• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Seibrik's Smash Bash! South FL, 7/27/06

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Well, I'll talk to Seibrik about it and see what he wants to do. The only thing is, if we take the Nexus tournament as an example, doubles lasted a while, and then a lot of people didn't want to play singles afterwards...

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
I'll see If I can come to this... things right now look as a possibility... but not sure. SmashMac may have to work that day.... and if we are to go.... hopefully we can get some housing....

FlowinWater

Smash Champion
*****ES I am goin to this, I don't know how yet but I am going!
Also I can bring a Cube and TV no prob, and this time I won't forget the connection cables for the VCR :mad:

Mave you goin to this? If ya Don't I need a team partner! XIF you goin? We teaming if you don't have a teammate!

HOLLA

FlowinWater

Smash Champion
Sorry XIF, seems Mave is comming after all!

So if you guys are not doin pools I guess the tourney should FLY! depends how many people show up to, so 6-7 hours should be enough. Also how many TVs are there, Aslo if you have VCRs and Blank tapes please bring em I will put the matches up online no problem! Can't wait for this mang!

HOLLA

lavagolem123

Smash Journeyman
Sorry To Tell You This Man...

Hey, sorry man. I have no ride now. All my friends bailed on me, and only 1 guy said that his brother *might* be able to take him, highly unlikely though. The main problem is, the long trip, so maybe some other day. I believe there is something going on at FIU though, and my brother was gonna go to the campus tour the day of the tourney, sooooo......Maybe I have a shot at that. Couldn't reach you on AIM due to connection problems. Again, sorry man. Happy birthday though(It's the least I could do v_v). Enjoy, and good luck.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Yea, same for me. I don't think I'll be able to attend this tourney, SmashMac is my ride and he has to work thursday. Plus I have to go somewhere anyways for a church event. Good Luck everyone, I'll be waiting for the vids :laugh:.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
That'd be much better than at Outlan.
"Dude, you got here late? That sucks. How far is the drive?"
"I live pretty much down the block."
"...o.o,"
XD

@ Flowin: There are 2 televisions there all the time, so we only need two more of those. (4 or 5 for the tournament, and extra for friendlies.)

@ tay: Since you're off, that means you're going, right?

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
NickRiddle and Seibrik Presents:

Seibrik’s Smash Bash

Hey all, it’s Seibrik and Nicholas.Riddle. Its Seibrik’s birthday July 21st and we figured what better way to celebrate your birthday than with a SSBM tournament, so here it is!

Date:
July 27th 2006

Address: 1788 NE 163rd Street. N. Miami Beach 33162

Telephone:

(786)-436-5990 (ask for Seibrik)

Time:
Store opens at 12 PM
Registration for singles at 12:30 PM
Singles starts at 1-1:30PM
Doubles/LowTier at ?????

Btw, the store closes at 9, thats the only reason im not sure if we can do both.

Food:
Theres a checkers right across the street, Burger king down one way of the street, taco bell down the other. The store itself also sells snacks and beverages.

MONEY

Entrance fee: $5.00
Singles: $15.00
*Doubles (If happening): $20.00/per team.
*Low Tier Singles (If happening): $10.00

[*Vote for what you want. If we have time, chances for both. If not we will be holding a vote here, as well as at the tournament, for whether we should hold Doubles or a Singles, Low Tier tourney.-According to the newly updated Tier List-]
Low Tier:
Link
Luigi
Donkey Kong
Roy
Young Link
Pikachu

Bottom Tier:
Yoshi
Zelda
Mr. Game and Watch
Ness
Bowser
Kirby
Pichu
Mewtwo

Pot:

Singles
1st: 70%
2nd: 20%
3rd: 10%

Doubles/Low Tier
1st: 60%
2nd: 40%

RULES

1. 4 stock, 8 minute time limit
2. Singles and doubles both best of 3, semi finals and finals are best of 5.
3.DOUBLE ELIMINATION Brackets only.
3. No Items, Duh.

4. The first round stage will be selected at random unless both players/teams agree on it.
5. Singles random select stages: Final Destination, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium
6. Doubles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Rainbow Cruise, Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium, Brinstar, DK64
7. Stages not listed on the random select list that are not banned are open for counter picks by the losing player.

9. Stages banned for Doubles Only: Fountain of Dreams and Mute City
10. Stages banned for Singles & Doubles: Yoshi’s Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach’s Castle, Kongo Jungle, and Onett. (no fox gays plz kthxbye), and Mushroom Kingdom 2, and Great bay.
11. For the first game of a match, a player may call for a double-blind pick.

