• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

She's Got A Bomb 1 - Midwest Circuit Tourny Event - St.Louis, MO AUG. 11th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I've received a couple messages about teams, but only from people I don't know so I have no way of making a decision >_>

find me at the venue and we'll play a game or two ^_^

www.overswarm.com/bio.php = me

Tink

Smash Hero
well, with all the people that were going to go with me, not going anymore, it looks real doubtful that ill be able to go. ill keep the thread updated, but idk if even iggy can go anymore, so if i do end up going, i would need a partner too.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
A note to out-of-staters:

St. Louis is going to be ~95 degrees, with the heat index around 105 for the next week or so. Dress and plan accordingly. This place can be as hot and muggy as anywhere in the US; don't be caught off guard.

Sliq

Smash Master
well, with all the people that were going to go with me, not going anymore, it looks real doubtful that ill be able to go. ill keep the thread updated, but idk if even iggy can go anymore, so if i do end up going, i would need a partner too.
JOHNS

Can't make it anymore, i have court that day.
Whadidjadew?

FierceFox

Smash Apprentice
---Sector 19 Sucks---

----SECTOR 19 SUCKS----

Yea, so nobody go here for the circuit tourny unless you want horrible service and laggy TVs. Well first off, me and my brother (FRED) went to Sector 19 for a little tournament to have fun and we saw it cost 15 bucks and we were like whoa, that's alot for this place. And then we asked for the prizes cause we knew we had a shot at winning with such horrible competition there. And the guy says "GAMING HOURS" and I was like OHH JOY I get to pay 15 bucks of mine for gaming hours I will never use especially because of the laggy TVs and the little fat Halo playing kids that shout the whole freaking time about like WHOA I STICKIED YOU! It's just gay. And The guy that works there is a complete jerk because we went there, paid are money and warmed up for the tournament. And that's when we noticed the TVs they were major lag. So we decided to go talk to the guy to see if he could fix it but every FREAKING TV had lag in the dam place which screwed us and hurt are abilities to play as well. So anyways we asked for are money back before we started any of the matches but he says no there is no possible way in a jerky manner. And then we asked for Singles money back but nope, that was over 2 hours away and still had to be an idiot about it. I told him the sign says Super Smash Bros Melee Tourney outside, not Super LAGGY Bros. And then he yelled at us and we finally left and we were undefeated when we left and we easily would have won, but theres no pride in winning like that. Anyways the guy was like an alien from MIB, he was scary and not friendly. I'm never going back to this place. I hope you enjoyed my story and I suggest no one goes here. :laugh:

BTW, that's not the worst. My brother and I were accused of cheating in doubles by a couple of noobs because I rested a few people and we wavedashed. And I forgot to mention there are a tons of little kids that work there that tick me off because they were like "So your pros right, you can like wavedash?" and I was like wow. I can't have horrible people doing the brackets. I want like AOB to do mine. =)

-Foxx

----SECTOR 19 SUCKS----

Banned via Administration
----SECTOR 19 SUCKS----

Yea, so nobody go here for the circuit tourny unless you want horrible service and laggy TVs. Well first off, me and my brother (FRED) went to Sector 19 for a little tournament to have fun and we saw it cost 15 bucks and we were like whoa, that's alot for this place. And then we asked for the prizes cause we knew we had a shot at winning with such horrible competition there. And the guy says "GAMING HOURS" and I was like OHH JOY I get to pay 10 bucks of mine for gaming hours I will never use especially because of the laggy TVs and the little fat Halo playing kids that shout the whole freaking time about like WHOA I STICKIED YOU! It's just gay. And The guy that works there is a complete jerk because we went there, paid are money and warmed up for the tournament. And that's when we noticed the TVs they were major lag. So we decided to go talk to the guy to see if he could fix it but every FREAKING TV had lag in the dam place which screwed us and hurt are abilities to play as well. So anyways we asked for are money back before we started any of the matches but he says no there is no possible way in a jerky manner. And then we asked for Singles money back but nope, that was over 2 hours away and still had to be an idiot about it. I told him the sign says Super Smash Bros Melee Tourney outside, not Super LAGGY Bros. And then he yelled at us and we finally left and we were undefeated when we left and we easily would have won, but theres no pride in winning like that. Anyways the guy was like an alien from MIB, he was scary and not friendly. I'm never going back to this place. I hope you enjoyed my story and I suggest no one goes here. :laugh:

-Foxx

----SECTOR 19 SUCKS----
someone PLEASE sig this.

