• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
Huh? what could you have that would be infraction-worthy?

Don'tc'ya have an AIM? >_> I'm curious.
I haven't done anything that's infraction worthy (yet).
I can post less-subtle Amy pictures which will be though, lol

I can't sign up for AIM for some reason :/
I've got msn and yahoo. The latter I do not use, at all.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
We had more posts by the end of 08 than most boards have NOW.

Yeah YGO got better. I'm running Ancient Gear and Machina decks right now. With a gemini deck on the side for when I get bored with machines. WHICH NEVER HAPPENS CYDRA AT 3 **** YEAH!

Friends run Zombie, Fairy and Warrior.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I haven't done anything that's infraction worthy (yet).
I can post less-subtle Amy pictures which will be though, lol

I've got msn and yahoo.
Lol.

This should do. Meebo.com will let you connect with anyone from most any other IM program. We should talk more about whatever. :p

Eh, but I gotta get Kita to help me with this, he knows how to use it more than I do.

and TBH, I only made this AIM account back when they still had the Friend Finder built-in into the Forum just to make make-matching easier. Clearly a lot has changed in the 2-3 years I've been here.

Though I guess it's my fault for not making any friends to actually use the program much aside from keeping in touch with like a handful of people. XD

... :<

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I want to come back to yugioh just to dark hole people.

but then I just know that ima come back and try to do it and then ima get stuffed by something gay, and then ill be upset and want to quit again. lol

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
My friend was soo pissed. I told him Heavy Storm was gone and Dark Hole was back and he wouldn't stop yelling. Then I found out he thought Dark Hole killed everything not just monsters. Really I think it's a good switch. Back fields can be used more effectively now and there's still Stardust Road and what not for Dark Hole. Heavy Storm when they didn't have a light monster out was a free go at an OTK barring Gorz or Tragoedia. It slows down the format a bit I think. Which is extra cool for me cause I run gadgets and the slower the format the faster I become. :3

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
You're not alone Kinzer. Speed knows exactly how it feels :p

And quick avatar change Speed o.O
What the? Tch, you and your evil array of Amy. :mad:
Im going to cycle between all of Kuraudo's avi's. They're just too legit!

To be fair, when he decides he wants to help me, he's the most reliable person I know.

Just a shame that I cannot remember the last time that happened. >_<

Oh?

I could vouch that you don't do as bad as he does, but then again I don't know what you two do when you're alone so I won't take the bet (yet?).

However, I do know that even around some of his/my friends, he isn't afraid... >_> >.<
lol, Kita seems cool, but from the way you make it sound, he's a huge troll >_<

da f? He has that massive array of amy crap...and some Sonamy crap in that art style the same as his avi. Its...indescribable. Its no good. :dizzy:

Stolen.

10thieves.

EDIT- Holy crap, the Sonic character boards have the most posts out of any character boards, by a lot.
We're too fast, of course. And like i told Kupo, im cycling through all the avi's. This one though...is too good.

I want to come back to yugioh just to dark hole people.

but then I just know that ima come back and try to do it and then ima get stuffed by something gay, and then ill be upset and want to quit again. lol
Something tells me you were extremely good at yu-gi-oh. I dont know why.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
lol, Kita seems cool, but from the way you make it sound, he's a huge troll >_<
My good sir, it is most certainly possible to be the biggest troll known to 4chan (he isn't) and still be a contributing member to a community.

I just happen to be the Sonic boards' *****troll. He's the Lucario's.

Also Sonamy's aight.

Trent

Smash Champion
I have tons of friends that play that card game.

They're obsessed with it, spending like $200 a month on it. Thank god I'm not into any card games right now, my wallet would die.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I wasnt super amazing or anything, but I played a lot with a guy that was (and I think still is) national calibur class, so i had to have a really good deck if I even wanted to last more than 3 turns.

but I pretty much had the greatest stall deck that I had ever seen. and it wasnt even a 'im burn down all your cards' deck. it was just a flat out ' im going to make an impervious wall that you will never get through' deck, and people would sit there for like 15 turns straight not being able to anything to me. It was the most aggrivating, trolliest deck i had ever seen. shiz was so legit.

also, the 2 years I went to tourneys for yugioh I never spent any money on it. I just leeched off my friends and took the cards they didnt want (ie. defense oriented) and make what i could from that.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Trent, it's just the Yugioh card game.
It's a rich man's game, unless you have connections.

