• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shoot First, Ask Questions Later: The Samus Tactical Discussion & Q&A Thread

GAH TO MUCH THEORYCRAFTING RAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHHAHGHGHAHGQAHAH *aplosion*

Guys that weird smash to fall off platform happened again, I think it has something to do with buffering tbh :/, im trying to recreate it atm.

Judo777

Smash Master
Idk if it was post on these boards or not but just wondering cause i have been tryin for a long time and i cant get it. I can very effortlessly b-reversal with every character in the game in mid fight with no issues.

Samus is the one exception to this. I have sat down and tried and im just curious is it possible to b-reversal with Samus? I don't mean a turn around b where u hit the opposite direction then input b to turn around i mean hitting b then hitting over to turn around and change direction of ur momentum with the same magnitude.

everyone else is super easy (except ganon and CF cause they have special b reversal inputs cause regular b reversal just does a turnaround punch) but i have never not once been able to do samuses just wondering guys whats up with that?

ZeroL

Smash Apprentice
No it's not possible with Charge Shot sadly, however you can just press the reverse direction and then fire the charge shot though. Missiles are possible, but the timing is very hard.

Im glad your seeing just how terribad she is now Lance <3. This is why I love you.
homo

Im officially taking dtilt off of my KOing list. Can't KO Snake at 190% fresh? GET OUT OF HERE.

Easier said then done im afraid :/. I love the matchup personally, I can wrack up damage so fast on Snake that the % really isn't that much of a bother.

Oopsie, accidently pressed edit on your post, sorry :3.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Everyone makes that mistake when they first get modded.

You try and press quote but hit edit by accident because you instinctively hit the button furthest to the left.

Really annoying. :(

Everyone makes that mistake when they first get modded.

You try and press quote but hit edit by accident because you instinctively hit the button furthest to the left.

Really annoying. :(
Seriously, this^.

Im going to have to stop using the quote function from now on, at least, until I can get used to it.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well, I am gonna regret this question *looks back at other attempts at other character boards* Sigh, but here goes.

My question pertains to the Pit v Samus matchup. Now, I've read a bit on the Samus matchup thread that from the 3 ratios, 2 being a 55:45 Pit, and a 50:50 even with Pit. But let's skip that part, and here's what I am trying to get at *takes deep breath*

My goal is to get all of Pit's matchups done with a lot of detail and information, hopefully with not much biasedness within the matchups. All the matchups I am typing up are on a document which I will hold every Pit matchup (when it's complete).

So here's the question at last. May I talk to some of the experienced Samus players about the matchup truthfully? You see, I don't only want a Pit's point-of-view of the matchup, but I want the other character's point-of-view of the matchup as well. In this case, I want some Samus mains' point-of-view of the matchup, so I can get both sides of it.
As for how many Samus players I want to talk to about this, probably 2 or 3, so I can get different opinions and more knowledge.

You can get me easiest on AIM or PM here, so I can discuss this personally (AIM preferred since I use it more often). I'm sorry if I am wasting your times, but I just want to get this done. I'll appreciate all your help, for it can make things easier for me. Thanks in advance *shrugs*

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I've given a bit of help already on the match-up on AiB before, but I'd be glad to give more or at least expand on it. If I have any free time today, I'll IM you, but you can AIM me if whenever you'd like, I should be online.

Yeah after I have uploaded some replays Admirial I'll be happy to help you out ^^

Don't fear man. The Samus boards are nothing like what you've seen on the other boards.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Yeah after I have uploaded some replays Admirial I'll be happy to help you out ^^

Don't fear man. The Samus boards are nothing like what you've seen on the other boards.
Admiral gets hated on constantly in the pit boards. He's being overly wary because he's having a pretty bad time on here right now. Btw Admiral come by the samus boards more often, just for fun, because this board is for fun.

Wish these character boards were invite only :p

Admiral gets hated on constantly in the pit boards. He's being overly wary because he's having a pretty bad time on here right now. Btw Admiral come by the samus boards more often, just for fun, because this board is for fun.