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
----SECTOR 19 SUCKS----

Yea, so nobody go here for the circuit tourny unless you want horrible service and laggy TVs. Well first off, me and my brother (FRED) went to Sector 19 for a little tournament to have fun and we saw it cost 15 bucks and we were like whoa, that's alot for this place. And then we asked for the prizes cause we knew we had a shot at winning with such horrible competition there. And the guy says "GAMING HOURS" and I was like OHH JOY I get to pay 15 bucks of mine for gaming hours I will never use especially because of the laggy TVs and the little fat Halo playing kids that shout the whole freaking time about like WHOA I STICKIED YOU! It's just gay. And The guy that works there is a complete jerk because we went there, paid are money and warmed up for the tournament. And that's when we noticed the TVs they were major lag. So we decided to go talk to the guy to see if he could fix it but every FREAKING TV had lag in the dam place which screwed us and hurt are abilities to play as well. So anyways we asked for are money back before we started any of the matches but he says no there is no possible way in a jerky manner. And then we asked for Singles money back but nope, that was over 2 hours away and still had to be an idiot about it. I told him the sign says Super Smash Bros Melee Tourney outside, not Super LAGGY Bros. And then he yelled at us and we finally left and we were undefeated when we left and we easily would have won, but theres no pride in winning like that. Anyways the guy was like an alien from MIB, he was scary and not friendly. I'm never going back to this place. I hope you enjoyed my story and I suggest no one goes here. :laugh:

-Foxx

----SECTOR 19 SUCKS----
Are you serious!!!
I don't want my first tourney to be gay...:ohwell:
O and 15 bucks does suck, the tournies on the calendar are like $5!!!

Lixivium

Smash Champion
----SECTOR 19 SUCKS----
Zig and Sam say that the venue will be renting big screen TV's that (hopefully) don't lag. With more Smashers around those scrub kiddies will just be background noise. I don't know about the owner though; I hope he can be reasoned with. If somebody who knew how to do brackets can bring a working version of TIO on like a USB key or something, that would probably help.

Zjiin

Smash Master
----SECTOR 19 SUCKS----

BTW, that's not the worst. My brother and I were accused of cheating in doubles by a couple of noobs because I rested a few people and we wavedashed. And I forgot to mention there are a tons of little kids that work there that tick me off because they were like "So your pros right, you can like wavedash?" and I was like wow. I can't have horrible people doing the brackets. I want like AOB to do mine. =)

-Foxx

----SECTOR 19 SUCKS----
L O fawkin' L glad i'm not going if the tV thing is true.

Yami

Smash Rookie
How does a TV lag exactly? I've never heard of this phenomenon >.>

Secondly, the $15 price tag for admission...I thought it also said in there that the top three placers take the pot in percentages. So yes, in a sense you're competing for play time, but with such a high buy-in I was hoping that meant a higher prize winning if you place. I could be wrong...anyone care to correct...one of us? Playtime+prize money or just playtime?

nikePK

Smash Journeyman
most people will be bringing setups anyway (and if u aren't... you should try to: the more setups the better), so you don't have to worry about tv lag. If one is lagging, we just will pitch it to the side.

I doubt the owner will be much of a problem... I'm sure most of the experienced smashers will mainly be running the show even if they dont have direct control over it... which is usually what happens and definitely works.

Sliq

Smash Master
At this point I'm hoping that Zig-Zag will be running this, and that the venue is just a place for holding the tournament, and that the management won't be ****ing with any of the players or the tournament.

This whole uproar of "ZOMG teh sector 19 is teh sukc" is sort of disheartening since I've been waiting for this tournament since FCD.

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
----SECTOR 19 SUCKS----

-Foxx

----SECTOR 19 SUCKS----

I was going to respond to this post in a serious and stern matter, but...then I read it.

To anyone concerned about the TV's: Me and Sam have completely checked out the venue, played on their televisions, and made sure everything in the facility was exactly as needed. They will NOT be using the laggy tv's used for the Halo tournaments, but rather, will provide other, more usefull televisions to play smash on...as well as the TV's that YOU BRING THAT WE STILL NEED. (also, circuits)

Anyone who needs to know anything about this tourny or has any REAL concerns involving how it's being run and what to expect, please contact ME and ME alone. I do believe that the poster of this was the same person who had a "conflict" with the "jerk" owner (who is providing cheap housing, cheap food, isnt taking money out of the pot, and is advertising the tourny on both their site and around the area for free) who was spoken about earlier in the thread.

But do feel free to sig the dumbest post I've read since the one I sigged.

-Zig

Sliq

Smash Master
I was going to respond to this post in a serious and stern matter, but...then I read it.

To anyone concerned about the TV's: Me and Sam have completely checked out the venue, played on their televisions, and made sure everything in the facility was exactly as needed. They will NOT be using the laggy tv's used for the Halo tournaments, but rather, will provide other, more usefull televisions to play smash on...as well as the TV's that YOU BRING THAT WE STILL NEED. (also, circuits)

Anyone who needs to know anything about this tourny or has any REAL concerns involving how it's being run and what to expect, please contact ME and ME alone. I do believe that the poster of this was the same person who had a "conflict" with the "jerk" owner (who is providing cheap housing, cheap food, isnt taking money out of the pot, and is advertising the tourny on both their site and around the area for free) who was spoken about earlier in the thread.

