• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SFU Tri-Smash 3 - Burnaby, BC - May 2/3 - *NEED BRAWL DISCS*

Metà

Smash Master
If anyone is reading this, PLEASE BRING SET-UPS, WIIS, AND BRAWL DISCS. Right now we only have two copies of brawl, three Wiis, and 7 TVs.

BRING BRAWL DISCS AND WIIS, THANKS

EDIT: Wooooow, it's past 10:30 and we only have 13 people here. Is anyone else coming?! We had more set-ups yesterday than we have people today, LOL. We have a bunch of TV's that are being completely un-used. We have the room until 8 today, so if anyone wants to come and just do friendlies/Melee, that would be fine. I really don't think we're going to get a lot more people for Brawl.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
If anyone is reading this, PLEASE BRING SET-UPS, WIIS, AND BRAWL DISCS. Right now we only have two copies of brawl, three Wiis, and 7 TVs.

BRING BRAWL DISCS AND WIIS, THANKS

EDIT: Wooooow, it's past 10:30 and we only have 13 people here. Is anyone else coming?! We had more set-ups yesterday than we have people today, LOL. We have a bunch of TV's that are being completely un-used. We have the room until 8 today, so if anyone wants to come and just do friendlies/Melee, that would be fine. I really don't think we're going to get a lot more people for Brawl.
That's beautiful to hear.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
haha sorry i left, i got bored and my dbbls partner didnt show up, ****ing woof.

Clouderz

Smash Ace
fun tournament
thanks for hosting even
kinda sux i had to leeave but w/e brawls
MELEEEEE WAS TOOOOO GOOD
adam brown - lulz gg's man i got some SIICKKKK cawmbos on u, im sp proud ;3 ill get you one day
yakal - lulz your funneh
lib - lulz
carl - omg dude go eazy on me stop using gameshark
AIDS - gg's man thanks for showing me some tips ;)

lulz melee ownz
everyone i played in brawl - ....its brawl

Metà

Smash Master
Thanks everyone for coming, and lame @ WA for bailing.

Some people left a couple things at the venue though, namely a Toshiba TV (I'm assuming this belongs to the Island players), a lunchbox, and a black Gamecube controller. Can anyone claim these? Otherwise I'll just keep them, lol

talking_chicken

Smash Apprentice
lol car breaking down at the bottom of the mountain saturday night with me stuck in the car in the pouring rain 60 kilometers away from home with Manli and Carl and making them walk the rest of the way to their bus stop while I wait for an hour for my dad to pick me up and take me home :p

So, yeah, for the people that saw that red Jetta with hazard lights on (or not, I forgot to turn them on for a while) at the bottom of the mountain Saturday night, that was me. :p Actually, it wasn't too bad. The problem was something with the ignition and I needed a new coil in it. Turns out the car was drivable after letting it cool down for an hour (it made the trip home to Abbotsford that night somehow), but I didn't want to risk driving any more in case it happened again on the highway. The problem should be fixed for good now. Sorry guys for making you walk.

An RCMP officer came by and thought I was a drunk that was sleeping in my car before she knocked on my window. :p

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Starwaffle we coulda hung outt I thought we were getting along =(

haha, i guess so :p you were the pit player right? fun games but i wasn't feeling all that great and my partner was a ****** and decided not to show up. o and btw if i was coughing a lot n stuff, i didn't have swine flu XP i have a lung disease.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
so when are the SSBB single results posted..?

my name was MyTea. it was my 2nd tourny where i got owned again.
I was kind of impressed by your game play. You never used tornado out of all the matches I watched, and you beat koskinator's ganon (as metaknight, but w.e gj).

ewic

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2363-5634-0009
On one hand, I really regret not letting StarWaffle know about me not being able to go (I'm really sorry man!), but on the other hand if what's been said is true, then it sounds like I didn't miss very much. 13 Brawl players? Wow, I thought this thing was going to be big. In addition, hearing that my ride would break down in the rain in the middle of nowhere, well that doesn't exactly help either...

Out of curiosity, how many showed for Melee?

Byuusan

Smash Journeyman
I was kind of impressed by your game play. You never used tornado out of all the matches I watched, and you beat koskinator's ganon (as metaknight, but w.e gj).
I Beathim in pools match 2-1 though, but i've won, does that make me better then Koskinator? :o

Alphicans

Smash Hero
What? Lol I was just commenting on mytea's game play. Also I am pretty sure you didn't play kosk in pools this tournament lol.

