• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Season Beatings III Results

Inui

Banned via Warnings
How many people have picked up Mk since brawl came out? Very few of them are placing high. There were probably alot of mks at this tournament, as there are many at every tournament. U can't clown Inui for using mk when its perfectly acceptable.
I saw a lot of MKs there but none of them placed high at all LOL.

Ghaleon

Smash Apprentice
Hope everyone had fun. Huge props to Keits and Alpha Zealot. You guys are KING. SB3 had rough patches but Smash did not appear to be apart of that at all, thanks to you guys.

Feedback welcome.

Sorry about the line early Sat but a 350+ tournament has a long wait attached. We're looking into advance payments for next year and ways to speed up registration because that held eeeverything back.

DireVulcan

Smash Lord
Nobody's hating on you Inui, or your miraculous and inspiring story of rags to riches, i'm just bluntly prodding the condensed timeline of what happened and how funny it is.

You lose lose, now you pick MK and win win, but how? See how that makes sense? Congrats on first champ!

Of course you logically would not be up for banning a character that's pretty much solely responsible with you winning, that would just make you look dumb, if you don't already do at catatonic levels.

Oh and look! I can already see the process starting, the one where people all over start to just like you only cause you're winning...how's that fakeness feelin? Good?

'least my vibrant jokes and energy at tourneys got people to like me even before I won anything

Case in point, whiny bratheads that win with questionable skills = big EL OH EL

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
this is stupid, im actually on inuis side (for once lol). good job, im surprised u beat forward and AZ. metaknights not cheap enough to pick him up and automatically win, it still takes skill.

i just hate when inui keeps saying "[and/when/but] [character] is [s/a/b/c/d/e] tier" lol

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Dire: take it somewhere else. This is for discussing the results of the tournament with people who where there, not for chastising the player who got first because of the character he played.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Wow, that last match was pretty crazy. Makes me want to go to these tournaments in the future.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
You lose lose, now you pick MK and win win, but how? See how that makes sense? Congrats on first champ!
No, I was winning with Marth, too. Just not placing quite as high. I have won big tournaments with Marth and have the results to prove it. Meta Knight is more fun because I like being allowed to attack and play aggressive over camping.

Of course you logically would not be up for banning a character that's pretty much solely responsible with you winning, that would just make you look dumb, if you don't already do at catatonic levels.
-The other Meta Knights placed extremely low and most Meta Knight mains don't do well at all.
-Meta Knight has one bad match, several even ones, and only wins a lot of his matches 6/4.
-Once people actually learn the match, they do well. AZ obviously knows what he's doing and did great.

Oh and look! I can already see the process starting, the one where people all over start to just like you only cause you're winning...how's that fakeness feelin? Good?

'least my vibrant jokes and energy at tourneys got people to like me even before I won anything
I'm just a nicer and happier person in general these days. That's probably mostly the reason. Ask anyone in NJ that sees me a lot.

Case in point, whiny bratheads that win with questionable skills = big EL OH EL
I wouldn't say they're questionable because results are pretty much solid proof, but all right, you're entitled to your opinion of thinking I'm terrible and only win with Meta Knight.

Make sure you remember this after I beat your Game and Watch. Game and Watch vs Meta Knight is an even match-up, so you can't blame Meta Knight if you lose. I can't use tornado and you can kill me at extremely low damage. Atomsk told me you're the best Game and Watch he's ever played/seen, so it should be fun.

@AZ: Sorry. >>;

DireVulcan

Smash Lord
OK AZ, i'll keep the flaming in the box, i'll just be posting my words of challenge.

So you say you're nicer..maybe you are..but remember when you picked me up for your NJ tourney? Yeah the first thing you basically did was take a stab at my reputation by talking about a match you weren't there to see. That was pretty nice of you...if we were in bizarro-world.

At the end of the day, the win is that matters so there was never any downplay in you actually doing that, you must have misunderstood what I was roasting you for =b

Oh and, I see a decent challenge in your words of when you beat me, I definitely look forward to our match. Though i'm curious as to what source you draw this info from, that GaW vs MK is even? You can't do tornado? Lmffaoo says who? Anyway, if Atomsk is a top NJ player then I see what kind of mindgame level I could expect from you, which matches just about evenly from our encounters in those NJ team matches. You have your work cut out for you ;)

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Yay for 17th! Not bad for losing my first match, only to get kicked out of the loser's bracket later by the same guy who put me there... (Shakes fist at McWooty)

Hee hee, no hard feelings, in all seriousness. Fun time, but WAAAAAAAYYYYY late start. That and I wasn't a fan of the super-cramped Brawl space, but with a turnout that big for other games, I don't really blame ya. What could you do, really?

