• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadow the Hedgehog

Chaos Paladin

Smash Journeyman
shadows so cool i wish he was in the game in some way -_-. i was hoping he would be sonics alt costume but that was decomfirmed >.< but seeing as how they added new MG charecters as assist trophies its possible for sonic. i see either shadow or tails as an assist trophie **hopes for both**

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
lol

Has this thread heard about: Dr. Robotnik or Eggman? Much better antagonists. If Shadow gets a spot, nintendo gets nuked. One spot for each series 3rd party characters regardless the space allowed.

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
I still say we didn't get the same guy after he died at ARK. Gotta be a robot. And for anyone who doesn't play Sonic religiously, don't be fooled: Shadow's not some kind of furry Chuck Norris.
He's more like the (And I hesitate to use this metaphor, as Sonic hasn't done anything bad enough to be pictured with these guys. . .) Kaiba to Sonic's Yugi: Talks a lot, has more Ego than a waffle warehouse, but pretty much always looses to the main character.

Sonic > Shadow from SA2 > Knuckles > You > Big > Big's frog > Post SA2 Shadow >>>>>>>>>> Fancharacter. (I hate fancharacters. Do not get me started on this.)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I still say we didn't get the same guy after he died at ARK. Gotta be a robot. And for anyone who doesn't play Sonic religiously, don't be fooled: Shadow's not some kind of furry Chuck Norris.
He's more like the (And I hesitate to use this metaphor, as Sonic hasn't done anything bad enough to be pictured with these guys. . .) Kaiba to Sonic's Yugi: Talks a lot, has more Ego than a waffle warehouse, but pretty much always looses to the main character.

Sonic > Shadow from SA2 > Knuckles > You > Big > Big's frog > Post SA2 Shadow >>>>>>>>>> Fancharacter. (I hate fancharacters. Do not get me started on this.)
I thought he was more like The Vegeta to Sonic's Goku

bluffmaster

Smash Cadet
Next to my mailbox waiting for my pre-ordered Braw
=/ most people don't like shadow and wouldn't want him to be in brawl but if he did I doubt very much he would be say like... falco or fox/link and young link. Now I'm not challenging any of you Shadow haters, but shadow has a lot of different moves to Sonic for example: his chaos spears attack; And if you've played sonic battle before you would see that the sonic and shadow in that game is COMPLETELY different. I think Shadow would be awesome if he was playable in brawl.

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
=/ most people don't like shadow and wouldn't want him to be in brawl but if he did I doubt very much he would be say like... falco or fox/link and young link. Now I'm not challenging any of you Shadow haters, but shadow has a lot of different moves to Sonic for example: his chaos spears attack; And if you've played sonic battle before you would see that the sonic and shadow in that game is COMPLETELY different. I think Shadow would be awesome if he was playable in brawl.
Well, lets analyze. First off, they're not completely different. Unless Sonic's universe has a big racial profiling problem, Sonic and shadow bear enough resemblance for Sonic to get arrested for his crimes. And the gameplay between the two is almost exactly identical in SA2. So you can't say they don't have similarities.

Abilitywise?

Well, Sonic is faster, obviously. Shadow can't keep up, even with the rocket shoes (Nextgen.). This points to a superior reaction speed from Sonic. (But that's not an issue in Brawl.)

Shadow does have a more extensive use of Chaos Control, such as Blast, I'll give him that. But he needs a Chaos Emerald to use those moves, aside from Chaos Spear. And Sonic's been known to use an a wind-based attack every bit the equal of Chaos Spear. In fact, pressure differences alone could emulate most of Shadow's abilities (Except maybe the Blast.)

Although Shadow's been shown to have incredible strength, he's never been shown doing so without possessing a Chaos Emerald. He does do some rather interesting mid-air melee combat in nextgen, but that doesn't look like anything Sonic can't do. Offtopic a moment, but Sonic's Dair looks a lot like one of Shadow's moves from Sonic Battle. Interesting.