12. After characters have been selected for the first game, each player/team may choose one stage from the available tournament list that won’t be used during the match.
13. After each game of a match, the player who lost the previous game may choose the stage for the next game or elect for it to be chosen randomly. After the stage has been selected, the winner of the previous game may change characters. After the winner has chosen their character, the loser of the previous game may change characters.

DSR (Daves Stupid Rule), Pretty much, you cant use a level twice in one round, regardless of if its random.

Additional Rules
1. Any unnecessary pausing of the game will result in a forfeit of that single game.
2. Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the game or makes it unable to be finished are banned and will result in the immediate forfeit of the entire match.
3. Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. If by using one of these tactics, you have put your character in a place to lose a stock by ending the tactic, a judge may force you to stop and lose a life and continue the match short a stock.
4. For Doubles matches, Team Attack is ON
5. For Doubles matches, life stealing is allowed

Controllers
BYOC
1. You are responsible for bringing your own controller.
2. Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. Tournament staff may randomly inspect any controller at their discretion. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be immediately disqualified from the tournament.
3. Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.

Estimated Singles Pot: $525.00 (No maybes.)
$765.00 (All maybes.)

ATTENDANCE:
1. Seibrik
2. Nicholas.Riddle
3. Esam
4. Gringo
5. Sighrax
6. Lex
7. Kitsune
8. VJoe
9. Lime x Fury
10. Odie
11. Bryann
12. Tom
13. Next
14. LambChops
15. Xif
16. GrayFox
17. DooDah
18. Raven
19. Baby (Gringo's lil bro)
20. Gangsta66
21. Maverick
22. JuggernaughtB
23. KingNautilus
24. SheikIsFast
25. Don
26. Shoshone
27. RokoEpsilon
28. Steve
29. Jimmy
30. Ronnie
31. Seraph
32. Slynkee
33. Knif
34. LivingLegend (On time...XD)
35. Tay

Maybes:
1. SmashMac
2. CaliburChamp
3. Equi
4. DaShizWiz.
5. DewDaDash
6. SheikSSBM
7. Wes Jr.
8. George
9. Timmy
10. Raul
11. Syk0
12. RegX
13. SheikFreak
14. Superryan
15. CSX
16. Ic3

Btw: We need Gamecubes and Televisions. We need about 4 cubes and two t.v.’s. You will get free door fee apon bringing them. Lets get a list going.
Gamcubes:
1. Lex
2. Kitsune
3. Gringo
4. Lime x Fury
5. Flowin

T.v.:
1. Lime x Fury
2. Flowin

Low Tier Vs. Doubles

Low Tier
1. Esam
2. Gangsta66
3. Lime x Fury
4. Shoshone

Doubles
1. Vjoe
2. Gringo
3. NickRiddle
4. Baby
5. Lex
6. Xif
7. Maverick
8. Gray Fox
9. Kitsune
10. Ronnie
11. Slynkee

Since Seibrik is out of town, I'm going to be updating on this page for a while. ^_^

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Dang... I wish I could go.... lol but I had some fun about 2 days ago. Hopefully that makes up for this tournament >_>.

Sighrax

Smash Lord
I'll MM you Esam, unless, you know, you learned your lesson :)
Gotta rep. the Florida Falcon crew aka me and derf.

This should be a fun tourney nukkas.

Also, Flowin, can I HOLLA or no?

Sighrax

Smash Lord
I would only be able to MM if it's before 5:15 PM. I have to get to class at 6 back in Boca. I'm only going because Singles is first.

Then why would you MM me Nick? Anyway, Esam, 10 bucks?
Nick 5?

Lex, dunno if I'll be able to do teams if singles doesn't go by really smooth and quick. Sorry:(

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
NickRiddle and Seibrik Presents:

Seibrik’s Smash Bash

Hey all, it’s Seibrik and Nicholas.Riddle. Its Seibrik’s birthday July 21st and we figured what better way to celebrate your birthday than with a SSBM tournament, so here it is!

Date:
July 27th 2006

Address: 1788 NE 163rd Street. N. Miami Beach 33162

Telephone:

(786)-436-5990 (ask for Seibrik)

Time:
Store opens at 12 PM
Registration for singles at 12:30 PM
Singles starts at 1-1:30PM
Doubles/LowTier at ?????

Btw, the store closes at 9, thats the only reason im not sure if we can do both.

Food:
Theres a checkers right across the street, Burger king down one way of the street, taco bell down the other. The store itself also sells snacks and beverages.