Anyways, shoutout time. (Pretty short since I left early and couldn't find an open spot for friendlies...)

Pyro - Nice seein' ya again. What's it been, a little over a year? Anyways, too bad I didn't really get to play you in Brawl. We oughta meet up sometime with a group just for Brawl friendlies, since it seems to get a lot of hate from everyone around us. BrawlFest anybody???

Kiester - (I think I spelled it right...) I wanna play you again, since the last time we actually played EACH OTHER was at the OUA tournament where I met you. Also, I can 't remember if you recorded my match with one of your buddies (Mr_J was it?), but if you did, I'd like to see it. Linksies if it's on Youtube, buddy. XD

Inui - Yeah, you probably don't remember me, but I was the n00b chatting with Pyro outside in line... while we were freezing. Congratz on winning. If I'd known how things would turn out, I would've tried to get some practice rounds in with you, just to toughen the crap outta me.

McWooty - That Fox... Blargh... That Fox... XD I need to get some more experience against the guy... I NEVER play him. XD

EvErYoN eLsE - I need to play more. :D If you guys are around/in Ohio and just want some Brawl friendlies, let't set this stuff up. Step it up, as Sonic would say.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Alright, now I have time to do proper shout-outs

First off... pictures I took can be found here:
http://s392.photobucket.com/albums/pp5/OUGamingarts/Seasons Beatings 3/
If you want tagged in these, tell me which pictures you are in. Also correct me if I'm wrong about some of the taggings.

OUGA videos are here (Seasons Beatings 3 videos should be up by Friday):
http://www.youtube.com/OUGamingArts

Feel free to see other pics/videos we as OUGA do. (Including the awesome Athens tourne last May).

_e: Great match. Sorry if it felt a little cheapen because I switched to Meta :(. I like Kirby a lot more and would like to win with him more, but ti isn't happening at the moment. Kirby will be my main when/if Meta gets banned.

Inui: Congrats on winning. The last match was pretty close form what I gathered which is how finals should be. (Too many dominations from the other ones)

JStorm: Excellent Snake and well done for your first one. Still can't believe that f-smash got me... oh wells you prolly would have won the third one anyway. BTW who did you use in Tekken (Lee for me)?

Rakae: Glad to see a wolf player. Keep it up!

AsiaN: I'm glad I got to play against an Olimar, I only get to play Virt's so I don't get to see much comparison.

Flackside: Didn't see Luigi coming at all. I don't get many chances to play against Luigi.

Moses: Glad you play Brawl man! We'll have to tekken and smash some time.

Quivo: Glad to run into you again. Nice TL, though I don't think I played against him. But excellent friendlies.

Master WGS: Yes we need to play each other again. We did record the Mr. J and your fight, but that prolly won't be up until Friday. I'll link it again when it happens. Also, TheKiest is spelled different from Keister but close enough.

OUGA peoples (Framerate, T-800, Virt, Mr. J): I just realized that I didn't play against any of you guys! Oh wells, next time.

Also I don't know who is in the C-bus area: But I am, and so is Moses (D3 player with the crazy white hat). OUGA is a group at OU (Athens) that plays smash down there every Friday.
So we in Columbus should come up with a place and time for a weekly/biweekly thing.

Finally, to the Hosts:
Things went well considering the amount of people. Tekken had it bad with people signing up as 2 names.... wtf! I heard Guilty Gear was even worse! Good call in actually talking to people with your laptop.

I used this for my tournes (might be what you used too, I didn't get a good look at what you used):
http://www.download.com/ALJ-Tournament-Maker/3000-2121_4-10620462.html

I recommend you guys enter people in the brackets as they register at the front. The program I use, lets you save a list of "possible entries". Then once that list is loaded you can just drag the name into the "game roaster". When everyone has shown up, then click make bracket. (This also lets you seed by location/group name and can also keep track if someone paid or not.)

Or you can have the bracket made ahead of time, and just remove people if they don't show up and add people as they walk in.

Momo's is an amazing venue and I can't wait for the next one. Thanks for hosting.

Good games everyone.

D3ltaPunk

Smash Apprentice
I was falling asleep at the long wait of the tourney but I managed. It was all good and fun and I got 9th so that was pretty good.

Quivo- Nice meeting up with you, we didn't get to brawl but melee was 2good. Good job at getting 5th. I'll cya soon hopefully.

