• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Senate Sponsored: SWF Suggestion Box (No smiley suggestions!)

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, i'm just ignoring anyone with their color set to something dumb.

already ignored 2 people because of it. :awesome:

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I just thought of something - is it possible to make spoiler tags highlight when your cursor is on it, rather than actually having to highlight the text?

Much like it is on 4chan?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Man, Smash 64 character icons are ugly. Anyway, they're implemented.

ZIO: No idea. That might be a plugin-based thing.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Really? Aaaaaaaaaawwwwwesoooooome.

More Pika go.

Actually, Pikachu/Fox/MK go.

For lulz.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
How fantastic, replacing the rainbow of username titles with a rainbow of postbit icons

Dimitris

Smash Ace
Suggestion:
For forum options: location: besides an open field to enter your city or state, add a postbit flag based on country. Would make identifying peoples location easier.
You know, like this: 'Location: London
'
I know it's relatively easy to find free mini flag icons.
What do you think?

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
So many postbit icons.

If stuff like that keeps getting added, that option for hiding individual postbit icons might be necessary.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Man, Smash 64 character icons are ugly. Anyway, they're implemented.

ZIO: No idea. That might be a plugin-based thing.
These are probably the coolest addition! Ankoku, you're the one behind these new little features, right?

Thank you so much for everything. :bee:

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Did the 64 character post-bits have to be 8-bit quality? >_>

Not that I'm not appreciative, thank you.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Is it possible to increase the number of pictures per post? Just to the bare minimum of number of moves a character would have. It would be nice to have the ability to put together hitbox gifs and be able to post all of a characters moves in 1 post.

5 aerials
7 throw actions (4 throws plus pummel, grab and dash grab)
4 specials
3 smash attacks
3 tilts(often times ftilt has mid hi and low totalling 5)
3 standard (jab, rapid jab, dash attack)
3 situational(getup atack +2 ledge attacks)

if possible id like to see a max of 40 pics per post, or no limit...within reason.

there are several other things id like to use gifs to show case, but as of now I believe it can be done in 30.

edit: also just realized things like rolls, side steps, and air dodges are worth showing as well.

:phone:

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I just thought of something - is it possible to make spoiler tags highlight when your cursor is on it, rather than actually having to highlight the text?

Much like it is on 4chan?
I don't see that being a great idea, because if you accidently mouse over it, like if it was in the middle of the page and you scrolled down and whoops, bam, you're spoiled. With having to highlight it there's no accidental spoilerfication.

Did the 64 character post-bits have to be 8-bit quality? >_>
That's what the direct rips are. All the icons are the original quality.

Is it possible to increase the number of pictures per post? Just to the bare minimum of number of moves a character would have. It would be nice to have the ability to put together hitbox gifs and be able to post all of a characters moves in 1 post.

5 aerials
7 throw actions (4 throws plus pummel, grab and dash grab)
4 specials
3 smash attacks
3 tilts(often times ftilt has mid hi and low totalling 5)
3 standard (jab, rapid jab, dash attack)
3 situational(getup atack +2 ledge attacks)

if possible id like to see a max of 40 pics per post, or no limit...within reason.

there are several other things id like to use gifs to show case, but as of now I believe it can be done in 30.
We probably won't, because we've had issues with people using the full 10,000 char limit of apost to contain images, so you have a few thousand giant abnoxious images. I'll bring it up and see what comes of it, but I dunno how large we'd make it (What's the current limit anyway?)

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I don't see that being a great idea, because if you accidently mouse over it, like if it was in the middle of the page and you scrolled down and whoops, bam, you're spoiled. With having to highlight it there's no accidental spoilerfication.
Could we compromise and make it so simply clicking the black spoiler block removes the spoiler?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
What advantage does it bring over having to highlight? Considering it means we need to find, download (and posibly get MLG to install) the plugin

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I was told that the character count is 10K, and a maximum of 20 images per post. Collapse boxes dont affect character count. So its not possible to fill up the page with thousands of images, at least to my knowledge.

Basically I just want to do a thread, and I wanted each move to have a gif so that the hitboxes/hurtboxes/frame data can be shown. After counting it seems that each character on a very basic level has 33 actions that people would actually care about knowing. not including jumps or ledge actions.

I just figured if somebody was gonna be a **** and post images they still could because the current max is big enough to allow that, but not large enough to be completely useful. unlimited may be a bit risky because I could see somebody possibly crashing the server doing something like that. but 35-40 images per post isnt too much different from 20 in terms of being annoying, but it makes a world of a difference in terms of being useful.

edit:
as far as the spoiler tag thing, you should be able to just triple click somewhere in the box to reveal the entire thing.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
If I may make a recommendation, Fireblaster is doing a similar thing that you are attempting to do here (for smash 64).

As you can see he used a table and a link to each move. This bypasses the maximum images allowance effectively and avoids cluttering the page with so many images.

Just a suggestion.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
yea I know how to get around it, but I feel as if I shouldn't have to. plus im trying to present the data in a certain format.

the image limit is just to low to successfully post all of a characters actions in an OP.

so if unlimited is too much of a risk, id like to see the number doubled to 40 pics per post

:phone:

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
How can you let one person or the threat of one person stop you from changing a feature that will help people in many parts of the boards? You have moderators for a reason.....

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I don't know. Something about not having to highlight spoilers just makes things better. I usually find myself ignoring spoilers here just because I have to highlight.

Lazy fingers i guess lol

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Could we get "Edit Avatar" added to the dropdown Quick Links thing on the classic skin and its permutations?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Quick Links can't be modified, but I can implement showing the avatar in the navbar area like it does for Revolution, if you want.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Can the hotkey for posting (alt+s) be set for the hotkey to update an edit while in quick edit? I often avoid double posting by quick editing in a 2nd post's worth of content only to lose it when i alt+s and the page changes.

An alternative would be to not allow alt+s to change the page if the quick post text field is empty (via javascript popup or something).

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I think it would be really cool if the "Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread" was sort of "live" and updated itself when people start/stop looking at the thread.

Jonkku

Lacks pick-up lines.
This post and the few ones after it reminded me to ask this;

Could the collapse-tags finally be added to the toolbar's buttons, to above the posts.

BSP

Smash Legend
I can give my namechanges to other members right?

Crud, thought this was the Premium thread lol

Top Bottom