• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SFU Tri-Smash 3 - Burnaby, BC - May 2/3 - *NEED BRAWL DISCS*

Sion

Island of Horizon
Tim mentioned it to me when he was playing with me. He's all, "Ugh," towards those games haha. But that sounds great. Hopefully it's ready, and if it is, and it's good, would I be able to commission a stick from you? As much as a HRAP2 would be nice, they're super expensive. Speaking of cost, considering I do commission you, what would be the $$$ would you think? As long as it's Sanwa, Seismitsu, or Happ, and able to play on ps2, I wouldn't mind what parts you'd use.

Sound sick though. Perhaps Friday or Saturday night at Jack's or something? I'm just gonna get housed by whatever options and places I have.

Haha, that's awesome Sion. Perhaps you can give me some tips, I'm rather new to both games, only really played 3S in arcades and such. Bringing Capcom vs SNK 2 and KoF 98, but they're more games I play for fun as opposed to melee, 3s, and ac.
I'm not big at S3/GGXAC either. I just play it very casually and not too much. I hope I don't get ***** too much.

Metà

Smash Master
Btw, to everyone coming to play smash tomorrow, I really f*cked up in planning for that. NO ONE can be in the room before 5:30, and everyone has to be out by 10, no later. I'm sorry there isn't much time to play, but hopefully on saturday we can get through all the events in a timely fashion, and get to play crews/friendlies/whatever at the end.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
so um on friday--- tomorow* should i just drop off the t.v nstuff and leave or whats happening? am i invited to come play n stuff?

talking_chicken

Smash Apprentice
Tim mentioned it to me when he was playing with me. He's all, "Ugh," towards those games haha. But that sounds great. Hopefully it's ready, and if it is, and it's good, would I be able to commission a stick from you? As much as a HRAP2 would be nice, they're super expensive. Speaking of cost, considering I do commission you, what would be the $$$ would you think? As long as it's Sanwa, Seismitsu, or Happ, and able to play on ps2, I wouldn't mind what parts you'd use.
With mine, parts are all Sanwa, and the case is something I bought online. I'm really happy with the way it went. Once I finish the wiring, it's just a bunch of putting pin A into slot B.

I don't know if it's something I want to do twice, especially in such a short time. I'm getting tired of working on this after being at it since last Sunday, and this is my week off before I start working on Monday. I got half the soldering done today and it was a huge pain, mostly because I was rewiring a 360 controller. It cost me well over 300 bucks, maybe 400, but that's mostly because the US exchange rate sucks, plus it's going to work on 4 consoles (PS2, PS3, GC, 360) + PC and I spent 60 bucks on a SF4 fightpad because I heard it was easy to solder to (word of advice: it's easier, but not by much) and I needed to buy a bunch of stuff from a hardware store/radioshack.

It's not too hard to do yourself, and there are some solder-free solutions, though it would be a PS3 stick, with minimal soldering required for PS2 support. I bought most of the stick-specific parts (case, buttons, stick, board) from ModchipMan and the rest from a hardware store (wood finishing stuff), radioshack (other electronics), and an EB for some controllers I can take apart. It's a lot more doable than I thought. My advice? Browse the SRK tech talk forums and learn what you can (and admire the impressive custom jobs :p). Slagcoin is also amazingly detailed and a great resource. That's what I ended up doing.

If that's too much for you, you can always try to find one of the elusive SF4 sticks.

I know that I said a lot of things there and it might not completely make sense. I'm tired right now. :p

EDIT!

Sion said:
I'm not big at S3/GGXAC either. I just play it very casually and not too much. I hope I don't get ***** too much.
I think we all are to some degree. I played a bunch of 3S while in Victoria with one other guy, but as far as I can tell, the competitive fighting game scene is next to nothing on the island. I'm okay, not horrible but not amazing either, and I'll try to teach what I can. I'll get more practice once work starts; EA has a machine there on free play. :p

Metà

Smash Master
so um on friday--- tomorow* should i just drop off the t.v nstuff and leave or whats happening? am i invited to come play n stuff?
Drop off your tv, play some smash, whatever we have time for. I intended for it to be a 'smashfest', but for the most part I just need people to drop off/set up whatever equipment they're bringing for the tournament, so we save time in the morning.

talking_chicken

Smash Apprentice
Drop off your tv, play some smash, whatever we have time for. I intended for it to be a 'smashfest', but for the most part I just need people to drop off/set up whatever equipment they're bringing for the tournament, so we save time in the morning.
I'm not able to show up Friday or Sunday, but I am bringing a TV + GC. I have a Melee disc, but I'd rather use someone else's as mine has a chance of throwing a disc error. Dumb question, but can I still bring it in Saturday morning? I'll try to be there early so it doesn't waste too much time. It shouldn't take too long to set up.