Coma- You took me into losers and got me out of losers haha. That Diddy is **** man, nice getting 7th. Hopefully we can play again sometime.

I don't know who it was but I played a awesome Kirby user. We played in pictochat. Nice kirby dude.

I played more but I can't remember who. GG's to everyone.

Ghaleon

Smash Apprentice
1) I recommend you guys enter people in the brackets as they register at the front.

2) Or you can have the bracket made ahead of time, and just remove people if they don't show up and add people as they walk in.

Momo's is an amazing venue and I can't wait for the next one. Thanks for hosting.

Good games everyone.
1) Not sure how that can work efficiently at a place where you're registering for 12 games, incl. 4 major ones with similar start times. Not sure it's a good idea anyway seeing as how depending on who comes, you're going to have to shuffle it all around anyway.

2) GG and SC did that this year and it just leads to chaos. A director has no idea who is actually going to show up or not, and pre-made brackets we had at SB needed complete overhaul. Just using byes for no-shows creates delays and crazily-shifted brackets.

SBIV will have a completely different registration process. We got wayyy big and will definitely be looking at new options next year.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
dire im pretty sure if you lived near and stayed over kens house for a few days you would get much better with marth, so I'm pretty sure me (and spam) playing inui over many instances since brawl's release has helped him get better too esp. with MK since we both main him. He's not bad at all, he just doesn't have good tech skill and has trouble fixing his habits, you are just a bandwagoner

you talk way too much shit, you have been disrespectful towards me since 2005 and now you are disrespectful to inui. You have no right to go into random threads just to say rude things like these, and every nice thing is always done with sarcasm. No one is laughing, people just think you're an dick, no matter how you try to cover it up. To the vast majority of us it is very rude and uncalled for. Obviously inui is going to say things in his defense when people constantly pick on him because he has an outspoken opinion that many people don't agree with, but the vast majority of the reasons is from bandwagoning, and using that as an excuse is not acceptable. Stop being a faggot.

e__

Smash Ace
_e: Great match. Sorry if it felt a little cheapen because I switched to Meta :(. I like Kirby a lot more and would like to win with him more, but ti isn't happening at the moment. Kirby will be my main when/if Meta gets banned.
No, I just feel like I had a great chance to BEAT you and blew it. Good stuff though, it was a fun match.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Thekiest, we need to play again.. and my gf goes to OU so I can probably play up there sometime if you guys ever have tournies.

And, I wish M2K would've came

Framerate

Smash Lord
I don't know who it was but I played a awesome Kirby user. We played in pictochat. Nice kirby dude.
Hehe, that was a fun match! I felt really bad though cause of that kirby glitch, so I only used it the once. It brought me much joy :p

We have those matches recorded so I'll link them, or Keister will, when we put them up.

Keep up the good work with meta, maybe we'll play again sometime.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
DireVulcan said:
Anyway, if Atomsk is a top NJ player then I see what kind of mindgame level I could expect from you, which matches just about evenly from our encounters in those NJ team matches. You have your work cut out for you
Didn't Atomsk and I win that set against you and Wes and then win the entire tournament, beating NinjaLink and Bum twice when you couldn't beat them once? :laugh:

@Mew2King: Good stuff, lulz.

DireVulcan

Smash Lord
I'm only a dickey to lousy people..and from my eyes both of you were pretty lousy before I even met or heard of ya'll

Just returning the dickiness as a favor to some, I mean hey, TheManaLord a few pages back caught some entertainment from my flames :laugh:

D1

Banned via Administration
Posting in a heated thread.

Good shiz to Inui for getting the number one spot over one of my favorite WC smashers Forward.

Good shiz to Forward for beasting in both non-item and items Brawl. Do you still use Falco? (i think good Falcos are far and few btwn nowadays sadly : /) Nice to see you still use Pit tho...thats hot ^_^.

Good shiz to AZ for repping w/ Diddy.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Thekiest, we need to play again.. and my gf goes to OU so I can probably play up there sometime if you guys ever have tournies.

And, I wish M2K would've came
Actually I'm done at OU and I live in Columbus, aren't you at OSU?

The OU people MIGHT do one next year, but idk.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Wow, guys can we please keep the NY/NJ rivalry out of Ohio? This is embarrassing.

Dire, real talk, Inui's a much more chill person these days. I used to have beef with him too, but now he's mad cool. Give him another chance and you'll see what I'm saying. ATM, you're doing nothing but embarrassing yourself and M2k just called you out on meatridin. If not for Inui, then can you please drop this for me?
no homo

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
yeah. It might not mean much. But I'd always heard bad things about Inui... for no real reason. He's a cool guy. Wonder why people are such ***** about him.

