• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Gameshark Stages be Made Legal?

Gameshark Stages, Legal?

• Total voters

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Talking about up-b, the psa samus u air have the hitbox of her up b, she can do shield braks like crazy now xD

PD: Her Dtilt is like melee dtilt, fire ;D

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Metal mario is too small
Kirby beta 1/2 has hillarious edges.
Tutorial stage has a really weird/bad camera angle and an odd ceiling/side deathboxes.
My votes:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island (W/O Clouds)

Divine44

Smash Cadet
Metal mario is too small
Kirby beta 1/2 has hillarious edges.
Tutorial stage has a really weird/bad camera angle and an odd ceiling/side deathboxes.
My votes:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island (W/O Clouds)
the metal mario stage is hell for link

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
i say somebody hack a stage that is only two dash lengths in width and no platforms or anything else

ban all characters except link

behold the ultimate stage

Purtle

Smash Journeyman
Lol semp.

Anyways, I have not actually played on FD besides 1 player mode, so I can't say my opinion on it.

I'm not really a fan of any of the hacked stages., although i haven't tried pretty much any. I wouldn't mind trying out Yoshi Island w/o clouds though. Maybe battlefield/polygon stage I would try as well.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
seem you dont like the changes. dont like textures, dont like PSA, dont like stages. I have a friend thazt exactly like you.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
Judging from that, I could say that he doesn't play melee or brawl either...
well done if so... xD
but not about the textures and stages

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
okay, give me a reason why noone likes the tutorial stage besides the bad vertical killspots.
:c

NixxxoN

Smash Master
okay, give me a reason why noone likes the tutorial stage besides the bad vertical killspots.
tutorial stage looks like an unfinished stage to me, with wrong borders, not a proper camera and one wtf random single platform, but the most important are the borders

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
In answer to that...
NixxxoN said:
tutorial stage looks like an unfinished stage to me, with wrong borders, not a proper camera and one wtf random single platform, but the most important are the borders
SuPeRbOoM said:
the right border is horribly close and the left one is soooooooooooooooooo far away
Two posts in two words for that tutorial stage quiestion... IT SUCKS!!!

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
very well.

however, i'm sure those could be fixed with a hackers touch.

but..it's basically a dumbed down version of dreamland without the lolwind.

linkoninja

Smash Journeyman
yeah I am anticipating Kirby Beta stages getting no votes.

Just wanted to include them anyway, just in case some noob came in screaming bloody murder for those options not being available.
Wasn't there a Kirby Beta Stage that was just like Dreamland but smaller?

The problem I see with FD, The Polygon Stage, and Metal Mario stage is that they are too small for too many characters.
Link would be getting owned on those stages, and not help his tier placing at all, instead probably just give more options to kick his butt on.

Divine44

Smash Cadet
the tutorial stage is bogus when you get thrown to the left you have to guess how far you are from the platform

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
linkoninja said:
The problem I see with FD, The Polygon Stage, and Metal Mario stage is that they are too small
WAIT!!!
FD... too small...??
Isn't FD = Final Destination??
isn't that the Master Hand stage??
.......is it??

JustCause

Smash Cadet
I'm personally in favor of Battlefield neutral and FD counterpick.

Also, Jiggs BtP >>>>> all.

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
Battlefield is a slightly smaller dreamland with no wind. That stage is the most plausible imo. Final Destination is a flat stage with no platforms, making most characters more limited in combos. It overall comes down to a gimpfest, which isn't too much of a problem in competitive play... also plausible I guess.

All the other stages are either too small or too wacky.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Most likely because they were unfinished, I'd imagine.

That, or they were special stages designed with a special purpose, and that's it.

Except for the Kirby Betas. Dunno wtf they were thinking!

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
experimenting with grabable ledges.

I bet to test the game, they put a bunch of casual gamers in a room with those stages on.

Even complete noobs get annoyed by the ledges.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Yeha, that one Beta that looks like Dreamland but with grabbable platforms is actually pretty cool, and since it was the first smash game, that had to be a thought over in HAL laboratories.

It's fun to dash off a platform and grab the next one. People are like WUT

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Download the cheat file, put it in your p64k folder and then go to the drop down menu and click on the gameshark code/cheats tab.

From there just find the correct code on the list

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Then do you pick any stage? When I tried it, I just picked Random because I once heard that the Random stage is the gamesharked stage, but I dunno.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
I downloaded the .cht file from the sticky and I can't tell what any of the codes do. There aren't any labeled "Metal Mario stage" or anything. There is one labeled Final Destination but it doesn't seem to do anything (besides change the music to the FD music haha)

Battlecow

Play to Win
Ballin'-

What I do is, I just go to the gameshark codes option in PJ64k, click the "new" tab, and enter the first however many digits/letters into the first box, the last four into the second, and then label it whatever it is.

So if I wanted the Metal Mario stage, I'd type in 800A4D09 to the first box, 000D into the second box, label it "metal mario stage" hit OK, check the box in the normal tab that corresponded to it, and then open a game and click on whatever stage I wanted to in the stage select screen, and I'd go to the Metal mario stage.

I've never tried a .cht file, but I'd imagine that you'd just find a file named [something].cht in your PJ64k and replace it with the file you downloaded.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Yeah, when I did it, I just manually inputted all the codes. Just be aware that you can only have one stage code on at a time.

Top Bottom