• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sexy Poses!: An In-Depth Move Analysis for Zelda - Move #18-20, 22 Up/Down B, Dash A

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Fujin told me to learn Love Jumps and whatnot on a spiked custom stage. It really works wonders and I pretty much had diagonals learned really quickly. It does take lots of experimentation and doing what works for you.

For example, for Love Drops, when I pointed the joystick diagonally downwards I'd always end up transforming. Eventually I found the method that best works for me (to drop) is to roll the joystick from down to sideways, and I think the upwards diagonal may work similarly too (although I just move the joystick diagonally upwards for those).

I'm rather new to Brawl community in my area, so I'm always up for getting experience in matchups at Smashfests which also helps with improving on Zelda's loltechnical aspects. Unfortunately, Wifi lags me really bad so that's not a viable option to practise.

Just ignore the haters, I guess. Zelda is better than people might think. ;)

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Mocha is like the love jump goddess, we should call it Mocha jump lol
lol that would be neat.

Does anyone know if Nayru's can be DI'd or SDI'd?

I've never had it happen to me, so I'd assume no?
no i don't think you can, which is nice for Zelda. but i have heard Nayru's can clash w/ other attacks.....which i have yet to see myself, but i always hear about it.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
lol that would be neat.

Does anyone know if Nayru's can be DI'd or SDI'd?

I've never had it happen to me, so I'd assume no?
I don't think it can. Also, Nayru's Love knockback isn't all that impressive unless your opponent is at really high percents. Though i imagine that if you ever do get to high percents against a Zelda and you consequently get hit by Nayru's Love and go flying - you'd be able to DI it by DI'ng up, since it usually sends you sideways.

Fujin told me to learn Love Jumps and whatnot on a spiked custom stage. It really works wonders and I pretty much had diagonals learned really quickly. It does take lots of experimentation and doing what works for you.

For example, for Love Drops, when I pointed the joystick diagonally downwards I'd always end up transforming. Eventually I found the method that best works for me (to drop) is to roll the joystick from down to sideways, and I think the upwards diagonal may work similarly too (although I just move the joystick diagonally upwards for those).

I'm rather new to Brawl community in my area, so I'm always up for getting experience in matchups at Smashfests which also helps with improving on Zelda's loltechnical aspects. Unfortunately, Wifi lags me really bad so that's not a viable option to practise.

Just ignore the haters, I guess. Zelda is better than people might think. ;)
Spiked custom stage? Interesting. I should toy around more with custom stages to practice stuff. Also, I don't Love Drop as much as I do the others, but I wonder if there can be a situation where it may actually be useful. I'm usually hesitant about using it against characters with good aerials. I think the last time I used it was on a video where I was fighting Wolf. I tilted the control stick from down to sideways a little, just like you had said, Courier. I did the Love Drop… right into Wolf's up air xD

And yeah, I hope you get plenty of practice and experience in your Smashfests. I recently started doing more offline stuff, especially this year. Before that, I only wifi'd, because it was better than having no one to play with. I must say, as much as wifi sucks and with lag and all, I did learn a lot from it. I'm pretty sure that if I hadn't played a ton of matches before (wifi or not) I wouldn't have come this far right now.

I don't think Zelda is second worst =P

Mocha is like the love jump goddess, we should call it Mocha jump lol

no i don't think you can, which is nice for Zelda. but i have heard Nayru's can clash w/ other attacks.....which i have yet to see myself, but i always hear about it.
Mocha Coffee Jump.

Mmmmm coffee.

I think Nayru's is transcendent though.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Wow I lol'd. Too bad few people have the good
or bad
sense to main Zelda. :p

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
You were right Courier, you do seem to drop a lot faster by doing a Love Drop rather than just fast fall. I was messing around with Love Drops some more today just for fun, and found that she seems to drop faster by Love Dropping downwards and slightly to the side, than directly downwards, though I could be wrong.

But yeah guys, case in point: Nayru's Love as a reflector has to be used carefully because of the long cooldown, Nayru's Love as an attack is a decent mix up from using d-smash but don't overdo it especially if you're getting shield grabbed or punished a lot, and then finally, Nayru's Love as a jump is viable, but again, be comfortable with when to use it and how. If you don't like Love Jump that's fine, it can be regarded as a personal preference more than anything. I find it useful in situations, but different things work for different people.

AyatoK26

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kaminakid
Pretty much what Mocha said.

Nayru's for when d-smash isn't going to cover you from behind quick enough along with the love jumps/drops and whatnot. And if you can somehow abuse the IF of Nayru's, then all the power to you.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Timing is the exact same as "Mocha's Jump". Instead of pressing jump, you press down or diagonally. For me though, pressing diagonal makes me transform so I roll the analog from down to sideways then press B.

Practise on a spiked stage.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
spike stage practice is good for learning it, i was getting the hang of diagnal Mocha jump is minutes, although i still fub and upB or transform 60% of the time though

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Yep, what Courier said. Downwards + slightly to the side helps avoid using Transform by accident. I personally don't find the Love Drop (Or Mocha Drop lol, I have a hard time getting used to this xD) as useful as the Love Jump. I'm sure some use could be made from it though. Perhaps if an opponent is approaching you from above and you want to drop to the ground as fast as possible? MK comes to mind here, but he's so fast :x

Good job on getting the hang of the diagonal jumps, JigglyZelda! Yeah it's tricky stuff. Speaking of transform, I'm sure you guys know you can do the Transform Jump too, with both Sheik and Zelda, and it's useful if you accidentally switch to Sheik and need to find a good opportunity to switch back. I remember SinkingHigher was so pro at this =o

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
personally i find jumping morph to work better as Sheik than as Zelda(for some reason stupid Zelda won't go up while morphing for me.....***)

i will be trying to get to summaries, but school and 500 other things has me busy busy lol

holyv

Smash Journeyman
personally i find jumping morph to work better as Sheik than as Zelda(for some reason stupid Zelda won't go up while morphing for me.....***)

i will be trying to get to summaries, but school and 500 other things has me busy busy lol
i hate school.

