around?

I gotcha Kev, and while I can see where you're coming from I don't think it hurts much to have a little joke the first day of the game. Really what we did was no different than the Darth Vader vote that was placed.
Yes I took notice of that too, I think it's all well and good to have a joke but at that point you're not introducing anything to the game, this is a game one by activity, posts every day, actively trying to find scum and question people. By not doing that you're just helping scum.

What? Your post basically said "You're new and inexperienced, so you're my first target for today's lynch." That's more to freak him out, not to prevent him from doing so! Besides, I defy you to point out some examples of such a cycle happening on SWF. In my (5 now, not counting the ones I'm in now) games here, I haven't seen such a thing happen yet.
I didn't really see it as such, role fishing perhaps, but I didn't see him targeting him for a lynch yet, if anything I believe he could have been trying to nudge so that other people would agree with him. I didn't however see him actively trying to push a lynch.

Macman you're flopping around a lot any particular reason?

Frozen, I've never seen you discount something, even an accidental hammer to RVS, do you really think it possible?

Unvote
Vote Macman.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Blatant contradiction to cover his tracks after being called out upon being dismissive of the RVS, as well as the fact that he kinda leaned on M-K here.

Fail, how can we rely on an independent role in lylo, mylo? They can align with whomever they want and win at that point you realize? So say it takes three to lynch there are two mafia, mafia can essentially quick lynch because survivor would want to end game asap to fulfill his win condition. Do you think he's going to have some sense of loyalty just because town decided to keep him around?

Yes I took notice of that too, I think it's all well and good to have a joke but at that point you're not introducing anything to the game, this is a game one by activity, posts every day, actively trying to find scum and question people. By not doing that you're just helping scum.

I didn't really see it as such, role fishing perhaps, but I didn't see him targeting him for a lynch yet, if anything I believe he could have been trying to nudge so that other people would agree with him. I didn't however see him actively trying to push a lynch.

Macman you're flopping around a lot any particular reason?

Frozen, I've never seen you discount something, even an accidental hammer to RVS, do you really think it possible?

Unvote
Vote Macman.
First off, key word: RARELY. Not NEVER, but RARELY. Most of the time, the RVS is discarded once finished, but there are exceptions. Wonderland mafia is a perfect example. However, there are also plenty of games in which nothing of real note happens in the RVS.

KevinM, do you think I don't realize that survivor can join with mafia in mylo/lylo? I WAS in Spidey-mafia, when we had exactly that happen (well, it was politician +jester, but same point applies.) However, we CAN prevent it from happening, by lynching/vigging him beforehand. Of course, now the survivor (if he/she exists) won't claim. I didn't reveal all the reasoning behind my statement, because doing so would ensure no claim from the survivor. Thanks for your help. *Sarcasm*

As to your last paragraph, I agree that he wasn't actually targeting him for a lynch this early, but I think he was trying to psyche out the newbie, which might give him more material for a lynch later.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
You are again slightly nudging the fact that nothing in RVS matters, "most of the time".

Your second paragraph is a terrible defense, "I was making a gambit" is really stupid, You in fact mentioned specifically earlier on in the game that most of the players in this game aren't new so why would it happen, so why would the survivor if said role exists not being new claim? Btw you said this wasn't a newbie game a grand total of less then 24 hours ago.

It's another contradiction.

@ Macman.

MacAttack at 10:12 said:
Calling Xiivi/Marshy team
BigMac at 10:58 said:
That's pretty blatant.

Considering you never went into detail on how you called the two other players out as a scum team, voted for them or made a case.

You then just voted for another player.

How is that helpful or not flopping around

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
oh thts definitely flopping around
lol but i mean whatevs
actually don't think marshy/xiivi are scum

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Not sure what you mean here. I've never discounted anything? As in like, you've never seen me say that something won't happen?

Even I'm not sure how true that is, but I'll take your word for it. In general I'm pretty open to possibilities and alternate theories about things. I actually did think it may have been possible for a n00b or skimming scum to quickhammer but I certainly wouldn't have bet on it. I would say the possibility was certainly far from probably, but not an unrealistic belief at all.

