• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

PichuMain

Smash Journeyman
Though we shouldn't be so stressed out over leaks and possible theories. At least not to the extent we are scared here.
It doesn't help when we have people actively worshipping leakers as if they speak nothing but the truth.
And then there's the entire argument whether Steve had a presence in Smash Bros Ballot or not. And then there's the whole "Respect the Ballot" thing.
We're just ****ing falling apart at the first sign of a perceived threat. And it doesn't help when we have prolific "bloodline" members like Jazzy just ragequit because of an argument with another guy over said Steve presence. All because I had to ask "Oh, did Steve have a Ballot presence like Shantae did?"
I only said the respect the ballot because thats where most of these newcomers are coming from. Sakurai said it, didn't he? (Genuine question. I have a shortage of memory problem...)

I'm sorry if I caused this debate, but I'm going off the ballot choices.

Yeah I respect the ballot, but if Steve does get in, I highly doubt its due to the ballot unless Sakurai or something says otherwise.
And you have the right to believe. I'm not gonna change your mind. I would be just as mad as you. But to me, ballot makes the most sense.

D

Deleted member

OK STOP TALKING ABOUT MINECRAFT CRAP sorry

Can we just go back to speculation there’s no way those 2 spots were meant for him

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
Where did this sudden ****ing upswing of Steve even come from? I swear, no one was talking about him before now, at least not seriously. If he was mentioned it was in the same frame of mind as Goku and Shrek.

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
People still listening to Verg for some reason.
Yeah but...I think he just said Minecraft representation. Why is everyone all of a sudden assuming a fighter? Geez...let's lighten things up again. FAN ART TIME! This one is pretty cool!

Moderately obsessed

Smash Journeyman

I could throw on a soap-opera... Or I could open Shantae Smashboards.
seriously... If one of you come forward claiming to be pregnant by your girlfriend's twin brother I'll lose my ****. lol

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
I only said the respect the ballot because thats where most of these newcomers are coming from. Sakurai said it, didn't he? (Genuine question. I have a shortage of memory problem...)

I'm sorry if I caused this debate, but I'm going off the ballot choices.

And you have the right to believe. I'm not gonna change your mind. I would be just as mad as you. But to me, ballot makes the most sense.
Actually, I can't remember too much about that, either. But I do think that Sakurai did not actually say "Oh, I'm basing my choice off the Ballot!" in an actual Direct, but in a Famitsu article posted after the 8/8 Direct, relating to Simon/Richter's inclusion. However, even a Direct viewer can pick up the "X by Popular Demand" as a good enough guideline for Smash Ballot choices.
And yes, in the grand scheme of things, remove most of the meme characters like Goku, Shrek, and Cory and it does make sense for the most part. There are obvious outliers like Freddy Fazbear, among other characters, though Sakurai is smarter about his choices than we are. Though wouldn't it be more profitable to push for Banjo and Kazooie and not necessarily Steve, especially with the Nostalgia Run Nintendo seemed to be doing? I'll just wait until the Smash Directs before we debate any more about Steve or Minecraft's chances.
That being said, however, I'll take the fall for this, because it was my fault this entire toxic argument started in the first place.

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
I have this in store to post many times in the succeeding months if Shantae does get revealed playable in Smash.

has bad words in the collage, Not going to spoiler the image since..you neeed to go full size on the image to even see 'em. So...don't look it full size if you don't like that.

Shantae haters BTFO 1.png

Also cause I'm lazy and have no skills in editing, can someone get me a cropped pi of Sakurai's head? similar to this pic ?
Shantae and Shovel Knight heads.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I have this in store to post many times in the succeeding months if Shantae does get revealed playable in Smash.

has bad words in the collage, Not going to spoiler the image since..you neeed to go full size on the image to even see 'em. So...don't look it full size if you don't like that.

View attachment 165804
Can’t wait to see them react that they were wrong:ultkrool:

zferolie

Smash Hero
I will say this as the positive towards steve: if true it destroys the box theory thank god.

I think we could live in a world where steve and shantae could be a thing.... I am still sold on 6 more newcomers coming, with a pokemon a retro and geno as set. Isaac is close to set as well.

Pokemon(looking like Incineroar but i wish it was Gardevoir)
Retro(Donbe and hikari I want but Lip or Ayumi would be cool)
Geno
Isaac
Shantae
Steve

If it works out like this, I'm happy. I'll just punch steve in smash as shantae all the time. plus thats 3 nintendo IP's and 3 3rd party, one being a big one with steve(like it or not minecraft is huge and steve would bring in some huge sales I bet from the casuals) Sakurai could be trying to grab a ton of fan requests to balance out that Steve choice. Plus that leaves the door open for Banjo and Kazooie as DLC.

And then for Echos

Ken
Shadow
Dixie Kong
Impa
Medusa
Black Shadow

PichuMain

Smash Journeyman
Actually, I can't remember too much about that, either. But I do think that Sakurai did not actually say "Oh, I'm basing my choice off the Ballot!" in an actual Direct, but in a Famitsu article posted after the 8/8 Direct, relating to Simon/Richter's inclusion. However, even a Direct viewer can pick up the "X by Popular Demand" as a good enough guideline for Smash Ballot choices.
And yes, in the grand scheme of things, remove most of the meme characters like Goku, Shrek, and Cory and it does make sense for the most part. There are obvious outliers like Freddy Fazbear, among other characters, though Sakurai is smarter about his choices than we are. Though wouldn't it be more profitable to push for Banjo and Kazooie and not necessarily Steve, especially with the Nostalgia Run Nintendo seemed to be doing? I'll just wait until the Smash Directs before we debate any more about Steve or Minecraft's chances.
That being said, however, I'll take the fall for this, because it was my fault this entire toxic argument started in the first place.
Nah, its fine. It was mainly my fault for the Minecraft debate. But you guys have heard me repeat my reasons many times.

has bad words in the collage, Not going to spoiler the image since..you neeed to go full size on the image to even see 'em. So...don't look it full size if you don't like that
Believe it or not, there was support in that thread. Not a lot tho...

KingofUSA85

Smash Journeyman
Yeah but...I think he just said Minecraft representation. Why is everyone all of a sudden assuming a fighter? Geez...let's lighten things up again. FAN ART TIME! This one is pretty cool!
Because he's now vouging for another leaker who did specifically leak Steve.

I'm not saying I believe Vergeben but he technically hasn't been wrong about anything yet concerning Smash.

Last edited:

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I'm just going to repeat what I said in the Banjo thread about Vergaben and why he shouldn't be trusted anymore.

Vergaben can go suck a lemon. He's losing credibility by the day. His vagueness is not helping him, nor is his inability to take any sort of responsibility. If he knows what characters are in, he should flat out tell us. Playing these mind games and then blaming his "sources" if he's wrong only shows how shady he is. He may have had credible info at E3, but he's been coasting on lucky and easy guesses since then.

I think he's doing more speculating than leaking these days.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Because he's now vouging for another leaker who did specifically leak Steve.

I'm not saying I believe Vergeben but he technically hasn't been wrong about anything yet concerning Smash.
The word is "vouching", though I bet you already edited your comment to reflect this. But yes, this does sound like a vouch for a leaker who may or may not know what's going on.
I must also confess MAH BRAND!

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Nope! Best case scenario, it'll debunk Verge.
I don't follow. How'd it debunk Vergeben? If blog posts 120 and 121 are for Steve, then how could Shantae still have that evidence in her corner?

And also, while some may not view Steve as an indie character now, he was an indie character at the beginning of MC. So yeah, he could technically still fill the indie role, with Microsoft acting as a sort of indicator of how far Steve has come.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
I don't follow. How'd it debunk Vergeben? If blog posts 120 and 121 are for Steve, then how could Shantae still have that evidence in her corner?

And also, while some may not view Steve as an indie character now, he was an indie character at the beginning of MC. So yeah, he could technically still fill the indie role, with Microsoft acting as a sort of indicator of how far Steve has come.
You're not much for subtlety, aren't you? Why are you convinced that Steve "stole" Shantae's slot? Go on, I'm not gonna judge you.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Do you have more "evidence tweets" I'm not a twitter user myself and I need help constructing that section of my video.
https://mobile.twitter.com/kokosac/status/632099125039726592
I found a tweet about Shantae by Ko Takeuchi, though it's not really too much going on aside from fan art. Sorry! ^^;

The "he fills the indie role" part or the "he's getting in" part?
The "he's getting in" part. More specifically the "he stole a slot" part, actually.

Last edited:

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
These are the only two I know of from Ken Sugimori.
I meant from anything that might allude to Shantae being in smash. Anything Nintendo x Shantae, anything Suspicious etc...

If you could PM me with anything like that it'd be extremely helpful to the cause.

Last edited:

KingofUSA85

Smash Journeyman
I'm just going to repeat what I said in the Banjo thread about Vergaben and why he shouldn't be trusted anymore.