He's good. Just accept it peeps. He'd be good without metaknight anyway.

microwavedpuppy

Smash Cadet
*LiL Negrito*
*LILn*

had a fun time playing in my first brawl tournament

idk who that guy was wearing glasses.. but i thought it was pretty funny when i was asked if i play anyone else besides snake cuz he couldn't beat it.. i think he was there with the girl in green who really needed to pull up her pants:urg:

cuz she did not look that good to be showing that much crack

Ghaleon

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure I have All-Brawl full results saved on my laptop -- will post those tonight if I in fact have them.

Also, unless Nate (Soap) took them with him (in which case I'd ask him to post results), we should have the Melee singles/teams results on paper and will post them.

If you played in All-Brawl, send me feedback in a PM or post regarding it. I hope it's something the community is interested in doing in addition to the regular Brawl tourney.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Good shiz to Forward for beasting in both non-item and items Brawl. Do you still use Falco? (i think good Falcos are far and few btwn nowadays sadly : /) Nice to see you still use Pit tho...thats hot ^_^.
I only saw him use Pit and Snake and those are the two characters he used when I played him. Both are really good. He has the best/hardest Pit I've ever seen/played and his Snake is better than any of the Snakes around here LOL.

Pierce7d said:
Wow, guys can we please keep the NY/NJ rivalry out of Ohio? This is embarrassing.
These days, NY and NJ are more like an alliance than rivals. It's just...Dire's being a jerk. That's all. I love NY's Smashers.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Yea, I've heard things of Inui.. but he was cool at the tourny. I didn't have any complaints

The night before the tourny, Forward was also playing Wario and Falco some. His Wario was actually pretty good, but not on the same level as his Snake and Pit

Thekiest: Yea i'm at OSU campus now

I wanna go to east coast now. ANNNDDD I'll be down in Texas hopefully by thanksgiving and christmas so i can play them houston smashers again. I wanna see how much better everyoens gotten.

Gingerr

Smash Lord
I don't think Inui's playing Meta Knight has anything to do with the fact that he's placing well. Listen, I know all you kiddies want to go ahead and say that Meta Knight is broken, and he "plays himself", but if that's the case, then why are Snake/Dedede/any other character even placing top ten? Why is anyone even bothering to PLAY other character if you can just auto-win with Meta Knight? Why haven't I won a tournament? You can't say it's because I'm bad, because the character plays itself!

It's not as if I love Inui so I'm defending him, I've seen the guy a total of two times in my entire life, but I love how babies wanna cry on the boards about Meta Knight because their ******* hurt. Seriously, how do you guys get your tampons in?

Also, I'm going to say it straight up: The lack of GOOD competitors was lacking, and I'm sure plenty of people can agree to that. Aside from like, top 3, the rest of the people were nobodies/people who haven't gotten their name out there yet (DookDigity whats UPPP), and even though you want to say Inui only won because he plays Meta Knight, I can almost PROMISE that if we had brought Matt (Afro Thundah/MKkilla3000), Inui would not have had such an easy time winning. Nothing specifically against you, Inui, but Matt's just too good with that match up. Would have been interesting to see how it all turned out, actually. I wish he could have come.

I also wish M2k had come, too :[ We expected a lot more big names to be here and there were like, none.

Good **** to everyone though, except the babies that need naps cuz they're grumpy :[

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
Okay. You haven't won a tournament because you're terrible at the game. Meta Knight can't cure cancer and make people magically good at something. You have to have SOME sort of grasp on the game.

Second, everyone is entitled to their opinion about something, EVEN META KNIGHT. OH MY GOD. YES, IT'S TRUE. Just because you don't think he should be banned doesn't give you the right to insult people because they do. Why don't you cram their used tampons in your mouth, since you're about as close to a walking trash can as you can get. The only thing you ever post is garbage, so it's only fitting. I've seen you post about tampons, Meta Knight and FlashMetroid in every single post you've made. It's old. Get a new punchline and something else to ***** and moan about, please.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
I don't think Inui's playing Meta Knight has anything to do with the fact that he's placing well. Listen, I know all you kiddies want to go ahead and say that Meta Knight is broken, and he "plays himself", but if that's the case, then why are Snake/Dedede/any other character even placing top ten? Why is anyone even bothering to PLAY other character if you can just auto-win with Meta Knight? Why haven't I won a tournament? You can't say it's because I'm bad, because the character plays itself!