And what do you mean by jumping morph?
Isn't samus the morph ball thing?

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Love dropping can be used when the opponent tries to chase after you when you get launched. Use a love drop towards them and (if spaced properly) they may get caught off guard and get hit by nayru's while you speed past them to the ground.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Ohh that reminds me. Forgot to mention one more thing Nayru's Love can be used for. This is something I rarely use because I'm bad at the timing. NinjaLink does this all the time. He uses Nayru's as a 'get up attack' by jumping from the edge and b reversing right away. This causes your opponent to end up behind you, off stage, in a possible set up for a down air spike.

Like I said though, the timing is strict and meh (unless you're comfortable with it) and you may end up using Din's by accident, or Nayru's too soon and be open to getting edgehogged if you don't get back to the edge fast enough.

Zelda doesn't have many options from getting out of the edge, but I guess this is just something to keep in mind ;o

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Ohh that reminds me. Forgot to mention one more thing Nayru's Love can be used for. This is something I rarely use because I'm bad at the timing. NinjaLink does this all the time. He uses Nayru's as a 'get up attack' by jumping from the edge and b reversing right away. This causes your opponent to end up behind you, off stage, in a possible set up for a down air spike.

Like I said though, the timing is strict and meh (unless you're comfortable with it) and you may end up using Din's by accident, or Nayru's too soon and be open to getting edgehogged if you don't get back to the edge fast enough.

Zelda doesn't have many options from getting out of the edge, but I guess this is just something to keep in mind ;o
Just hope they don't shield or use an aerial or you're off stage again.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Yeah :/

Zelda really needs more edge options - you can only go so far mixing up a regular get up attack (with different hit boxes and range depending on your damage), jumping from the edge, getting up normally with no attack, getting up with nair, fair, up air (meh lol), and sometimes down air. Which all sounds like a lot of options but they really aren't.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Why don't we just start this thread over?
Everything is from like 2 years ago.
I'm sure we've discovered more uses for moves within the last two years.
maybe we have.....maybe we haven't. tbh im not sure. but im willing to start it over if other people want to as well. it would also give me fresh quotes to summarize rather than older ones.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Rather than start this thread over, how about working on a guide :x

Like the current guide isn't bad but... a lot of the pictures are broken and it hasn't been updated in two years. It's also... hard to find and we may possibly get more Zelda rep as a result if people interested in Zelda want an "up to date" resource.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691

Like the current guide isn't bad but... a lot of the pictures are broken and it hasn't been updated in two years. It's also... hard to find and we may possibly get more Zelda rep as a result if people interested in Zelda want an "up to date" resource.
I'll get on it.......

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero

well this is supposed to be part of the guide lol so it should be updated too.....

or we can quickly rediscuss the other 5 moves already covered after/before covering the rest of her attacks since the nayru's discussion is pretty much over and its fresh. which is actually what i'd like to do....

nevermind that KayLo! was supposed to be compiling our new guide some 100 years ago >.>

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I'm up for that :)

The other char boards made it a community project so if we all pitch in, I'm sure we could make a pretty cool guide without too much work.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
we had various guides in the making! I think a lot of people here pitched in. the problem of course is universal :grin: everyone got bored. That and the guides made previously became super bloated. It felt like sensory overload :chuckle:

I think we need to make a thread that's chilled and fun, where people can drop in and speak of any interesting facts/discoveries they've made in matchups, or any interesting tactics they use with success, and that will build up and up to make a guide. move discussions can be taken from here!, as there's been plenty of discussion so we wouldn't have to worry about. We could also revisit moves and talk about hot topics in the metagame like planking/ledge options blah blah. it depends on what the majority here are after.

i also think having less detail in the guide the better. Something can be described in 1 line or 20 lines - 1 is much more efficient, so we should aim to keep the guide really blunt, to-the-point but informative at the same time. We'd want it to be easy to read but full of information.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Yeah I agree with that. I don't really know where any of these guides are though, just this one:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=196906

Humour is always nice . Like when we were talking about ZSS, I looked at the ZSS guide and it was written in a way that doesn't bore the reader while having a quite a bit of text.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
we had various guides in the making! I think a lot of people here pitched in. the problem of course is universal :grin: everyone got bored. That and the guides made previously became super bloated. It felt like sensory overload :chuckle:

I think we need to make a thread that's chilled and fun, where people can drop in and speak of any interesting facts/discoveries they've made in matchups, or any interesting tactics they use with success, and that will build up and up to make a guide. move discussions can be taken from here!, as there's been plenty of discussion so we wouldn't have to worry about. We could also revisit moves and talk about hot topics in the metagame like planking/ledge options blah blah. it depends on what the majority here are after.

i also think having less detail in the guide the better. Something can be described in 1 line or 20 lines - 1 is much more efficient, so we should aim to keep the guide really blunt, to-the-point but informative at the same time. We'd want it to be easy to read but full of information.
kaylo shared the guide with me I deleted it the PM though by mistake I went looking for it the other day too. I'm surprised you don't have a copy some where.

MechaWave

Smash Champion

There was a guide?! ._.

I guess I can contribute with this dthrow combo I seem to get.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
lawl I just posted in the social thread about that guide.

Why not just ask Kaylo for it, post it in a thread and we can all discuss it and (hopefully) finish it?

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Can we still have KayLo's stuff? iirc she went so far as to find combo's and followups and stuff.

Someone PM her. :colorful:

Top Bottom