• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Metaknight be Banned? ***Take 3***

Should Metaknight be banned?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Pikachu>Raichu.

In anycase other than saying "get better, use a better character." that doesn't really add to the argument on adding to the anti ban.

only because that only lays the blame upon the player while it does not look at the fact that the players you all listed, are all exceptionally good.

Character choice does have something to do with it, this is true, but the argment of "get better" doesn't mean much considering what the tournament results have been saying.
When Snake was dominating (he took over 37% of all tournaments which MK has ot done IIRC), people got better, Snake dropped.

MK however hasn't shown himself to be lowering , if anything, it only appears that Mk has become more and more prominent.

So what then? Just get better? Obviously people have been attempting to make such strides, so the blame cannot all lie on the player.

If in order to win you have to be many times better than the other player, then what does that say about the character?
Of course MK isn't gonna decline much, when the best player on the continent is maining him.

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
Why the **** not?

Would you play 8/4o at a poker tourn cause 4 is your fave number? No, but you'd go all in with aces.
You cannot compare poker to Brawl, as both are very different. ( At least in that way.)

Anyways, I play my Main because I CAN.
Why should I play Metaknight or Snake? Because they are top tier? Sorry, but no.
I main my character because I am satsified with him.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Your character is garbage, and MK beats it. Would you like to MM me with Peach?

I'll tell ya, I wouldn't be confident if you were snake, or wario
I could careless what the hell you think of my character. See how you meta players are full of crap? Bias to the end. High tier players are just the same. And I'm not some coward like you to have a mindset of failing when facing a high tier. That **** does not get you anywhere. and one reason why people lose to meta. So you can kick rocks.

Tell me who the hell you are so I can just get this over with.

Ru-fi-o

Banned via Administration
One possible answer: they are less represented and have to go through more than one MK (usually) while the MK may not even face that character in tournament, and even if they did, three MKs are likely to take down one <insert 50:50 character>, if that person advances.
Your equation lacks so many actual variables it's almost stupid. Please go die somewhere. You think you're smarter than everyone else, and you're not. How do I know?!

Cause I'm smarter than everyone else. Including you.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Question: If we have all these characters who supposedly go close to even with MK, why is it that we have not seen those characters shown a greater presence inside of the tournaments?
M2K refuses to play other characters because they're too boring.

Anti has picked up Snake.

ADHD plays Diddy.

Shadow has played MK since the game came out, you can't expect him to just switch characters all of the sudden.

Atomsk's DDD has destroyed every MK he's seen in the region not named Spam/M2K in the past what, 6 months?

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Answer: they are less represented and have to go through more than one MK (usually) while the MK may not even face that character in tournament, and even if they did, three MKs are likely to take down one <insert 50:50 character>, if that person advances.
sn't it possible though that perhaps MK has more of an advantage than just 55:45?
Especially considering that Snake has shown himself to be doing better than before when MK was outperforming him terrible.

As such, since everyone is sick of MK, we would also see a rise in characters that do well against MK and also characters doing well against snake correct?

Ru-fi-o

You cannot compare poker to Brawl, as both are very different.

Anyways, I play my Main because I CAN.
Why should I play Metaknight or Snake? Because they are top tier? Sorry, but no.
I main my character because I am satsified with him.
And I'm satisfied with being a tier ***** so I can take your money and spend it on *****es.

Excellence

Smash Champion
I also want to say that I was going to an tourney and that it was the first time I played MK in a tourney.

I got First, by using MK in the first match (Every Time win) then picking up Snake or others (Depends on the stage they had choosen, or my CP).

In every tournament before I couldn't get better then semi-finals, because my falco/olimar was defeated by an MK (Who won one of the two tourneys).

It's not they I hate MK, I find his style the one of best of all smash characters and I like his Movesets, but he's just too annoying and somehow too good (Not unbeatable but he IS freaking good xD)
The fact that your character is supposedly 45-55 (Falco) with Meta Knight and you're still losing either tells me the matches were very close or you're not too good and you're probably not playing any good players when you win with Meta Knight.