It's not as if I love Inui so I'm defending him, I've seen the guy a total of two times in my entire life, but I love how babies wanna cry on the boards about Meta Knight because their ******* hurt. Seriously, how do you guys get your tampons in?

Also, I'm going to say it straight up: The lack of GOOD competitors was lacking, and I'm sure plenty of people can agree to that. Aside from like, top 3, the rest of the people were nobodies/people who haven't gotten their name out there yet (DookDigity whats UPPP), and even though you want to say Inui only won because he plays Meta Knight, I can almost PROMISE that if we had brought Matt (Afro Thundah/MKkilla3000), Inui would not have had such an easy time winning. Nothing specifically against you, Inui, but Matt's just too good with that match up. Would have been interesting to see how it all turned out, actually. I wish he could have come.

I also wish M2k had come, too :[ We expected a lot more big names to be here and there were like, none.

Good **** to everyone though, except the babies that need naps cuz they're grumpy :[
This is why I <3 you.

Also Everlasting, take it easy bro. Everyone's upset about the Metaknight topic. No need to go personal vs her.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
She just cares about the issue a lot and gets upset about it. Look at OS dude. He cares a lot too. But I guess the tampon talk is a bit out of line.

DireVulcan

Smash Lord
You betta run Charles!

*Randy "Juggernaut" Hayes voice* Yeah mutha****a i'm like the dickiness police up in this jellybean factory I BETTER hear good things boutcha or i'll smack you over tha head with a garbage bag full of purple sandals! :smash:

Pyrogamer

Smash Journeyman
*LiL Negrito*
*LILn*

had a fun time playing in my first brawl tournament

idk who that guy was wearing glasses.. but i thought it was pretty funny when i was asked if i play anyone else besides snake cuz he couldn't beat it.. i think he was there with the girl in green who really needed to pull up her pants:urg:

cuz she did not look that good to be showing that much crack
it is pretty funny considering I'm the one that took you out of the tournament using one of my lesser characters... lol. But in the friendlies you are referring too I beat you in one as Wario and the others were extremely close...so yeah... Snake is mad overpowered, play someone who is fun to play against in friendlies! not enough people do :(
I just hate fighting the same character over and over again, I fought nothing but foxes in the melee bracket (except Soap) and I was sick of fighting the same tired, cheap, campy snakes all day in brawl. I actually asked Forward if he would play someone other than fox in melee finals too lol and even though he could've won with anyone in the upper echelon he wouldn't switch which was rather dissapointing.

and Pirin can wear whatever the **** she wants cuz she's adorable! not too mention she beat 3 guys in the tourney :)

Inui, you are mad funny, don't listen to those clowns... all the cool kids enjoyed your company on saturday.

Also since no one posted them, here's the results from melee singles:
1st Foward (fox)
2nd Pyro (falco/peach)
3rd Soap (sheik)

I didn't enter doubles so I'm not sure but I know that Forward's team won, surprise surprise. not sure who was with him.

kthnxbai

Gingerr

Smash Lord
I just love how quick everyone is to say a character is broken before saying that someone might have actually improved.

Also, Yayuhzz, I understand you have something against me due to my posts, I just happen to have quite an opinion on the subject. I apologize, perhaps it is quite unnecessary for me to be so violent about it.

Everyone else: People can improve, you don't just wake up and be the best, everyone should be thankful for a good community in general with talented players.

pirrrin

Smash Rookie
Now, now, no need to be talking smack about my *** crack =P I never said more than two words to you, I'm sure! Psh, sorry for being so indecent, hahahaha.

Thanks to AlphaZealot & company for running a good show considering how late all the tourneys started since pre-reg/registration at the front door took forever. It was nice meeting everybody and playing friendlies with everyone.

Oh, also, really fun playing melee with people on Sunday, haha.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Volatile levels of verbal sodomy are present in this thread.

Now, now, no need to be talking smack about my *** crack =P I never said more than two words to you, I'm sure! Psh, sorry for being so indecent, hahahaha.

Thanks to AlphaZealot & company for running a good show considering how late all the tourneys started since pre-reg/registration at the front door took forever. It was nice meeting everybody and playing friendlies with everyone.
Lol, this random girl got roasted badly and made an account to defend her *sscrack. This thread is too good.

pirrrin

Smash Rookie
no, actually. i have like 2 accounts on here but i didn't remember them so i just made a new name instead =P calm down! haha.

Top Bottom