But do feel free to sig the dumbest post I've read since the one I sigged.

-Zig
Good to know. Zig-Zag for Secretary of Agriculture.

SamDvds

Smash Ace
----SECTOR 19 SUCKS----

-Foxx

----SECTOR 19 SUCKS----

LOL wow can u read the first post? and do u honestly think i would book a venue if it was going to have laggy tvs. i already talked about all these issues with the store owner, and he's been nice to me every time. he probably got irritated at u guys if u said something the wrong way cause i explained the lag on the tvs wouldnt work and they are bringing in a bunch of 32'' tvs that dont lag...honestly do u really think we didnt discuss this and clear it ahead of time...if u dont want to come to the tourney thats fine but dont try to piss ppl off by throwing dirt on the game store. on top of all that, most game shops usually take a huge % out of the pot and this one isnt. theyre pretty much letting us run the tourney the way we want , and the owner has gone out of his way to accomodate all our requests. theyre also paying for a reserved copy of brawl for the first place winner, so if u think u can do a better job providing a venue for the tourney, having spacious room for about 60-75 ppl, PROVIDE HOUSING, FOOD, $50 for a reserved brawl copy, and enough electricity for about 30 setups, then why dont u do it. if not, then dont complain.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
It's generally not a good idea to take anyone who thinks that "are" = "our" too seriously.

Leik LOLZ what am I still doing here? Who knows, I'm bored...

Paradigm

Smash Ace
St. Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal
I've received a couple messages about teams, but only from people I don't know so I have no way of making a decision >_>

find me at the venue and we'll play a game or two ^_^

www.overswarm.com/bio.php = me
Its still not 100%, but it looks pretty good that I'm going while neither of my regular choices for a doubles partner are able too. I'm fairly sure you know me, although I don't think we've ever played. I believe my brother (Reside) was in your pool at COK 111.

Anyways considering you already know me to a certain extent I figured I'd offer.

EDIT: Nevermind, plans fell through.

mathos

Smash Champion
Zig and Sam say that the venue will be renting big screen TV's that (hopefully) don't lag. With more Smashers around those scrub kiddies will just be background noise. I don't know about the owner though; I hope he can be reasoned with. If somebody who knew how to do brackets can bring a working version of TIO on like a USB key or something, that would probably help.
Well I can bring a few bracket sheets we made up for circuit events. It supposed to limit your amount of playing people multiply times. Tio has a setup for it but it usually accounts for seeding first.

And the idea of not showing up after this has already been declared a circuit event would really skew the result of season points. But whatever people want to do. We'll find a way to make it work. We always do :) but with any other event the MORE TVS YOU BRING THE BETTER.

If 5150 thinks its spam then you know thats a bad post :-p

More money never gurantees extra playtime. Winning allows you more playtime. The circuit has always been $15. You'll be in a pool of so many folk and depending on how well you perform then you may make the bracket. Smash always plays with the top placers taking the pot, usually 60/30/10 or 70/20/10. With that said the more people theorically means more competition switch is proportional to the pot size.

The Black Cat

Smash Journeyman
Those who remember me talking about it the last two tournaments! I know officially know why Seth/White Fox won't go to tournaments!

He thinks everyone here takes the game to seriously. "They play to win, not for fun." He also thinks that anyone who would drive even close to 1 hour for a tournament, is also taking the game to seriolulsy! He of course has never been to a tournament before. He is strangly enough reinforcing his opinion with that of shiner. Who also thinks everyone here is way to serious. BUT IS STILL COIMNG!

I just felt that it was somthing I had to share. Thank you for letting me waste some more of your time.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
LOL at "They play to win, not for fun." What a scrubby thing to say. I bet leaves within 10 minutes of arriving at the tournament, if he shows up at all. Tell him to go to Geno's house on Friday if he just wants to "play for fun". We'll beat his @$$ and have fun while doing it.

Anther

Smash Champion
Be sure to wobble'em every stock of friendlies...

man.. is an 8 hour drive too serious x_X..?.. I'm a lil scared now.

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
yeah i would say an 8hr drive is serious, the tourney is gonna last 8-12hrs aswell:laugh:
man, it would seriously suck if i have to fight mathos or you in the first round.
i would like to friendly match you anther, my fox is nowhere as good as scotu's so you might have too much of an easy time beating me, maybe you've seen my vids cause i know you have posted on my thread, the one with cunning kitsune's beautiful literature.
O and better avatar now.

mathos

Smash Champion
Who wants CoKslapped? CoK is definiately the least serious and we drive 7 hours for this. Come on now, just because we're good doesn't mean you have to hate.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Who wants CoKslapped? CoK is definiately the least serious and we drive 7 hours for this. Come on now, just because we're good doesn't mean you have to hate.
We don't have to, but it's still a lot of fun.

*hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate*

Hate spam > laser spam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom