• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Senate Sponsored: SWF Suggestion Box (No smiley suggestions!)

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Deleting your posts won't happen because members would flame and other things and then delete their posts.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Everytime I get an alert for this thread, I think there might be a post worth responding to. Can we stop asking for bad and stupid emotes in this thread?

Substitute is cool. Even Sakurai is cool.

You know what isn't cool?

Optizard, suicide.gif and whatever the hell that is in the post above.

Kadano

Magical Express
Then let me restate my request: Please add gfycat integration to the site! There is a XenForo plugin for it, so it shouldn’t be much work.
.gifs are often used here for in-game scenes, and gfycats with their flexible play speed would work much better and put way less strain on mobile users.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
So I don't know if this has been suggested or not, but I realized the other day it would be cool to sort through someone's posts by how many likes they've received, or how many times they were quoted, or other parameters.

Specifically, I was wondering what my most liked post was and realized that could be a pretty cool functionality.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I'm using the Tourmaline theme, and when I log out, the theme changes to the default Smashboards Dark. How come it doesn't "save" the theme when I log out? There's another forum I'm a part of which doesn't change the theme (maybe it's because they use a different server?) The problem is, when I stare at the theme I'm using, and I log out for whatever reason, it does give a shock to my eyes, due to going from light --> dark. I don't mean to come off as complaining (it's my fault because it's probably due to my sensitive eyes), but I'm just curious if there is a way for the theme to not change upon logging out.
I hope I'm not being annoying re-posting this... but I'd appreciate an answer as to why it doesn't save. I'm just curious.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
So I don't know if this has been suggested or not, but I realized the other day it would be cool to sort through someone's posts by how many likes they've received, or how many times they were quoted, or other parameters.

Specifically, I was wondering what my most liked post was and realized that could be a pretty cool functionality.
We don't want likes to become any more of a popularity contest than they already are.

I hope I'm not being annoying re-posting this... but I'd appreciate an answer as to why it doesn't save. I'm just curious.
This is just how XenForo handles theme settings I'm afraid

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
We don't want likes to become any more of a popularity contest than they already are.
That's fair, but I'd argue that sorting someone's posts by likes would be more of a 'best of' button, and while it won't be super accurate (both because of posts before the like system, and posts in areas with different amounts of traffic) it would be a practical tool to find some of a user's better postings.

The suggestion was more geared towards ways of viewing past posts in some sort of order other than how recent it was posted, so likes is what came to mind. I'm not sure what other measures you could organize them by. I would liken this to reddit, where you can sort someone's comments by upvotes, which fulfills the same purposes. Just an idea I thought was interesting, in no way a necessity to the boards.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Like that one forum that got axed where it was just topics pertaining to school/help in school?

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I just realized the title change to this thread haha and it is gold.

Is there a way to revert the banner above our profile names (on the actual site, like behind the word Smashboards) backto the old one that had a character model from each respective game in the series?? I really liked it

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Doesn't the current banner fill that criteria? It's just not ordered chronologically.
The current banner has Robin, Zero Suit Samus, etc. all in their Smash 4 renders. I liked the previous banner better, where the characters all had their models from their respective game. It's not really a huge irk, just an aesthetic thing

shapular

Smash Ace
Rankings is kind of an organizational mess right now. It's hard to find a lot of useful things. I'd at least like to be able to search for tournaments by the TO and by name (and maybe location). I think there should be a link from a user's profile page to their rankings. There's also no convenient way to see your own rankings. And for the user page, it'd be cool to have some way of sorting by game instead of lumping all the tournaments together. I just saw that there are links to the individual game pages on the side, but they're kind of out of the way and easy to miss. It doesn't necessarily have to be these particular changes, but I hope you guys can find some ways to make all the useful information in the rankings section more accessible.

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
I don't suppose it would be possible to add a commentators listing to the Media? I'm trying to find more work from Dogysamich and some others.

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
If it's possible, I'd like to see custom website background themes. Like, you know how we have Marth on the left, Zelda on the right, those things? What if you could choose a specific character and make that your theme? For example a Diddy Kong theme with a jungle themed background. I'd like to know if this is a project worth doing, please and thank you.

Marthmario

Smash Lord
A few things. With the addition of Shulk, all the character sub categories are messing up on mobile. Also, those video ads are terrible, they freeze up the page on mobile and won't let you scroll even after they disappear. Also, I'm having this issue where I'll be scrolling on mobile and all of a sudden the App Store will open and take me to like FarmVille 2.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
A few things. With the addition of Shulk, all the character sub categories are messing up on mobile. Also, those video ads are terrible, they freeze up the page on mobile and won't let you scroll even after they disappear. Also, I'm having this issue where I'll be scrolling on mobile and all of a sudden the App Store will open and take me to like FarmVille 2.
You should know by now that this whole board is secretly subliminal messaging and promoting you to play Farmville 2

Sykkamorre

Fights using psychology.
NNID
Sykkamor
Sub forums in the online tournament hosting section? Y'know, categorised by game?
Nothing major in the slightest but it would be nice I guess.

Aybee

Smash Rookie
Do anyboy kno of an smash meele tourneys out here in Chicago Il?

Im lookng for torneys wih payout prizes, Chicago Il hitmeup

Last edited by a moderator:

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I'm guessing this is SUPER improbable, but just curious.

How hard would it be to have a color tied to your main? Let's say I play Daisy-colored Peach in Melee. How hard would it be to incorporate a separate dropdown box specifying which color you play? I'm guessing it would be pretty difficult because some characters have more colors than others, and also that locating each sprite for the colorings would be difficult. Not to mention coding them all in. Also the fact that colors aren't consistent for each character (like Bowser not having a pink alt while Luigi does). It'd be cool for everyone to have, but it'd also be a nice extra feature for Premium members. So consider this more of a question than suggestion haha

infomon

Smash Scientist
Do anyboy kno of an smash meele tourneys out here in Chicago Il?

Im lookng for torneys wih payout prizes, Chicago Il hitmeup
This is the wrong thread. Check the regional zones! From smashboards.com go to Forums > Smash Tournaments - Regional Zones > (your region) and find a thread there for your city / area.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Here is the Smash Wii U board's description:

Discuss the general aspects of the game here. Singleplayer modes, gameplay changes, all in here fellas!
Notice how the last word is ruling in only one gender. I would advise a change IMMEDIATELY. :4robinm::substitute::4robinf::4villager:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Also wondering how do you request a sticky for a thread??
Report the post and request one that way.
Here is the Smash Wii U board's description:

Notice how the last word is ruling in only one gender. I would advise a change IMMEDIATELY. :4robinm::substitute::4robinf::4villager:
mmmmmmm

no.

Just because a word is supposedly one gender doesn't mean it can't be applied to both, for example "hey guys" can be directed at a group of individuals of both genders and is not seen as a problem ever.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Report the post and request one that way.

mmmmmmm

no.

Just because a word is supposedly one gender doesn't mean it can't be applied to both, for example "hey guys" can be directed at a group of individuals of both genders and is not seen as a problem ever.
Well that was a fast shootdown.
"fellas" is pertaining to men, though! Words like "guys" is typically referred the same as "gang". The word "man" belongs to "mankind". ie. "Since the beginning of man".

Watch the Three Stooges and you know "fellas" is definitely for men!

infomon

Smash Scientist
My personal feeling is that it leans toward "males", but it is kind of ambiguous.

Since it's ambiguous territory, I think we should respond by changing it, because a complaint/suggestion was received. Why err on the side of being less welcoming?

Just drop the word fellas: "Singleplayer modes, gameplay changes, all in here!"

Top Bottom