• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

Razor

Smash Journeyman
i actually think b-airs are overrated...
the crotch area of sheik has like no priority. fox and falco's bairs are better methinks.

also, i am LOVING triangle jumping. it's so easy with sheik. i can't imagine how the spacies do it. also, the clod zero-waveland-off-the-ledge is AMAZING. it's easier with cap, but sheik's is soooo quick.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Bair has a lot of range though. If you want more priority closer to you, why not use the nair instead?

soap

Smash Hero
her clod zero actually kinda leaves her vulnerable cuz she is in the air for a while before she lands. try to fastfall a lil before doublejumping to minimize this

its good if people are just waiting for u to land with a fair and grab u

Binx

Smash Master
Weak bair to dash attack is pretty smexy.

Does anyone have any tips to stop people from sweetspotting with double jumps? sort of how m2k will run off and fast fall dair back to the stage and get stupid low percent kills, does sheik have an option like that? maybe a nair off the edge without fast falling or something?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Just grabbing the edge will suffice often; for stupid low percent kills, if you remove the edge, recovering against Sheik is this really long, drawn out process that you probably won't succeed at. Nair / Bair / needles / grab (if they get on the stage) and many others make a pretty brutal edgeguard game even at low percents.

You can do aerials too, though. Dash off double jump Nair is pretty okay, as is just SHFFLing a Fair to hit the edge, or chucking needles at that general area, etc. Plenty of stuff to do.

You don't have a "shine spike" or "Marth Dair" though. So it's going to - unless it's a space animal - be a relatively long process.

soap

Smash Hero
Weak bair to dash attack is pretty smexy.

Does anyone have any tips to stop people from sweetspotting with double jumps? sort of how m2k will run off and fast fall dair back to the stage and get stupid low percent kills, does sheik have an option like that? maybe a nair off the edge without fast falling or something?
i run off double jump bair back on to the stage.

u use that nonkicking leg of the bair as a sort of dair and it just takes their jump, then get to the ledge and do gay stuff with ledge frames.

around here we call it the 'drephen spike' cuz it just taps u real gay like and then u cant recover

and thats where i stole it from

Cia

das kwl
yeah.. i don't really care for mango's anything. except his puff. that's his only char. IMO. but he still ***** cali <_<

on the fox's 1st and 3rd stocks, that fox would've been gimped SOOOO hard using those vulnerable *** recoveries. and that was a grand finals match..

:ohwell:

soap

Smash Hero
i actually like mangos sheik

i cant wait to see him play some non cali people

i feel like they are afraid of him or something

Falcinho

Smash Ace
Well, Mango vs Lucky Grandfinals never have been the most serious... but w/e i don't want to john for them.

I thought it's interesting how Mango uses the dair to extend his combos.
I don't know how well you can DI the dair, but since Drephen connects platformchasing dairs to usmash to kill, it seems to me like it could combo.
I'm new to Sheik tho so maybe I'm just misjudging it

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
*shrug*

I didn't say it was bad. I said ugly.

It's probably ugly or seems ugly because he could probably beat most of Cali with the ICs or Mario. Not to mention the level of seriousness when it's Lucky vs Mango (that you pointed out).

If I had to critique it, I'd say he has a lot of chances to kill Lucky that he doesn't take. I'm not really sure if that's because he doesn't think of them or if it's because they're friends and they're screwing around. However, he still won, so whatever.

Dair is awesome if you can hit it.

soap

Smash Hero
ive been spamming fd dair combos for years, u can get more than one if they keep survival DI

either way u look at it though mango is sex, i like his confidence

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I'd like to see him play against people he knows he won't completely destroy with his Mario before I decide whether I like his style or not.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
he plays mario too? awesome

i think m2k will be looking for some pound 3 revenge this summer
I fixed it for you, soap. While he may not act like it, I get the feeling that Mew2King is going to be out for blood this time around. To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if Mango got four stocked in one of their set matches.

But that's just me though.

Edit: Now that I think about it, tho', it wasn't just M2K that Mango ***** wasn't it? >_> Hmmm.

Smooth Criminal

Celph

Smash Journeyman
Mango was playing seriously with Lucky. Lucky's girlfriend was there, which is always good motivation to **** someone.

Mango's characters are "ugly" until you actually play them. Then you see that's exactly how you should be playing your own character.

X- Sylar -X

Smash Journeyman
Mango was playing seriously with Lucky. Lucky's girlfriend was there, which is always good motivation to **** someone.

Mango's characters are "ugly" until you actually play them. Then you see that's exactly how you should be playing your own character.

omg someone from cali blowing mango ?!?! what uber strangness...... has the world imploded and turned itself inside out????

seriously dude just cuz u get ur *** hole opens up a few extra centimeteres when you play mango doesnt give you the right to form some oppinion about how no matter what char mango plays he's playing them "right".

Stop defending your regional champ, let him come and voice his oppinion on what KK,Vanz and soap are discussing. In short Celph...... get off mangos dik.

X- Sylar -X

Smash Journeyman
oh okay thanks a lot jungle, i wonderd where this idiot came from.. but by the way it's with an A not an E.
no biggie i just directly ripped the name from heroes.

and celph im a fox falco main, but after seeing some of your matches maybe i should jus go roy and d tilt froward smash you. Do that 4 times and make myself some money. Sorry P if i ever make it out to a tourney with you there id be too broke to afford that mm i would accept 20, 25 though. But plz do yourself a favour and stop giving money to the world of smashers. We've seen your vids, you suck, cant combo, no DI, your main is shiek and you lose MM's to Roys and Doc's?! I'm not even a teen titan yet and i think im pretty bad...... that being said your horrible, and i will be glad to take your money from you when we meet.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
oh okay thanks a lot jungle, i wonderd where this idiot came from.. but by the way it's with an A not an E.
no biggie i just directly ripped the name from heroes.

and celph im a fox falco main, but after seeing some of your matches maybe i should jus go roy and d tilt froward smash you. Do that 4 times and make myself some money. Sorry P if i ever make it out to a tourney with you there id be too broke to afford that mm i would accept 20, 25 though. But plz do yourself a favour and stop giving money to the world of smashers. We've seen your vids, you suck, cant combo, no DI, your main is shiek and you lose MM's to Roys and Doc's?! I'm not even a teen titan yet and i think im pretty bad...... that being said your horrible, and i will be glad to take your money from you when we meet.
LOLharsh.
now comes the part where P cries at home but posts about how much he doesn't care and is as cool as Travolta.

in other words, typical melee sheik discussion.

Top Bottom