Question: If we have all these characters who supposedly go close to even with MK, why is it that we have not seen those characters shown a greater presence inside of the tournaments?
Because the characters who go close with Meta Knight are harder to user, harder to learn and still have bad match-ups. Why would I go main Wario and have to deal with a ton of grab releases which take a large amount of experience to learn how to get around them when I could easily just pick Meta Knight, still go even with Meta Knight and not have to deal with grab release? It's just easier.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Your equation lacks so many actual variables it's almost stupid. Please go die somewhere. You think you're smarter than everyone else, and you're not. How do I know?!

Cause I'm smarter than everyone else. Including you.
I don't think I'm smarter than everyone else. I do think you should stop screaming inanities throughout this thread.

And I'm satisfied with being a tier ***** so I can take your money and spend it on *****es.
Trolling gets you bridges, not *****es.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
so I can take your money and spend it on *****es.
Starts with a "p"

;D

....I wish I could find that old video called "10 metaknights" or something like that and post it here, but I can't seem to find it.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Toon link is fun, sure, but you can't expect money. Even with MK gone, "your" character is still trash.

You people aren't the main characters of the world. You all act like this is an episode of pokemon. "YEAH, I DON'T NEED NO ****ING THUNDER STONE! PIKACHU IS LIKE... GOOD ENOUGH, HOMES!"
Wow, dont bash TL. He definately can win tournaments. I've won a few of full of small tournaments. In fact, I won one yesterday, beating an MK in winners and grand finals. The MK isnt much of a bad player either, placing 9th at his last big tournament. (HOBO 15). I've also placed top 5 a few amount of times in big tournaments. Razer generally wins tournaments over here. Unless dojo goes.. but anyways, I feel that I can beat razer. Even though I havnt won a set yet, i've been pretty close. So next time, try and use a better example or something ;)

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
M2K refuses to play other characters because they're too boring.

Anti has picked up Snake.

ADHD plays Diddy.

Shadow has played MK since the game came out, you can't expect him to just switch characters all of the sudden.

Atomsk's DDD has destroyed every MK he's seen in the region not named Spam/M2K in the past what, 6 months?
That was my point. Considering the success of those respective players, why do we not see people switching characters in order to have a chance against MK?

Ru-fi-o

Wow, dont bash TL. He definately can win tournaments. I've won a few of full of small tournaments. In fact, I won one yesterday, beating an MK in winners and grand finals. The MK isnt much of a bad player either, placing 9th at his last big tournament. (HOBO 15). I've also placed top 5 a few amount of times in big tournaments. Razer generally wins tournaments over here. Unless dojo goes.. but anyways, I feel that I can beat razer. Even though I havnt won a set yet, i've been pretty close. So next time, try and use a better example or something ;)
Thanks for the assist, homes.

And your sig is wrong. Texas is SECOND. This third or fourth, you guys ****. NJ is still first, though.

Sky`

Smash Lord
Races Tournament in So-cal.

60 people entered.

1st: Tyrant (MK)
2nd: Fiction (Wario)
3rd: MikeHAZE (Marth)
4th: DSF (MK)
5th: DEHF (Falco)
5th: Futile (Wario)
7th: FlyAlmanita: (Ice Climbers)

I don't know if it helps my cause that MK should be banned.
It actually doesn't.

But what do you make of this ranking? It was a pretty big tournament.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
That was my point. Considering the success of those respective players, why do we not see people switching characters in order to have a chance against MK?
Character loyalty, I suppose? It counter-productive to the "play-to-win" mindset.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
lol you're a ****ing idiot.
50$ MM, 2v2. Must have paypal.
Who paypals to someone in person?

And yeah, my comebacks suck. I should work on them so I can sound cool.

But money gets you *****es, and MK gets you money. ;)
Good luck with that.

Races Tournament in So-cal.

60 people entered.

1st: Tyrant (MK)
2nd: Fiction (Wario)
3rd: MikeHAZE (Marth)
4th: DSF (MK)
5th: DEHF (Falco)
5th: Futile (Wario)
7th: FlyAlmanita: (Ice Climbers)

I don't know if it helps my cause that MK should be banned.
It actually doesn't.