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
Actually, the funny thing is, I was talking to the guy at my local eb, and he has a tekken 5 stick that he has not even used that he's going nto sell me on mon/tues for really cheap too. Pretttttttttttty awesome haha.

Hype for the tournament.

talking_chicken

Smash Apprentice
Actually, the funny thing is, I was talking to the guy at my local eb, and he has a tekken 5 stick that he has not even used that he's going nto sell me on mon/tues for really cheap too. Pretttttttttttty awesome haha.

Hype for the tournament.
That works too. :p

Those aren't too hard to mod with good parts either, from what I've read.

But enough about other games for now. SMASH HYPE!

Kefit

Smash Journeyman
Meta and Boom:

I hate to say this, but it looks like I won't be able to show up after all. I've taken great pains to make this happen, but it doesn't seem like it's been enough. Everyone who was going to come with me has bailed on me, so the only way I could make it would be to drive three hours alone both ways into a foreign country. This isn't something I want to do, nor do I think it would be a very good idea even if I felt up to it.

There's a very small chance that I might be there, but don't count on it. Boom, you should go ahead and plan on teaming with Meta.

Sorry to let you guys down. I'm not at all happy about this myself. I still really want to play you guys on console someday, so be sure to let me know if another chance comes up.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Wow so many people are bailing. Sorry couldn't come tonight. I'll be there tomorrow but I need a melee teammate FFS!

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
lol my dad was gay so i had to go home early. don't lose mah stuff. btw that ghetto wii is mine

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Evan, if you want me to run brackets tomorrow so you can play more MSN me and tell me when I should be there. I don't think I'm playing any events tomorrow. I'll bring my VGA cable + laptop.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
I choked. my dog died. I can't find my favourite headphones. And worst of all, my sister has cancer.

This is Lib

edit: bone cancer

edit2: and a tumor.

edit3: My mom is crying atm.

edit4: over the phone of course, I'm on the coast atm.

edit5: but...

edit6: at least my tag is now Mr. Opogopo and the Rocking Seals of Labrador.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Good luck everyone. I'll be there in spirit, cheering you one when you succeed, and helping you up when you fall.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
/ignore extremely gay post by victor.

Carl what happened? I am slightly dissapointed, but it's to be expected I guess.

Thank god for brawl tomorrow.

Sanu

Smash Champion
Results?

Here are the results of our tournament if you guys are interested.

1. RaynEX
2. Vwins
3. KirbyKaze
4. Kage
5. pkmvodka
5. Unknown522
7. JesiahTEG
7. Europhoria

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace

1. Dieslow
2. Blunted_Object10
3. Firexemblemxpryde
4. CowEar
5. Noobking / Daltsy
7. Patooty / Superboomfan
9. Hitsugaya
13. FalseFalco

Doubles
1. Dieslow + Cowear
2. Hitsugaya + Patooty
3. FalseFalco + Firexemblemxpryde
4. Noobking + Blunted_Object10

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
I'll leave it up to Evan if he wants full results up asap or if he wants me to send it to him once tomorrow's events are over.

Also Evan, I won't be there tomorrow. Found out I have a family event anyway and you don't play Brawl much so I think you should be fine for brackets. Send me the tio file you use once you're done and I'll consolidate it like usual so you can upload to allisbrawl for the match breakdowns for everyone to see.

Byuusan

Smash Journeyman
Actually all the finals are up, regular matches will be up when i get brawl finals up.

I got videos, Byuusan got videos, Meta got videos. So yeah, we got videos.
Let be realitic, my videos are the only thing that going to be on youtube till 5 months later.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Ooh Carl, a little sloppy in singles huh?

Good job Daltsy holy crap, you must have really improved since Cast4.

Top Bottom