• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shell Shocked Monthlies -~- College Park, MD -~- 5/8

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Oh, right, I forgot to change that. I think I even told someone it was 5$ per person.

Okay, guys. Entry for teams is now officially 10$ per person. Hopefully you guys don't mind me announcing this so late. Last Shell Shocked we decided to make this change because of the fact that there is no venue fee, but I neglected to edit that information into the post between that event and now.

Voodoo Daddy

Smash Journeyman
No one knows how many teams show up for this thing.

It bothers me that SO many players in MD/VA want there to be a melee scene but play brawl anyway. ****ing *****es.

Lobos

Smash Master
Know one knows how many teams show up for this thing.

It bothers me that SO many a few players in MD/VA want there to be a melee scene but play brawl anyway. ****ing *****es.
fix'd

JC - what time do you plan on going and such? I want to try out P:M's link and yl

Voodoo Daddy

Smash Journeyman
did you just call me a ****ing *****?
I'm not talking about you G-reg.

Though your **** and combos are greatly missed.

EDIT: Maybe they just say they like Melee better than brawl, but then they show up to other tourneys just to camp and ****. We should all play guilty gear or something.

Actually it was just Korn. what a loser.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
fix'd

JC - what time do you plan on going and such? I want to try out P:M's link and yl
Fairly early. The OP says it opens around 11am so probably not too long after that.

You wanna team for Melee? Playing Project M has revived some of my former Melee skill so I'm not completely terrible (still hate ****ing tap jump though).

Laijin

Smash Hero
lol I really honestly don't understand why people can't play with tap jump. =\ I can't play without it. Is is it because you have problems with tilts? I guess since I play Sheik I know how to tilt all day long lol

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Won't be able to make this one cause of spring break/Easter...Hopefully you guys have one last tournament before school ends for the summer, cause I think I should be able to make that one. Should hype that one up too, imo.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
It's not just the tilts. It makes it difficult to uair without wasting your 2nd jump too (you can just C-stick it but that's hard to do if it needs to be really fast right after you jump), and sometimes I might move the stick up a little too high by accident when I try to dash and I jump instead. It's just a pain.

Even when I played Melee competitively I didn't like it. I never used up to jump anyway so it was a pure hindrance to me. The ONLY thing it's good for is JC grabs and up-B out of shield, but I can get around that with custom control schemes.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Actually it's really easy. Hit y/x and then smash up during the frames before you leave the ground. Now you can be holding up and just press a, and you'll do a uair without double jumping. No need to tilt the stick.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Yes, but up-b/up-smash oos becomes harder, and since tap jump has multiple jump inputs, it makes it much easier to jump out of jabs/after an aerial immediately. Up is simply a faster way to jump.

Lobos

Smash Master
I care.......I care that you still owe me money you ho...

JC that may be possible, ill let you know by tonight or early tomorrow

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Where is everyone
Hoping for more than like, 5 teams this time around ~_~ come please.
:bee:
Somehow this is post #1700 for me...~_~

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Haha, Terps.
I think we have like ... 3 or 4 Terps who are active enough in the Melee scene to actually go...and 3 of us have already seen the thread. :lick:
You should come to this Shell Shocked Sir Bones.
Hopefully it'll be bigger than the last one, but it's looking unlikely ~.~

Bones0

Smash Legend
I'd love to come, but I'm a horrible driver and because of a previous accident I am on borderline license suspension and my parents won't let me drive anywhere except to and from school. lol Pathetic john, I know. I would try to find someone to hitch a ride with, but I've accepted the fact that I am the only Smasher in Harford County who can wavedash. XD

g-regulate

Smash Hero
i think its crazy that being able to wavedash and l-cancel consistently and efficiently doesnt automatically make you a good player anymore. this game has evolved

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
Come to Aftershock. That is my smash related comment.

Is that Cupid's Cup thing tomorrow only for UMD students?

Top Bottom