But what do you make of this ranking? It was a pretty big tournament.
None of the guys who don't have MK next to them didn't use him for a match or anything, I'm assuming? If so, cool results, though I'm not sure exactly what I'd make of that.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
The fact that your character is supposedly 45-55 (Falco) with Meta Knight and you're still losing either tells me the matches were very close or you're not too good and you're probably not playing any good players when you win with Meta Knight
Yes you're right or maybe I had just a good day :laugh:...

It was only something I wanted to add to this discussion and I think I'm not the first player who placed better in a tourney than in others after he played with MK.

And take the Germany John if you want to, I would destroy you if I would live in America :chuckle:

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Because they're too attached to their characters (compilation of lights and colors) to switch, lol.

Also, name players who are LEGITIMATELY GOOD ENOUGH to beat the top MK players if they started using those characters. Very few exist. In addition to that, show me instances of players just suddenly placing high with MK when they weren't already established as good.

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
I am sigging this.

I live in his region. It'd be in person.

Dark Peach, you can OVERCOME Meta, right? 50$?
This is really not the place for that.

That was your comeback? Really? I've heard better **** from the New Kids on the Block.

Discuss
You really need to calm down. Your are just throwing insults, that does not go well with anyone really :/

I say we need to get back on topic, before we all get infracted.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
If I could be at the top or even somewhere high up, I would. I can't. That's why I'm stuck with these "silly little number games." I don't have the choice to do anything else. They do, so they don't have to be in these threads.

Also, name characters MK knocks to 70:30 and tell me if these characters don't have a fight nearly that bad already. You can't make a post dedicated as to why I'm mistaken for talking match-up numbers and then tell me that they're valid in the case of MK.
All of us as players have to start from somewhere including those who are currently at the top, and false...you always have a choice to do something else. I will revert to my previous point about top players "walking the walk" because in order to get to the top that is exactly what you have to do, even though success is not a guaranteed result. It is a gamble, but the top players took action and LEARNED the matchups (what they can exploit and look out for in certain matchups) instead of fiddling so much with all of the predetermined matchup numbers and "X character most likely beats Y character because of this" scenarios.
This is because when a match is going on, it's only about the here and now, not anything that is statistically predetermined. The furthest one can progress with any sort of predetermination is if a character is clearly and visually outclassed by another, such as MK clearly being a better character than C. Falcon; I'm sure you don't need any numbers to determine that on your own.

As for the second half of your post, well...I'll name one for you, Captain Falcon, heck let's go with all of D-G tier while we're at it. What I am saying is that MK is clearly better than all of these characters. Any player with common sense and enough experience with the game will be able to see that for himself, thus it's visual clarity. You don't need any numbers to prove his dominance over said characters. One could argue that matchup numbers are merely used to guage the difficulty between matchups, but isn't the difficulty of matchups subjective to the individual player? Wouldn't that make any predetermined matchup numbers irrelevant to the actual match or just plain inaccurate at the very least (if and only if it is not visually clear that one character has dominance over another)?

This is why I don't put so much faith into matchup numbers, but rather in the player's knowledge in the actual match at hand.

Excellence

Smash Champion
Many people, despite all their crap they argue here, are still clinging to the hope that their character could win tournaments if Meta Knight wasn't present. Those people probably make up the bulk of those trying to get him banned, but what they still don't realize is that ****ty characters are still not tournament viable with or without Meta Knight.

according to a matchup chart i read, snake and Donkey Kong r counters to MK
Lol what? Are you ****ing serious? Everyone knows that chart is incorrect, partically out of date, and cannot be used to argue in any way.

Wow this thread hasn't been filled with spam and more theory craft than facts at all.
I know, its amazing. I find it even more amazing that seventy percent of the spam in this thread is coming from one person.

Flayl

Smash Hero
A third poll. ****, just come out of the closet and tell us how much you hate metaknight instead of making the smash community look bad. Every fighting game has their best character, MK is Brawl's. You don't ban a character for being the best, you ban him for being unbeatable. Which MK is clearly not at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom