• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SiD 6: IMPULSE Prep | Toronto, ON, Canada | Results/Shoutouts/Vids | 03/10/2012

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I'm so tempted to quote Cruxis' post.

You really have no idea.

Also Kong, lol, I placed so poorly because I really didn't care lol. I only come to tournies to chill now.

(inb4someonegoesyeahsure)

Okay, my full shoutouts sorta.

And by that I mean not really. Because I'm sooooo bad at this. All y'all who made this thing awesome, y'know who you are :)

Mr_L

Smash Journeyman
Next Ontario tourney I attend, I'm grabbing top 2 no matter who attends.

I've levelled up.
Not if I come. Your Sonic got nothing on me :troll:

Edit: Also good job to everyone, especially Patches. Wish I could have made it

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
I reported Cruxis for fun as Spam, we'll see if he gets infracted. LOOOOL (hope you don't get banned for it).

Also Tinman next time, just play your matches when you got one even if it's round 3 and round 2 is still going so you can make brackets and not slow down the tournament.

I had fun calling the matches and doing whatever a TO does (Except bracket/seeding, didn't do that) Makes me want to host tournaments for real >.>. Shoutouts later.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Peachy
Meek
Suzaku
Patches
(in no particular order)

You guys are the 4 people I want to team with the most (excluding people I've already teamed with) and I'd like to team with you guys in the near future.

And of course if Ally wants to team with me, 1st place in dubs would be okay too I guess :troll:

Ruinn

Smash Ace
Well, here are my "shoutouts"

poke: for being the first person to greet me as I came in, we didnt get to play at all, but we did get to talk for a bit.

v115: pretty much showed me around and I got to play a couple matches with him.

mark/stef: you guys were mainly my doubles practice, thanks to you guys alot! also an extra thanks mark for letting me use your controller. ;-;

slate: cool guy, we also talked/played a lot.

Everybody else thanks for the fun tourny!

Kongmetal

Smash Journeyman
I also take back everything I ever said about Low tiers. It ended up being more popular than I ever imagined. I did not see 30+ people entering. I think I prefer it over mid tiers. It allows for several different opportunities. Under normal circumstances I probably might not team with Kongmetal (<3 u bro, but u understand), but low tier doubles was an enlightening experience and I'm really glad that I ran it :).
No worrys broski =) Im just happy you finally see low tiers can be so fun! Just because I dont get top 3 in regular doubles (me and peachy are doomed to 5th >_> for now.....) doesn't mean I cant do it in low tiers!!! I just need to take tourneys a bit more serious lol But from now on i think im gonna do just that. Kinda have a middle ground. Still gonna use characters i like but im not gonna do something jsut because its fun in tourney... Imma start playing smart!!! Now i got the whole package!!!!!!!

R e d X

Smash Journeyman
1. Ally ($195) - Never got my MM rematch :glare: But good **** as usual on first!
2. HolyNightmare ($97.5) - Fun MM and had a good time in dubs too. Good work on second.
3. V115 ($58.5) - Nicely done this time around, and from what I saw, a good set with Holy to boot though I think you'll defs be able to take a game off him next time.
And I thought you liked Norfair! D: You WERE the one that brought up the idea in the first place ;)
4. Suzaku ($19.5) - Nice placing, still kinda wanna play you, can always use practice on the Marth MU lol. Next time!
5. Patches ($9.75) - Awesome job on the placing, you've really stepped it up recently and here is proof yet again. Hope to see you out in Oakville in April (date still pending) so we can see you can tear **** up again
5. [YRSF] Tin Man ($9.75) - Frustrating LT set, but still really GGs overall, great set. Too bad we never got to MM lol, next time. Thanks for another great tourney!
7. Poke - We didn't play this time around (for once lol), but nice placing and good work!
7. Peachy - Kinda unfortunate I got eliminated by you in both LT singles and regular singles, but **** happens lol. GGs all around and once I learn that Peach MU I'm comin for you ;)
9. Hadean (Iliad) - First time i've ever played you in singles, pretty fun set and I look forward to playin you again next time to take a game off that Marth of yours ;)
9. Zhao_Guang - GGs in pools, felt like I could've put up a better fight (2 hours of sleep the night before was probably inadvisable XD) but no johns, was a fun set and it didn't really matter all that much in the long run. Keep reppin the F-Tier!
9. R e d X - You made top 10 as was your goal, nice. Also, GET BETTER AT THE MARTH MU
9. Blacktwins - Really legit Yoshi, didn't know if Pidge and I were gonna be able to pull that set off in dubs, thank goodness for PKT2 shenanigans ;) Also a really legit Lucas in LT dubs, you had me really worried there too. Good **** overall!
13. Leafshadow - Nice work this tourney, though I'm kinda sad we didn't get to play at all, next time! And hope everything worked out on the way home for you guys!
13. Dan-Da-Man - GGs in LTs and fun friendlies. oo bad we didn't get to random MM lol, but nbd, next time ;) And no worries bout that, just more opportunities for me to practice my tough MUs, gotta do it sometime and your Snake teaches me quite a bit when we play. Nice seeing you again!
13. Joker - So I hadn't heard of you before today, yet you made it out of pools (iirc causing the only upset resulting in a player who we expected to make it to bracket did not) and have a really legit DK, legit had me scared that set, thought you were gonna take it tbh. For how good you were I'm a little sad you didn't place higher, think you defs could've but seriously, really good **** and I hope to see you come out again!
13. QRAAXC (Phiddlesticks) - GGs in LT dubs, but didn't really get to play you outside of that set. Hope to play your Wario next time, curious to see how my Ness measures up against it these days.
17. Slate - Heard you made it out of pools but had to forfeit, that kinda sucks :/ But good stuff makin it out of pools and I hope to see you around!
17. Demon Demmy - Don't think we played :( Next time!
17. Snow Shard - Unfortunate you didn't make it out of pools, yours was a pretty tough one, but you put up a good fight and had a great run in dubs, so good stuff there. You'll place better in Oakville next month, I'm sure of it ;)
17. Fuddo -GGs in dubs, kinda an unfortunate way to end the set but you guys were mad legit as a team, really nice work. Gotta 1v1 that Pit again sometime, you've defs gotten better since we last played!
17. Inle - We didn't get to play this time around (for once lol) and it's unfortunate you didn't make bracket, but your pool wasn't the easiest, so it's understandable. Hope to play you again soon!
17. Yoona (sauc3) - Was initially really surprised you didn't make it out of pools, but then I found out you went random lol. Sad to hear you aren't comin our to Mk-banned tournies anymore, you seem like a really nice guy and you're a really good player, but I get the mentality, really sucks when the one char you really enjoy using gets banned :/ Still hope to see you around!
17. Ray_Kalm - So I'm relatively new to the scene, enough so that I hadn't heard of you before today. When I found out you were a Ganon main I was relieved cause I thought that would seal me getting out of pools and such, but then I found out you took Zhao to game 3 and were one of the best Ganon's out there back in the day, legit scared me. You were really impressive to play in pools, and I'd be scared to fight you in your prime, your Ganon's really legit and I really hope you can start comin out again, be amazing to have a Ganon main on our PR ;)
17. Skyler Silver - We didn't play this time, but I've heard you've been getting better, so we'll have to rematch sometime
25. Kongmetal - Great sets in LT dubs, accidental u-smash instead of f-smash in losers was kinda heart-breaking, but GGs all around. ANd we never got to have out MM! Hopefully I'll see you out in Oakville in April! :)
25. Sweetloo - GGs in LT losers, and sorry to hear about your tough pool lol. Hope to see you around the scene again sometime!
25. pidgezero_one - god DAMN did we ever have a legit run in dubs this time! You played really well here and I was really impressed at how much better you've gotten. I think all the improvement you've is really beginning to show and I'm really excited to see how well you do in future tournies! I'm also excited about the future we have together with each other! Love you cutie ;) <3
25. Bing - No worries man, just want everyone to have a good time, glad you could make it out! :)
25. David - We never played, but I watched you play a few games and you had a pretty solid Diddy from what I saw, nice work. Shame about the infinite against V115, but tbh that was the first time I'd ever seen it done in tourney myself XD
25. Looftwaffles - We didn't play this time around, next time!
25. Jen - Good set in pools, you really put up much more of a fight than I thought game 1, was legit gettin a little nervous for a bit, good stuff :)
25. Yosh - GGs in LT dubs, too bad we didn't get to play any singles games. Next time!
33. Shane - Don't think we met, hopefully we will next time you come out :)
33. Blackgold - We never got to MM and I don't think we even played at all, gotta do that next time!
33. Wheat - Don't think we met, hopefully you keep comin out and next time you do we'll play :)
33. 420Biddies - We didn't meet, but I hear you're a Ganon main. Respect lol, hope you can keep comin out and show people the power of low tiers!
33. Talia - Don't think we met, next time!
33. Supreme Dirt - We didn't play this time around, but I saw Brawl- and that's all I need to know (Y)
39. Monk - Too bad you had to dip before our MM and before singles, but I understand. Hope to see you around for Impulse!

