• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Senate Sponsored: SWF Suggestion Box (No smiley suggestions!)

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Being able to search your PM box or at least filter by recipient/sender or something would be so great.
One temporary solution is to download all your PMs to a .txt file and search that.

A bit off-topic, but is there any significance to the 34.2 KB file size limit on avatars? Seems like a random number.

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
Sorry Jungle lol. >.<

Mines are mainly about the social groups. Is it possible to...

- Let social group owners have the ability to change the title of a "discussion". Right now it's only possible to change your own one and not others.

- Let social group owners be able to edit posts within the group.

- Social group owners cannot "undelete" deleted discussions. The only way to do that is to get an IBWC member or mod to undelete it.

- Some BB codes like [size],
  • etc are "not allowed" in social groups, why?

- IF animated avatars are allowed, I hope in Smash Mobile they don't show up. My phone is already slow as it is lol.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
I dont know if suggestions on the mobile site are welcome here but here it goes.

Allow mobile site to subribe and rate threads.
Have an icon that shows that they are using the Mobile site.....

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
If Smash developers don't have their own color, then at least let us SHARE our color with Smash Researchers or something. Getting gRAPE or something back would be nice, but if that's too much to ask then Researcher Cyan would be fine. The general ideas for developers/researchers aren't tremendously different as-is, so why not let us share their color if we can't have one of our own? It's not really fair that we're the only real group without colors.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
-add the option to hide the "my awards" tab
(User CP -> Display Options)
Is that really an issue? It's the tab that's the furthest on the right, takes up what would be just empty space and I'd wager the majority either don't have awards/don't know it exists.

and put someone else in charge of the DR or something, it's practically dead
It's one of the most active rooms on the boards.

When you press the Search button on SWF mobile on an iphone, then press "Posts" instead of "Threads", the next letter you type autohides the search box and forces you to repress it. Fixing that bug would be nice :)
I'll bring this up to the Devs, see if they can slightly jiggle it around or something, though Amo who made the skin isn't around anymore :c

I'm not too up-to-date on the permissions/coding of Social Groups, but I'll answer what I can.
Mines are mainly about the social groups. Is it possible to...

- Let social group owners have the ability to change the title of a "discussion". Right now it's only possible to change your own one and not others.

- Let social group owners be able to edit posts within the group.

More than likely these either aren't possible or just won't be enabled if it is. They sound like Moderator level abilities, and could be easily be abused to troll people in the groups.

- Social group owners cannot "undelete" deleted discussions. The only way to do that is to get an IBWC member or mod to undelete it.

Sounds like another mod level tool, though I would have thought the same would have been for the ability to delete discussions in the first place.

- Some BB codes like [size],
  • etc are "not allowed" in social groups, why?

No clue, sorry. :c

• I dont know if suggestions on the mobile site are welcome here but here it goes.

Allow mobile site to subribe and rate threads.
    Have an icon that shows that they are using the Mobile site.....
    As for that last one, we have the :phone: smiley that you can just add to your Mobile posts. :phone:

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
Likewise, if you have feedback but its something there is already a topic about (like our new tournament system ) it is best to at least try to use that topic first before brining up here.
Threadcromancied that several months ago. Never got a response.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=11811094#post11811094

EDIT: stuff that's already been suggested that i felt like commenting on
so in short I'm requesting that every user should have access to a larger (colour) variety of skins
seconded

-Avatars: allow users to use bigger avatars.
meh. 100x100 is perfectly fine tbh, yall are just spoiled by other sites...

-Give users the power to embed media (YT, vimeo, etc).
thisthisthisthis

And for the love of God please don't give autoplay if you give members [yt] tags. Please don't lest it becomes and abomination
ten times this

Gif avatars. Pretty much every other forum has them.
oh for the love of god no

60 second search limit. Bring it back down to 30 or something because it is awful.
(Bold to get attention) Personally I think that there should be no time constraint (or a small one) after the first search, but 60 seconds after the second and every one following. That way, the whole "dammit, im searching by thread and not by post" thing isnt a factor, but you still cant flood the server with searches.

I would love to see the global rules updated so that legal homebrew/jailbreaking discussion is actually allowed.
+1 to clarity on hacking rules

THAT'S NOT JUST ME???
i rofl'd

Certain usergroup colors were scrapped to reduce the rainbow that was seemingly overtaking the site. There were simply too many colors, and the recent ones that were scrapped were for either very minor groups or those that used to be a bigger deal, but now simply do not have any purpose to having a color.
aww, i liked the rainbow

AFAIK larger avatars & animated avatars were vetoed to cut down on page loading times, but we can look at it again.
please say no to animated avvis

Uhh you already can.

[collapse=page stretch again]
that allows you to search by poster or subject...not the main content of the posts
while for the most part thatll probably be ok, having full search capacity would be cool

If Smash developers don't have their own color, then at least let us SHARE our color with Smash Researchers or something. Getting gRAPE or something back would be nice, but if that's too much to ask then Researcher Cyan would be fine. The general ideas for developers/researchers aren't tremendously different as-is, so why not let us share their color if we can't have one of our own? It's not really fair that we're the only real group without colors.
this x1000000[/collapse]

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Since opposing [yt] tags seems sort of hopeless at this point, I'd like the option to turn them all into regular links.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Actually, just thought of it, could we get an increase to Posts Per Page? 40 is cool, but I myself would like more. Why? Eh, just because. Gives me less pages I would have to go clicking through.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Actually, just thought of it, could we get an increase to Posts Per Page? 40 is cool, but I myself would like more. Why? Eh, just because. Gives me less pages I would have to go clicking through.
How many did you have in mind?