I'm in the same boat as Goggles. I had a beastly Exodia deck thanks to some national leveled players in my area.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
You play like me, KID! Though I alternate between the Legendary Ocean/Tornado Wall and the Wall of Revealing Light depending on what kind of deck I run monster-wise. I wait until I can set up the sweep and/or lockdown. It's why I impliment the Enchanted Javelins as a defensive AND offensive trap card too, to save or gain lifepoints if my monster attacks.

I'm only going to buy specific cards from now on, once I get a job, so I can complete the deck that I do have. Espy, Yu-Gi-Oh! has gotten pretty good, actually. For years on end I looked at all the new cards/packs coming out and couldn't help but think to myself that I could never compete with the likes of a brand new deck. Those Synchro monsters and shiat? I was like, "...man."

Then KillLock pulled me back into the game and I re-constructed my deck thanks to retrieving a free Dark Paladin and Emblem of the Dragon Destroyer (to bring the Buster Blader into my hand. I had a Poly + Fusion Gate card. Need to get the Future Fusion card)

It turns out that my deck is STILL viable to compete against things like the Six Samurai, Crystal Beasts, Aliens, Zombies, etc. because the old school cards still had some epic magic to them. I run a card in my deck that I use specifically to wreck decks that commonly run on effect monsters that work off one another. Skill Drain. You Pay 1000 LP and all effect monsters on the field are permanently negated and reduced to being just a normal monster. It includes your own but it's a good price to pay when you're just ready to bust out normal powerhouses or your effect monsters are still legit. I also use Skill Drain in the worst-case scenario of having to face down an Egyptian God Card. With the new legal ones coming out one by one, they're now effect monsters and since Skill Drain doesn't specifically target them, they are effected too. Essentially that turns Slifer the Sky Dragon into a permanent 0 attack/0 defense monster that can't do anything at all. Obelisk is still 4000/4000, and the Winged Dragon of Ra...well. Easy target since it can be effected by magic/trap cards unlike Obelisk.

Slifer hasn't been released yet but I'm looking forward to it.

When my dragons fail after I've gone through those? The Dark Paladin cleans up rather nicely with all that I've had to destroy to bring him out. Works a thousand times better than a Red-Eyes Darkness Dragon.

[EDIT]

Fortunately, my deck wasn't slammed hard. And since I can use Monster Reborn again...hells yes to second chances. I used Creature Swap to screw over a Crystal Beast deck for a while too and prevent the summoning of the Rainbow Dragon. As well, I destroyed the Rainbow Dragon when it finally did get on the field with a combination of giving it the axe of despair, and the second I did that, triggered my trap card Really Eternal Rest.

I have older cards, but my strategies still work to beat people. That's why I still love this game. I don't need to go out and spend hundreds of dollars anymore on anything new to win. I just need to play with what I love and know how to use them right.

[EDIT #2]

Shado, want a *****in' Scourge avi? I can make one. lol

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
If M:tG taught me anything it's that you don't need expensive cards. You just need to make sure your OPPONENT can't use expensive cards. <3 Disenchant and Counterspell.

You can drop however much money on some ****ing 50 dollar synchro. Chances are I'll use a 10 cent fissure on it and you'll cry.

Nobody runs Six Samurai, Crystal Beasts or Aliens anymore.

Fusions require too much setup. Think about it. You use emblem, poly, dark magician and buster blader to make a 2900. If you don't win off that play it's getting sakuretsued, fissure, hammer shot, smashing grounded, etc. so you trade 3 cards to maybe do 1500 points of damage.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
LOL Yes. Epic win. Oldest cards showing the new cards that they're still in this game ftw.

[EDIT]

Dark Paladin's ability negates the activation of Magic cards by discarding one card in my hand. As well, I'd need countermeasures like a Seven Tools of the Bandit, which I already have. If I'm gonna go for a move like that, I'd need to set it up, of course. Not gonna just rush in blindly. But some times you just gotta take chances too to make something of a turn.

Not to mention that after all the lifepoints I shave off through what I do to stall for my deck, Megamorph becomes a perfect equip card to cripple an opponent. And if I predicted/base it off my Dark Paladin further, the Fairy Meteor Crush will only make things worse for my opponent. Again, those are just optional things. If I'm gonna make it work, I need to cover my back on these things.

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
I'm like the mysterious wind of the west. I come..I settle..I impregnate Kupo. Then I leave only to return within the next few months. Ahhh...