Wish these character boards were invite only :p
Oh I know about the Admiral hate, just want him to know he wouldn't actually get that here.

Yeah these boards should be invite only tbh :/

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
not at all. all of you guys would have asked for an invite so actually we'd probably be in the same scenario. But you'd have to PM the mod of that personal char board to get the invite, also meaning they can ban people from their respective boards. Give them banned 3 points from certain places. the pit boards would drop dramatically. Anyways with this idea it keeps more mains in their own boards. and if anyone needed another board for something such as match-ups they could PM the Modster.

Exactly. It's not like it's going to increase in the amount of trolls that are already present...

That's a really good idea Cherry.

Anyway, I have a question. Sometimes when I fire my charge shot near a ledge, Samus will fire the shot, and whilst it's going out of her cannon, she will drop onto the ledge (not airborne). Why does this happen?

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Exactly. It's not like it's going to increase in the amount of trolls that are already present...

That's a really good idea Cherry.

Anyway, I have a question. Sometimes when I fire my charge shot near a ledge, Samus will fire the shot, and whilst it's going out of her cannon, she will drop onto the ledge (not airborne). Why does this happen?
It's the same as firing a missile like that. Try running at the ledge then firing a smash missile the other way, if you do it right you'll fall to the ledge.

not sure why it happens, but it works with missiles, shields and Charge shots

It's the same as firing a missile like that. Try running at the ledge then firing a smash missile the other way, if you do it right you'll fall to the ledge.

not sure why it happens, but it works with missiles, shields and Charge shots
The animation of the charge shot looks different though. It's not the same as doing it that way. It's as if the whole process is lagless, like, no lag at all when the shot is fired.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Then I'd have to wonder what you are talking about. Maybe something that won't advance her emtagame but look really cool. Cause I could deal with that

Then I'd have to wonder what you are talking about. Maybe something that won't advance her emtagame but look really cool. Cause I could deal with that
Luckily enough I got a video of it when I was vsing Izaw. So It'll probably be up tomorrow in one of the matches.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
We already know of it. Also occurs if you shield dash to edge, then perform a special. Or if you roll to the edge, then perform a special.

Xyro does it occasionally. Not really helpful since you put yourself off stage when you should be following up on the fired projectile.

Dude it's EXTREMELY helpful. I avoided an fsmash from it, and it gets us back on the edge...

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
That's waht I was thinking NO-IDea but he said it was lagless. OH! dude I've done that. I don't know how or why, but I was thinking of This

It's like that but Samus attaches to the edge alot faster then that. But it's generally the same.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Hmm, you know you can jump and fire your charge shot and move backwards, so if your at the ledge you can do that and use the ledge for cover, but your very vulnerable after you shoot your ball o' death

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
No I'm not. What is the point of a tech if it doesn't improve your gameplay? So you look fancier? That's not going to win you a tournament.

Good pic. Missed your trolling.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
No I'm not. What is the point of a tech if it doesn't improve your gameplay? So you look fancier? That's not going to win you a tournament.

Good pic. Missed your trolling.
Hahahaha, we've been at finding stuff for her for a few years, but honestly, a tech that allows you to fire a CS laglessly but makes you fall off the stage isn't going to confound the other players. hell the only time anyone would use that is when the opponent is far away and it's not hard to pull up the shield so it results in some fancy crazy *** ****.

like the ledge thing where you hit the lip of the FD. not game breaking, not even useful unless you get EXTREMELY lucky, but boy does it ever make you look good, and that is half the battle :)

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
We already know of it. Also occurs if you shield dash to edge, then perform a special. Or if you roll to the edge, then perform a special.

Xyro does it occasionally. Not really helpful since you put yourself off stage when you should be following up on the fired projectile.
off stage=getting back to ledge
ledge=samus's future

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
ever so eager to jump in Xyro. while I dissagree that the Ledge while be out metagame, it'll certainly help. When I get up to high damage I camp the ledge hard, why? because I am in my safe place there.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Until you realize that the LGL is 35.

Do you really want to get to the point that you have to approach or risk being timed out? ROFL

Top Bottom