D

Deleted member

100 is terrible (although there's nothing against adding it to the list). I wouldn't mind having 50 though

D

Deleted member

so you want an option to turn stuff people put in [yt] tags back into links?
while I can see that as a handy function for mobile (add images too then), I (and a lot more people given the support for wider use of the [yt] tags) find embedding just way more convenient. the only issue is the autoplay feature but I'm sure the devs can disable that

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
so you want an option to turn stuff people put in [yt] tags back into links?
while I can see that as a handy function for mobile (add images too then), I (and a lot more people given the support for wider use of the [yt] tags) find embedding just way more convenient. the only issue is the autoplay feature but I'm sure the devs can disable that
Embedded videos, like large images, can slown you down on a slow connection even if the video isn't playing.

While I do agree with you that embedding is more convenient, I can definitely see why someone would want an option to turn the videos into links.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
We're going to keep avatars how they are (100x100). We all decided anything bigger simply looks bloated and unnecessary.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Certain usergroup colors were scrapped to reduce the rainbow that was seemingly overtaking the site. There were simply too many colors, and the recent ones that were scrapped were for either very minor groups or those that used to be a bigger deal, but now simply do not have any purpose to having a color.
I actually liked having a variety of usergroup colors, I would have supported even more.

I get the impression that the majority of SWF liked having more colors as well, and only the higher-ups weren't fans of it.

I mean I could be wrong.

D

Deleted member

I had no issues with multiple user-group colors, personally.

Also, please keep the avatar size to 100x100. It looks fine just the way it is.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I really enjoyed seeing the rainbow on my screen every time I logged onto Smashboards. Makes the site more colorful compared to the blue, black, and more blue skins. Just my opinion though.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
as i said before (in the collapse, read it if you havent :p) i was also a fan of the rainbow

i liked how so many different people that may not be internet important but still contributed to the site in some way still got recognized

cuz seriously, postbits are cool and all, i love the silver gear, but that sort of thing isnt really recognized unless you have like 12 of them

and the people who have a row and a half of postbits are inevitably the people who would have a pick between the same purple twice, bright green, yellow, or light pink anyway (if they werent a mod and forced to go with red (at least, theyd be red, if they werent forced to stay with that dull bold italicized gray because theyre an admin as well))

not to mention being able to change the formatting and color of the information below their names

/totally not biased by the loss of gRape

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I cried at small avatars

I really couldn't care less about username colors, to be honest. It doesn't affect my Smashboards Experience (tm).

Brookman

Smash Hero
Bring the RPG back. I loved that thing.

edit: my avatar is 75x75 and I never felt like it was too small. Of course, by comparison now . . .

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
I also liked the multicolor'd smashboards. I can't imagine it was hurting anything.
This site's too monocolor already!

Also we kept debator and scrapped actually smash-related colors :laugh:

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
The main reason for the removal of colours was two-fold

1) People had no idea what they were for. Why's that guy blue? That guy looks sorta red, is he a mod? Not to mention that some we're stupid easy to get (T.O. Blue) or completely redundant (Pokemasters Usergroup) We removed most in favour of postbit icons.

2) We gained the ability to upload and add new postbit icons.

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
So rather than rework a system that could've benefitted a website literally based on finding and running tournaments, it was scrapped because the person that looked over entrants didn't give two craps who counted as a TO and who didn't?

I guess the Ruleset Committee uses the color better anyway though.

Edit: I understand that the point of T.O. Blue initially was just to give anyone who wanted to plan something access to the calender, but it could've been so much more, rather than getting pitched once the calender became linked with making a tournament thread.

I don't feel like either reason was strong enough to ditch colors though.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
100x100 is pretty standard nowadays. So are gif avatars. I don't see what people have against animated avatars.

I personally don't care about the removal of colors because I've never landed any of them other than Disco Room eye-cancer green.

I think all of SWF could benefit from me having a purple postbit though. Xiivi is being really slow on giving me this.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455

1) People had no idea what they were for. Why's that guy blue? That guy looks sorta red, is he a mod? Not to mention that some we're stupid easy to get (T.O. Blue) or completely redundant (Pokemasters Usergroup) We removed most in favour of postbit icons.

2) We gained the ability to upload and add new postbit icons.
This doesn't address the loss of gRAPE though. :<

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
A changelist for the global rules would be nice.

Am I the only one who sees the hypocrisy of this? Instead of a colored name, I see users with two full rows of postbit icons, which could literally be a rainbow. I disable most of mine.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Can you give reasoning as to why it'd be something worth looking into implementing?

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I just assumed that since you can hide most of the other tabs, you'd want to be able to hide that too.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Well, I'd say people questioning where said colors are from and how they got it only adds interest to the user group. But, of course, postbits can have the same effect.

But I also suggested a set of default colors that doesn't need any work of getting, but that you are awarded just for choosing to be a member of this site, and not another.

The reason I like the colors was because it gave a sense of individualism and uniqueness to the user that a postbit doesn't really provide. Many felt like giving some sort of uniformity to their user display panel as well (orange name, orange avatar, orange sig).

I'm not saying recreate, or make more user groups. I was just asking for more options.

But I was only going to mention it once. Seems there's more interest in it than I thought.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I haven't seen anyone going "man I really want to have [postbit x]" like we'd see with the colors.

It was just a neat thing for everyone to work for.

Top Bottom