And Kuraudo. You dun gotta do that brohan. I dont need some fancy new ****ing avie to feel good about my self like you other loser! BWAHAHAHAHAHAH

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
But Shado... Scourge...he looks so scurred in your avi. Or something. Surely he's not scurred is he? lmao

[EDIT]

HAVEN'T FORGOTTEN ABOUT YOUR SIG SPEED. lol

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
It's still updated. It takes WAY too many resources to not win. Especially considering at THAT point I can just use overload fusion and make your dark paladin looke like a nimble momonga. You'll be dropping cards to keep it alive and then you get trampled!

I'm not saying it WON'T work. I'm saying it's inconsistent. Spamming Falcon Punches is BOUND to work eventually. Doesn't make it a good thing to base yourself on.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
im just kinda madd, because I had basically created a stall deck that was almost perfect, and legitamately had a shot at beating any deck out there. and this was back when that dude the king of armeggedon or w/e was running things.
and i lost it at apex last year.

and if were gonna talk about old school cards that still got the magic...

****, i had 3 man eater bugs and 3 old vindictive magicians in my deck.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
lol at basing my deck off of Falcon Punches. I understand what you're saying though. Guess that makes my deck mid tier. I can still win. XD

I'm sure that once I've gotten all the cards I need to complete my Dragon/Dark Paladin deck, it'll be able to compete with the rest with enough faith, luck, and deck knowledge. I don't plan on competing for a while though. Smash & BlazBlue first, and Yu-Gi-Oh! for fun second. lol

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
This aint the Yugioh boards you *******s!!!! Lets talk about SAWNIK! HE CAN REALLY MOVE! SAWNIK!! HES GOT AN ATTITUDE! SAWNIK! HE'S THE SECOND FASTEST THING ALLLIIIIVVEE!

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
lol at basing my deck off of Falcon Punches. I understand what you're saying though. Guess that makes my deck mid tier. I can still win. XD

I'm sure that once I've gotten all the cards I need to complete my Dragon/Dark Paladin deck, it'll be able to compete with the rest with enough faith, luck, and deck knowledge. I don't plan on competing for a while though. Smash & BlazBlue first, and Yu-Gi-Oh! for fun second. lol
Yeah. I've beaten tier 1 decks with worse. Just sayin' I wouldn't take Dark Paladin to a tourney.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I miss High School sophomore year.
Exodia Decks that ran 1 Sangan, 3 Emissary, 1 Witch, 2 Magicians, desert sunlights...
And my lovely Graceful Charity and Pot of Greed.

KID, Kuraudo. We need to get YVD and play online sometime.

Old cards.

@Kuraudo: LOL. Your deck would get trashed at a tournament.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
why in gods name would you EVER take normal fusions to a tournament?

theres synchro fusions, theres tuner fusions, hell, even XYZ dragon cannon was better than normal fusions.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I use to be into it, but I outgrew that phase, and either way later on I'm sure the money issues would've done me in.

In fact, I still need to sell the collection I have. I'm almost sure I could get at least $3,000 if I did. AT LEAST.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Awesome. We love playing a children's card game. For the fate of the world.

And as Tristan puts it, lulz in relation to Sonic, "MORE RUNNING!"

--

Awww. Haters gonna hate, Espy. :( The one thing I'm most worried about though is Jinzo. What an ******* of a card. lmao

[EDIT]

I like the Dark Paladin... :( 500 attack for each dragon on the field and in the graveyard plus shutting down all magic cards they activate by discarding a card from my hand? I wouldn't call that a normal Fusion Monster if you ask me.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
You ARE aware that you're worrying about a card that became obsolete years ago, right?

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Because if there's a 3 card combo it BETTER win you the game or be **** close. And I mean ON THAT TURN. With a gadget, ultimate offering and limiter removal I win. With overload fusion I win. With yours you deplete half your resources to something that will more than likely DIE and leave you top decking. I love Dark Necrofear and all the other fiends. I realize that they just aren't that good. I'll run them in casuals but I'm under no illusion that they're "good"

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
What the hell?

The scourge of the boards wants to talk about SONIC?
Things have changed.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
What the hell?

The scourge of the boards wants to talk about SONIC?
Things have changed.
Hey now, he just DOESN'T KNOW that it's a FFA in general discussions.

I would like to talk about Sawnik too right now, but y'all seem like ya havin' fun talking about cardgames...

...On motorcycles!

*10 points for getting the reference.*

Speaking of motorcycles, one of the abridgers(?) is comnig to an anime convention here in Vegas. Though I don't really mind if I miss that, I want to see if I can get my hands on (a) Reisen (plushie).

Top Bottom