• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Senate Sponsored: SWF Suggestion Box (No smiley suggestions!)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I don't think we can, pretty sure it's a technical limitation :urg:

D

Deleted member

Not sure if this was brought up yet, but would it be possible to have an option in the User CP to set a text color to our posts, rather than having to enter the HTML every time?

D

Deleted member

It's possible, but I hope it never happens.
Why is that? It's only an option, after all.

To counteract that, also give users the option to make all posts appear in the default text color.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
If people really feel that strongly about it, I'll look into how it can be implemented.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I'd probably use it if I had the option to. I just always forget to add color to my text...

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I'd probably be a **** and make my text an annoying color just like other people do and make all posts I see the default

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Can we PLEASE get something where the option to show the ignored person's posts goes away? I swear to God ignoring someone doesn't actually work if there's an option to show that just tempts you to click it and it's starting to get extremely annoying >_>
Implemented complete hiding of ignored posts. Let me know how things go.

Discussion on custom post colors option ongoing.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
It's possible, but I hope it never happens.
This is my exact opinion as well.

Custom colors have a high potential to be extremely annoying. I remember a day where people were outright flamed for using alternate colors, here on smashboards and other places as well. There are a select few people who choose to color all of their posts, and the minor effort they put forth to do such makes their posts automatically distinguished. For example there is a poster in the melee boards who uses a certain color and i know i can automatically skip anything in that color because its going to be garbage.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Then maybe there should be the option to view all posts in white in the User CP, as there is the options to view signatures and avatars.

Simple solutions.

Besides - the folks who post in color do so anyway. Whether the option is added or not will not effect the number of users dramatically. Plus, a little bit of editing to the Global Rules can help keep the annoyances to a minimum.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Maybe for "Smash Character" profile option, there'd be an option for a headshot of each character from each game? Melee Falco is completely different than Brawl Falco, for example.
Sorry about the wait. Melee character has been implemented.

D

Deleted member

implementing a "make posts normal colour" thing shouldn't be too hard (something like .alt1{color:inherit;} as CSS) but I have no clue how easy it is to tie CSS to a userCP option.

really I don't see much against adding this

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'd like a purple postbit like Ankoku's.

Also, transparency on avatars in VMs and groups.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Its hard to argue against it, but I think its a really bad idea. As soon as it happens the boards are going to be a bloody mess of colors, especially in the brawl sections and melee discussion (i suppose it doesnt effect me as much since i always avoid those areas). Most colors make reading the text unbearable.

My problem is that there are some colors i always read (like teczero and jungle) and some i will skim (rhan) and some i'll straight up ignore half the time (kaostar :p:p:p:p:p). An easy example is I don't want to have to ignore everyone's color, i only want to use the color to readily skim the page.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
implementing a "make posts normal colour" thing shouldn't be too hard (something like .alt1{color:inherit;} as CSS) but I have no clue how easy it is to tie CSS to a userCP option.

really I don't see much against adding this
Perhaps something to also change the font style to default as well?

D

Deleted member

that would be the same line with color changed to font or fontstyle

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
If you were to force a portion of the SWF community to disable all the color, what would happen to posts that use font and color to display their message?

examples:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=288061
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=247119
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=97603

Basically, any legitimate use of fonts and colors would be lost. If there is a choice between giving a portion of the community the ability to do fonts and colors easily to make their posts stand out from the rest of the dredge or to allow a portion of the community to use fonts and colors to make important posts more readable and/or viewable, then i think the latter should happen. The purpose of fonts and colors on the site wasn't for continuous full post use, but rather sparse usage to help with the message of a post.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
At first I thought "well none of those posts require color and that last link doesn't even use color tags" and then I thought "oh wait you're arguing against a feature that no one proposed"

D

Deleted member

it doesn't work like that.

the disable colours line I gave specifically disables the colours as they will be set in the userCP, since that is a colouring that applies to the entire post field, while all other colours are inline colours and thus will not be affected.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I have a pretty good idea of how to implement it as well as making enabling/disabling colors only affecting user-selected all-color, but again, it's out of my hands until the rest of the Senate weighs in on whether it's something worth putting in or not.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Would it be possible to fix the Smash Artist usergroup?

With all of the changes to the usergroups, it looks like it got the axe.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Here's a good idea. I know other people want to see it/see it come back, and it's been seemingly ignored so far.

Chat/Friend Finder.
It's been a few years.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Is it possible to let users choose which special status postbit they want to show/hide instead of showing or hiding them all as it is now? For example I'd like to hide the Premium postbit but not the Ambigutor.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Didn't know it was there. Just moved it now.

Is it possible to let users choose which special status postbit they want to show/hide instead of showing or hiding them all as it is now? For example I'd like to hide the Premium postbit but not the Ambigutor.
Not sure, might be a technical thing.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
thanks mic :)

EDIT:

Is it possible to make the subforums line up? (just 3 sets of subforums are shown but theyre all over the place)

===

Also, with the restructuring the forum jump is a bit unwieldy...is it possible to black out (or even better, gray out) the subforums that we arent allowed to post in directly? (Competitive Brawl Discussion, Brawl In-Depth, etc.)

Nike.

Smash Hero
Any chance of fixing the search engine? Results end on 3-29-11. Makes looking for certain threads or name searches unavailable.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Any chance of fixing the search engine? Results end on 3-29-11. Makes looking for certain threads or name searches unavailable.
MLG's looking into it. We'll let you guys know when we know what's up.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
it is not broken for me using disco blue, check your connection and your browser.

(even using quick edit on this post)

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
No word on an auto-color option, or increased Post Per Page option?

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Can the header & footer of Fluid Revolution be expanded to match the widescreen layout?

Top Bottom