Clouderz

Smash Ace
lol koskinator
i wrecked his ganons balls off in friends, 3-0 gg

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Metà

Smash Master
On one hand, I really regret not letting StarWaffle know about me not being able to go (I'm really sorry man!), but on the other hand if what's been said is true, then it sounds like I didn't miss very much. 13 Brawl players? Wow, I thought this thing was going to be big. In addition, hearing that my ride would break down in the rain in the middle of nowhere, well that doesn't exactly help either...

Some stats off the top of my head:

We actually had 17 players in Brawl singles, but doubles was cancelled because almost no one showed up in the morning. On Saturday we had close to 40 players, but not all of them entered the bracket, which was 28 players iirc. We had 15 Melee set-ups + TV's, and on Sunday we had 3 or 4 Brawl set-ups for most of the day.

EDIT: Also, for those wondering when brackets will be up, I'll be making a results thread shortly, but I'm having some problems with tio atm, so I may need Rushan to upload the results.

Clouderz

Smash Ace
Some stats off the top of my head:

We actually had 17 players in Brawl singles, but doubles was cancelled because almost no one showed up in the morning. On Saturday we had close to 40 players, but not all of them entered the bracket, which was 28 players iirc. We had 15 Melee set-ups + TV's, and on Sunday we had 3 or 4 Brawl set-ups for most of the day.

EDIT: Also, for those wondering when brackets will be up, I'll be making a results thread shortly, but I'm having some problems with tio atm, so I may need Rushan to upload the results.

WHYYYYYYY THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU---- DIDNT I GO ON SATURDAY I DIDNT EVEN PLAY BRAWL + I DIDNT MAKE $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

omfg this is what brawl does to me, god ****it, screw that game

talking_chicken

Smash Apprentice

Actually, I wasn't Victoria's ride, so you would have been okay on that part. I live in Abbotsford and I'm there till September. However, Francis's car did break down before leaving Victoria and they all took the bus to SFU with three TVs in hand, so I don't know if that would have helped much.

Byuusan

Smash Journeyman
how did u know i didnt use tornado?

only reason i didnt use tornado was because i forgot about it.
You know, this has to be the best answer i ever had coming from a MK player, , totally forgetting they have it.

on the side note, alot of people didn't wanted to get recorded WHY? :(

it not like i don't want to record, noone wanted to be recorded (except for a few, who wanted like all thier matches recorded aka me)

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
ya everyone realized when they got their that melee was such a better game
^^^ this
HAHAHA so true

so when are the SSBB single results posted..?

my name was MyTea. it was my 2nd tourny where i got owned again.
You have good DI
I was the guy you beat who was spamming DONKEY PAWNCH. Don't run into it as much so you don't have to DI as much. hahah
And play melee.

That's beautiful to hear.
See you this summer <3

sry for sucking @ crews. I hate marth now :ohwell:
I love your Peach but didn't get to play you enough :ohwell:

lol koskinator
i wrecked his ganons balls off in friends, 3-0 gg

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I never had a match with you! Doubles or Singles :O
Well, it is only Brawl. Melee was fun. lol

You know, this has to be the best answer i ever had coming from a MK player, , totally forgetting they have it.

on the side note, alot of people didn't wanted to get recorded WHY? :(

it not like i don't want to record, noone wanted to be recorded (except for a few, who wanted like all thier matches recorded aka me)
That was a good answer XD
I think I was recorded for the most part. Don't wanna embarrass AJ cause I had the Lib tag on most of the time and I was only using like 4 moves every match. PK Thunders and Flying Slams and crap that people shouldn't really use so make sure it says dynie on it or it'll make him look bad. lol

Lol I wanna see that 7 minute match between Dan and I :p. Brawl's awesome! =D
Not gonna watch it but I heard epic things. Nice work mangz!!

Kenny is way too ****ing good at video posting on time. All morning already? Shiiii....
Raptor Jesus tier ftw

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I love getting matches recorded. I just didn't want any one-sided-me-getting-nearly-jd-4-stocked-or-worse-every-game matches recorded... for obveous reasons. Though 64 grand finals should have been recorded... even thhough they were one-sided-me-getting-nearly-jd-4-stocked-or-worse-every-game matches.

Loved the tournament, and it made me love melee more than ever. There better be melee low tiers next tourney... or I'll be forced to use GaW in singles again.

Also, woot at being the highest ranking victoria member in melee... using only GaW (with a few puff appearances) :p

LAST!!!!! lol

Top Bottom