MONEY

Entrance fee: $5.00
Singles: $15.00
*Doubles (If happening): $20.00/per team.
*Low Tier Singles (If happening): $10.00

[*Vote for what you want. If we have time, chances for both. If not we will be holding a vote here, as well as at the tournament, for whether we should hold Doubles or a Singles, Low Tier tourney.-According to the newly updated Tier List-]
Low Tier:
Link
Luigi
Donkey Kong
Roy
Young Link
Pikachu

Bottom Tier:
Yoshi
Zelda
Mr. Game and Watch
Ness
Bowser
Kirby
Pichu
Mewtwo

Pot:

Singles
1st: 70%
2nd: 20%
3rd: 10%

Doubles/Low Tier
1st: 60%
2nd: 40%

RULES

1. 4 stock, 8 minute time limit
2. Singles and doubles both best of 3, semi finals and finals are best of 5.
3.DOUBLE ELIMINATION Brackets only.
3. No Items, Duh.

4. The first round stage will be selected at random unless both players/teams agree on it.
5. Singles random select stages: Final Destination, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium
6. Doubles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Rainbow Cruise, Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium, Brinstar, DK64
7. Stages not listed on the random select list that are not banned are open for counter picks by the losing player.

9. Stages banned for Doubles Only: Fountain of Dreams and Mute City
10. Stages banned for Singles & Doubles: Yoshi’s Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach’s Castle, Kongo Jungle, and Onett. (no fox gays plz kthxbye), and Mushroom Kingdom 2, and Great bay.
11. For the first game of a match, a player may call for a double-blind pick.

12. After characters have been selected for the first game, each player/team may choose one stage from the available tournament list that won’t be used during the match.
13. After each game of a match, the player who lost the previous game may choose the stage for the next game or elect for it to be chosen randomly. After the stage has been selected, the winner of the previous game may change characters. After the winner has chosen their character, the loser of the previous game may change characters.

DSR (Daves Stupid Rule), Pretty much, you cant use a level twice in one round, regardless of if its random.

Additional Rules
1. Any unnecessary pausing of the game will result in a forfeit of that single game.
2. Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the game or makes it unable to be finished are banned and will result in the immediate forfeit of the entire match.
3. Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. If by using one of these tactics, you have put your character in a place to lose a stock by ending the tactic, a judge may force you to stop and lose a life and continue the match short a stock.
4. For Doubles matches, Team Attack is ON
5. For Doubles matches, life stealing is allowed

Controllers
BYOC
1. You are responsible for bringing your own controller.
2. Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. Tournament staff may randomly inspect any controller at their discretion. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be immediately disqualified from the tournament.
3. Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.

Estimated Singles Pot: $540.00 (No maybes.)
$705.00 (All maybes.)

ATTENDANCE:
1. Seibrik
2. Nicholas.Riddle
3. Esam
4. Gringo
5. Sighrax
6. Lex
7. VJoe
8. Lime x Fury
9. Odie
10. Bryann
11. Tom
12. Next
13. LambChops
14. Xif
15. GrayFox
16. DooDah
17. Raven
18. Baby (Gringo's lil bro)
19. Gangsta66
20. Maverick
21. JuggernaughtB
22. KingNautilus
23. SheikIsFast
24. Don
25. Shoshone
26. RokoEpsilon
27. Steve
28. Jimmy
29. Ronnie
30. Seraph
31. Slynkee
32. Knif
33. LivingLegend (On time...XD)
34. Tay
35. C.S.X.
36. IC3

Maybes:
1. CaliburChamp
2. Equi
3. DewDaDash
4. Wes Jr.
5. George
6. Timmy
7. Raul
8. Syk0
9. RegX
10. SheikFreak
11. Superryan

Btw: We need Gamecubes and Televisions. We need about 4 cubes and two t.v.’s. You will get free door fee apon bringing them. Lets get a list going.
Gamcubes:
1. Lex
2. Kitsune
3. Gringo
4. Lime x Fury
5. Flowin

T.v.:
1. Lime x Fury
2. Flowin

Low Tier Vs. Doubles

Low Tier
1. Esam
2. Gangsta66
3. Lime x Fury
4. Shoshone

Doubles
1. Vjoe
2. Gringo
3. NickRiddle
4. Baby
5. Lex
6. Xif
7. Maverick
8. Gray Fox
9. Kitsune
10. Ronnie
11. Slynkee

tay

Smash Cadet
well i can bring a cube and tv so hit me up with and email at:bro_man_5th_flow@yahoo.com just lemme know how early u want me to be there to get it hooked up n stuff

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Umm, I believe we have enough televisions/gamecubes...I'll talk to Seibrik later today to see if you should bring yours, then I'll E-mail you about it afterwards.

C.S.X.

Smash Cadet
I can actually make this lol see everybody there...its my one day off out of the week woot wooooot!

Sighrax

Smash Lord
Alright, Nick I'll do 10 for you and Esam 5 if you want. Or both 5.

Maybe I can falcon punch CSX back into retirement >:]

:cry:

Top Bottom