Advent - Don't think we met, but I'm likin the low tier rep, we gotta play next time :)

Ruinn - Sucks you had to go before singles and before out MM, but things happen, nbd. No worries bout the controller, I was actually supposed to give you one to keep, but I totally forgot until after you left, sorry! :( Hope to see you out in Oakville next month so we can play in singles and I can see that DK in action! :)

If I somehow forgot anyone I played/met my apologies, was running on little sleep and ended up sick the day after so I was a bit out of it lol. Great to se you all again and hope to see you all out in Oakville in April!

Peachy-Desu

Smash Journeyman
Peachy
Meek
Suzaku
Patches
(in no particular order)

You guys are the 4 people I want to team with the most (excluding people I've already teamed with) and I'd like to team with you guys in the near future.

And of course if Ally wants to team with me, 1st place in dubs would be okay too I guess :troll:
Sure V, I'm always down to have another double female team lol. I promised Ian I'd team with him next tourney he and I attend. After that, I'm down to team with ya~ :p

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Wtf I don't get ness next to my name even tho I won a set as him on stream? :(

:phone:

LordEx64

Smash Rookie
This is David btw.
I used Captain falcon & Zelda in Low Tiers.

It was a really positive first brawl tournament experience (aside from a small University one) and I definitely learned a lot.

Shoutouts:

Inle - Had some really fun friendlies w/ you, though at the end I started playing stupid and being predictable (which you punished me well for) due to getting tired which you could probably tell. Great pools set also.

Phiddlesticks - really enjoyable diddy vs wario games in our pools. That 3rd game was nerve-wracking. Too bad we never got to play our friendlies afterwards. Gotta work on my items control.

Dan-Da-Man - Good seeing you too. Too bad we didn't get a chance to play each other. Maybe we can find a chance to play some friendlies back at UW.

V115 - Your ZSS is too good. I'm certain I'd still get wrecked w/o being infinited. It was cool to watch though lol. I'm gonna practice my single naner lock and hopefully get you back someday...

Tin Man -Thanks for hosting

Everyone else - thanks for making this a really fun tourney. See you next time.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
I also use Gannon and Mario on low tier doubles lol don't take el away from me!

Shoutouts later :)

:phone:
nah yo

No worrys broski =) Im just happy you finally see low tiers can be so fun! Just because I dont get top 3 in regular doubles (me and peachy are doomed to 5th >_> for now.....) doesn't mean I cant do it in low tiers!!! I just need to take tourneys a bit more serious lol But from now on i think im gonna do just that. Kinda have a middle ground. Still gonna use characters i like but im not gonna do something jsut because its fun in tourney... Imma start playing smart!!! Now i got the whole package!!!!!!!
I'm very happy to hear this :).

Kongmetal

Smash Journeyman
me and peachy really need to break our 5th place doubles streak XD
If we arent teaming again and peachy teams with ian (lol alex) V115 we should so team =)

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Since APPARENTLY I'm going to the next one of these as well I guess I should try and force myself to care by then.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
I got him banned, like I said I publicly said in this thread that I would report Cruxis for fun for his IAN spam. He then attacked the mod for being clueless of why he was infracted. LOOOOL

Iliad

Smash Lord
Iliad shout outs... When i'm not so exhausted from work.

All I'll say for now. Is shout outs to Ian for being a beast. Shout outs to Suzaku for making me horny. Shout outs to V for discovering the best new doubles team ever. Shout outs to poke for being a stupid gay ****** worst player in the scene rage rage rage.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Well what we do with replays is that we email them to Tin Man and he uploads them on CanadaBrawl.
The way to get replays from your Wii to your computer is to put them on your SD card and then transfer from your SD card to your computer.

Now, Ruin, I know you don't have an SD card, so...maybe if you got the friend code of a person who has an SD card, you could send it to them via Wifi (I think you can do that with replays...right?) and they could send the replays to Tin Man. Maybe get Tin's FC, or send them to me or something.

420Biddies

Smash Rookie
s/o to ally for losing to me in a money match
s/o to blackgold bc sens are gay
s/o to everyone for being a pusy bc I WON THIS TOURNAMENT

Top Bottom