Vergaben can go suck a lemon. He's losing credibility by the day. His vagueness is not helping him, nor is his inability to take any sort of responsibility. If he knows what characters are in, he should flat out tell us. Playing these mind games and then blaming his "sources" if he's wrong only shows how shady he is. He may have had credible info at E3, but he's been coasting on lucky and easy guesses since then.

I think he's doing more speculating than leaking these days.
I hate to defend the guy but, he hasn't been had to blame his sources when he's wrong because he technically hasn't been wrong yet when it comes to Smash Ultimate.

And if you are referring to the Supposed "No new DK reps" thing. He never actually made that claim at all.

He didn't say this like you are claiming he said.
"I've heard from my sources that there are definatly no more DK reps." and then turn around and say "Don't blame me My sources were wrong"

What he actually claims.
"One of my sources is telling me no New DK reps but I have my doubts"

He never stated "No new DK reps." He merely said some one told him that and he didn't believe him.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Guys, it may be getting close to the end for Dylly.
I'm not sure if he can read or hear everything, but if you want to impart some farewells or wishes in case, this is the time.

Last edited:

PichuMain

Smash Journeyman
The "he fills the indie role" part or the "he's getting in" part?
The "he fills the indie role" part.

Steve's not indie anymore. I think he's first party now. So Steve wouldn't be able to quote-on-quote "steal" a spot.

Shantae still has DLC if not base roster. Who knows.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
I'm not sure if he can read or hear everything, but if you want to impart some farewells in case, this is the time.
Tell him that I'm sorry that he had to see me at my angriest on here and my involvement of dragging this place down to the crapper. And that I hope he can find a good resting place, whether as the ashes in the sky or in the Earth.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Tell him that I'm sorry that he had to see me at my angriest on here and my involvement of dragging this place down to the crapper. And that I hope he can find a good resting place, whether as the ashes in the sky or in the Earth.
I dont think he'll hold it against you at all soup :) (and I dont think you did)

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
The "he fills the indie role" part.

Steve's not indie anymore. I think he's first party now. So Steve wouldn't be able to quote-on-quote "steal" a spot.

Shantae still has DLC if not base roster. Who knows.
Yeah Minecraft is not an indie anymore. it may have been but its hasn't for a long time, way before the ballot even. So steve being in wouldn't take an indie rep slot.

I'm not sure if he can read or hear everything, but if you want to impart some farewells or wishes in case, this is the time.
Well that is sad. Well Farewell, and say hi to Iwata if you see him

Swade

Smash Apprentice
My words...Tell him/her I wish we could of known each other a bit more. I feel liked I hopped in too late.

PichuMain

Smash Journeyman
I PM'd him, but just in case, tell the man he's one heck of a fighter for making it this far.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
I'm not sure if he can read or hear everything, but if you want to impart some farewells in case, this is the time.
Tell him that I'm sorry for being a pessimist, and that I'm sorry for taking him being on this thread for granted. Tell him that I hope he can still somehow find a way to recover from what he's going through. But if he can't, tell him that he's a credit to this thread, the Smash fandom, the Shantae fandom, and the world. Tell him that despite not truly knowing him, I will miss him dearly.

Edit: I PM'd him myself saying the same things, but feel free to relay it again if you want.

Last edited:

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Do you have more "evidence tweets" I'm not a twitter user myself and I need help constructing that section of my video.
Dude, I forgot about those. Ok, forget Yoshi. If Shantae gets a Nintendo exclusive game ala Bayo 2, I want to scan pokemon amiibo to give her cosplay costumes of all the pokemon. Shantae dressed as Red/Lead would be adorable.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Support means making your desire for a character in Smash known. No matter what. No leak or stupid reason given by Sakurai should be a deterrent.

It shouldn't matter whether a leak is true or not, your voice needs to be heard 24/7 until the goal is achieved... and then maybe continue for further Smashes. You can't just turn it off and on again whenever it's most convenient, because that sends mixed or insufficient signals.

You could avoid most of the drama posting things that supposedly hurt Shantae's chances if you just end them with an uplifting note to keep fighting regardless. Otherwise you come across as trying to get people to give up.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
thank you all. And I will let you know any news, unless a friend or relative posts here.

D

Deleted member

Tell him he was the best an I will continue his legacy thank you dylly for everything!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
If this is the end, I can't believe the last thing he did was become a Geno supporter. (or one of the last things)

We'll definitely find him among the stars.

Last edited:
Top Bottom