• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadow the Hedgehog

Peeze

Smash Master
Just a quick question. There's been some talk about Sonic possibly being in SSBB, but has there been any talk about his counterpart Shadow being in the game maybe as like a secret character or something?

Stryks

Smash Hero
Man this has been mentioned for a long time.
Look Sakurai said there was gnna be a max of 2 new 3rd party characters, with snake being in there thats a total of 3, If a character from Sega IS gonna b in brawl, as much as I dont want to its gonna be Sonic, now should we spend the other character for another one of the same company, or from another one?
If we choose another Sega characters its gonna be either knuckels, Tails or shadow, and believe me we dont want anther one of those, so the other character should be spended on another company, for say: Capcom, and it would be megaman.
So what do u prefer: 3 totally diferent 3rd party characters, or snake an 2 sonic characters?

Peeze

Smash Master
the thing with megaman is what would he bring to the table that hasn't already been there he has a chargeable shot much like samus and mewtwo and he has a dash like falco and fox what will he have thats new. Shadow is shrouded in mystery and could be an easily developed character.

Stryks

Smash Hero
The only diference from shadow and sonic when it comes to attacks and stuff, is that shadow uses guns (and we know how Sakurai feel about them) and rollerskates, pretty much it, true Megaman has a charge attack and a dash, but Megaman would be able to move will moving and release it when he want to, he could have the entire match charging and when he lets it go it would be one powerful attack, also he could use weapon s from many of his games like leafshield, rock ball, homing missile, rolling butter and others, also he can use rush fr attacks, better than shadow that would be a very similair clone to sonic.

Peeze

Smash Master
Good point but would MM be good in head to head combat if all he had was an arsenal of projectile objects? Zero atleast has a sword but MM seems like a type of character that could easily be avoided with a roll dodge or wavedash. shadow on the other hand provides some speed in head to head situations.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Megaman also has a flame sowrd u know. And Samus has a lot of preojectile attacks too and shes good in head to head combat.

chaos971

Smash Rookie
I do not see them bringing in Sonic in, simply because he is the evil counterpart to Sonic. With very other series they have waited to bring in evil characters to see if the original characters from that franchise would work. In example Ganondorf and Bowser. So it seems very unlikely that if Sonic was in, that he would have his evil counterpart in right away.

Peeze

Smash Master
Think about this though, before ssbm came out did anybody thing that falco would be in the game. He was probly known less than shadow and sonic but yet he made his debut before the both of the them whats to say ssbb won't be the debut of both of these Sega superstars. I use falco and many people say there isn't much difference between him and fox but there fighting styles are different,( most of falcos attacks are faster and stronger) maybe shadow would be like falco: stronger and after all isn't htis game about strength and speed?

Stryks

Smash Hero
Hell yeah I knew about Falco, hell I KNEW he was gonna be in melee cause they need more star fox characters, and ok Shadow would wor if he were 1st or 2nd party characters but hes a 3rd, so lets not wait a 3rd party characters in a sonic clone.

Peeze

Smash Master
okay point taken, but have u found or come up with a moveset for MM that would make me think that he wouldn't suck? Cuase i still would prefer speed to projectile attacks (which are useless if ur opponent sees it and presses R)

chaos971

Smash Rookie
The thing is they are both "good" guys. Shadow is evil, so before they bring in one character from that franchise, they would want to see if the first character would help the game and take.

dj asakura

Smash Ace
as much as i want Zero in this game WITH megaman, i'll tkae megaman over shadow and sonic, and please, the easy way to settle this, make shadow an alternate outfit of sonic, they are FAR to similar.

and there are plenty of threads about megaman and zero that have movesets, go look them up

DokturSea

Smash Lord
I don't think you people know what all is involved in a third party character. There are lots of papers, meetings, and payments that have to go into getting a SINGLE character into Brawl. I'm 99.9% sure that if Sonic makes it in, he will be the ONLY character from his series. No Tails, no Knuckles, and NO SHADOW.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Look im doin some banners right now, and true there are megaman threads and some with movesets, and so I can finish this i gotta say:
There are other sonic threads out ther, and shadow SHOULD be a outfit for sonic, and MM pwns Shadow anyday.