If I didn't answer your question please let me know lol, I seriously wasn't really sure what you were asking.

Not sure what to think about Macman for coming after me with a stiff game face, and then laughing his own actions away with a "lol j/k" basically.

Nick's contradictory expectations of the survivor based on his expectations of the quality of players in this game is also duly noted.

M.K

Level 55
I saw the contradiction and noted it in my head as well, but from the second sentence in the second quote:

Usually once it ends, everything from the RVS is forgotten.
I sort of see what he intends to say. However, it was a weird phrasing. First you calm me by saying that things in the RVS are hardly serious (yet they are a section of the game just like any other round), but then you go on to say that you won't dismiss anything that happens. Obviously if some bombshell occurs, people won't forget that, even if they happen in the RVS. Are you trying to say that people should be less cautious of their words in the RVS? That's highly unlikely.

I also agree with KevinM that your second paragraph was a poor explanation of your choices. I've never been a fan of "I had good intentions, promise, but I didn't reveal all of my information for the good of the whole. Your welcome." Immediately, that phrasing sounds like you are holding back.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
You are again slightly nudging the fact that nothing in RVS matters, "most of the time".

Your second paragraph is a terrible defense, "I was making a gambit" is really stupid, You in fact mentioned specifically earlier on in the game that most of the players in this game aren't new so why would it happen, so why would the survivor if said role exists not being new claim? Btw you said this wasn't a newbie game a grand total of less then 24 hours ago.

It's another contradiction.
Slightly nudging it? I'll shout it from the rooftops if you want me to; 90% of the time, the RVS is never mentioned past early-D1. Just try to prove me wrong, I dare you.

Yes, and I stand by it. Despite my argument, I didn't expect the survivor to claim; it would have surprised me greatly if he chose to do so. However, if there's a chance the argument might make the survivor claim (and thus benefit town), I'll make that argument, no matter how small the chance or how much heat it brings to me.

That is NOT a contradiction KevinM. This isn't a newbie game, but that doesn't change the fact that there are newbies in it.

@Meta-Kirby
What I'm trying to say is, if something significant happens in the RVS, I'll keep it in mind, but else, it's almost never brought up again. Of course, sometimes the RVS isn't exactly clear-cut. See Ronike's Test Subject mafia for a good example of that.

Also, I agree that holding things back from the town at large is usually a scummy move. If someone does it, there had better be a good reason why. However, sometimes such gambits do work, and benefit town greatly. For an example of this, see the Party-doc fake-claim in Final Fantasy mafia. It absolutely terrified the mafia and altered their kill pattern quite a bit.

At any rate, I'm going to
Unvote if I had one:
Vote: KevinM

for trying to point out contradictions that don't exist and blowing up my survivor gambit. I'm sure he'll call it OMGUS and another scumtell, but I really don't care.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
actually this is dumb.

i agree ck is suspect. He hasnt said anything since his lacking response to the votes on him.

edit: ninjad. OMGUS HOMIE?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Why are you playing so scummy Nick, you didn't have a gambit it was fairly easy to tell you had no gambit.

You also keep saying contradictions aren't there when 4 other people also saw them.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Why are you playing so scummy Nick, you didn't have a gambit it was fairly easy to tell you had no gambit.

You also keep saying contradictions aren't there when 4 other people also saw them.
The gambit was to try to get the survivor to claim by offering the argument I did. I knew from the getgo that the only chance it had of succeeding was if the survivor was a newbie, as any experienced player would have immediately spotted the flaw you pointed out. However, you just went ahead and blew it up completely, which forced me to reveal the rest of the argument, and thus ensure the survivor wouldn't claim. Understand now?

The contradictions don't really exist, but you're a good enough player to get people to follow you. How do you get from "Everything said in the RVS is rarely more than semi-serious" to "The whole RVS is useless?" The answer is, you can't.

Top Bottom