• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Seanson's Hitbox System v1.0.17.1 (updated june 30)

JMOAN

Smash Apprentice
This is awesome! Don't let it die. It's great as it is, but there's so many more hitboxes to look at.

Bumped back to life, hopefully.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
This won't come back to life so long as the online version isn't working and the base (not patch) of the offline versions is unacquireable.

Someone needs to nag seanson a bunches.
Get him a wife.

darkatma

Smash Hero
bump
what happened =[

The ONLY reason you would quit this project (that is justified) is if you were helping your bro with "The Last Tier War", but if you aren't, continue this project, it's very useful

Raistlin

Smash Lord
I can't believe this died, it was so awesome. I hope it gets finished before too long. BTW, bump.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Seanson, are you working on it? Not to seem pushy, but you've had the entire Smash commuity all excited over this, and I hope that all the work that the others and I have done doesn't get wasted.

Seanson

Smash Ace
...First of all, I would like to apologize for seeming to vanish. I did not know there was so much interest. I have been very busy with school (in the summer? heck yes!) with lots of reading, quizzes, and I have papers to be doing. This project I will try hard to finish, but to be honest it is a lot of tedious work (always the toughest kind). I've already spent easily over 60 hours on what I currently have, and I'm guessing it will take another 20 to add the remaining characters.

New Garuntee: Expect a new character to be finished every 2 days. This will include all attacks frames, and all attack info (unless there is some variation of a move I forgot, and don't expect 26 of kirby's neutral b's)

By the way, there are always openings for volunteers.

Also, I'm now uploading the online version to my new website. Uploading 300mb of 4kb images will take hours... it will be up in a bit, I am off to sleep while it uploads. I hope this will be the new link!

Edit: Yay the new site works. The program iso n there, but the frames are being uploaded, so if your attack isnt there yet, wait a bit, or a few hours.

http://www.bigprojects.net/sean/ssbmhitbox/ssbmhitbox.html

To metroid1117: I have all of your attack info, I didn't notice it before in my inbox (which is cluttered anyways), but all the attack infos will be implemented shortly! Many many thanks to these side notes which help out!

another super edit: just finished th attack info implementation (only took a couple min!). now every attack of every character should have stats. talk about helpful, for finding out how strong moves are and other things about em besides the hitbox sizes etc. i say grats to chief researcher metroid1117, who provided about 95% of the info in an easy-to-implement fashion. :)

even more to edit: my uploader is being dumb, so i cantl et it sit there and upload, so it may be a full day even before all the frames are online again.

jamminjohn

Smash Ace
Sweet! You can do it! 9 more! I'd totally help if I had an AR or even a gamecube.

I'm not sure if this was mentioned but the HSPatch1.0.3.0-to-1.0.5.0.zip is corrupt at filefront.

Seison

Smash Journeyman
Wow Seanson. just wow.
You've put alot of time and effort into this thing and it shows. kudos to you for doing such a great thing for the smash community.

Oh, and thanks to all those who helped/are helping Seanson in his endeavor (i.e. metroid1117 and whoever else).

nice job.

Seanson

Smash Ace
Dunno about you guys but , its not loading too much for me
which character are you trying? ones that have no frames should say frames arent recorded, and ones that do have frames should load fine... does for me anyways...

keep in mind not every character is re-uploaded to the new site. let me know what is going on

so far i'm staying with it, half done with dk today, the other half tomorrow.

edit: ok, DKs non-aerials and non-b moves are done, doing the other half tomorrow.

here is a list of the re-uploaded characters so far. it's going slow, but it's going:
bowser
falcon
doc
fox
ganon
ice climbers
jigglypuff

JerseyMonkey

Smash Rookie
Thankyou for your work in this, it sounds really cool.

I tried using your online version, select Bowser and a random attack, and I get a loading screen, but nothing ever loads.

Where can I obtain an offline version? The offline version links seems to be only patches.

Zodiac

Smash Master
which character are you trying? ones that have no frames should say frames arent recorded, and ones that do have frames should load fine... does for me anyways...

keep in mind not every character is re-uploaded to the new site. let me know what is going on

so far i'm staying with it, half done with dk today, the other half tomorrow.

edit: ok, DKs non-aerials and non-b moves are done, doing the other half tomorrow.

here is a list of the re-uploaded characters so far. it's going slow, but it's going:
bowser
falcon
doc
fox
ganon
ice climbers
jigglypuff
I believe its the java, for some reason its just having a problem loading, all the characters you listed there as well. actually, its just not loading at all.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'm willing to host this on www.overswarm.com upon its completion.

The beta version here can be hosted there if absolutely necessary, but with the massive upload times it may not be worth it :)

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Where can I get version 1.0.3.0? The site only has patches for download and the first one doesn't work anyway.

Also I can't get the online version to work. This sucks because I had the program downloaded on my other computer and it worked on there. :(

Seanson

Smash Ace
hmm. it seems many people are encountering problems....

I'm not sure what to say. It works for me, the website, at http://www.bigprojects.net/sean/ssbmhitbox/ssbmhitbox.html . All the chars I have uploaded works fine for me. I'm running java runtime 1.5.0_10-b03.

For those of you wanting 1.0.3.0, each full version consists of ALL charcters done up to that point. Just patching here and there may cause issues (so many patches to get from 1.0.0.0 to 1.0.16.0). It may be that I put the patches together wrong (but I hope not)... but yeah. I would just say download 1.0.17.1 (a new version) which I am going to upload to filefront in a couple min, along with an appropriate 1.0.16.0 -> 1.0.17.1 patch. Try the patch first, I guess, and if you still have problems with the offline version, a fresh download of the full version may be your best bet.

Sorry I can't help more, I barely know anything about what I'm doing. I'm just a youngster that knows basic java. I bet theres some people somewhere on SWF that knows java troubleshooting...

REPORT: Uploading is annoying because I tell it to transfer a bunch, then it cancels randomly sometimes, so I have to pay attention if I'm goign to get any uploading done. 1.0.17.1 is now out, and I'll be uploading it a couple min after i finish this post. (the frames for the new ver will be a tiny bit longer though because I still haent uploaded all previously done frames yet, so close though!) new patch consists of all of DK, and kirby's utilt, dtilt, ftilt, jab. Not sure why I did some kirby, but hey, every bit helps. I'll finish kirby tomorrow (i got a dinner this evening), so I will be sticking to my new char eery 2 days plan. I guess I could take requests on who you guys want done next, although pretty much every char will be done in about 2-3 weeks, if I can keep up my plan, which i definately plan to.

Seanson

Smash Ace
what is this about ice climbers?

report: ok, everyone's frames except DK and kirby's few moves are uploaded, so expect DK and kirby's few moves to be up within an hour. I'm now packaging up a patch and full version on 1.0.17.1

Edit: ok I noticed that I never distributed a version with peach, for whatever reason, so peach is now included in the patch to 1.0.17.1 and in the full version of 1.0.17.1. I think that works...

another edit: i'm leaving for the night, everything is queued up to be uploaded. all frames, 1.0.17.1 patch and 1.0.17.1 full version should all be up and rdy to get in about an hour!

TRIPLE EDIT: I found out that FILEFRONT deleted my full versions to "save resources". punks! so anyways, I can re-upload any patches and full versions that aren't on filefront, just let me know which ones you want re-uploaded!

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Just to remind you kirby's neutral b has two different ranges. In the air and on the ground.

BZZL

Smash Apprentice
Amazing program you have here!

I was wondering, would it be possible to have the down-dodges included in this? I know they're not attacks, but the frame-by-frame would be handy to have.

Seanson

Smash Ace
Amazing program you have here!

I was wondering, would it be possible to have the down-dodges included in this? I know they're not attacks, but the frame-by-frame would be handy to have.
all down-dodges are are just frames of invincibility. I could spill that info if you really need it. something like luigi's lasts 30 frames and he's invincible for 2-28 of it or something (that info was wrong btw, jsut an example :D)

also, ill keep in mind kirby's SUCK is different aired and grounded.

peach seems to work fine for me, and DK's frames had a silly code error, which I fixed. this fix is only in the HitboxSystem.jar, so I've uploaded a fixed one which can he downloaded by the following link www.bigprojects.net/sean/ssbmhitbox/HitboxSystem.rar also located on first post near the downloads section!

BZZL

Smash Apprentice
Well the reason I would use them is because I'm best at memorizing details visually. For example, knowing exactly when the frames of invincibility end, and also picking out the last frames of the animation so I can move ASAP.

Anyway, I'd only need Ness's down-dodge. I can live without it, but it'd be nice if you find the time. ^_^

BlueScope

Smash Apprentice
Well, trying to download all that stuff, I kinda miss the base thing... it always says 'patch from ... to ...', but I can't seem to find a base for all of those... well, I also lack a huge amount of characters, as the only ones I got from those path zips and rars are CF, DrMario, Jiggy, Link, Luigi, Pikachu, Samus, DK, Kirby, and Peach. Also, one of the zip files (1.0.3.0 to 1.0.5.0) seems to be corrupted, as I can't open it.
Any help would be apprechiated, mostly because I could use the MArth and Fox frames.

Top Bottom