TAMASHI

Smash Apprentice
If any Sega characters get in at all, I think it will be Sonic and Tails, the most original...It would be cool to have Shadow in, Though...

shoklan

Smash Journeyman
Ok, first thing... No ****ing Costume for Sonic that is like Shadow. Put him in, or keep him out. Sonic is NOT Shadow for the crying out loud. That would ruin both Sonic and Shadow in the game.

Shadow wont make it in, which sucks becuase I love him more than any Character developed by Sonic Team yet (yes, that includes the blue hedgehog). I propose a compromise for Tails fans(I used to be a Tails fan until Shadow came and Tails talked). Tails AND Shadow get in. They wont get in In Brawl, but if another SSB is made, then we can have both. Both can have extremely unique movesets, and both would be great characters.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Blood falcon isnt capt flacon for criying out lo... oh wait... THEY PUT BLOOD F. AS A COSTUMe! Shocking!! Dude shadow has a shot of being a costume so dont say it would ruin it.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
DokturSea said:
I don't think you people know what all is involved in a third party character. There are lots of papers, meetings, and payments that have to go into getting a SINGLE character into Brawl. I'm 99.9% sure that if Sonic makes it in, he will be the ONLY character from his series. No Tails, no Knuckles, and NO SHADOW.
Most intelligent people realised this awhile back, it's just the more ignorant ones, not pointing anyone in particular out by the way, you know who you are, that cause all of the fuss over extra characters.

Shadow will NOT be in this game. Sonic will, and if anything, Shadow will be an alternate costume. That is ALL.

DarkKnight077

Smash Lord
Shadow is not Sonic. Sonic has mini jetpaks on his shoes, Sonic..just runs. Also if you ever played as Shadow he skates..not runs skates. Also Shadow can use the chaos emerlads..Sonic can't. Unless Sonic goes to Super Sonic. So..you see Shadow is stronger than Sonic.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
DarkKnight077 said:
Shadow is not Sonic. Sonic has mini jetpaks on his shoes, Sonic..just runs. Also if you ever played as Shadow he skates..not runs skates. Also Shadow can use the chaos emerlads..Sonic can't. Unless Sonic goes to Super Sonic. So..you see Shadow is stronger than Sonic.
Where do these people keep coming from?

-Exactly WHERE does Sonic have mini jetpacks on his shoes? Unless you are talking about his Light Speed Shoes, Shadow has those as well.
-Sonic has been known to use Chaos Control, so no, it's not just to become Super Sonic.

-You have little to no proof at all whatsoever that Shadow is indeed stronger than Sonic.

It's like saying that I could prove Sonic was stronger, due to his being able to maintain his Super form during SA2, or saying that Shadow is stronger than Sonic, due to resisting the attacks of the aliens during the events of Shadow the Hedgehog.

Reiterating, you have no proof that Shadow > Sonic, nor do you have proof that Shadow deserves the spot Sonic would get in Brawl, which is the message you appear to be sending me. Please, feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

shoklan

Smash Journeyman
Good Try

Stryks said:
Blood falcon isnt capt flacon for criying out lo... oh wait... THEY PUT BLOOD F. AS A COSTUMe! Shocking!! Dude shadow has a shot of being a costume so dont say it would ruin it.
1) I'm not an F-Zero fan, and if I had known that it would have ruined it.
2)Yes, it would. Shadow is not Sonic, nor are they're personalities anywhere near the others. by using Shadow as a "Costume," you are ruining the personality of Shadow. All of a Sudden you have a Black hedgehog that is suposed to represent both Sonic and Shadow, with one personality. It ruins Shadow's personailty and his Character.

Puffball64 said:
Where do these people keep coming from?
Earth, although with some people it is questionable.

Puffball64 said:
-Exactly WHERE does Sonic have mini jetpacks on his shoes? Unless you are talking about his Light Speed Shoes, Shadow has those as well.
I think that was a typo on his part. The name of Shadow's shoes are different, but that is nit picky details.
Puffball64 said:
-Sonic has been known to use Chaos Control, so no, it's not just to become Super Sonic.
Sonic has used the Chaos Control twice ever, both times in SA2:B. After this point, Sonic has never used the Chaos Control, and for a good reason. He is inexpierienced with it. It's not his move. It's like two different swordsman. Sure, the second swordsman could try out the First sword style, but he'd suck at it, and would often get it wrong. Sonic is making a smart move by not using it becuas Chaos Control is a power ability that a lot can go wrong in with even the smallest mistake. It's Shadows, becuase he knows 100% how to you use it without flaws and mistakes.

Puffball64 said:
-You have little to no proof at all whatsoever that Shadow is indeed stronger than Sonic. It's like saying that I could prove Sonic was stronger, due to his being able to maintain his Super form during SA2, or saying that Shadow is stronger than Sonic, due to resisting the attacks of the aliens during the events of Shadow the Hedgehog.
True, who is actually stronger can't be figured out, unless you have Shadow and Sonic Arm Wrestle :laugh:.

Puffball64 said:
Reiterating, you have no proof that Shadow > Sonic, nor do you have proof that Shadow deserves the spot Sonic would get in Brawl, which is the message you appear to be sending me. Please, feel free to correct me if I am wrong.
Correct, but you don't have proof that Sonic is stronger either. Shadow doesn't deserve to get in over Sonic. That would be stupid. Sonic is the Trademark of Sega. Sonic must get in before ANY Sega character can. I tihnk it's more of an arguement who should come with Sonic, but as there wont be anymore than 3-4 3rd party characters, it doesn't even matter.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
As big of a Shadow fan as I am. (My username is shadow's name from beta I would have used Shadow the Hedgehog but it was taken BY SOMEONE WHO DOESN'T POST!!) He won't be in Brawl. Too much trouble, limited space for 3rd party characters and Sonic would be chosen first.

shoklan

Smash Journeyman
It's ok Terios, you just need to get a bit creative lol.

Shoklan actually means Shadow lol.
That is what you get for making your own race in a book your writing.
Note to book authors, NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER make your own race... It's so hard to do lol.

DarkKnight077

Smash Lord
Yea..that was my bad, look I'm just saying Sonic is not Shadow that is all. They have some differences but they are the same...Look at their games now they suck. So as a washed up character like Sonic and not very good games from the Sega company. I believe Sonic will be in Brawl , I was just saying...Sonic is not Shadow although..Shadow would be nice.

Stryks

Smash Hero
shoklan said:
1) I'm not an F-Zero fan, and if I had known that it would have ruined it.
2)Yes, it would. Shadow is not Sonic, nor are they're personalities anywhere near the others. by using Shadow as a "Costume," you are ruining the personality of Shadow. All of a Sudden you have a Black hedgehog that is suposed to represent both Sonic and Shadow, with one personality. It ruins Shadow's personailty and his Character.
U hello have u been like playin melee for like... dont know... a day or so?
Peach- Daisy costume
Mario- Wario and luigi costume
Capt. Falcon- Blood falcon

and if u check Peach isnt like daisy, daisy is a tom-boy.
Mario aint like his brother, hes easily scared, mario is brave, and well mario aint nothin like wario.
Capt. ain like blood falcon, blood falcon is a insane dude.
And Sonic aint like shadow, thus NO PROBLEM FOR SONIC TO HAVE A SHADOW COSTUME!!
U say mario ruin his personality using luigis and warios costumes?!
U say peach ruined hers?
what about capt falcon?
Case closed.

shoklan

Smash Journeyman
Stryks said:
U hello have u been like playin melee for like... dont know... a day or so?
Since the day it basically came out if you wanted to know.

Stryks said:
Peach- Daisy costume
Mario- Wario and luigi costume
Capt. Falcon- Blood falcon
Peach =/= Daisy
Mario=/=Wario or Luigi
C. FAlcon =/= Blood Falcon
If this was their plan, then they ruined these characters. They don't share personalities.
Also, the costumes don't look like the ones they are suppsed to represent (Not an F-Zero fan so I don't know about Blood Falcon) They are not Daisy, Wario, or Luigi. A look alike is not the same as the real thing.

Stryks said:
and if u check Peach isnt like daisy, daisy is a tom-boy.
Mario aint like his brother, hes easily scared, mario is brave, and well mario aint nothin like wario.
Capt. ain like blood falcon, blood falcon is a insane dude.
I am fully aware about Peach and Luigi thank you.

Stryks said:
And Sonic aint like shadow, thus NO PROBLEM FOR SONIC TO HAVE A SHADOW COSTUME!!
yes, there is.

Stryks said:
U say mario ruin his personality using luigis and warios costumes?!
U say peach ruined hers?
what about capt falcon?
No. Let me make it easier for you. By representing Luigi with a Mario that is green you are effectivly ruining Luigi's unique personality (assuming that you are trying to represent him in the first place). By taking Mario and trying to make him look like Luigi, it ruins Luigi becuase he is not really Luigi. It takes away from who Luigi is. The Green Mario is for the Green team. That is what it's there for. It's not Luigi, it's your assumption that it is Luigi becuase Mario looks like Luigi. That would also be dumb to represent Luigi if he's sitting right next to Mario in the Roster. The costumes are there to throw a bit of variety in there, but people are taking it too far. Does the Yellow Mario get fatter? No, so it can't represent Wario. It's not Wario, it's Mario in a Yellow suit. It's the same for peach too. Does she have similarities to Daisy? Yes, but it's not Daisy. That's why I don't want a Black Sonic. It ruins Shadow becuase people just think that he is Sonic except black. It'll just reinforce the idea more, and it's not true. Shadow has a different personality than Sonic does, but people are so shallow that because Sonic is a Blue hedgehog and Shadow is a Black hedgehog, they automatically assume that they are the same. So unless there is a Black Team in Brawl, Shadow is his own Character, or he stays completely out of Brawl. If they do have a Black Sonic, IT'S NOT SHADOW! NOR IS IT A REPRESENTATIVE OF HIM!

Stryks said:
Case closed.
You wish.

Stryks

Smash Hero
U just wont shut up will u? Has anyone ever conplained about the costumes? Has that efected the character in other games what so ever? Does it affect the game? NO! they put those costumes cause Wario wasnt in melee neither was Daisy, so they can be represented in a way, the same will happen for sonic, if they put megeman hell there gonna put him red and white representing Protoman and black and gold to represent Bass. Dude u can
Ok another thing u say the yellow and purple mario doesnt represent wario, yeah ok what eva u say, ok so I guess a black sonic doesnt represent Shadow? Look Im positive If sonic is in brawl, hes gonna have a black costume, so u can cry all u want but its gonna happen,

saberhof

Smash Master
shoklan said:
Ok, first thing... No ****ing Costume for Sonic that is like Shadow. Put him in, or keep him out. Sonic is NOT Shadow for the crying out loud. That would ruin both Sonic and Shadow in the game.

Shadow wont make it in, which sucks becuase I love him more than any Character developed by Sonic Team yet (yes, that includes the blue hedgehog). I propose a compromise for Tails fans(I used to be a Tails fan until Shadow came and Tails talked). Tails AND Shadow get in. They wont get in In Brawl, but if another SSB is made, then we can have both. Both can have extremely unique movesets, and both would be great characters.
wow thats some logic you got there
"for crying out loud"
If they had to choose a character it would definetly be Sonic cause sonic is the image of Sega, and i dont think theyre gona put Shadow just because u like him, and in the next SSb, maybe tails. if sonic was in Maybe they would add that costume that stryks was talkin about, why not?. would it ruin the fun?...

Blazer

Smash Ace
*jumps into debate with big barrier around him as not to get killed*
Now then, I for one love Shadow. He is much cooler than the other Sonic characters BUT, is he as popular outside the Sonic fanbase? No. Knuckles and Tails, are more well known and then Robotnik, then Shadow! Therein, Shadow is not as likely. I will give him over Robotnik simply because he is cooler but Knuckles and Tails are FAR too well known. So they'll probably be in before Shadow.
Onto the concept of him being a costume. Let me start off with the fact that if Shadow were his own character his moveset would at least resemble Sonic's. Why? Look at Shadow's premier 2 games SA2 and SH. They were the EXACT same minus a few slight advantages to Sonic. Shadow's most recent games on the other hand gave him orignality but not enough. SB gave him a completely different moveset but most of those moves would bad for a sidescrolling battler. Whereas StH used guns. Sakura doesn't like guns. Period.
Next is the personality. Are you stupid? This game doesn't show personality! There is not storylione whatsoever and the characters get 6 lines max! Shadow is basically Sonic in two games so don't give me crap about movesets either. Now I'm done. because I'm am starting to actually grow angry over your stupidity.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Blazer said:
*jumps into debate with big barrier around him as not to get killed*
Now then, I for one love Shadow. He is much cooler than the other Sonic characters BUT, is he as popular outside the Sonic fanbase? No. Knuckles and Tails, are more well known and then Robotnik, then Shadow! Therein, Shadow is not as likely. I will give him over Robotnik simply because he is cooler but Knuckles and Tails are FAR too well known. So they'll probably be in before Shadow.
Onto the concept of him being a costume. Let me start off with the fact that if Shadow were his own character his moveset would at least resemble Sonic's. Why? Look at Shadow's premier 2 games SA2 and SH. They were the EXACT same minus a few slight advantages to Sonic. Shadow's most recent games on the other hand gave him orignality but not enough. SB gave him a completely different moveset but most of those moves would bad for a sidescrolling battler. Whereas StH used guns. Sakura doesn't like guns. Period.
Next is the personality. Are you stupid? This game doesn't show personality! There is not storylione whatsoever and the characters get 6 lines max! Shadow is basically Sonic in two games so don't give me crap about movesets either. Now I'm done. because I'm am starting to actually grow angry over your stupidity.
Thank u now lets just hope this shuts Shoklan up... and if not then we'll lets hope god can do that for us XD.

Blazer

Smash Ace
If Shadow is in the game he should be a costume as it doesn't make much sense to put him in normally. Sory if I didn't make that clear I was going the lazy route.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Wow...could this thread have more spam and bad spelling.

Anyway, as for the whole Black-colored Sonic stuff. Frankly, if he doesn't have the same character design is Shadow, then who cares. Colors are colors, no more, no less. Here's another unmentioned coloring. Does Black-costume Link equal Dark Link? Heck no, it doesn't. They're beyond different characters(regardless of their similar abilities here and there) Dark Link is Melee is just a recolor, which would explain why he has abilities that he cannot use. It's the same case as Shadow vs Sonic. Completely different chraracters and people that share very few moves.

The only similarities between them is that they're both fast hedgehogs, no more, no less. Get that through your heads, people. Shadow can't be a clone of Sonic because he is NOT a clone of Sonic. Even in his first appearence, he not only plays differently, but is a completely different character.

Want another comparison? Look at Jigglypuff and Kirby in the first Smash. They share a huge ammount of moves(more than even Sonic and Shadow does) but are they clones? Definately not. If that doesn't prove anything, than all of humanity is lost.

shminkledorf

Smash Ace
The only similarities between them is that they're both fast hedgehogs, no more, no less.
lmao, they're almost completely identical, what are you talking about. If you're referring to character than who cares? Shadow shouldn't be in this game. Not opinion, FACT.

Top Bottom