Shadow's immortality. . .Is a load of crap. Honestly. If he's immortal, how can he be hurt if you don't play well? It's already been proven ingame that Eggman saved Shadow before he fell to earth with one of his robots. As for the aging thing, cold sleep does that to a body. I don't know where the notion came from, but I suspect the comic series. Which is like a bad fanfic at times, only with pictures. Anyway, who really wants a character that's immortal, anyway? It's so one-dimensional.

Shadow does use guns and other weapons, but Sakurai's not putting them in. Besides, his aim's pretty much crap, anyway.

So, when you think about it, Shadow's really not that different from Sonic at all.

Edit: Not trying to say that you're wrong or anything, Bluffy. Just responding regularly. Thanks for being a non-flamey Shadow fan. I like your sig, BTW.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
The only games where they played completely different was in Sonic Battle.

Sonic Heroes, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, and even in Shadow the Hedgehog (save the guns) they played exactly alike.

Sure, his Final Smash could be Chaos Blast, but I doubt Shadow fans would want that over Super Shadow.

So I say let him remain a color swap. Heck, I pretend I'm using Daisy when I choose her color as Peach, and I don't mind. :p

If there's another Sonic character I'd like it to be Tails or Knuckles... Tails with multi-jump, or Knuckles with Glide and climbing ability.

Knuckles' FS could be Super Knuckles (Same as Super Sonic, except he can't fly)
Tails' FS could be riding the X-Tornado and firing his machine guns on everyone.

finalark

SNORLAX
Sorry, but that spot is already reserved for Pichu.
Hehe, agreed, the only thing I liked about Pichu was his taunt where he rolls on the ground and laughs at you.

Sure, his Final Smash could be Chaos Blast, but I doubt Shadow fans would want that over Super Shadow.
I'm a Shadow fan, and I would much rather his Final Smash be Chaos Blast, seeing how Sonic already has Super Sonic as his.

Rarzy

Smash Journeyman

LMAO fancharacters, completely agree with you on that one. i hate them.

but everyone likes one or the other for whatever reason. while you say you would enjoy beating the crap out of shadow if he was in smash, i on the other hand would enjoy beating the crap out of sonic with shadow if he was in.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Since Sonic is in there, why not Shadow? Mario has 50 others with him.
And the fact shadow/sonic are 3rd parties didnt cross ur mind even once?
Seriously sega AINT getting 2 PC reps its unfair to konami and the rest of the 3rd party candidates.. .besides many just want shadow cause of the cool factor, thats it...

adaptor17

Smash Journeyman
Seriously sega AINT getting 2 PC reps its unfair to konami and the rest of the 3rd party candidates.. .besides many just want shadow cause of the cool factor, thats it...
haha i completely agree w/ u.its funny cuz i want shadow in just cuz of how cool he is and **** 2. well i guess not necessarily, i always thought of if shadow was in brawl, that it would basically be sonic with projectiles.which would be buck nasty.

D

Deleted member

Shadow?!

PC? nothx

AT? Maybe
Alt? Probable.
Trophy/Sticker? Likely

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
That and I want to play as Sonic's bad@$$, kick@$$, skate shoe wearin, antagonist/rival and have him at my finger tips. And as far as it being unfair, it wouldn't be. Just don't add Tails or Knuckles. Simple!

jay~B

Smash Journeyman
I want shadow 2 be in the game so bad but I don't know if he will be accepted, he could have similar moves to sonic but his special moves would have 2 change 2 not make him a clone, i haven't come up with a FS 4 him but expect it soon

jay~B

Smash Journeyman
That and I want to play as Sonic's bad@$$, kick@$$, skate shoe wearin, antagonist/rival and have him at my finger tips. And as far as it being unfair, it wouldn't be. Just don't add Tails or Knuckles. Simple!
I think Im in love with U!!!:laugh:

I've been trying 2 tell people that 4 quite a while now

finalark

SNORLAX
Clone? Why would be be a clone.

