• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Shulk Match-Ups: Directory/General Discussion – Engage the Enemy

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Since I know this character very well and SFLR probably knows her so well, and so does Nammy and Kenniky, I'm definitely going for :4zelda:

OP has been updated
I hate to bring up posts from the past but

what

I do?

Also I would recommend reorganizing the OP so that it makes more sense (CSS order or something, chronological is really random)

Last edited:
I hate to bring up posts from the past but

what

I do?

Also I would recommend reorganizing the OP so that it makes more sense (CSS order or something, chronological is really random)
Yeah, I'll handle that. Thanks

Alright. OP has been redone. Sort of. There will be a new table soon

Last edited:
Announcement

So the MU discussions have been doing well right? Well, we all know that flaming is definitely a no-no in MU discussions. There's one more REALLY important rule that I unfortunately overlooked. I've been seeing this statement thrown around a lot:
But we can't maintain the mid-range forever!
Well here's the rule that I forgot to implement (and is also in other MU threads like the Mewtwo thread. Go see for yourself):
  • Human error isn't something worth serious consideration. Discussions will assume both characters are being played to utmost potential
I'll be placing this in the OP to make sure you all know this

This is also why the Luigi and Falcon match up are not in their respective favors if anything, btw.

Edit:
There were no rules typed on the OP

So I decided to handle it:
General rules and guidelines for Match-up Discussions:
¤ When discussing, make sure to avoid as much bias as possible. Be honest about the shortcomings of your character
¤ Know that the real meat of match ups are the discussion and not the score. If you can, at least tell people how to stand a chance or how to beat your character
¤ No flaming please. No spam also. Flaming or spamming will not be tolerated and will be harshly deal with via infraction
¤ Human error isn't something worth for consideration. Match up discussions assume that both characters are playing at their highest/peak potential
Thank you and keep feeling it

Last edited:
You can discuss both. I've seen some MU managers/handlers make two ratios for customs and default. Palutena mains are sort of known for this so I'll make an exception for them. I guess

Linkmario00

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Linkmario00
If we discuss :4palutena:, I agree with give a score for default and one for customs...I mean, customs can actually complete change Palutena's game and put her something like two tiers above herself without customs lol

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Do custom :4palutena:, shes a ***** to fight and she's also annoying as hell.

At least ZSS is only a ***** to fight :'D

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I'll vote for :4palutena: too. Her customs make her a very unique character compared to everyone else and custom tourneys are becoming common soooo...it's important to learn how to deal with her

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I vote for :4palutena: because :4zss: is trashT and she isn't worthy of discussion. :secretkpop:

Linkmario00

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Linkmario00
Can we also discuss what stage should we use against the characters? I know there's a thread about it, but discuss more specifically for each character can be useful

We've been doing that for a while now. Some of us include the stage discussion. Others don't (myself included most of the time)​

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
+1 :4marth:

We're not gonna get to it for a LONG time but I'd like to put this matchup vote here anyway

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Quick question, is there a reason Mewtwo isn't in the OP?

I get that it will be replaced soon but shouldn't we have it there for cohesiveness?

Linkmario00

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Linkmario00
So when are you going to start a new MU discussion? I think the Palutena's one is pretty done

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
I vote :4megaman: because I have some experience in the match-up. I also vote :4ness: because I hate this match-up.
I think we've covered both of them already. Check the OP for links to each MU discussion

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Going to change vote from :4marth: to :4olimar: , I see this matchup becoming kind of annoying for everyone so it might be useful to know.

TheHopefulHero

Smash Apprentice
Why not, I vote for Olimar because I might be able to say a couple of things in this match-up.

Linkmario00

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Linkmario00
Another vote for :4olimar: next.
Also I think we should discuss more about the:4myfriends: MU since he was significantly buffed with 1.0.8

With all the surprising changes, I'm gonna ask again, are there any re-discussions you guys are interested in? I'm inclined to simply close the old MU threads and make a new one for those characters that were significantly changed in terms of their weaknesses or strengths being alleviated (Diddy being a prime example)

TheHopefulHero

Smash Apprentice
It might not be a bad idea to review. Diddy and Ike are two characters who come to mind when it come to buff / nerf. If we're going to go back and talk, it's definitely worth re-investigaiting. (Ike in particular got the Shulk treatment with this patch, so we might want to change our plans for a bit.)

Like I said for Ike, I don't feel like the fundamentals of the match-up have changed. The buffs he got still don't really answer what make the match-up even (or slightly Shulk's favor if it's anyone's favor). Shulk still outranges Ike and also vastly has much more mobility than he does.

Diddy is definitely worth the re-discussion though

I don't want to clutter the Shulk boards so here's the old Diddy discussion thread

http://smashboards.com/posts/19444450/

Last edited:
Top Bottom