• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

soap

Smash Hero
i remember playing this bowser main in texas and he was getting so angry everytime i repeatedly clinked jab with his upb out of shield, then i would just let him do it and then grab him.

so ya jab clinks with upb, its funny

embracethe12

Smash Lord
When fighting Jiggs I find running at them with Nair when they're floating around doing Bair to be somewhat effective. Just time the Nair in between her Bairs and you're golden. You can also do this with Bair, and it's much safer that way, because of range and stuff. But I love my Nair. Also, falling on airborne Jiggs with weak Nair often leads to Fair, Uair, or more Nair. If they like to Nair I do Nairs over them and them and then get the free combo because I'm cool like that.

But it would probably be safer to chuck needles or something.

Also, against Puff, be prepared to do nothing for a while.

I like to Jab airborne Jiggs a lot because it makes them cringe and not sure what to do next so then I run forward and Nair them. Or Uair. Or Fair. Lots of stuff. Jab is actually good vs Puff because she spends so much time trolling in the air.

I also shield a lot and WD back OoS turn around SH Bair if she floats towards me. And if she approaches with that crouching Purin hidden gayness stuff I do D-smash.

But none of this actually works, so don't try it.
against jiggly the approach has to be pretty aerial. also good puffs will bait your fair-jab and crouch cancel a rest, so space it or die.

i always saw downsmash to be really good at putting jiggly in a bad position. if you hit their sheild then run in with a downsmash, they almost always will retreat to recover their sheild (cause of puffs insta-death after sheild break)

when puff is above 60% you can usually jab fair, but don't get too predictable or that's an easy rest for puff.

also, against puff when platforms are taken away and you're on final D, what do you do?
i hear FD is good for sheik vs jiggly, but i don't see how that is. needles/platforms always seemed to be a good chunk of the match vs jiggly, standard projectile camping.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
I don't think Jigglypuff could crouch cancel a Rest if you double jab, unless she doesn't need to jump or anything...

Final Destination I think just bair spacing and needles would do the trick against Jigglypuff.

soap

Smash Hero
HEY GUYS!

i have a really good training tip against fox

pick computer fox, go to fd, and put starman on medium.

grab one, then chase fox across the stage, then bair him when he tries to get past U!

I do this in real games!

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I have a better trick.

B-throw Fox or Falco at like 40 in training mode and then space WD back F-tilt so it beats the Firefox / Firebird perfectly until you figure out the different timings and spacing.

Then apply the timing in real matches and beat Fox Nairs with F-tilt and then **** tech chase after!

WHOAMAGOD

EWC

Smash Ace
Does anyone here use pivot f-tilts? I've been messing around with them, and I think they ****.

EWC

Smash Ace
If I could I would use them.

But I can't pivot ftilts consistently enough to put it to use in my game.

I think it would be very helpful vs fox though.
Ya, I was thinking that they would be good against foxes aerials. I still can't do them consistently, but I'm getting there. The way I do it is like a pivot jab, but don't fully release the stick after the flick.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
For standing grab it's a bit less than her D-tilt's max range I think.

About where her D-smash range is.

For dash grab it's a bit less than her F-tilt's max range I think.

Razor

Smash Journeyman
i still say the sheik vs jiggly puff match up is in sheik's favor(in case no one said otherwise).

a guy i know said that "puff can CC every attack and rest". i replied, "why attack if she's CC'ing???" at some point, jiggs will have to attack with an aerial.

to everyone else, does your playstyle really change with jiggs that much? i found myself playing the same way i normally do. if i had to choose between jiggs and peach, i would choose jiggs everytime. i really believe the peach match up is much worse.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
i still say the sheik vs jiggly puff match up is in sheik's favor(in case no one said otherwise).

a guy i know said that "puff can CC every attack and rest". i replied, "why attack if she's CC'ing???" at some point, jiggs will have to attack with an aerial.

to everyone else, does your playstyle really change with jiggs that much? i found myself playing the same way i normally do. if i had to choose between jiggs and peach, i would choose jiggs everytime. i really believe the peach match up is much worse.
Everyone knows Sheik beats Jiggs.

I am just inclined to believe it's not 99 / 1 in Sheik's favour or whatever.

Puff is gay but you have needles and more range and faster moves. That collectively should be enough.

I think Jiggs vs Sheik is about the same as Peach vs Sheik. Peach's ground game is better. She has an aerial that outright beats your aerials when spaced and she comes equipped with a projectile cover. In addition, her other aerials have speed on par with Sheik's. Puff, however, has better overall range and negates a lot of Sheik's usual pressure options. Additionally, she punishes mistakes considerably harder.

Razor

Smash Journeyman
my bad, i guess ppl don't like jiggs around here.

tec0, i saw your vid playing sliq at pound 3 a few hours ago. WOW, jiggs is gay on dreamland.

which reminds me, did anyone discuss anti-wall of pain strats? all i do is wait until they get tired....

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
LOL yea I got pretty lucky vs sliq. My jigglypuff experience was horrid.

Which is why I tried to shieldgrab so often, its just a natural response

/incaseanyonecares

Check the first page, I wrote my opinions on sheik vs jiggs :lick:

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
lolz whatever

i look at my sig and go wow im a woman

then i realize im not so its fine :D

Cia

das kwl
Jigglypuff is a fun character who is in no way gay. she has a hard time winning matches. and she can't even punish other characters w/o putting herself in harms way. the way I see it, Jiggs is brave and manly.

:colorful:

lolz @ that midwest thread

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Yeah, Jiggs is a haphazard character to play. Even on stuff like the edgeguard... Falco's Fire Bird kills you at like 100% if you're not careful =(

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I suppose the logical thing to do then would be to not edgeguard with moves likely to trade with his Firebird?

I've never had Dair trade with Firebird lolz. And my timing with not-super-broken characters is horrible.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
I don't try to trade though, I just try to hit them out of the charge and sometimes I get there too late.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
LOL dam man.... speaking of pound 3 crews

My ****en heart was in my throat. Thats how dam tense the situation was.

The funny thing is I was almost 100% sure they were going to put in Skler instead of me. There really was no reasoning behind it I just thought skler was amazing (And I happened to be right :bee:)

And of course when I talked to Skler he said he was sure they were going to put me in... (Even though he probably forgot who I was at that moment......)

Man I can talk about that moment in pound like it happened 5 minutes ago. I can never forget that moment <33333333 pound 3 :bee:

Unfortunately .... apparently its not the same for sliq :( <3.

That must've sucked....

Y'know for the longest time...I thought Tec0 was a girl...
>_>

You aren't the first person that said this T_T.

I guess its my pictures. I can't help it if I like anime :(.

Top Bottom