He has one thing Sonic doesn't: The power of Chaos.

B Up: Chaos Control (Think Mewtwo's B Up)

B: Chaos Spear (His attack from Sonic adventure 2's multiplayer)

Smash B: Chaos sphere(?) (The Sonic Battle move where he summons a Sphere of energy to attack)

B Down: Ancient Light (He goes into a Spin Dash and then unleashes the attack)

Final Smash: Chaos Blast (self explaining)

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Clone? Why would be be a clone.

He has one thing Sonic doesn't: The power of Chaos.

B Up: Chaos Control (Think Mewtwo's B Up)

B: Chaos Spear (His attack from Sonic adventure 2's multiplayer)

Smash B: Chaos sphere(?) (The Sonic Battle move where he summons a Sphere of energy to attack)

B Down: Ancient Light (He goes into a Spin Dash and then unleashes the attack)

Final Smash: Chaos Blast (self explaining)
Nice moveset man! Simple and to the point, just the way I like it! Oh and for one of his smash moves, I'd replace Ancient Light for his breakdancing manuver on Sonic the Hedgehog for the 360.

@ Jay B, thanks bro.

@ for all of you Shadow haters out there. LAY OFF! It's not his fault Sonic Team decided to give him a lame storyline; however, the character himself is anything BUT lame!

Shadow 4 Brawl!

Shade

T-major

Smash Champion
meh... I'd prefer Knuckles... not that it matters either way, because Sega wont get a second rep... but still, I want Knuckles more than Shadow.

also, I wanted to add that Shadow would IN NO WAY be a clone of Sonic. people who think that, play Sonic Battle, then come back and say that with a strait face...

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Nice moveset man! Simple and to the point, just the way I like it! Oh and for one of his smash moves, I'd replace Ancient Light for his breakdancing manuver on Sonic the Hedgehog for the 360.

@ Jay B, thanks bro.

@ for all of you Shadow haters out there. LAY OFF! It's not his fault Sonic Team decided to give him a lame storyline; however, the character himself is anything BUT lame!

Shadow 4 Brawl!

Shade
Yeah, they really should have left Shadow alone after SA2, or at least have waited a little while to bring him back and with more of a plot twist... They really cheapened his character because their chosen direction with since then...

Now while I'm not really for Shadow in Brawl as a PC, the malicious character bashing isn't at all warranted.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
As a Shadow fan, I have to say to all my fellow Shadow fans. . .

Wise up. He's not in. It is NOT smart for Nintendo to include a second PC from any 3rd party developer in this game, because it brings in a very small amount of buyers. Sonic is going to bring in the vast majority of Sonic fanboys/girls as it is. Shadow would add a few more lingerers, but that's it. The fact is that Nintendo is a company, and companies like making lots of money. That's the main reason Sonic's in—instant cash. Shadow's not going to be much of a cash cow now that Sonic is already in.

Besides. Tails and Knuckles before Shadow. Always. Always, always, always. ****it. :ohwell:

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Yeah, they really should have left Shadow alone after SA2, or at least have waited a little while to bring him back and with more of a plot twist... They really cheapened his character because their chosen direction with since then...

Now while I'm not really for Shadow in Brawl as a PC, the malicious character bashing isn't at all warranted.
I'm in agreement with you 100%. It's not fair I tells ya! Sonic Team dropped the ball on that one. He shouldn't have appeared on Sonic Heroes if the game was going to be sorry, and Shadow the Hedgehog (game) should have never EVER been made if the developers were just going to rush it! Well, I suppose it can't be helped now. You live & you learn I suppose.

Shade

courte

Smash Lord
i'm usually all for character inclusion in general--the more the better, but does anyone think that opting for a classic comes before a series clone?? and no i'm not saying that shadow would be a clone if he made it into smash... sega put a gun in his hand and the axe on his future so there's no worries there

but wouldn't it be far more interesting to see knuckles or tails ::couch: sonic's invisible up+b ::cough:: implemented first??

Top Bottom