• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
Oh boy here goes the Sheik gender discussion... All Im gonna say is that the game guides and the game refer to Sheik as more of a boy than a girl. BUT lots of other places say girl. the end

Spife

Smash Master
Sheiks a dood in meree
Zelda uses magic, zelda completely transforms. She doesn't change into some sheika clothing she legit uses magic. Whether or not she adds a ***** is up to you and your fantasies though >.>;

h!tboxexplo!ter

Smash Ace
Oi worthless gender argument so ill just change the subject so this forum doesnt get stupid really quickly
So against the peach match up is there another way to exploit peach other than downthrow aerial combos?

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
You like that word haha.

You can needle camp Peach pretty well. Just needle, needle, needle. She can't really do anything about it. Fair, jab and ftilt all are hard for her to deal with. You can also space bairs pretty safely.

gm jack

Smash Lord
What are some decent way to follow up shuffled Fair, Nair and Bair approaches? I have tried using single and double jabs to grab or simply jumping away, I keep tending to caught by things like early CC to either Peach Dsmash or getting shield grabbed out of it.

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Jab, d-tilt, f-tilt.

Against peach the CC dsmash beats basically all your options if your close. I'd say jump and another fair or dash back to punish the d-smash, grab maybe?, would be your best options. Keep the pressure on peach without getting to close. By pressuring her into shield, you'll get a lot of grabs which will lead to her trying other things only to get punished for floating or doing her punishable things.

Not very informative. Oh well. Peach is gay

gm jack

Smash Lord
I know I can just space Bair all day (I could swear it's slightly disjointed) , but I was wondering if approaches like that could be used to mix it up. Might try wavedashing back to shield and see about punishment from there if the spam continues. I suck too much to punish it enough with anyone but Jiggs.

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
To punish the d-smash? Learn to WD OoS and you'll have a easier time punishing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPgL8skpvZc

Great set between KK and Vwinz that helped me a ton. KK's style is a perfect mix and something about it...just helped me. Or I haven't seen many sheik's vs peach. But notice how he punishs Vwinz d-smashs, notice the situations where he punishes vwins for floating with nair, the situations where he uses jabs, and how he deals with peach at low percent. When peach is at low percent is when you'll see how you pressure peach without getting punished for those fairs.

unknown522

Some guy
KK posting

That set fills me with shame.

Anyway, I'm not really an expert on Peach because I never play them but my game is mostly built from Vwins and DoH and whoever.

Sheik's D-smash beats noob Peaches by itself.

After that just D-throw and do good follows. Sheik's D-throw is good in like every matchup so you should usually be trying to figure out how to get them.

Sheik's pretty good at attacking Peaches that like to pull turnips a lot. If you get into a camp-off with them, don't. Just creep up to her and hit her. Her turnip takes a while to pluck and you cover a lot of distance on the ground.

If they don't pull many turnips and just float and crap you have to just needle them and be better than them at spacing. If they start fighting you head-to-head, that's your cue to back the hell off. Use your dash dance and better overall movement; Peach is slow.

Tilts are garbage against her when she's on the ground.

h!tboxexplo!ter

Smash Ace
/agree all hail down throw
so capitaino falcon..... recommendations for how to di his up throws at low % and his nairs at mid %
all i know his tech roll is scrub tastic but for the life of me i cant tech chase consistently...... is there some visual cue im missing or something? all i know is dthrow wavedash backwards then (insert here)

also KK thats the only color sheik should ever be

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
DI away. If you expect the knee, go up.

I still don't get why his tech roll is bad and no one's bothered to explain it to me. The frame data and distance are equal or better than most other people's rolls, Sheik included.

In terms of tech chasing, prepare for the neutral tech, 'cause that's the fastest. So dthrow, then go to where he is and react accordingly.

Meverse

Smash Cadet
KK posting

That set fills me with shame.

Anyway, I'm not really an expert on Peach because I never play them but my game is mostly built from Vwins and DoH and whoever.

Sheik's D-smash beats noob Peaches by itself.

After that just D-throw and do good follows. Sheik's D-throw is good in like every matchup so you should usually be trying to figure out how to get them.

Sheik's pretty good at attacking Peaches that like to pull turnips a lot. If you get into a camp-off with them, don't. Just creep up to her and hit her. Her turnip takes a while to pluck and you cover a lot of distance on the ground.

If they don't pull many turnips and just float and crap you have to just needle them and be better than them at spacing. If they start fighting you head-to-head, that's your cue to back the hell off. Use your dash dance and better overall movement; Peach is slow.

Tilts are garbage against her when she's on the ground.
thanks man, i appreciate it. :)

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
DI away. If you expect the knee, go up.

I still don't get why his tech roll is bad and no one's bothered to explain it to me. The frame data and distance are equal or better than most other people's rolls, Sheik included.

In terms of tech chasing, prepare for the neutral tech, 'cause that's the fastest. So dthrow, then go to where he is and react accordingly.
There's just something about his techs that's extremely grabbable. Maybe it's not so much the tech roll itself as it is the distinct lack of cyan hexagons, but one way or another he's easy to follow.

It really is intangible; I can't really explain why he's easy to follow.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
the thing is mixed with his already slow tech, he has no quick move to do directly after. if you meet a falcon who forward b's as soon as u are getting a tech chase down they will probably get out. the thing is they just forward b'd, will prolly miss, and just get punished.

their sidestep sucks, and roll is predictable. it takes too long to jump, and all of his b moves are slow. no fast tilts either. thats why hes so easy to follow, cuz even when u are too slow WTF can he do?

sheiks have a good spotdodge/tilts.
spacies have shine.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Jab, d-tilt, f-tilt.

Against peach the CC dsmash beats basically all your options if your close. I'd say jump and another fair or dash back to punish the d-smash, grab maybe?, would be your best options. Keep the pressure on peach without getting to close. By pressuring her into shield, you'll get a lot of grabs which will lead to her trying other things only to get punished for floating or doing her punishable things.

Not very informative. Oh well. Peach is gay
If you can scare Peach into being passive and hanging back in shield, do it. Free grab opportunities are gravy. And her out of shield game is not good against ranged moves.

Plank's anti-Falcon game is so gay.

CaptainEvilStomper9

Smash Apprentice
Amsah you really think that peach has that much of a advantage? What do you think the tier list of both versions should look like?

Spife

Smash Master
All i'm going to say is floaty characters have the added benefit of combos not really working on them. I feel bad for falcos when a jiggs misses a rest.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
There's just something about his techs that's extremely grabbable. Maybe it's not so much the tech roll itself as it is the distinct lack of cyan hexagons, but one way or another he's easy to follow.

It really is intangible; I can't really explain why he's easy to follow.
the thing is mixed with his already slow tech, he has no quick move to do directly after. if you meet a falcon who forward b's as soon as u are getting a tech chase down they will probably get out. the thing is they just forward b'd, will prolly miss, and just get punished.

their sidestep sucks, and roll is predictable. it takes too long to jump, and all of his b moves are slow. no fast tilts either. thats why hes so easy to follow, cuz even when u are too slow WTF can he do?

sheiks have a good spotdodge/tilts.
spacies have shine.
Huh, that makes sense. Thanks.

Top Bottom